Halo: MCC gets post release Beta Program.

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

"We're finally in beta! Only 2 1/2 months after launch!"

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/c...-beta-test-faq

Pretty sure this has passed Drivebomb's level of fail now.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

lol this is pathetic. still not as bad as 5club though. at least halo is a good series at its core. even working 5club is garbage

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

To test CONTENT before it is released.

Sounds like a damn brilliant idea.

Stop. Please I can't take Microsoft giving me this much love anymore!!!!

Mr. Xpedia apply a lot of this on your bum.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@mems_1224 said:

lol this is pathetic. still not as bad as 5club though. at least halo is a good series at its core. even working 5club is garbage

How it isn't worse have you see any fu**ing game get a beta 2 months after been release.?

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa my god you lemming are sad..hahaha

5club sucks but so does the Master flop collection..

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224

@tormentos said:
@mems_1224 said:

How it isn't worse have you see any fu**ing game get a beta 2 months after been release.?

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa my god you lemming are sad..hahaha

5club sucks but so does the Master flop collection..

mooooooooo

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

Ms innovating as always, whivh other company releases games then beta tests them? Thats right, none. Cows continue to be clowns of sw

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

ROLF, so pathethic...is like they are going in reverse mode, launch now, beta test later, no doubt the biggest fail since probably Lair on the PS3, this is fail beyond anything i remember, personally i think this is far worst than 5Club now, since at least that is a new IP made by a bunch of unknow developers, but Halo is MS flagship, man so pathethic and sad.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It isn't "new content", it is just a patch. They are referring to a patch as a "Content Update." Work on your reading comprehension, lemming.

Q: What is included in the content update you are testing in Xbox One Preview program?

A: This content update includes changes to the Halo: The Master Chief Collection matchmaking experience and party system. We will have more details to share as we get closer to the official release.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FoxbatAlpha

@mikhail said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

It isn't "new content", it is just a patch. They are referring to a patch as a "Content Update." Work on your reading comprehension, lemming.

Q: What is included in the content update you are testing in Xbox One Preview program?

A: This content update includes changes to the Halo: The Master Chief Collection matchmaking experience and party system. We will have more details to share as we get closer to the official release.

Yep, that's what I read. That is also why I said it was a brilliant idea to test the content to see if it works ahead of time.

I never said anything about "new content".

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Well, SW needs at least one lem to defend everything Microsoft does. I guess that's you.

This is so pathetic. They are having people beta test updates to make sure they don't make things worse. What a shit developer.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

LOL what a POS. To think that some people actually baught an xbone for this fail colletion.

MS proves once again that they are the worst gaming company.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

Beta tested....in the future

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FoxbatAlpha

@mikhail said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Well, SW needs at least one lem to defend everything Microsoft does. I guess that's you.

This is so pathetic. They are having people beta test updates to make sure they don't make things worse. What a shit developer.

They have had the beta program on Xbox ONE for a while now. They get all the updates before they are released about a month before they land in Joe Gamers hand.

How many updates has Sony rolled out that have bricked consoles? Dumb Idea. So yeah, looks like I defend good ideas.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: HAHAHAHA it all makes sense now.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lol because they know that it will break it further. I don't doubt their logic, they're just clearly aware of their incompetence to perform with confidence even with the patching of it!

Also I reached my hand in to get some but found an IOU from you explaining you had used it all since the sting of Drivebomb now working for months and your precious jewel of an anthology still a broken mess.

:)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

DICE did the same thing with Battlefield 4 and they fixed the game. Publishers push for way too early of release dates and that drastically cuts into QA time.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FoxbatAlpha

@misterpmedia said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lol because they know that it will break it further. I don't doubt their logic, they're just clearly aware of their incompetence to perform with confidence even with the patching of it!

Also I reached my hand in to get some but found an IOU from you explaining you had used it all since the sting of Drivebomb now working for months and your precious jewel of an anthology still a broken mess.

:)

If the butt cream is empty I am sorry. It has other uses you know.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

you're full of caca and clearly have not played 5club as it is today

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224

@SolidGame_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

you're full of caca and clearly have not played 5club as it is today

why would i play a bad racing game when i have forza horizon 2?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Lol, gtfo!

