Halo 5 Guardians has been announced for the xbox one

#101 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6234 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

No, they said "your halo journey in xbox one starts in 2014" they never ever said "Halo 5 2015" unlike sony with driveclub...you are massively reaching.

Halo 2 is the only halo game i haven't played..so if it is indeed anniversary edition this year, i will be playing.

Spin and damage control. That teaser sure wasn't Halo 2. Another one of Microsoft's lies.

#102 Posted by MonsieurX (31380 posts) -

Cows are full force DC on this

#103 Edited by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

Delay confirmed.

#104 Edited by kuu2 (7790 posts) -

Glad they are waiting till 2015 I would have been super worried about it launching this year.

#105 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

No point in DC, DX12 + Cloud + Halo 5 = PS4 destroyed :'(

#106 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

DelayBox720p confirmed.

#107 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Glad they are waiting till 2015 I would have been super worried about it launching this year.

Same here. They need to deliver a monster and give 343 enough time to do just that.

#108 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3728 posts) -

Yeah, another Halo from 343.

#109 Edited by finalstar2007 (25694 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

DelayBox720p confirmed.

I think you meant delaybox180 lol

#110 Posted by Heil68 (46442 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@kuu2 said:

Same here. They need to deliver a monster and give 343 enough time to do just that.

But with all those people leaving, including creative director, art director and person responsible for making lighting engine, it's gonna be crap, right shawn? ;)

#111 Edited by Cyberdot (3873 posts) -

Nice.

But I won't get the chance to play the game though. It's on Xbox.

#112 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@shawn30 said:

@kuu2 said:

But with all those people leaving, including creative director, art director and person responsible for making lighting engine, it's gonna be crap, right shawn? ;)

Oh no, MS will rehire. Things are good, structure and finance wise over there. No worries my friend. :)

#113 Edited by Indicud (745 posts) -

This game sounds bad.

#114 Posted by blackace (21272 posts) -

@super600 said:

Halo 5 Guardians has been announced for the Xbox One.The game will release in the fall of 2015 and it's a massive project according to 343i. They talk a bit about the development process of the game in the article and what they plan for the halo franchise in 2014 and 2015.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

I can't wait to here what 343i has to say at MS conference at E3.

I'm interested to see where they are going with the franchise. They seem super excited about what's to come, so I can't wait to hear what they say at the E3.

#115 Posted by blackace (21272 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Why are cows even in this thread? Has absolutely nothing to do with the PS4 or anything that would interest Cows. lmao!! These clowns are either bored of their own systems or just love to troll everything XB1 or Microsoft. What a sad, sad group.

#116 Posted by darkangel115 (2102 posts) -

I don't understand how anyone can call it a delay. a delay is when a game has a launch date or window announced and then pushed back. Like watch dogs and driveclub that were supposed to be released at launch or destiny which was supposed to be Q1 2014. those are delays. showing a cgi trailer of halo and saying the journey begins in 2014 could mean anything. If they said halo 5 coming in 2014 then you can call it a delay. But with tv shows, movies, comics, etc and all the outlets that the halo universe is in. It could mean anything. For all we know they could start the TV show and use it as a bridge from halo 4 to halo 5.

#117 Posted by darkangel115 (2102 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

No, i said i got an xbox one, because i was bored of my 360. but yes Halo 5 was a major factor, in my choice, i definitely said i couldn't miss out on it and i wont.

At the time, all we had to go on was their promise that ....."your halo journey on xbox one will begin in 2014"....

Also nobody is saying the delay is great....we are happy that we have some artwork and a title for the game.

FFS eltormo

NO you liar you told me that Halo 5 was coming this year and you got an xbox one for it,i asked you why because Halo 4 by that time we argue was suppose to come in late 2014..lol

You got an xbox one for a game that will land on 2015..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Drive club delay = bad

Halo 5 delay = great..lol

prove it.

If i was under the impression that halo 5 was coming in 2014, i was wrong, so what? i've known it's a 2015 game for months, we would have seen a lot more info about it by now.

Why dont you have a PS4?

I never once seen a credible source say halo 5 was coming in 2014. hell we don't even know if its called halo 5 for that matter. everyone referred to it as hale:next just becuase MS has not announced anything. The rumor was/is a Halo 2 anniversay in 2014 and a halo : next in 2015 as far as i always seen.

and the magazine referenced by tomentos isn't a MS published magazine. its now owned or operated by MS. all those games magazines are always wrong. The internet provides a much better source. Hell twitter is probably the best source for accurate information from MS, Sony, and the devs. I mean its not like MS announced on their official website something like halo 5 1080p/60FPS and had to take it down because it was a lie. I mean only a shady company would do something like that (zing)

#118 Edited by Draign (876 posts) -

I didnt play Halo 4. I wouldnt mind a remix coming out on Xbox One prior to the anniversary stuff.

#119 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9467 posts) -

Another underwhelming effort. Frat...

#120 Edited by Legend500 (149 posts) -

Art style looks terrible, just like Halo 4. Looks like Section 8, uninspired, generic sci fi.

