Halo-Fans are getting screwed BADLY

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Nemacyst
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts

Wow, Bungie is releasing these stupid updates that practically reveal nothing about Halo 3. Just stuff about "grass" "water" and stupid things that no one wants to reads about.

Theres probably a problem with the Halo 3 beta, and Bungie is just delaying it. Afterall you did skim through the last update, they were saying how using the "X" button caused the game to crash.

Read my blog for more information, stuff in there = inapropriate here.

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts
*yawns*
abusedbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 abusedbunny
Member since 2007 • 1196 Posts
i dont think thats getting screwed BADLY
The_Nemacyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 The_Nemacyst
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
i dont think thats getting screwed BADLYabusedbunny
Yes they are.. Bungie tricked them. The rule of 3 program is stupid, it's just meant for you to buy crackdown. At first, Bungie said the Beta slots where "limited" and now you find out they arent.. Yet the first + second rule of 3 entering only let around 20 thousand people altogether in... It's just meant for people to buy crackdown, the Beta could probably hold over a million people. Seeing how there are countless Crackdown copies, and seeing how all of them could join the Halo 3 beta. Why let only 20k people join in the first 2 steps, while hundreds of thousands could join the last step? Damn bungie, Halo-Fans are certainly getting milked.
format_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 format_kid
Member since 2005 • 3527 Posts
Meh...I could honestly live without Halo, and this really doesn't sound bad at all.
killtactics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killtactics
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts

Wow, Bungie is releasing these stupid updates that practically reveal nothing about Halo 3. Just stuff about "grass" "water" and stupid things that no one wants to reads about.

Theres probably a problem with the Halo 3 beta, and Bungie is just delaying it. Afterall you did skim through the last update, they were saying how using the "X" button caused the game to crash.

The_Nemacyst
lol... u could't even make a point... what are u trying to even say? "OMG teh Bungie updates" dont read them.. u dont have too..
xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts
one of the developers hit shift+del on the halo 3 beta folder!!!! no more Halo3!! ^ ^U
MFFS_Fisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MFFS_Fisher
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
[QUOTE="abusedbunny"]i dont think thats getting screwed BADLYThe_Nemacyst
Yes they are.. Bungie tricked them. The rule of 3 program is stupid, it's just meant for you to buy crackdown. At first, Bungie said the Beta slots where "limited" and now you find out they arent.. Yet the first + second rule of 3 entering only let around 20 thousand people altogether in... It's just meant for people to buy crackdown, the Beta could probably hold over a million people. Seeing how there are countless Crackdown copies, and seeing how all of them could join the Halo 3 beta. Why let only 20k people join in the first 2 steps, while hundreds of thousands could join the last step? Damn bungie, Halo-Fans are certainly getting milked.

But... can't I still jusy buy Halo 3 for sixty bucks? Like any other game?

I mean, I don't really care about anything in the middle. When the time comes, sometime near Christmas, I'll just walk into a store and buy the damn thing. No big drama. No trumpets. No fan-fare. No weep widows. Just a man and a game, walking out of a store.

It seems pretty un-milked and un-screwed to me.
TyrantDragon55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 TyrantDragon55
Member since 2004 • 6851 Posts
I wouldn't say screwing so much as teasing, and yes it is getting kinda annoying.
spark_212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 spark_212
Member since 2005 • 1546 Posts

The_Nemacyst
The grass and water is all they can talk about without getting fired, and the game crashed because of the x button because the devs forgot to add the function in for that one playtest.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
i think they are keeping it under wraps right now
spark_212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 spark_212
Member since 2005 • 1546 Posts
[QUOTE="abusedbunny"]i dont think thats getting screwed BADLYThe_Nemacyst

Only the first shipped copies of crackdown get the beta, not the ones after the first shipment.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Oh my God!! You're so right! I'm selling my 360! So what should I get for PS3?
Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
QQ..really. How does Bungie owe you anything?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#15 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Bungie is known for being secretive about their games. For one, Frankie doesn't even have to write updates, but he still does because it makes the fans happy. If you have a problem with these stupid updates, then don't read them. I find Frankie's writing humorous and fun to read. I'm not sure if there are any other studios out there who do weekly updates, because I know I can't recall any. The Beta comes out in Spring. Spring doesn't start until March 21st. Today is March 12th. Spring ends on June 21st. Bungie could release it on June 20th for all they carem as long as its in Spring.
BillGreen68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BillGreen68
Member since 2004 • 12361 Posts
Bungie isn't running the public beta nor did they make up the rule of 3. You can thank MS for that.

Edit: Why the hell would Bungie care about who buys Crackdown anyways?
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
:lol: were getting screwed because they tell us about graphical updates every week? :lol:
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RoslindaleOne

The_Nemacyst
Seriously, no fanboyism... Don't talk dumb. Because you are. Bungie is keeping the fans informed what they are doing in the game. I think its great and most devs should do it.
TheOneMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 TheOneMan
Member since 2006 • 2952 Posts
Just a questions that was formed while reading your blog:

Are you some sort of Maddox wannabe?
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts
The beta in Crackdown was obviously there to push game sales for a medicore title.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Getting screwed by Bungie hurts oh so good.

Halo 3 FTW
TemplaerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 TemplaerDude
Member since 2003 • 15254 Posts
Since when is ANY developer supposed to give out updates at ALL? Halo fans are LUCKY.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoslindaleOne
The beta in Crackdown was obviously there to push game sales for a medicore title.InfamousC
You are part true. They are pushing the sales with the beta but the game is really good. Worth buying alone.