Handhelds =/= consoles sheep.

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
Sheep think that because the wii and the ds both have a gimmick ,success in one automatically translates to success in the other. Im here to set the record straight.

1. First off, the handheld market has two competitors, the console market had three. Thats is itslef is a big ifference

2. You think the DS is selling well because of its gimmick? look at the ds's best games. With the exception of Nintendogs, thy dotn even use the stylus to any great extent.

3. The DS has a better game lineup than the psp. that is what is pushing sales. You sheep act like the wii will win because they both have a new device. you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind  sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3. Basically, every genre is dominated by either the 360 or ps3. What action game will wii throw against assassins creed and ninja gaiden? What racer will it throw against Forza and GT? What shooter will it throw against halo? What will it throw against MGS?

4. the wii isnt even getting the high production multiplats :| say goodbye to games like oblivion, rainbow 6, assassins creed, mercs 2, army of two, shadowrun, etc.

5. You have to take into account the accessibility of handhelds. In a family of multiple children, EACH CHILD will likely have a handheld of their own. i speak from expereicne that all of the children in my family have handhelds of their own. whereas a console will serve the whole household.

6. GBA is the best selling gaming device ever? look how successful that made gamecube :roll:

in conclusion, i'd just like to say that now matter how sheep try to convince themselves, just because both they are similar in that they have a gimmick to them, handhelds=/=console. end of story.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#2 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this gen
GatoFeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GatoFeo
Member since 2004 • 1846 Posts
I don't get it??
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shadow_lord_11
and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genBuryMe
indeed.

nothing is a given from gen to gen and across markets.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shadow_lord_11
I don't get it??GatoFeo
try reading the post next time then.
tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
Sheep think that because the wii and the ds both have a gimmick ,success in one automatically translates to success in the other.shadow_lord_11
I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]Sheep think that because the wii and the ds both have a gimmick ,success in one automatically translates to success in the other.tarzanell

:lol:

i've had 3 people tell me that in one thread like 5 minutes ago.
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
Parallels can't be drawn?

Surely there are some attributes that can carry over into both markets.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shadow_lord_11
Parallels can't be drawn?

karicha9
Yes paraelles can be drawn. however, sheep make it seem as if one leads to automatic success in the other.  like, theres no point even having the 360 and ps3 because the ds is beating the psp.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genBuryMe
Bingo. To the TC: You lost with #2. It's fairly obvious that you've never played a DS to any extent.
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
[QUOTE="karicha9"]Parallels can't be drawn?

shadow_lord_11
Yes paraelles can be drawn. however, sheep make it seem as if one leads to automatic success in the other. like, theres no point even having the 360 and ps3 because the ds is beating the psp.

Well, that's extreme to say, but I don't think you're accurately painting the picture of sheep here.
MronoC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 MronoC
Member since 2005 • 4113 Posts
funny, because the results so far seem to be carrying over to the consoles.  Just face it, same basic philosophy on both fronts by each competitor, same results, more or less.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]Sheep think that because the wii and the ds both have a gimmick ,success in one automatically translates to success in the other.tarzanell

Trust me, I've heard it said numerous times. "Well, they said the same thing about DS having a gimmick and look how it worked out".

It's been said, and it'll be said again.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
Past =/= Present

/thread
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="BuryMe"]and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genHeedleGlavin
Bingo. To the TC: You lost with #2. It's fairly obvious that you've never played a DS to any extent.

i meant critically acclaimed as in Advance wars, mario kart and the like.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 shadow_lord_11
Past =/= Present

