Halo: MasterChief Collection Discussion Thread (Gamespot: 6/10)

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

Poll Halo: MasterChief Collection Discussion Thread (Gamespot: 6/10) (222 votes)

AAAA 27%
AAA 60%
AA 14%
A 11%

Quick 411:

• Platforms - XONE
  • Release Date - 11.11.2014 (Worldwide)
  • Developer: 343 Industries
  • Publisher: Microsoft
  • Genre: Shooter

• 
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Game Faqs:

• 45 Campaign Missions
  • 106 Multiplayer Maps
  • 50 Spartan Op Missions
  • Forge Mode
  • Theater Mode
  • Online Co-op // Split-screen Co-op
  • UNIFIED Interface - play all four games from start to finish.
  • 65GB of Awesome (45 Blu-ray + 20GB Update)

Links:

Official Halo Site | Gamespot Coverage | IGN Coverage | Amazon | Best Buy | Halo Wiki

What's Included:

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary;

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is a spectacular remastered version of the original game, created to celebrate the 10th anniversary of one of the most beloved first-person shooters in gaming history. Bundled with seven of the most popular multiplayer maps in Halo history ready for Xbox Live, Halo: Anniversary includes a bounty of new features including cooperative play over Xbox Live, Achievements, new challenges, and new fiction to uncover.

Halo 2 Anniversary;

Halo: The Master Chief Collection includes Halo 2: Anniversary, celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the iconic fan favorite. The campaign features a “Classic Mode” to instantly switch between the remastered next-gen graphics and original game, updated sound effects, and completely new cut-scenes created by Blur Studios. Discover new story elements with extended cut scenes, hidden terminal videos, and uncover clues about the story of Halo 5: Guardians. Utilize game-altering Skulls to experience the campaign in a whole new way. For multiplayer you have access to all of the original multiplayer maps from Halo 2 and Halo 2 Vista included, exactly as you remember them. Play on fan favorites including Ivory Tower, Ascension, and Lockout, plus 6 completely re-imagined maps that take full advantage of the capabilities of the Xbox One.

Halo 3 (Now in 1080p and 60fps!)

Halo 4 (Now in 1080p and 60fps!)

Halo Nightfall;

Halo: Nightfall provides insight into the origin and backstory of legendary manhunter Agent Locke (Mike Colter, “The Good Wife”), a pivotal new character in the Halo universe who will play a key role in Halo 5: Guardians.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta

The Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta** will run from Dec. 29, 2014 through Jan. 18, 2015 and focus on the arena gameplay portion of Halo 5: Guardians’ full multiplayer experience.

---

To be Continued // Under Construction

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

AAAAE but since GS would never consider giving a 10 to an Xbox game I chose AAAE in poll. :P

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

AAAAE. I will be playing this bad boy for years to come like I did with the other games when the online was still up/populated. The ONLY downside to Halo 3 was the servers and now they are fixed. Halo 2 will always be my favourite but I cannot wait to play them all

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

AAA.

Nice thread, btw.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

The real question is this:

How much will Gamespot DEDUCT from the score for no reason other than the fact that the MCC is a collection of remastered remakes?

From a quality and quantity perspective, the MCC can't be beat.

Personally, I would pay $60 just for Halo 2 online multiplayer, considering it is the best console FPS multiplayer in history.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

I voted AAAA, 343 really did a great job with this collection. The fact they were able to unify all the games (campaign/multiplayer) seamlessly is amazing.

They set the bar with this collection. Somewhat, on topic would love Sony If they could make a socom/twisted metal collection for PS4. Would love some updated socom 1-3 multiplayer.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

I want to say AAAA but I think it's getting a 9 for being a remastered compilation.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

It's HALO so automatic AAA in GS.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I voted AAA.

Halo 2 is one of my most cherished games of all time and the anniversary edition looks phenomenal.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

9/10. There will be something missing I can just tell.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

So much content.... i honestly will probably play this on the Xbox one until the current gen ends. Deserves a 10, but I'm biased as hell since i think Halo is by far the best fps on consoles.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

@davillain- said:

Voted: AAA.

Getting my COD: Advance Warfare Xbox One bundle and I already pre-order MC Collection and this is a badass value for only $60 bucks. Man I can't wait to do my duel-weld Needlers, when you been hit, you know it's over. By the way, when does Halo 5 beta starts? I know it comes with MC Collection but when do we start?

Halo 5: Guardians Beta

The Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta** will run from Dec. 29, 2014 through Jan. 18, 2015 and focus on the arena gameplay portion of Halo 5: Guardians’ full multiplayer experience.

---

To be Continued...

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50548 Posts

GS loves their Halo. At least a 9 here

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Meh/10

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

i voted AAA

here's an interesting video on how the leaderboard works for the Campaign which i found interesting. kind of a game within a game type thing.

Loading Video...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

All 4? of those games in one package HAVE to score AAA. I mean common I know i'm not the biggest halo supporter here but arguing against that this is one hell of a deal is beyond dumb.

vickissv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 vickissv2
Member since 2004 • 1951 Posts

Anything below AAAA is a failure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

9/10 ... still not as good as Orange Box is imo. but certainly not a 10 because its a remaster... nothing more... nothing less.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

GS seems more willing to use the 10 scale now. Don't fully believe it'll happen, but since all the halo games are high scoring on gamespot, i voted AAAA.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

AAA

I'd find it hard to believe they'll give a 10

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

Doesn't matter. For me it's a 10. One of the main reasons I am back on XBOX One is the MCC.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

AAAA what more could u want from a collection. also really looking forward to halo 5 beta. this is the only game i have EVER preordered aww yeahhhhh

Loading Video...

