Hardcore hermits: What console games do you think look great?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

GTA IV (This technically counts because it has not been announced as a PC game yet) is one of the games I might have to buy a console for.

Metal Gear Solid 4 looks absolutely insane as well.

I havent heard any real solid info on Banjo Threeie, but just the thought of it makes me happy.

Metroid Prime 3 looks amazing. With the wiimote, controls should be very fluid and hopefully it might capture the graphical potential of the Wii (as small as that might seem).

As of right now, those are the big ones. For me at least.

muscleserge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 muscleserge
Member since 2005 • 3307 Posts
mass efect, but I am not that hyped for it, ou tof all upcoming console games this on einterests me th emost.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
I like Heavenly Sword ALOT as well as GTA IV. My brother really wants to play Metal Gear Solid 4, but I am not into that game style.
Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts
The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the head
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MadExponent

The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the headEducated_Gamer

The Darkness is great. I just wish they'd do it on PC so they could take advantage of DX10 and all the speed of high machines like mine.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
What is a hermit?
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Mass Effect, MGS4, Halo 3, Too Human, The Darkness(probably the one of best games to come out this summer) and Turok. Stuff like that I am missing a few games, but those are the ones that come to mind.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 organic_machine
What is a hermit?Deihmos
PC gamer
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts
Yeah, Mass Effect looks great, and I'm naturally a fan of Bioware, being that I'm a PC Gamer mostly. GTA IV as well, and that's about it though. There's just too many other great games coming to PC that will interest me more. Between Crysis and Hellgate, nothing on consoles can compete.
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

[QUOTE="Deihmos"]What is a hermit?smokeydabear076
Hermit- A PC fanboy. Loner, no friends gamer who playes by himself.

lol woah there :lol:

blueteeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blueteeth
Member since 2006 • 1158 Posts

metroid prime 3

resident evil 5

halo 3

GTA4

MGS4

Educated_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Educated_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1095 Posts

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the headMadExponent

The Darkness is great. I just wish they'd do it on PC so they could take advantage of DX10 and all the speed of high machines like mine.

I dont think theyd make it look much better. The Darkness looks incredible. The only game that looks better than it is probaly Crysis. But graphics arent the darkness's main attraction (not trying to bash crysis). Honestly, why would you be a hermit and care about graphics so much? No offense to your awesome gaming pc (i see your sig) but the pc for the most part has graphically mediocre looking games with a fe eye-catchers here and there.My most anticipated title is a whole long way from good graphics- Hellgate London. Starcraft 2 doesnt even look that good. Im not saying that thse wont be brilliant games though.

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#15 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm and mockery? ;)

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 organic_machine
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the headEducated_Gamer

I dont think theyd make it look much better. The Darkness looks incredible. The only game that looks better than it is probaly Crysis. But graphics arent the darkness's main attraction (not trying to bash crysis). Honestly, why would you be a hermit and care about graphics so much? No offense to your awesome gaming pc (i see your sig) but the pc for the most part has graphically mediocre looking games with a fe eye-catchers here and there.My most anticipated title is a whole long way from good graphics- Hellgate London. Starcraft 2 doesnt even look that good. Im not saying that thse wont be brilliant games though.

but better graphics is able to fuel better game play. physics, destruactable enviornment, AI, etc are all parts of the gameplay.

smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]What is a hermit?dgsag

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm and mockery? ;)

It is a joke, but it is the definition in the system wars informational thread.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MadExponent
[QUOTE="MadExponent"]

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the headEducated_Gamer

I own this PC because PC games coming out over the lifetime of the Xbox 360 and PS3 will be distinctly better than consoles. Crysis is just a TINY taste of what is to come from DX10 and next gen PC hardware. Do you realize the kind of game that a machine like mine could play if the PC devs designed a game around my specs? We are talking about games that are more than a generational jump over current PC games and nextgen consoles.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MadExponent
[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the headorganic_machine

but better graphics is able to fuel better game play. physics, destruactable enviornment, AI, etc are all parts of the gameplay.