/thread
Blackbond
ok explain to me htf that has anything to do with my post thnx.
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
i agree with you, its not the power of the console nor the innovation thats sells it its the games.
but what you stated in 3 "you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind  sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3" this is nothing but pure opinions. i like the line up for all 3 systems but the wii's line up interests me more, see i can make opinions aswell :P
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shadow_lord_11
funny, because the results so far seem to be carrying over to the consoles. Just face it, same basic philosophy on both fronts by each competitor, same results, more or less.MronoC
Three months of results.
Arnalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arnalion
Member since 2006 • 3316 Posts
Brain Age is the top selling game and it's a stylus game.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shadow_lord_11
i agree with you, its not the power of the console nor the innovation thats sells it its the games.
but what you stated in 3 "you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3" this is nothing but pure opinions. i like the line up for all 3 systems but the wii's line up interests me more, see i can make opinions aswell :P Mitazaki
Maybe, but game for game, i dont think the wii matches up.

its more suited for party games and the occasional mario and metroid.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind  sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3. Basically, every genre is dominated by either the 360 or ps3.

*cough*opinions*cough*

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"]Past =/= Present

/thread
shadow_lord_11

Just because system A won one gen doesn't mean it will win the next.
Just because the most powerful system has never won a gen doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.
Just because a so called gimmick worked in the past for the DS doesn't mean it will work for the Wii.
Just because companies have had past success with a new idea doesn't mean it will be successful in the future.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shadow_lord_11
Brain Age is the top selling game and it's a stylus game.Arnalion
sales dont make it the best game.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HeedleGlavin
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genshadow_lord_11

But don't forget other critically acclaimed games that only use the stylus, such as Brain Age or Nintendogs.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]Past =/= Present

/thread
Blackbond

Just because the most powerful system has never won a gen doesn't mean it can't happen in the future.
Just because a so called gimmick worked in the past for the DS doesn't mean it will work for the Wii.
Just because companies have had past success with a new idea doesn't mean it will be successful in the future.

that still doesnt have anything to do with my thread but i agree.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genHeedleGlavin

But don't forget other critically acclaimed games that only use the stylus, such as Brain Age or Nintendogs.

i mentioned nintendogs as an exception but brain age isnt critically acclaimed.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Sheep think that because the wii and the ds both have a gimmick ,success in one automatically translates to success in the other. Im here to set the record straight.

1. First off, the handheld market has two competitors, the console market had three. Thats is itslef is a big ifference

2. You think the DS is selling well because of its gimmick? look at the ds's best games. With the exception of Nintendogs, thy dotn even use the stylus to any great extent.

3. The DS has a better game lineup than the psp. that is what is pushing sales. You sheep act like the wii will win because they both have a new device. you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind  sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3. Basically, every genre is dominated by either the 360 or ps3. What action game will wii throw against assassins creed and ninja gaiden? What racer will it throw against Forza and GT? What shooter will it throw against halo? What will it throw against MGS?

4. the wii isnt even getting the high production multiplats :| say goodbye to games like oblivion, rainbow 6, assassins creed, mercs 2, army of two, shadowrun, etc.

5. You have to take into account the accessibility of handhelds. In a family of multiple children, EACH CHILD will likely have a handheld of their own. i speak from expereicne that all of the children in my family have handhelds of their own. whereas a console will serve the whole household.

6. GBA is the best selling gaming device ever? look how successful that made gamecube :roll:

in conclusion, i'd just like to say that now matter how sheep try to convince themselves, just because both they are similar in that they have a gimmick to them, handhelds=/=console. end of story.
shadow_lord_11
Here's what we got in order: 1. This is the first time Nintendo has had real competition in the handheld market. The PSP was only kept floating by many many danboys running around buying them up... then selling them away. 2.The competition has never really been a problem for hand-held Nintendo, so why was the PSP blown away even though it was wayyyyyy better? The "gimmick". 3. Funny thing is, cows can't stop pointing oiut the percentage of DS games that are subpar or below the PSP games. So by grade, they aren't better... I guess it might be something about how they are different? 3a. MP3 will be against Assassins Creed 3b. Excite Truck is way more fun than any other racer right now, just wait for Burnout on Wii 3c. I'm not sure what shooters are coming out against Halo, and MGS is a unique game (anything going against it would be a rip off) 4. Last time I checked, Rayman was a a multiplat. abd it made it to the Wii just fine. Same for Call of Duty. 5. I don't know where you live, but my family wasn't ruch enough to go out and buy everyone the same thing in the house because kids weren't taught to share. But if parents are rich enough to buy two handhelds, why not two consoles? I mean the PSP was 250 at one point too you know. 6. All of N handhelds come out half-way through the consoles life. Basically, the use them to transition to the next console. NES-GB-SNES-GBC-N64-GBA-GC-DS-Wii-??? In conclusion, I would like to say that due to the commonallities of the DS and Wii and their seemingly twin-like success, it would be a rash decision to say that there is nothing similar in the markets.
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#28 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts
[QUOTE="Arnalion"]Brain Age is the top selling game and it's a stylus game.shadow_lord_11

