Halo or Killzone franchise

  • 89 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1956 posts) 5 months, 11 days ago

Poll: Halo or Killzone franchise (76 votes)

Halo 71%
Killzone 28%

Halo or Killzone - Which has better games and franchise?

#1 Posted by uninspiredcup (7500 posts) -

Halflife.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38634 posts) -

Halo. Especially after Shadow Fall.

#3 Posted by silversix_ (13871 posts) -

Halo is much better why is this even a question?

#4 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

Halo. Hands down, pants off. Sadly it will probably lose because Killzone has sexier graphics and there are twice the amount of cows on this site than anything else.

#5 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25521 posts) -

Halo, mainly for the original trilogy.

#6 Posted by kinectthedots (1566 posts) -

Neither. but I did enjoy KZ2 gameplay except I couldn't stand the horrible story line and acting.

I believe there is hope for both franchises but I wouldn't bindly hype either one.

#7 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Killzone appeals more to real gamers while Halo appeals more to 12 yo kids. Reviewers are not always reliable since they get bought or are simply noobs who find real games too difficult for their mediocre skills.

#8 Posted by happyduds77 (1422 posts) -

Probably Halo. But to be honest I have never understood the appeal of the series. I have played a couple of Halo games in the series. They seem pretty standard nothing spectacular.

#9 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

Definitely halo

#10 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3323 posts) -

I only played the first Killzone (which was good), but I can't see the series being better than Halo. I'd love to play Killzone HD, you know with an actual smooth frame rate.

#11 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (1956 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Killzone appeals more to real gamers while Halo appeals more to 12 yo kids. Reviewers are not always reliable since they get bought or are simply noobs who find real games too difficult for their mediocre skills.

Killzone is casual game meanwhile Halo is one of the most and biggest selling FPS game of all time. Killzone 3 sold 2.5 million, Halo 3 sold 14.5 million.

Its like you saying CS is casual game. You clearly never played Halo

#12 Edited by PtothaWHAT (411 posts) -

I like both, but at this point I dont see myself buying a Xbox One so it's killzone for me.

#13 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5625 posts) -

Halo is much better why is this even a question?

Yeah exactly. How can you even compare them?

#14 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

Halo by a mile. Killzone really only had one decent games which was Killzone 2. Halo had several . Halo 1 wasn't bad, but Halo 2, Halo 3 & Halo Reach were great. Gamers would probably take Resistance 1, 2 & 3 over Killzone.

#15 Posted by happyduds77 (1422 posts) -

@WadeFan:

LOL at you saying this isn't fanboy wars. If it isn't please tell me what it is?

All I see is fanboys arguing with each other.

#16 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -
#17 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Killzone appeals more to real gamers while Halo appeals more to 12 yo kids. Reviewers are not always reliable since they get bought or are simply noobs who find real games too difficult for their mediocre skills.

Killzone is casual game meanwhile Halo is one of the most and biggest selling FPS game of all time. Killzone 3 sold 2.5 million, Halo 3 sold 14.5 million.

Its like you saying CS is casual game. You clearly never played Halo

Casual games usually sell more. It's like Angry Birds selling more than Demon's Souls. But real gamers know where the actual challenge is. Halo is only good for owning noobs but you need an above average ability and intelligence to excel in Killzone. The fact that Halo is easily dominated by xboners is a testament to the mediocre level of skills and intelligence needed for that game.

#18 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29056 posts) -

Halo because of the first one. Halo 2 kind of sucked and I never played past there.

#19 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3323 posts) -
#20 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

I like Halo but the franchise is kinda getting stale, I loved 2 & 3, I liked Killzone 2, didn't play 3, but I'd rather something a little new. For me I'm excited about Destiny it seems like it can change things to the FPS genre and I trust Bungie.

#21 Posted by Kuromino (1260 posts) -

Haven't played any of the Killzone games yet, but I have play the majority of the Halo games. I wasn't going to cast a vote, but then remembered that there will likely be a bunch of people who haven't played Halo voting Killzone. Maybe it'll help balance things out; probably not. =P

#22 Edited by cainetao11 (16435 posts) -

prefer halo, like both.

#23 Posted by super600 (30084 posts) -

Halo by a country mile even though halo 4 was flawed.

#24 Posted by Ballroompirate (22162 posts) -

Nether

I prefer Metro

#25 Edited by cainetao11 (16435 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@juarbles said:

Killzone appeals more to real gamers while Halo appeals more to 12 yo kids. Reviewers are not always reliable since they get bought or are simply noobs who find real games too difficult for their mediocre skills.

Killzone is casual game meanwhile Halo is one of the most and biggest selling FPS game of all time. Killzone 3 sold 2.5 million, Halo 3 sold 14.5 million.

Its like you saying CS is casual game. You clearly never played Halo

Don't waste your time, dude. He's got this BS opinion that anything to do with Sony is REAL gaming, anything not isn't. Guy lives in fanboy fantasy land.

