Halo Not The Only Original Show Coming To Add Value To Live

• 60 results
#1 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

Live is mainly for multi-player gaming with dedicated servers but it looks like MSoft will be adding to the service by offering original content for your TV as well.

Six Shows Coming To Live

"Microsoft is getting into the content business in a much larger way than anyone originally understood, with six new shows on the way to the Xbox One.

The Xbox One console reveal came with a few interesting announcements regarding the content that would eventually be available on the console. Alongside the HDMI passthrough functionality and the Xbox One Guide tool, there would be exclusive content for Live subscribers to make the cable box a part of the Xbox experience. The most notable content that was announced at the time was a Halo series, which has expanded a bit since then. We now know that, on top of this, Microsoft intends to have a variety of unique televisions shows starring the likes of Seth Green and some humans in robot form.

Nancy Tellem, Microsoft’s President of Entertainment and Digital Media, has been essential in the plans to make the Xbox One more than just a device for streaming content. By offering original content, much in the same way Amazon has, Microsoft puts themselves in a position where they own the content, the hardware, the network, and all of the relevant apps for other content providers. All they need now is to make sure the shows they create are actually worth watching.

According to Bloomberg, the current lineup includes a comedy show with Sarah Silverman, a show called “Fearless” starring Paul de Gelder, a stop-motion show from the creators of Robot Chicken, a street football reality show called Every Street United to play alongside the World Cup, a robot thriller called Human and something with Michael Cera’s JASH comedy collective. What will make these shows stand out in the crowd, according to Tellem, will be a combination of real time interaction and external character participation, no doubt powered by Xbox SmartGlass."

#2 Posted by Shewgenja (8453 posts) -

LOL! Adding value to Live. That's a good one! You should do stand-up.

#3 Posted by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

Has MS moved to upwards of 65% TV this gen? :o

#4 Edited by Desmonic (13395 posts) -

lolTV

#5 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4062 posts) -

#6 Posted by wolverine4262 (19032 posts) -

Yeah, this is why people buy Xboxes. To watch TV....

#7 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3844 posts) -

what!!!!!!!!!! breaking news!! hold the press!! my godd!!!! because 2 halo games this year wont be enough now there is even a tv show. spell binding stuff

#8 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4062 posts) -

Imagine these shows and Lift London's episodic mobile game introduced at E3. Imagine.

#9 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3844 posts) -

how about a gears of war tv show?? get on that sh1t m$, gears has such a compelling story

#10 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

Lots of angry Cows and Sony Fan in this thread................

Its ok Cows PSN is still not on par with LIVE. LIVE continues to add new things and I am sure Sony will be there with their Me Too approach to this as usual.

Can't wait for more value from a service that is already the best in its industry.

#11 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3467 posts) -

Complaining about getting more content for your money?

#12 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

Seriously, it's ok though Lems will continue to have the best online experience on a console while Nintendo and Sony are laggards in the industry.

#13 Edited by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Seriously, it's ok though Lems will continue to have the best online experience on a console while Nintendo and Sony are laggards in the industry.

lol, so original TV shows beating out huge networks such as AMC, Showtime and HBO will be better.
Please give me a break that shit will be watchable via youtube or netflix one day and available through
the normal distribution channels. Shit will be on PS4 and every other movie/tv app in a year.

Also PSN not laggin behind so much anymore.

Anywho that 60K more PS4s must hurt for lems to be bragging about TV being better on their GAMING system.

#14 Edited by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -
#15 Edited by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

lol, so original TV shows beating out huge networks such as AMC, Showtime and HBO will be better.

Please give me a break that shit will be watchable via youtube or netflix one day and available through

the normal distribution channels. Shit will be on PS4 and every other movie/tv app in a year.

Anywho that 60K more PS4s must hurt for lems to be bragging about TV being better on their GAMING system.

#16 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Its ok Cows PSN is still not on par with LIVE. LIVE continues to add new things and I am sure Sony will be there with their Me Too approach to this as usual.

