Harry Potter WII vs Harry Potter PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Link_tha_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Link_tha_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

hi guys,

i am thinking about getting Harry Potter for the wii or the ps3 but i have a few questions:

1) Does the game follows the majority of the storyline of the book or does it follow the movie? I have not read the book version of hp5 and i know that the movie can't contain everything that is mentioned in the book.

2) Should i get it on the wii or ps3? No fan boy b***s**t please, i think on the wii a big plus is you can use your wii remote for the spells and it is cheaper, but on the ps3 it looks of course a lot better. The reason why i got a wii was for games like harry potter 5, but now i am falling to the gorgeus gfx as well...

Thank you for helping in advance:D

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts
The PS3 and Wii versions almost look identical so it leads me to believe they built it for the Wii first. But GS gave both version the same score so in the end it is up to which controller you want to use.
Link_tha_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Link_tha_Gamer
bump?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
1)The Ps3 version will have better graphics,this is a given. 2)The story will be the same.
jokerandspidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jokerandspidey
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
The PS3 and Wii versions almost look identical so it leads me to believe they built it for the Wii first. But GS gave both version the same score so in the end it is up to which controller you want to use.Nintendo_Man
Sure it does! Dude seriously stop with theBS.
Gamer46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 315

#6 Gamer46
Member since 2003 • 11304 Posts
I'd say to avoid the game all together as most licensed games are trash,but that's just my opinion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
question are these harry potter games any good ?
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
It is a pretty decent game. I would only reccomend it to HP fans. If you haven't read the book you will be quite lost witht the story. As for the version you buy it depends on what you want more, HD or wiimote spellcasting. Although it is one of the best looking wii games and I am sure the sixaxis is used to spell cast aswell.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
EA said the wii version is the main one. The wii version looks good enough.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I don't like the Harry Potter video games. The HP games are less exciting than the books and movies themselves.

palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts

The PS3 and Wii versions almost look identical so it leads me to believe they built it for the Wii first. But GS gave both version the same score so in the end it is up to which controller you want to use.Nintendo_Man
noooooooooooooooooo.....BS!

I have played both the 360 and wii version

and 360 version(ps3 versiont look the same as 360)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wii/ps2 version

the wii/ps2 version is really really ugly it looks like an early ps2 game

buy the ps3 version

Darklayk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darklayk
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts

hi guys,

i am thinking about getting Harry Potter for the wii or the ps3 but i have a few questions:

1) Does the game follows the majority of the storyline of the book or does it follow the movie? I have not read the book version of hp5 and i know that the movie can't contain everything that is mentioned in the book.

2) Should i get it on the wii or ps3? No fan boy b***s**t please, i think on the wii a big plus is you can use your wii remote for the spells and it is cheaper, but on the ps3 it looks of course a lot better. The reason why i got a wii was for games like harry potter 5, but now i am falling to the gorgeus gfx as well...

Link_tha_Gamer

As an owner of a 360 and a wii I say go with harry potter on wii, The 360 version is higher res, but the wii controls are just great fun.Levitating stuff with the wiimote is just too much fun. The wiimote turns an average game into a good one for me.

jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts

Got the wii one and my daughters love it, the wiimote is so much better, and i couldn't go back to the old controler anymore, i've having a blast on RE 4 on the wii.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts

I don't like the Harry Potter video games. The HP games are less exciting than the books and movies themselves.

Shad0ki11
Exactly,i've only played the first 2 Harry Potter games,and neither do the books justice. 10 more days 'till the end...
Link_tha_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Link_tha_Gamer
thanks guys, i am going to get the wii version:D when i have seen the movie.
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts

question are these harry potter games any good ?123625

Compared ot Movie based games in general? EXCELLENT. On their own they are above average at best. Harry potter fans only. I personally think HP sucks/ Haven't played the game.

iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
so the wii has one this war then lol i love it
sodafountan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 sodafountan
Member since 2006 • 551 Posts
watch ign's video review..... they said the wii looks amazing and the wand controls are really fun on the wii
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts

The latest HP is an awful game, I hired it.

All you do is run back and forth hogwarts lighting firesm cleaning up and hunting down 28 people for dumbldores army. Then you have to refind them all over again! Screw that! Plus the story is utterly broken. If you haven't read the book you won't have a hope in hell of ubderstanding whats going on.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
[QUOTE="Link_tha_Gamer"]

hi guys,

Darklayk

As an owner of a 360 and a wii I say go with harry potter on wii, The 360 version is higher res, but the wii controls are just great fun.Levitating stuff with the wiimote is just too much fun. The wiimote turns an average game into a good one for me.

Are there broom-flying sequences in the game?

yoshi-lnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yoshi-lnex
Member since 2007 • 5442 Posts
From what I've seen, the graphics in both cersions are nearly identical, so don't worry too much avout it.
kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#22 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts
PS3 version has more graphical flare, wii version apaprently has fun controls though.
Pepperpop10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Pepperpop10
Member since 2006 • 1548 Posts

The latest HP is an awful game, I hired it.

All you do is run back and forth hogwarts lighting firesm cleaning up and hunting down 28 people for dumbldores army. Then you have to refind them all over again! Screw that! Plus the story is utterly broken. If you haven't read the book you won't have a hope in hell of ubderstanding whats going on.

darklord888
Who hasn't read the book?
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

I say the Wii version. It $10 cheaper, is really fun with the Wiimote, and the graphics are still good. The PS3 version just has better graphics.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#25 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

Well, in case anyone hasn't noticed, they seem to be marketing it more for the Wii rather than any of the other consoles. Think about it, I've seen the Wii with a demo of it in stores (I played it), the commercial only mentions the Wii version and its controls, and the game is obviously just better suited for the Wii. I played the game, the graphics aren't superb, but they aren't exactly superb on the PS3 either. The use of the Wiimote is definitely pretty good though, mind you it does have room for improvement, but it seemed to me that it would seem more interesting than just using an analog stick and buttons to cast spells.
I'd say go for the Wii version, I've gotta admit using the Wiimote to make objects float in the air was pretty darn cool.