#26 Posted by PAL360 (26622 posts) -

Halo easily.

#27 Posted by super600 (30084 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@juarbles said:

Killzone appeals more to real gamers while Halo appeals more to 12 yo kids. Reviewers are not always reliable since they get bought or are simply noobs who find real games too difficult for their mediocre skills.

Killzone is casual game meanwhile Halo is one of the most and biggest selling FPS game of all time. Killzone 3 sold 2.5 million, Halo 3 sold 14.5 million.

Its like you saying CS is casual game. You clearly never played Halo

Casual games usually sell more. It's like Angry Birds selling more than Demon's Souls. But real gamers know where the actual challenge is. Halo is only good for owning noobs but you need an above average ability and intelligence to excel in Killzone. The fact that Halo is easily dominated by xboners is a testament to the mediocre level of skills and intelligence needed for that game.

Then why is no one playing Killzone Shadow falls especially in MP?People like the halo games especially Halo 1, 2, 3 because of their gameplay which is challenging and accessible at the same time. You actually have to work to get better at halo 1,2 and 3.

#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8827 posts) -

Where's the neither option?

They're both generic sci-fi shooters, with nothing special about either, that used to be good back in their hay day but now nothing more than a relic.

#29 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6022 posts) -
#30 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

Halo, no contest. Didn't get to play the original Killzone but KZ2 was awesome, KZ3 was just ok and Killzone SF is terrible.

#31 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles: tell me. What is a real gamer?

A real gamer doesn't support a console which is used with anti-gaming purposes. A real gamer is concerned about the past, present and future of gaming and not only one of those. Someone who calls himself a real gamer can't support the xbone because they are supporting the destruction of the future of gaming through it. I realize that many support the xbone out of pure ignorance so that's why real gamers like myself have a duty to spread the truth constantly in the hopes that we can clear the mind of the xboners with reason. If they ignore these warning they are chosing ignorance either because they are incapable of understanding reason (which is expected from a xboner considering they started supporting the xbone in the first place) or are willfully trying to turn gaming into the pathetic and mediocre path the xbone is leading it. In the first case they are non-gamers, in the second they are anti-gamers. So by the definition of the term xboners can't be real gamers.

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9634 posts) -

Same game Different themes. Honestly couldn't care which COD Clone Exclusive is better.

#33 Posted by TigerSuperman (1926 posts) -

" Which has better games and franchise?"

.....

Anyway,

@juarbles said:

Killzone appeals more to real gamers while Halo appeals more to 12 yo kids. Reviewers are not always reliable since they get bought or are simply noobs who find real games too difficult for their mediocre skills.

Killzone is casual game meanwhile Halo is one of the most and biggest selling FPS game of all time. Killzone 3 sold 2.5 million, Halo 3 sold 14.5 million.

Its like you saying CS is casual game. You clearly never played Halo

Proof? Also why are you comparing Halo to CS?

#34 Edited by Spitfire-Six (494 posts) -

To judge this which one would you rather watch as a movie? I found myself playing halo to find out what happens in the story.

#35 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6022 posts) -

@juarbles: so only Sony fanboys can be real gamers got it. So you being a real gamer how did the 1080i KZ debacle sit with you after Sony lied to you?

#36 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles: so only Sony fanboys can be real gamers got it. So you being a real gamer how did the 1080i KZ debacle sit with you after Sony lied to you?

No, not only Sony gamers are real gamers. But all xboners are not real gamers. I know that understanding basic explanations is a burden for the limited capacities of you xboners but don't say things I didn't say.

#37 Edited by _Matt_ (8827 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@juarbles: so only Sony fanboys can be real gamers got it. So you being a real gamer how did the 1080i KZ debacle sit with you after Sony lied to you?

No, not only Sony gamers are real gamers. But all xboners are not real gamers. I know that understanding basic explanations is a burden for the limited capacities of you xboners but don't say things I didn't say.

riiiiiiiiight, so anyone who has gamed on an Xbox One is not a real gamer?

I see.

Such flawless logic.

Moo.

#38 Posted by lundy86_4 (42798 posts) -

Halo.

#39 Posted by locopatho (20102 posts) -

The one that doesn't literally make me vomit. Damn motion sickness.

Also, the one I can play with my friends.

Halo obviously. I don't get why people dispute this, it;s liem, MS's only thing.

#40 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6022 posts) -

@juarbles: I'm gonna find a link to a good mental institution for you. You should be in there instead of in these boards.

#41 Posted by lamprey263 (22607 posts) -

I really liked the first Halo mainly because it was so much fun to play with friends for endless hours in co-op. That same appeal doesn't really hold for me, I like other series more like Gears of War more for co-op, especially for Horde mode. Halo was still fun, even up to ODST and Reach, but I didn't much care for Halo 4. I didn't like Killzone series at first but it grew on me, though I really don't like what I've seen of Killzone 4 so far. Seems like both series are in a decline.