critically acclaimed or not, it's still a game selling the system. so yes, the ds IS selling well because of its touch screen
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="Blackbond"]Past =/= Present

/thread
shadow_lord_11

that still doesnt have anything to do with my thread but i agree.

Okay maybe my point was a little off but what I was trying to say is just because Product A is successful doesn't mean Product B will follow in its footsteps.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HeedleGlavin
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genshadow_lord_11

It is among non-gamers - one of the target demographics of the DS.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genshadow_lord_11

Brain Training games /thread
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="HeedleGlavin"][QUOTE="BuryMe"]and cows need to remember that last gen's sales don't mean high sales this genshadow_lord_11

Massive sales
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

[QUOTE="Mitazaki"]i agree with you, its not the power of the console nor the innovation thats sells it its the games.
but what you stated in 3 "you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3" this is nothing but pure opinions. i like the line up for all 3 systems but the wii's line up interests me more, see i can make opinions aswell :P shadow_lord_11

no offence but thats got to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard, serious to say "its more suited for party games and the occasional mario and metroid" true there is alot of party games for the wii but there is also new ips and other games been made that have potential to be great game. Sadness, No More Heroes, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Forever Blue and yes even Dewy's Adventure(well some might not think much of this but i think theres a good chance it good be good)

all 3 consoles have great up coming games but it all depends on tastes and opinions.

AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AvinashTyagi
[QUOTE="Arnalion"]Brain Age is the top selling game and it's a stylus game.shadow_lord_11

sales win the war
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="coreygames"] 3a. MP3 will be against Assassins Creed 3b. Excite Truck is way more fun than any other racer right now, just wait for Burnout on Wii 3c. I'm not sure what shooters are coming out against Halo, and MGS is a unique game (anything going against it would be a rip off) 4. Last time I checked, Rayman was a a multiplat. abd it made it to the Wii just fine. Same for Call of Duty. 5. I don't know where you live, but my family wasn't ruch enough to go out and buy everyone the same thing in the house because kids weren't taught to share. But if parents are rich enough to buy two handhelds, why not two consoles? I mean the PSP was 250 at one point too you know. 6. All of N handhelds come out half-way through the consoles life. Basically, the use them to transition to the next console. NES-GB-SNES-GBC-N64-GBA-GC-DS-Wii-??? In conclusion, I would like to say that due to the commonallities of the DS and Wii and their seemingly twin-like success, it would be a rash decision to say that there is nothing similar in the markets.

3a. i fail to see how MP3 will compete with asassins creed they arent even the same genre
3b Excite truck may be more "fun" but a) thats an opinion anyway and b) no racing enthusiast would choose excite truck over stuff like forza

Rayman was a wii game first then ported was it not? either way, rayman isnt exactly would i would consider a big name multiplat. Certainly not anywhere near the scale of the games i listed.