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Awesome, game has been working fine for me overall for a long time now, and now they are aiming to make it even better with a much larger overhaul. I'm thinking they might implement something from Halo 5 in there, because the matchmaking there worked great.

I hope they learned their lesson well here, that releasing a glitchy game and then dealing with it comes with a heavy price. I certainly do not condone releasing glitchy games, but this is not the history of 343, it is a one-off as far as I'm concerned, and it's not even a new game they built from the ground up.

Of course they are still responsible for a product they put out at the end of the day, but I had no issues playing online when Halo 4 launched, nor did I with the Halo 5 beta. At this point I'm just glad they are so commited to bringing this collection of masterpieces up to the standards they deserve. Years from now this golden collection will still be played, and the fact that it had a turbulent launch will just be a footnote. Of course they could mess all of this up with the Halo 5 launch, everything is possible, but with what I have seen so far they seem to be on the right track. Beta testing a massive content update like this, considering the context, is a smart move.

Flame shields engage !! Just my 2 cents anyways, I know it must be a hard day for Microsoft haters today, MS news plastered everywhere, tomorrow things should be back to normal though :) Enjoy the games you like everybody :)

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Not the first game to beta test patches.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol no because drive bomb still hasn't delivered on anything it promised MCC atleast works right now atleast for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

@Wasdie said:

DICE did the same thing with Battlefield 4 and they fixed the game. Publishers push for way too early of release dates and that drastically cuts into QA time.

Stop making sense. You should be all like "moooo" and ass kissing your favorite piece of plastic and stuff like other morons here.

We wont tolerate intelligence and sensible thinking on this board.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wasdie  Moderator

@beastmodeboy said:

@Wasdie said:

Stop making sense. You should be all like "moooo" and ass kissing your favorite piece of plastic and stuff like other morons here.

Well it's unfortunate it had to come to this. I'm happy 343 is taking the necessary steps to fix it, but it shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
deactivated-57de35bf0f08e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-57de35bf0f08e
Member since 2014 • 386 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@beastmodeboy said:

@Wasdie said:

Well it's unfortunate it had to come to this. I'm happy 343 is taking the necessary steps to fix it, but it shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

Agreed but that seems to be what this gen is all about (at least up to this point) along with re-releases. Rush out a product because there's a lack of quality content, so gamers grumble, and we'll just fix it later.

I really hope this awful trend doesn't continue, but I don't see any signs that it will not.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By zassimick
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

If it fixes stuff and makes the game all nice and shiny for when I finally get it and an Xbox One, no skin off my bones.

I mean, I guess they could just pump it out if they aren't sure it will fix things... and then if it messes stuff up then people are even angrier. Seems silly to me. Definitely not excusing the crap that was pulled, just saying I'd rather they fix it than let it be.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

343 slogan - Because we have no fuking idea what we are doing

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wasdie  Moderator

@beastmodeboy said:

@Wasdie said:

@beastmodeboy said:

@Wasdie said:

Agreed but that seems to be what this gen is all about (at least up to this point) along with re-releases. Rush out a product because there's a lack of quality content, so gamers grumble, and we'll just fix it later.

I really hope this awful trend doesn't continue, but I don't see any signs that it will not.

I truly believe it's really because it's the beginning of the gen. Publishers and devs have not taken into account how much more robust current gen titles are from last gen and are applying a lot of the same principles as last gen titles to the current gen. Thus their budgets do not properly reflect the amount of time it will take to properly finish one of these games.

Game engine tech is also still advancing and we're at a crossroads right now. New engines like the Unreal 4 just hit and every major publisher seems to have an internal engine that was geared for this gen. However last-gen consoles cannot use these engines and thus for the first year or two the games have to spread across multiple generations thus forcing devs to just utilize existing tech which is going to be a bit more labor intensive than the newest stuff.

Take Assassin's Creed Unity for example. This was clearly rushed to market and Ubisoft was still applying it's 2 year dev cycle to the game. Ubisoft does have a next-gen engine with the Snowflake engine from Massive (used the power The Division) but that's not ready yet so the devs were forced to upgrade the hell out of an existing engine. While this is very common (highly doubtful the Snowflake engine is completely new either), it still takes awhile to properly upgrade. When Ubi wanted that game in 2 years the dev was forced to make some major modifications to the engine, port it to the PS4/Xbox One, and then build a game out of it all at the same time. As we saw that just didn't work.