Exactly.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MadExponent
Also not to piss anyone off or anything, but no matter how much better a console game might look compared to a current or last gen PC title I will take the PC game because I have yet to see a console game @ 1080p with as clean of anti-aliasing as I can achieve on my PC. Sure that console game might look pretty good, but the same game can be done on a nice PC with like 8x or even 16x AA and 16x AF which cleans things up and makes things look sharp. Console game still have horrid AA problems which makes me want to gag just looking at them.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 organic_machine
Also not to piss anyone off or anything, but no matter how much better a console game might look compared to a current or last gen PC title I will take the PC game because I have yet to see a console game @ 1080p with as clean of anti-aliasing as I can achieve on my PC. Sure that console game might look pretty good, but the same game can be done on a nice PC with like 8x or even 16x AA and 16x AF which cleans things up and makes things look sharp. Console game still have horrid AA problems which makes me want to gag just looking at them.MadExponent
see, I can live without good AA, but AF is a Godsend no question. Especially in HL2. I am glad they have it in episode 1, cause the fact it was lacking in HL2 was annoying.
Zuluking187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zuluking187
Member since 2005 • 2561 Posts
Mass Effect, SSBB, GTA4, and HALO 3.
Avatar image for theholydarkness
theholydarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theholydarkness
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="organic_machine"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the headMadExponent

Exactly.

im no pro at this but isnt the havok and eudophorian engine the best at these? both rin on the 360 and ps3.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
Mass Effect looks pretty awesome.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MadExponent
[QUOTE="MadExponent"][QUOTE="organic_machine"][QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"][QUOTE="MadExponent"]

[QUOTE="Educated_Gamer"]The Darkness better be mentioned. But then again, not everyone knows what its about. The think its only a game that you have guns and have snakes onwither side of the headtheholydarkness

Exactly.

im no pro at this but isnt the havok and eudophorian engine the best at these? both rin on the 360 and ps3.

I am also no pro, but doesn't a good PC do a better job at just about everything?

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 organic_machine
[QUOTE="theholydarkness"]im no pro at this but isnt the havok and eudophorian engine the best at these? both rin on the 360 and ps3.

MadExponent

I am also no pro, but doesn't a good PC do a better job at just about everything?

Also, Havok is not as advanced as how it is implimented with the latest PC hardware. For example, look at Crysis' physics and HL2's physics. Crysis is way more advanced. But also, AI is a huge part of gameplay. I am a hermit and I admit that HL2's AI was a colossal let down. But Crysis looks to be amazing in that regard. We'll see.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MadExponent
[QUOTE="MadExponent"][QUOTE="theholydarkness"]im no pro at this but isnt the havok and eudophorian engine the best at these? both rin on the 360 and ps3.

organic_machine

Also, Havok is not as advanced as how it is implimented with the latest PC hardware. For example, look at Crysis' physics and HL2's physics. Crysis is way more advanced. But also, AI is a huge part of gameplay. I am a hermit and I admit that HL2's AI was a colossal let down. But Crysis looks to be amazing in that regard. We'll see.

HL2's AI is scalable with the difficulty setting. Try it on hard ;)

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 organic_machine
[QUOTE="organic_machine"][QUOTE="MadExponent"][QUOTE="theholydarkness"]im no pro at this but isnt the havok and eudophorian engine the best at these? both rin on the 360 and ps3.

MadExponent

I did. It sucked still. It was better, but IMO, the only thing difficuly level should change is accuracy. FEARS AI was cgood even on easy. Far Cry was the same way. HL2 was a let down in that regard. The game still rocked though. But AI is important to me.