#121 Edited by darkangel115 (2102 posts) -

new rumor for today is a HD remastered collection of halo 1-4 (no reach or ODST) to release in 2014

#122 Posted by super600 (30953 posts) -

The spartan in the boxart is a new male spartan from what I heard. He may be playable. And the 2014 fall lineups for both next gen consoles won't be amazing so I don't know why people keep on talking about the fall lineup for both consoles.

#123 Edited by AdobeArtist (22999 posts) -

Is it just me, or does it look like Chief and Samus had a child, producing this? :P

#124 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

@super600 said:

The spartan in the boxart is a new male spartan from what I heard. He may be playable. And the 2014 fall lineups for both next gen consoles won't be amazing so I don't know why people keep on talking about the fall lineup for both consoles.

The 3rd party lineup will be amazing and every single one of those look and play better on PS4. The only way MS can sell the Xbone is with exclusives and they have nothing compelling this year.

#125 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8656 posts) -

Jammin on The One, jammin on The One.

#126 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10791 posts) -

@super600 said:

Going off the Halo lore: That is all well and good, but unless the UNSC has started not caring again it won't be as prodigious as a SPARTAN II. The SPARTAN III's where/are very capable but where created with the mindset of being somewhat expendable - unlike the gen II's.

I don't see how a new Spartan would be as impressive as a #II mainly because of what it took to create a SPARTAN II.

#127 Posted by gago-gago (9842 posts) -

Maybe that's Cortana taking over a Spartan robot?

#128 Posted by darkangel115 (2102 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@super600 said:

The 3rd party lineup will be amazing and every single one of those look and play better on PS4. The only way MS can sell the Xbone is with exclusives and they have nothing compelling this year.

Right. we don't even know 100% what sony or MS has confirmed this year. all we know is MS has sunset overdrive and Sony has driveclub. After E3 is when we will know more.

#129 Posted by lundy86_4 (44021 posts) -

Sweet. Liking the cover.

Sucks that they couldn't get this out for 2014, but it's still pretty exciting.

#130 Posted by Spitfire-Six (637 posts) -

@Legend500: You sir are high.

#131 Edited by -Rhett81- (3569 posts) -

That's awesome news! However I'm surprised they didn't wait till E3 to unveil it, along with the kinectless SKU. April's sales figures must've been pretty painful.

#132 Posted by mems_1224 (48134 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

Is it just me, or does it look like Chief and Samus had a child, producing this? :P

I wish that was another Spartan II in Spartan IV armor but its probably Palmer. They've been building her up to be a big character.

#133 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5348 posts) -

Great news for Xbox One owners . Halo 4 sold 8+ million copies , this is going to move some consoles for sure . The game itself is going to be pretty fun too .

#134 Edited by princeofshapeir (14924 posts) -

Thought they'd save the announcement for E3.

Either way... Meh. Halo is past its prime.

#135 Posted by Couth_ (10226 posts) -

Jeez fall 2015. Was expecting 2014. One delay would push it to 2016. No wonder they shelled out for Titanfall and are forcing the issue with Gears

#136 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Hype begins.
Halo 5 is going to be one gorgeous game I bet.

#137 Edited by Heirren (18459 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

Hype begins.

Halo 5 is going to be one gorgeous game I bet.

Oh most definitely. Halo 4 looked incredible, especially given the hardware at hand.

Also, as for the 2014 tag. I bet it is the Halo 2, or Masterchief Collection or whatever it is, that goes along with saying 2014. However, I also think that the Halo 5 multiplayer may be included in that.

#138 Posted by jg4xchamp (49498 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@AdobeArtist said:

I wish that was another Spartan II in Spartan IV armor but its probably Palmer. They've been building her up to be a big character.

Apparently it's been confirmed that's a dude.

#139 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Oh look. its that shooter franchise which bombed in relevance over the years. ... this sandbox single player with cod like multiplayer "been there done that" a 1000x over.

Or the real bungie project witha giant persistant world, rpg progression, endless boss battles ... teamwork and pvp with progression and meaning!.

HArd to be interested to be honest. Destiny all the way,

Didn't Halo 4 set records for a single-console release? Not sure how that qualifies as "bombing in relevance"...

And considering we know next to nothing about Halo 5...trying to write off an entire game is quite silly.

And for the larger thread...God you people are idiots.

Everyday people are complaining that companies pump out new titles yearly (Call of Duty) and don't spend time to really improve the formula of their games.

Here we have 343i spending THREE years on a title to hopefully improve the scope and quality dramatically...and you people complain.

What do you want?

#140 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@sam890 said:

Sales are doing so bad, they couldn't wait for E3 to announce Hale 5. I really think they should just stop making Halo unless Bungie does it, because since Bungie left it's been fucking horrible.

There has been one Halo game not made by Bungie.

Stepping into Bungie's shoes would be a tall task for even the most seasoned developer, let alone a brand new studio.

And still, their first game scored AAA here and set records for sales on a single-console. That's an odd definition for "fucking horrible".

You may personally have not liked it as much...but it was a solid first attempt for a brand new studio by any definition.