Battlefield 4 was the same thing. EA gave DICE 2 years to upgrade the Frostbite 2 to the Frostbite 3 engine (as well as expand it across multiple genres for use in multiple games), port to the PS4 and Xbox One, and then build the game on the PS3, 360, PS4, Xbox One, and PC all at the same time within two years. Predictably that fell on its ass. EA was also forcing Hardline through the pipeline only to release the info and beta about the game in the middle of Battlefield 4 shitting the bed. The feedback was completely negative and EA decided to just drop the game from a 2014 release and give it several extra months to at least be polished and hopefully address some of the major complaints.

Activision has switched it's CoD games to 3 year dev cycles in response to the demand for increased production values. There is a reason why Advanced Warfare did so well compared to Ghosts. They pushed out Ghosts in roughly 2 years while giving Sledgehammer the go-ahead to built it exclusively for next gen and PC (while hiring another studio to port to last gen) and giving them more time. The result was a clear upgrade over last gen's titles and a working game on launch.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Nice, a beta test months after launch...I'm so glad I get to beta test my game soon.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wasdie  Moderator

@SolidTy: Why did you feel the need to post that picture?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

Well, I'm glad Halo is no longer part of my life.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidTy

ON TOPIC: I wish the beta was tested sooner (like before the game shipped ala Halo 5 Beta that just ended), but this late Beta Test move by 343 is better than nothing.

@Wasdie said:

EDIT: I fear answering that accurately will take me off-topic and feed the trolls.

I have other on topic MCC pictures of my copy and experience if you want:

I don't really feel comfortable with your loaded 'why' question truth be told.

I will drop it and wish you a delightful rest of week.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

343 are atrocious

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#37 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

lol no because drive bomb still hasn't delivered on anything it promised MCC atleast works right now atleast for me.

Same. It has been fine since a week to 10 days after release for me. Sure there were times I couldn't get a match, but I have experienced that in many online games. Overall the game has been fine and a blast to play, as you said at least for me.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolidTy

@sts106mat:That's not accurate or true, I don't. Also, your only contribution thus far in this thread is off topic and I answered it before you asked.

I fear your intention is to troll based on that redundant loaded question that was already asked and answered.

Here's another 3rd private picture which showcases my Halo MCC copy and other titles.

On topic: I don't believe I have ever heard of a console game being beta tested months after release.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Don't care one bit for the multiplayer, got it and thoroughly enjoyed the campaigns, same with Halo 5 hopefully, will get it for campaign only, so worth it. Sure for all those people that play Multiplayer, it sucks for them, for me, it's single player all the way.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Beta after game is released ...eh what? hahaha

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@SolidTy said:

ON TOPIC: I wish the beta was tested sooner (like before the game shipped ala Halo 5 Beta that just ended), but this late Beta Test move by 343 is better than nothing.

@Wasdie said:

EDIT: I fear answering that accurately will take me off-topic and feed the trolls.

I have other on topic MCC pictures of my copy and experience if you want:

I don't really feel comfortable with your loaded 'why' question truth be told.

I will drop it and wish you a delightful rest of week.

It's a fair question.

What motivated you to post that picture in this thread?.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#45 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Hahaha. Well at least they are admitting that they need to fix the game instead of hiding behind terrible PR like Ubisoft; "But but but Pirates. But but but AMD's fault". In System Wars MCC was a flop but in real world it contains great games with issues that will be fixed in the future for good.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

"Bu bu bu 5club!!!"

Disaster Shit Collection surpassed Drive Club's achievements in failure a long time ago, lem.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I guess that is what they mean by that...hahaha

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mems_1224

@GrenadeLauncher: nah

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Yeah.

I wonder what MS' biggest disaster will be this year. I'm thinking Fable Legends, it's their big summer game and no one gives a shit. They had to announce it on PC just to get people to talk about it for once.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@GrenadeLauncher said:

@mems_1224 said:

Yeah.

I wonder what MS' biggest disaster will be this year. I'm thinking Fable Legends, it's their big summer game and no one gives a shit. They had to announce it on PC just to get people to talk about it for once.

tons of real gamers bought MCC nobody cares if it flopped here it got a 9/10 on ign an tons of gamers knew it flopped an don't care an bought it anyway

shut ur damn mouth