DDX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 DDX2
Member since 2004 • 6316 Posts
ill probably get laughed at, but Resistance looks pretty cool.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 organic_machine
ill probably get laughed at, but Resistance looks pretty cool.DDX2
laughed at by lemmings. it looks like a great game and 8.6 is a fantastic score.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MadExponent
[QUOTE="MadExponent"][QUOTE="organic_machine"][QUOTE="MadExponent"][QUOTE="theholydarkness"]im no pro at this but isnt the havok and eudophorian engine the best at these? both rin on the 360 and ps3.

organic_machine

I did. It sucked still. It was better, but IMO, the only thing difficuly level should change is accuracy. FEARS AI was cgood even on easy. Far Cry was the same way. HL2 was a let down in that regard. The game still rocked though. But AI is important to me.

Anyways I think FEAR is a pile steamy dog crap. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I bought it and why people hype it.

darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
Mass Effect looks awesome. I'm going to buy a 360 for that game.
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 organic_machine
Anyways I think FEAR is a pile steamy dog crap. I cannot for the life of me figure out why I bought it and why people hype it.MadExponent
It had issues with level design. It had optimization issues. But no one can deny the quality of the AI and the detail in the combat. you hate FPS if you didnt think that the way bullets would chew away at the walls was cool. It made things very intense.
vengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vengi
Member since 2004 • 399 Posts

I'm looking at MP3, the wii is a very different experiance to the PC so I bought it, it's strange but nice having all these "people" around you while you play along side them :)

I'm thinking of buying/building a new PC for the first wave of real DX10 games. I wonder how much of a difference in performace a Quad core CPU would make in the long run.

Edit: Why does this forum always randomly get rid of spaces when you do a quick post??

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

That actually made me :lol:

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Lair, MGS4, Gear of War, Mass Effect,SSBB, SMG, Metroid Prime 3, these all look great in terms of graphics.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

yet cows are now having to play by themselves as do lems in most games, the fact is very few console games support single system multiplayer on one system. yes there is the odd one like geow but most don't

organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 organic_machine
Why does this forum always randomly get rid of spaces when you do a quick post??vengi
Because they don't want you to quick post. ;)
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 smokeydabear076

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"][QUOTE="Deihmos"]What is a hermit?imprezawrx500

yet cows are now having to play by themselves as do lems in most games, the fact is very few console games support single system multiplayer on one system. yes there is the odd one like geow but most don't

It is not my definition. I don't really agree with it.
_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

Mass Effect - 360

Fire Emblem, SSBB and Mario Galaxy. - Wii

PS3 has nothing I can think off...

The thing is that in my Eyes the 360 is a failure. It's been 1,5 year after it's release and only two games interest me. I want to play Mass Effect pretty badly, but I don't want to buy a 360 just to play 3 games or possibly 4games.

IMO the Wii has much more going for it. The wiimote itself already interests me.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Shadow of the Colossus, Katamari Damacy, God of War II, Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and 4, and Final Fantasy X are console games that I think look incredible.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

Also not to piss anyone off or anything, but no matter how much better a console game might look compared to a current or last gen PC title I will take the PC game because I have yet to see a console game @ 1080p with as clean of anti-aliasing as I can achieve on my PC. Sure that console game might look pretty good, but the same game can be done on a nice PC with like 8x or even 16x AA and 16x AF which cleans things up and makes things look sharp. Console game still have horrid AA problems which makes me want to gag just looking at them.MadExponent

Somebody is spoiled lol...

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
Basically, Mass Effect.
MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MadExponent

[QUOTE="MadExponent"]Also not to piss anyone off or anything, but no matter how much better a console game might look compared to a current or last gen PC title I will take the PC game because I have yet to see a console game @ 1080p with as clean of anti-aliasing as I can achieve on my PC. Sure that console game might look pretty good, but the same game can be done on a nice PC with like 8x or even 16x AA and 16x AF which cleans things up and makes things look sharp. Console game still have horrid AA problems which makes me want to gag just looking at them.turgore

Somebody is spoiled lol...

You're right I do spoil myself.