Can't wait for more value from a service that is already the best in its industry.

Please, SCE has been producing original content for PSN since 2010 (The Tester).

and, http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/sony-pictures-to-produce-playstation-exclusive-content

The difference is PSN+ already offers people tons of value. XBL's paywall is a joke for the most part.

Even Amazon knows it.

#17 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

Major Thread Backfire.

Animal Mother just went in dry too.

#18 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15968 posts) -

TV TV TV.

Definitely not a selling point for me, I'm really just looking for games on a gaming console.

#19 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

AMC was nothing before Mad Men, Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad.

You have to start somewhere.

#20 Posted by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Great. My point still stands. This stuff will be available readily available within time and *cough* cough* Forward Unto Dawn *cough* cough*

Also again lol about bragging about TV on a gaming console. Did you purchase one to primarily play games or primarily watch TV?

#21 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

Great. My point still stands. This stuff will be available readily available within time and *cough* cough* Forward Unto Dawn *cough* cough*

Also again lol about bragging about TV on a gaming console. Did you purchase one to primarily play games or primarily watch TV?

No you are changing your point now.

And I said at the beginning LIVE is mostly to play multi-player games and this just adds value.

Also it is funny to see Cows forget about this from last gen as if consoles are now only about gaming. Notice how far down the list gaming is.

#22 Edited by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

And I said at the beginning LIVE is mostly to play multi-player games and this just adds value.

Also it is funny to see Cows forget about this from last gen as if consoles are now only about gaming. Notice how far down the list gaming is.

No, I didn't change my point you're just skirting around it. Also i'm not a cow. I don't give a shit what you think or what you prod about trying to rustle my jimmies.
It's funny you're claiming TV shows will add value when those TV shows will be available at a later point in time via other systems.

And again. Did you pay $500+ dollars to get a system that adds value through TV or value through gaming. Because there are
Plenty of other ways people can enjoy other types of entertainment on the other systems and original content means diddly squat
or much value if it's available through other platforms.

Also if you wanna claim how TV shows are adding value I can play this shitty game too.
http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/sony-playstation-plays-original-programming-game-with-powers-series-1201139784/

Did you not forget sony is having original programming coming.That they have the The Tester and Powers coming out?

Please try a bit harder next time. TV adds nothing of value to the benefit of a consumer purchasing a console.
People don't run out and say to each other "Man You have to buy the Xbox One! It has Two ORIGINAL TV SHOWS MAN!"

#23 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

No, I didn't change my point you're just skirting around it. Also i'm not a cow. I don't give a shit what you think or what you prod about trying to rustle my jimmies.

It's funny you're claiming TV shows will add value when those TV shows will be available at a later point in time via other systems.

And again. Did you pay $500+ dollars to get a system that adds value through TV or value through gaming. Because there are

Plenty of other ways people can enjoy other types of entertainment on the other systems and original content means diddly squat

Also if you wanna claim how TV shows are adding value I can play this shitty game too.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/sony-playstation-plays-original-programming-game-with-powers-series-1201139784/

Did you not forget sony is having original programming coming.That they have the The Tester and Powers coming out?

Please try a bit harder next time. TV adds nothing of value to the benefit of a consumer purchasing a console.

People don't run out and say to each other "Man You have to buy the Xbox One! It has Two ORIGINAL TV SHOWS MAN!"

Ha, taking out my pick showing the hypocricy of said Cows. Jimmies Rustled..................

TV does not, original content however adds a lot. Just ask shows like House Of Cards.

People don't yet say that and might or might not, can I get your crystal ball please? You are not dealing in reality and logic but guessing at outcomes.

#24 Edited by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Ha, taking out my pick showing the hypocricy of said Cows. Jimmies Rustled..................

TV does not, original content however adds a lot. Just ask shows like House Of Cards.

People don't yet say that and might or might not, can I get your crystal ball please? You are not dealing in reality and logic but guessing at outcomes.

