Happy 10th year Anniversary of Deus Ex Human Revolution!

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24979 Posts

Source

Cant believe its been 10 years. one of the best game ever made and one of greatest comeback of all time.

The game single handedly saved 7th gen when it was full of dumbed down COD clones then out of sudden we got a masterpiece like this.

although it was not better than original game in any way. but its first game that survive consolization.

kinda sad square abondon Deus Ex series.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

It's ok. Pretty unbalanced with lots of cheese. Christian Bale man doing his Batman impression became unintentionally funny.

Good for it's time, better off playing Underrail now.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

It's ok. Pretty unbalanced with lots of cheese. Christian Bale man doing his Batman impression became unintentionally funny.

Adam jensen is best character debut in 7th gen. He is badass.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's a lot more enjoyable if you cover up the minimap on your screen, NEVER use the 3rd person sticky cover bs, only take a select few augs as most just = EZ mode, play on gmdx difficulty, disable all the on screen helpers....

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Good game. Not great, but I definitely enjoyed it a lot. My biggest issues were the diced up and linearized world and shit boss battles that favored certain builds. It doesn't lend itself well to the "immersive sim" design, because you basically have a lot of traversal that is corridor based with some token shortcuts or sneak-arounds to discover, and you get locked into rooms with homicidal maniacs that might either be easy or nigh impossible depending on your play style.

I guess they fixed the bosses in the deluxe edition or whatever it was called. Still, I'm a stealth junkie and it delivered a good time

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56237 Posts

10 years? Damn time flies when your having fun. Deus-Ex: Human Revolution, I find that game to be way more enjoyable than Mankind Divide and even I struggle on that game more so but Human Revolution is just a nicer game IMO. Own Human Revolution on PS3 and GoG. I never understood why I bought it on PS3 in the first place lol.

@xantufrog said:

Good game. Not great, but I definitely enjoyed it a lot. My biggest issues were the diced up and linearized world and shit boss battles that favored certain builds. It doesn't lend itself well to the "immersive sim" design, because you basically have a lot of traversal that is corridor based with some token shortcuts or sneak-arounds to discover, and you get locked into rooms with homicidal maniacs that might either be easy or nigh impossible depending on your play style.

I guess they fixed the bosses in the deluxe edition or whatever it was called. Still, I'm a stealth junkie and it delivered a good time

The Director's Cut also includes some changes to the bosses to allow different options to defeating them, including stealth and pacifist iirc. It also removes the yellow filter the original game, which some think make the game look better, but a few think it lost some of the style. I think the game looks a little more washed out without the filter. Directors Cut is a port of the Wii U version and the funny thing is, The Wii U version is still the best console version though, oddly enough.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39252 Posts

To me the game felt outdated when it came out.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:

Any game that bring creativity, immersion, deep and complex level design feel "outdated" lol. stick to last of us.

Deus Ex HR was rebirth of immersive sim. if it was not for HR. we may would not get few immersive sims we still get.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I bought it on PS3 when it came out and again on PC..... Annnnnnd I still haven't played it yet. I bought both Human Revolution and Mankind Divided on both consoles and PC and they've been on my "to play" list ever since. Backlogs have buried me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The menu is good.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

So I'm not the only one? Was beginning to think people actually thought Adam Jensen was cool.

Pretty good game though, but it couldn't hold my interest till the end.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The menu is good.

What im expecting STALKER 2 to be. like Human Revolution. Greatest comeback of generation. not as good as original, still one of the best game ever.

HR was far and away behind original but still one of the best game ever.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ghosts4ever
@bussinrounds said:
@uninspiredcup said:

It's a lot more enjoyable if you cover up the minimap on your screen, NEVER use the 3rd person sticky cover bs, only take a select few augs as most just = EZ mode, play on gmdx difficulty, disable all the on screen helpers....

Have you played Prey? its closest thing to System shock and Deus Ex today. Excellent game. intelligent immersive sim. and doesnot have any third person nonsense.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58401 Posts

Great game, great series (with the exception of the sequel).

Kind of hope they take another stab at it, but also happy if they never touch it again.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39252 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:

Any game that bring creativity, immersion, deep and complex level design feel "outdated" lol. stick to last of us.

Deus Ex HR was rebirth of immersive sim. if it was not for HR. we may would not get few immersive sims we still get.

Returnal>DeuxEx HR. What's your opinion about it.

AhReQueNoMori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16 AhReQueNoMori
Member since 2020 • 937 Posts

Mediocre at best, just like your taste in games.

"One of the best games ever made". Lol.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@ahrequenomori: Its immersive sim. Deep and complex. Sony movie gamers wouod find it mediocre.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts

I have to agree with Sniper/Ghost on this one ... i mean, not that is one of the best games ever nor that it saved the 7th gen ... ok, maybe i'm not that agree with him, but i really liked this game. It was a lot of fun to play, the setting was very interesting even if a bit under developed and yeah, Adam is badass.

Is no perfect by any means, the boss battles are so so, the color or lack of color gets tiresome, the last mission feels out of place, and you get punished for not being a walking tank, or not having certain weapons in a later mission when you have to save this character which is frustrating, but overall it's a really good game maybe not top 5 for me in the gen, but when it comes to play a great stealth game, Human Revolution is always a good choice.

Didn't get Manking Divided because i read it was mediocre at best ... but some people said the DLC kind of saves the plot .... so i don't know if i should give it a try, specially because it gets great disscounts on the store.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bussinrounds

@ghosts4ever said:
@bussinrounds said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Have you played Prey? its closest thing to System shock and Deus Ex today. Excellent game. intelligent immersive sim. and doesnot have any third person nonsense.

I haven't yet, but it's def on my radar.

Try playing og DX with this though. It's a really good mod.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/addons/version-rsd-beta-10-future-official-update

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ghosts4ever

@bussinrounds said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@bussinrounds said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I haven't yet, but it's def on my radar.

Try playing og DX with this though. It's a really good mod.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/addons/version-rsd-beta-10-future-official-update

I have beaten Deus Ex 1 many times. I now want its full fledge remake.

and yes try Prey. excellent game. its true System shock 2 spritual successor unlike bioshock.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@bussinrounds: How easy is it to disable hud elements like that?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

It's not one of the best games ever made, but I did really enjoy it. I liked the whole atmosphere of this game and the environments were cool. And how good was the main theme music!

Loading Video...

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bussinrounds

@R4gn4r0k said:

@bussinrounds: How easy is it to disable hud elements like that?

You can disable some of the helpers in the options, but I also had to cut out and tape a small piece of black cardboard to cover the minimap on the screen. (which shows the enemy positions)

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4237 Posts

Cheers to a great game!!

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Played this a while after it came out and had a pretty great time with it.