Rictshard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rictshard
Member since 2014 • 265 Posts

AAA

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Always knew you were a lem TC

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The games in this collection are already AAA.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Always knew you were a lem TC

Like all SW mods.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

It doesn't get any better than this.

Also #Stevo thanks for the awesome hype thread. Your hype threads have been missed.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Hehe nice one TC....AAAA of course, the value here is just through the roof. Unless you played every single Halo game to death, it's hard to pass this up if you're a Halo fan. Even for those people, there are some new things, such as dedicated server support(AFAIK previous Halo games were all P2P), access to the upcoming show, access to the Halo 5 beta, having all the games in 1 place and being able to easily jump online from one game to the next, etc....I never really played Halo 2, and I will gladly replay all the campaings back to back, it will be a nice refresher for the story, lots of new achivements, and I'm hungry for some Halo lol, have not played for a while now since Halo 4 released.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

So many AAAA posts?

well it's halo but if it were a Sony exclusive lems would be screaming and flaming with overhype banners and pitch forks in the hands. I have played all halos except Halo 4 and I know that it really isn't anything special to warrant the praise it gets IMO.

Halo 2 for instance was filled with graphical glitched throughout the game that totally killed the immersion and deserved to be knocked heavily for that but GS still game it a high AAA score. Other than Oblivion/Skyrim Halo is the only other big game that gets a complete pass for having crap quality and gets AAA, so the score GS gives it really isn't a good reflection of the quality you may get, it's just if they liked the multipler and that's it.

If 343 clean up the technical issues the Halo games had in the past it would make it a lot easier for me to see them giving the games a legitimate AAA score but I still see those horrible animations that looked terrible even in 2001in this 2014 remake, shrug. I would say the work they put in it deserves AAA but the posters putting AAAA are just fanboying. It doesn't matter if you put all the games together, the sum of all the games doesn't increase the quality.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

9.0 for sure.

10? For a game collection? No way.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

The last great bundled collection like this was The Orange Box. The value for this collectors edition is just huge. Anyone who is a huge fan of Halo would be foolish not to get this wonderful upgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

So many AAAA posts?

well it's halo but if it were a Sony exclusive lems would be screaming and flaming with overhype banners and pitch forks in the hands. I have played all halos except Halo 4 and I know that it really isn't anything special to warrant the praise it gets IMO.

Halo 2 for instance was filled with graphical glitched throughout the game that totally killed the immersion and deserved to be knocked heavily for that but GS still game it a high AAA score. Other than Oblivion/Skyrim Halo is the only other big game that gets a complete pass for having crap quality and gets AAA, so the score GS gives it really isn't a good reflection of the quality you may get, it's just if they liked the multipler and that's it.

If 343 clean up the technical issues the Halo games had in the past it would make it a lot easier for me to see them giving the games a legitimate AAA score but I still see those horrible animations that looked terrible even in 2001in this 2014 remake, shrug. I would say the work they put in it deserves AAA but the posters putting AAAA are just fanboying. It doesn't matter if you put all the games together, the sum of all the games doesn't increase the quality.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Damn, this game is going to be epic! That achievement/rival video was news to me and is awesome. I voted 9 but I could see this getting a 10 honestly

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@KingsofQueens said:

@kinectthedots said:

So many AAAA posts?

lolol I chuckled.

Don't have any special hatred toward Halo bud. It is what it is, I just give my opinion no this thread and what I think about the remake. I was done talking so you are the reason I speak again, so you should slap yourself for provoking me to do what you don't want. :)

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Ghost120x said:

AAAAE. This has the most value for any fan of halo. I can't possibly see what could go wrong.

I voted AAAA too -- although it's not exclusive. ;)

The only place I can find all 4 halo games in one package @ 1080p and 60fps is Xbox one. :P

Gonna be sweet.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

A definite must have game.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

I see absolutely no reason why this won't be a 9, in fact, it would literally make no sense for it to get a lower score unless they messed every single port up.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Ghost120x said:

AAAAE. This has the most value for any fan of halo. I can't possibly see what could go wrong.

I voted AAAA too -- although it's not exclusive. ;)

Depends how you look at it. You want the best Halo experience possible for each of the games? MCC is the only option. The PC version of Halo 2 sucked and obviously the XBox version no longer has online. There's still plenty of new content too.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

AAA. Doesn't make sent that they would be lower.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

It looks to be the best-value bundle in gaming since The Orange Box which was easily worth a 10/10 given what it came with.

But since that didn't get a 10/10 here, I doubt this will either.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Really great thread. Literally counting the days to this.

AAA for me.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

AAA. I am so excited to play the Halo 2 remake and play CTF on Bloodgulch for hours.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#49 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

There's no reason to see this as anything other than AAAA for me. Even the worst part of the entire bundle, Halo 2's campaign, is fun and can be done in co-op. Plus it's redone at 60 FPS with a new engine.

Seriously, if you have any history having fun with this franchise, what's not to love? It's the best collection of all time.

Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts

Probably the best "remaster" I've seen so far. So much value for the asking price. If it doesn't get AAA, something's wrong.