I took it out because I hate quoting pictures. I would want no man, cow, lem or sheep to have to scroll through quote after quote with pictures.

Also Tell me the one time you've seen people run out to buy a video game console because of TV shows.

I'm sorry but in the realm of logic my friend you have been proven wrong.

I have a question. Did you buy an Xbox one primarily because of the games aspect or the TV aspect?

People who have bought anything are free to chime in as well.

Did you guys buy your consoles because original programming or because of the video games?

#25 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

I took it out because I hate quoting pictures. I would want no man, cow, lem or sheep to have to scroll through quote after quote with pictures.

Also Tell me the one time you've seen people run out to buy a video game console because of TV shows.

I have a question. Did you buy an Xbox one primarily because of the games aspect or the TV aspect?

Did you guys buy your consoles because original programming or because of the video games?

Pretty simple to delete strings man without the picture which points out the typical short memory people have here.

You are creating an argument where there is none.

Can you point out anywhere in this thread where I said people are rushing out to buy a console for what you are talking about?

I said from the beginning that it "adds value".

It's ok Animal you are emotionally compromised over this I see.

You should make a thread for your argument.

#26 Posted by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Pretty simple to delete strings man without the picture which points out the typical short memory people have here.

Can you point out anywhere in this thread where I said people are rushing out to buy a console for what you are talking about?

I proved you wrong. More than once in this thread.

PSN original Shows by your logic it adds equal amounts of value to XBL and PSN than (considering the shows don't suck)
You never answered my question. Instead of answering and coming to terms with your dissonance of me being right you continually skirt around the issue and go "lol emotionally compromised"

Still upset about those 60,000 consoles outselling the one with titanfail. It's ok buddy.
Did you buy your Xbox one for Original TV shows and Value or did you buy it for gaming?

Because i didn't buy my PS4 or PC or 360 for netflix streaming, original TV shows or what not. I bought them for the games.

#27 Edited by magicalclick (22438 posts) -

I hope they have something like Chozen or main character like him. He is cute. Anyway, more shows = awesome.

#28 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

PSN original Shows by your logic it adds equal amounts of value to XBL and PSN than (considering the shows don't suck)

You never answered my question. Instead of answering and coming to terms with your dissonance of me being right you continually skirt around the issue and go "lol emotionally compromised"

Still upset about those 60,000 consoles outselling the one with titanfail. It's ok buddy.

Did you buy your Xbox one for Original TV shows and Value or did you buy it for gaming?

Because i didn't buy my PS4 or PC or 360 for netflix streaming, original TV shows or what not. I bought them for the games.

Just stay on topic next time instead of wanting to change it.

NPD, more off topic. Focus, focus.................

#29 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

I hope they have something like Chozen or main character like him. He is cute. Anyway, more shows = awesome.

Not a fan of Chozen but love Archer which is a bit different subject matter.

With Seth Green at the helm of a show we might get something pretty good. Robot Chicken has definitely made a name for itself.

#30 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4062 posts) -

#31 Edited by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Ahh but you can't even stay on topic in your own thread. I wasn't the one to change it but to question it.

You can't answer the questions presented and bring up pointless things to the discussion and skirt more around the issue.

I discuss value you and what value you buy your console for and you bring in a lousy picture.

I show you sony has original TV shows in the pipe you go "emotionally compromised"

Wanna play hardball man up and answer some questions you're provided with.

Instead of hiding

Also you derailed your own thread before it even began with this number

I bring in logic and understanding and you bring in stupid childish "Emotionally compromised"

#32 Edited by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

0/10

Gaming was still top priority on the ps3 (And still is)

Step up your game kuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

#33 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13405 posts) -
#34 Edited by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Ahh but you can't even stay on topic in your own thread. I wasn't the one to change it but to question it.

You can't answer the questions presented and bring up pointless things to the discussion and skirt more around the issue.

I discuss value you and what value you buy your console for and you bring in a lousy picture.