Parents arent willing to buy two consoles for the simple reason that they can play multiple people at a time.

i never said the market werent similar, im just saying that the common assumption amoung sheep is largely incorrect.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shadow_lord_11

[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="Mitazaki"]i agree with you, its not the power of the console nor the innovation thats sells it its the games.
but what you stated in 3 "you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3" this is nothing but pure opinions. i like the line up for all 3 systems but the wii's line up interests me more, see i can make opinions aswell :P Mitazaki

no offence but thats got to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard, serious to say "its more suited for party games and the occasional mario and metroid" true there is alot of party games for the wii but there is also new ips and other games been made that have potential to be great game. Sadness, No More Heroes, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Forever Blue and yes even Dewy's Adventure(well some might not think much of this but i think theres a good chance it good be good)

all 3 consoles have great up coming games but it all depends on tastes and opinions.

exactly.

lets say a ones taste is that they prefer racing games? Would they pick excite truck over forza or GT?
lets say they like shooters: would they pick stuff like red steel over halo 3?
rpg: Final fantasy Crytal Chronicles over Mass effect, FF13, Blue dragon, White knight story?
Action/adventure: No more heroes over assassins creed?
even in platforming: mario galaxy over banjo theere? (i would give galaxy the edge but banjo isnt something to be taken lightly)

then games like forever blue and deweys adventure are more miscellationous (horrible spelling i know) I would say 360 and ps3 dont have many of those so i guess wii has an advantage in that area too.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 coreygames
3a. i fail to see how MP3 will compete with asassins creed they arent even the same genre
3b Excite truck may be more "fun" but a) thats an opinion anyway and b) no racing enthusiast would choose excite truck over stuff like forza

Rayman was a wii game first then ported was it not? either way, rayman isnt exactly would i would consider a big name multiplat. Certainly not anywhere near the scale of the games i listed.

Parents arent willing to buy two consoles for the simple reason that they can play multiple people at a time.

i never said the market werent similar, im just saying that the common assumption amoung sheep is largely incorrect.
shadow_lord_11
Then what kind of games are against Assassins creed? I though it was an adventure game... since I haven't played it. Any one saying any gamesis better than another is always an opinon. That is true for every game review and critical thought on a game. RAYMAN ISN'T A BIG NAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! And it is on all platforms right now (even coming to xbox360) I don't understand the thing about the two consoles response. When you title your topic: Handhelds =/= consoles sheep. We tend to think that there are no similarities between them.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]3a. i fail to see how MP3 will compete with asassins creed they arent even the same genre

coreygames
Then what kind of games are against Assassins creed? I though it was an adventure game... since I haven't played it. Any one saying any gamesis better than another is always an opinon. That is true for every game review and critical thought on a game. RAYMAN ISN'T A BIG NAME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! And it is on all platforms right now (even coming to xbox360) I don't understand the thing about the two consoles response. When you title your topic: Handhelds =/= consoles sheep. We tend to think that there are no similarities between them.

assassins creed is an action adventure, MP3 is a FPA with shooting. they play nothing alike. games like assassins creed, zelda, and god of war fall into the same cadegory, MP falls in more with the shooters as far as gameplay goes.

no, rayman isnt a big name. Hearing rayman doesnt exactly inspire thoughts of gaming greatness.

for the two consoles : a family wouldnt buy two of the the same console because of price, and because they can be used simultanouesly by multiple people. a handheld can only be used by one at a time, so each child can have thier own.

the title was just a attention grabber.
Krazy_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Krazy_duck
Member since 2006 • 2301 Posts

shouldnt you be telling Sony that?

cuz it seems they're were trying to release the PSP as a console competitor

at least, thats what the ports and load times were telling me

hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
and thats why the wii is still sold out everywhere? and dont even start to call the wii or ds a gimmick. Tell me, which sold more, DS or PSP?
Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts
Don't 5 million sales kind of.... you know, disagree with your entire post?
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]and thats why the wii is still sold out everywhere? and dont even start to call the wii or ds a gimmick. Tell me, which sold more, DS or PSP?

my thread isnt disputing wii sales.

and ds sold more.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 shadow_lord_11
Don't 5 million sales kind of.... you know, disagree with your entire post?Metroid_Time
nope.
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 coreygames
assassins creed is an action adventure, MP3 is a FPA with shooting. they play nothing alike. games like assassins creed, zelda, and god of war fall into the same cadegory, MP falls in more with the shooters as far as gameplay goes.