#42 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@juarbles said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@juarbles: so only Sony fanboys can be real gamers got it. So you being a real gamer how did the 1080i KZ debacle sit with you after Sony lied to you?

No, not only Sony gamers are real gamers. But all xboners are not real gamers. I know that understanding basic explanations is a burden for the limited capacities of you xboners but don't say things I didn't say.

riiiiiiiiight, so anyone who has gamed on an Xbox One is not a real gamer?

I see.

Such flawless logic.

Moo.

Anyone who supports the xbone. A real gamer could go and play xbone to experience what mediocrity looks like but they could never support the xbone. That's basic logic. The official sources also confirm that real gamers sometimes play xbones to ridicule the xboner noobs (that's redundant but was used to clarify) on their own machines in an effort to make their lack of skills apparent and drive them away from the gaming industry.

#43 Posted by lundy86_4 (42798 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Anyone who supports the xbone. A real gamer could go and play xbone to experience what mediocrity looks like but they could never support the xbone. That's basic logic. The official sources also confirm that real gamers sometimes play xbones to ridicule the xboner noobs (that's redundant but was used to clarify) on their own machines in an effort to make their lack of skills apparent and drive them away from the gaming industry.

Shut up, seriously. You couldn't be more fake if you tried.

#44 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles: I'm gonna find a link to a good mental institution for you. You should be in there instead of in these boards.

Lol, xboners are so predictable when they can't face facts and truth.

#45 Posted by _Matt_ (8827 posts) -

@juarbles: I'm gonna find a link to a good mental institution for you. You should be in there instead of in these boards.

One and the same place I thought?

#46 Posted by _Matt_ (8827 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@_Matt_ said:

@juarbles said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@juarbles: so only Sony fanboys can be real gamers got it. So you being a real gamer how did the 1080i KZ debacle sit with you after Sony lied to you?

No, not only Sony gamers are real gamers. But all xboners are not real gamers. I know that understanding basic explanations is a burden for the limited capacities of you xboners but don't say things I didn't say.

riiiiiiiiight, so anyone who has gamed on an Xbox One is not a real gamer?

I see.

Such flawless logic.

Moo.

Anyone who supports the xbone. A real gamer could go and play xbone to experience what mediocrity looks like but they could never support the xbone. That's basic logic. The official sources also confirm that real gamers sometimes play xbones to ridicule the xboner noobs (that's redundant but was used to clarify) on their own machines in an effort to make their lack of skills apparent and drive them away from the gaming industry.

I see. Please tell me more.

#47 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Anyone who supports the xbone. A real gamer could go and play xbone to experience what mediocrity looks like but they could never support the xbone. That's basic logic. The official sources also confirm that real gamers sometimes play xbones to ridicule the xboner noobs (that's redundant but was used to clarify) on their own machines in an effort to make their lack of skills apparent and drive them away from the gaming industry.

Shut up, seriously. You couldn't be more fake if you tried.

xboners are always claiming that people are fake here. Lol another instance of they not being able to handle the truth.

#48 Posted by lundy86_4 (42798 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@juarbles said:

Anyone who supports the xbone. A real gamer could go and play xbone to experience what mediocrity looks like but they could never support the xbone. That's basic logic. The official sources also confirm that real gamers sometimes play xbones to ridicule the xboner noobs (that's redundant but was used to clarify) on their own machines in an effort to make their lack of skills apparent and drive them away from the gaming industry.

Shut up, seriously. You couldn't be more fake if you tried.

xboners are always claiming that people are fake here. Lol another instance of they not being able to handle the truth.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake... Fake. Fake. Fake.

However, please provide evidence that "xboners" claim that people are fake. We'll wait with baited breath.

#49 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@juarbles said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@juarbles said:

Anyone who supports the xbone. A real gamer could go and play xbone to experience what mediocrity looks like but they could never support the xbone. That's basic logic. The official sources also confirm that real gamers sometimes play xbones to ridicule the xboner noobs (that's redundant but was used to clarify) on their own machines in an effort to make their lack of skills apparent and drive them away from the gaming industry.

Shut up, seriously. You couldn't be more fake if you tried.

xboners are always claiming that people are fake here. Lol another instance of they not being able to handle the truth.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake... Fake. Fake. Fake.

However, please provide evidence that "xboners" claim that people are fake. We'll wait with baited breath.

Most of the time explaining things to xboners is a waste of time. Time is better used ridiculing them to unmask their mediocrity and lack of intelligence.

#50 Posted by lundy86_4 (42798 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Most of the time explaining things to xboners is a waste of time. Time is better used ridiculing them to unmask their mediocrity and lack of intelligence.

So, you won't prove your claim. I knew it was ridiculous, but I hope you have proven it to yourself.

You criticize people's supposed "lack of intelligence" and yet fail to provide basic evidence for your point... You'd think any noteworthy intelligence, would know to prove their claims. Good job.