I show you sony has original TV shows in the pipe you go "emotionally compromised"

Instead of hiding

No, you wanted to say that no one cares about original content, I disagree.

You say that no one buys gaming consoles strictly for these shows, off topic and not even mentioned.

You bring up big networks and include a new comer such as AMC, which was a nobody 12 years ago and plays to MSoft doing this.

You can't debate how much value something adds because it is a person by person thought.

Sony does have shows in the pipe which is funny because your Bovine brotheren in this thread are bashing shows even though they are doing it too.

Does original content add value to LIVE, yes or no? It is simple really.

#35 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4062 posts) -

#36 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG said:

0/10

Gaming was still top priority on the ps3 (And still is)

Step up your game kuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

And yet in Sony's own PR graphic it is way down the list.

To think that the PauperStation4 and The One are just for gaming is beyond dumb. Main focus, yep, just for gaming LOL.

#37 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Has MS moved to upwards of 65% TV this gen? :o

And Sony has about 60% TV this gen. lol!!

#38 Posted by Suppaman100 (3767 posts) -
#39 Posted by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Instead of hiding

You say that no one buys gaming consoles strictly for these shows, off topic and not even mentioned.

You bring up big networks and include a new comer such as AMC, which was a nobody 12 years ago and plays to MSoft doing this.

You can't debate how much value something adds because it is a person by person thought.

Sony does have shows in the pipe which is funny because your Bovine brotheren in this thread are bashing shows even though they are doing it too.

A) I never said no one cares about original content. I said who gives a shit because it ends up on so many other distribution services.

B) People Don't buy Gaming consoles for TV shows.

C) MS isn't a TV network. Show competing with original program networks such as AMC which exists in it's form today not 12 years ago. It's the toughest market out there right now as we're in the golden age of TV. Pandering to gamers Is nice but doesn't do all too much. Forward unto dawn was good but also lacked originality due to it being halo.

D) No, You can compare value because you just did. PSN is on pretty par terms. It was shite for a long time. But IMO is better than live in this current generation. Also "Its ok Cows PSN is still not on par with LIVE. LIVE continues to add new things and I am sure Sony will be there with their Me Too approach to this as usual." It wasn't the me too approach. The tester came out FOUR years ago. This was its run, loooooooooooooooooooooong before any original Microsoft TV, February 18, 2010 – April 3, 2012

E) You're an idiot if you think i'm a cow. I'm sorry but the facts are there. Titan fall was the second coming of christ here, you call it titangreatness (it is but in the end it wasn't a system seller to the enth degree people though it was going to be) and yada yada. NPD numbers made some people look like fools. Including yourself.

F) You never answered my question. So no I won't answer yours.

#40 Posted by jg4xchamp (47306 posts) -

....um...might be how you worded it, but on the off chance that hell froze over, pigs flew, and (showtime fucking sucks, and AMC has had 2 shows worth a damn) the space spaghetti monster got proven to be a real thing and Microsoft TV shows were legit superior to what HBO and FX were offering, or up to snuff with a Hannibal. Yeah actually that wouldn't exactly be a poor purchase.

#41 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

A) I never said no one cares about original content. I said who gives a shit because it ends up on so many other distribution services.

C) MS isn't a TV network. Show competing with original program networks such as AMC which exists in it's form today not 12 years ago. It's the toughest market out there right now as we're in the golden age of TV. Pandering to gamers Is nice but doesn't do all too much. Forward unto dawn was good but also lacked originality due to it being halo.

D) No, You can compare value because you just did. PSN is on pretty par terms. It was shite for a long time. But IMO is better than live in this current generation. Also "Its ok Cows PSN is still not on par with LIVE. LIVE continues to add new things and I am sure Sony will be there with their Me Too approach to this as usual." It wasn't the me too approach. The tester came out FOUR years ago. This was its run, loooooooooooooooooooooong before any original Microsoft TV, February 18, 2010 – April 3, 2012

E) You're an idiot if you think i'm a cow. I'm sorry but the facts are there. Titan fall was the second coming of christ here, you call it titangreatness (it is but in the end it wasn't a system seller to the enth degree people though it was going to be) and yada yada. NPD numbers made some people look like fools. Including yourself.