no, rayman isnt a big name. Hearing rayman doesnt exactly inspire thoughts of gaming greatness.

for the two consoles : a family wouldnt buy two of the the same console because of price, and because they can be used simultanouesly by multiple people. a handheld can only be used by one at a time, so each child can have thier own.

shadow_lord_11
Oh, I thought AC was going to be first person... wait, Zelda doesn't match up to it? Rayman may not inspire gaming greatness to you, but it is still a big name in the business. A lot of people can relate the name Rayman to videogames. Ok, I get what you are saying about the console/hand-held thing now. Ok You shouldn't have misleading titles, I got modded for that once.
-Jeremy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#45 -Jeremy-
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts

A Wii + A DS lite = Heaven

/thread

Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts
[QUOTE="Metroid_Time"]Don't 5 million sales kind of.... you know, disagree with your entire post?shadow_lord_11
nope.

But shouldn't it not be selling due to your points about "teh teh gimmick /cry!" and "no big production gaems!!!!oneoine!!!"
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

3. The DS has a better game lineup than the psp. that is what is pushing sales. You sheep act like the wii will win because they both have a new device. you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3. Basically, every genre is dominated by either the 360 or ps3. What action game will wii throw against assassins creed and ninja gaiden? What racer will it throw against Forza and GT? What shooter will it throw against halo? What will it throw against MGS?

shadow_lord_11

"The DS has a better game lineup than the psp. that is what is pushing sales." If the lineup of the Wii is such a crap compared to its competitors, going by your logic written above, how can you explain to me how the Wii is selling the way it is in comparison to the competiton and most importantly past Nintendo consoles? How can you disprove the obvious similarities both the DS and Wii are having both in sucess and general appeal, with the very unsupported facts you presented.

shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]assassins creed is an action adventure, MP3 is a FPA with shooting. they play nothing alike. games like assassins creed, zelda, and god of war fall into the same cadegory, MP falls in more with the shooters as far as gameplay goes.

coreygames
Oh, I thought AC was going to be first person... wait, Zelda doesn't match up to it? Rayman may not inspire gaming greatness to you, but it is still a big name in the business. A lot of people can relate the name Rayman to videogames. Ok, I get what you are saying about the console/hand-held thing now. Ok You shouldn't have misleading titles, I got modded for that once.

Zelda does theorectically match up to AC in terms of appeal and gameplay, but the problem with zelda is that by time Ac is releassed, zelda would have been a year old last gen title. and only god knows when the next zelda will be.

lol at your moderation.
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"]

3. The DS has a better game lineup than the psp. that is what is pushing sales. You sheep act like the wii will win because they both have a new device. you forget that the wii game lineup is complete trash at this point. and even in the future, only a blind sheep would say that the wii has a better game lineup than the 360 and ps3. Basically, every genre is dominated by either the 360 or ps3. What action game will wii throw against assassins creed and ninja gaiden? What racer will it throw against Forza and GT? What shooter will it throw against halo? What will it throw against MGS?

StealthSting

"The DS has a better game lineup than the psp. that is what is pushing sales." If the lineup of the Wii is such a crap compared to its competitors, going by your logic written above, how can you explain to me how the Wii is selling the way it is in comparison to the competiton and most importantly past Nintendo consoles? How can you disprove the obvious similarities both the DS and Wii are having both in sucess and general appeal, with the very unsupported facts you presented.

the wii is selling because its a new console at a low price point. Early adopters and die hard nintendo fanboys are spurring the large majority of sales.

shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shadow_lord_11
[QUOTE="shadow_lord_11"][QUOTE="Metroid_Time"]Don't 5 million sales kind of.... you know, disagree with your entire post?Metroid_Time
nope.

But shouldn't it not be selling due to your points about "teh teh gimmick /cry!" and "no big production gaems!!!!oneoine!!!"

as game consoles sell well at launch. thats typically the time of greatest sales spikes. plus its the cheapest. which has nothing to do with niether the games nor the gimmick.