A) Semantics

B) Who argued this?

C) Here is a secret, neither is Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu..............shhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone though that things are a changin.

D) Is "pretty on par" the same as almost pregnant? You are a Cow of course you think PSN is better.

E) Focus, focus...........

F) You should leave then.......

#42 Posted by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

....um...might be how you worded it, but on the off chance that hell froze over, pigs flew, and (showtime fucking sucks, and AMC has had 2 shows worth a damn) the space spaghetti monster got proven to be a real thing and Microsoft TV shows were legit superior to what HBO and FX were offering, or up to snuff with a Hannibal. Yeah actually that wouldn't exactly be a poor purchase.

Showtime does suck.

and yeah spaghetti monster is a real religion now isn't it?

#43 Edited by Animal-Mother (26537 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

A) Semantics

B) Who argued this?

C) Here is a secret, neither is Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu..............shhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone though that things are a changin.

D) Is "pretty on par" the same as almost pregnant? You are a Cow of course you think PSN is better.

E) Focus, focus...........

F) You should leave then.......

E) don't tell me to focus cause you're butthurt over titanfail.

F) I'm in America I don't have to do a damn thing.

#44 Posted by FastRobby (1246 posts) -

These topics shouldn't be opened in System Wars, all the cows are sad that they don't have exclusive TV shows, and if they don't want it, why even respond here... THis is just great for Xbox One owners, good to see that Microsoft doesn't forget the all-in-one part of the Xbox One. Why can't it have games AND TV, why choose one of the two. At the moment the games are as good as the ones from PS4, so this extra value is just great.

#45 Edited by jg4xchamp (47306 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Showtime does suck.

and yeah spaghetti monster is a real religion now isn't it?

No no no no no I mean like real real, not I believe in it real. Like tangible real.

But yeah if the wording you are going for is MS doing original tv? lol. I agree 100%, they have to be at this point totally outclassed, even if they were getting great partners. But they got CBS, so that part went out the window. Because on the offchance the XBox One had an exclusive lineup of stuff that was better than what HBO and all them were offering. Sure you can make the argument that Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and all that jazz can cut into it(nevermind piracy), but yes there would be a market out their for excellent TV. And it would in fact be a great value assuming it didn't cost you anything more than the 60 bucks for live.

But reality is: no way that Halo show does not suck on a CBS style budget, much less Microsoft's other shit.

#46 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

These topics shouldn't be opened in System Wars, all the cows are sad that they don't have exclusive TV shows, and if they don't want it, why even respond here... THis is just great for Xbox One owners, good to see that Microsoft doesn't forget the all-in-one part of the Xbox One. Why can't it have games AND TV, why choose one of the two. At the moment the games are as good as the ones from PS4, so this extra value is just great.

Exactly, why can't you have both? The One getting exclusive great games and original shows as well.

Damn bastards trying to delve into other demographics and audiences with new content. They should be flogged..............

#47 Posted by Roler42 (590 posts) -

I'm not really surprsied they are doing this, they never intended the xbone to be a gaming machine in the first place, gaming it's the least of it's priorities, tv always comes first

#48 Posted by Vatusus (4425 posts) -

lol the Xbone has no games so it must rely on TV shows

#49 Posted by kuu2 (6962 posts) -

@roler42 said:

I'm not really surprsied they are doing this, they never intended the xbone to be a gaming machine in the first place, gaming it's the least of it's priorities, tv always comes first

Facepalm..........

This is rich.

#50 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

Considering my Xbox and PS3 are only used for media entertainment now (besides my lady loving Minecraft on my 360), I welcome seeing original (although they better be quality) television come to the Xbox (or Playstation). I especially look forward to the Halo series.