Halo 5 Guardians has been announced for the xbox one

• 140 results
#51 Edited by tormentos (18344 posts) -
@FoxbatAlpha said:

You must be happy with all the remakes and indies then. I'm sorry I am not happy for you.

So how many exclusives the xbox one has got this year.?

What xbox one exclusives are selling.?

Should i ad Titanfall as a console exclusive xbox one.? (Pleas say yes please say yes.)

@sts106mat said:

we've known for months that Halo 5 was going to be next year? why are you so happy about something we already knew?

You hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... You argue with me that you bough an xbox one last year because Halo 5 was coming this years..hahaha

http://e3.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-5-confirmed-for-2014-31098737/

Odd 2 months ago lemmings where celebrating here when the xbox one magazine say it was coming in 2014..

#52 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@super600 said:

Halo 5 Guardians has been announced for the Xbox One.The game will release in the fall of 2015 and it's a massive project according to 343i. They talk a bit about the development process of the game in the article and what they plan for the halo franchise in 2014 and 2015.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

I can't wait to here what 343i has to say at MS conference at E3.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Call it now where is @blackace @kuu2 @StormyJoe and the rest of the lemming who hyped Halo 5 for this years..The delaybox one..

Halo 2 remake i call it 2 halo games in 1 years was not going to happen..

You really want to go there with all the PS3 titles that were delayed for years? Really?

#53 Edited by Vatusus (4691 posts) -

LOL

I remember when lems where posting Halo 5 as a 2014 game for ownage. I knew it wouldnt get released till 2015

#54 Edited by tormentos (18344 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

No, i said i got an xbox one, because i was bored of my 360. but yes Halo 5 was a major factor, in my choice, i definitely said i couldn't miss out on it and i wont.

At the time, all we had to go on was their promise that ....."your halo journey on xbox one will begin in 2014"....

Also nobody is saying the delay is great....we are happy that we have some artwork and a title for the game.

FFS eltormo

NO you liar you told me that Halo 5 was coming this year and you got an xbox one for it,i asked you why because Halo 4 by that time we argue was suppose to come in late 2014..lol

You got an xbox one for a game that will land on 2015..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Drive club delay = bad

Halo 5 delay = great..lol

#55 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5116 posts) -

Announcing a game that was already announced and supposed to be out this year.

Delaybox One.

#56 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@FoxbatAlpha said:

You must be happy with all the remakes and indies then. I'm sorry I am not happy for you.

So how many exclusives the xbox one has got this year.?

What xbox one exclusives are selling.?

Should i ad Titanfall as a console exclusive xbox one.? (Pleas say yes please say yes.)

@sts106mat said:

we've known for months that Halo 5 was going to be next year? why are you so happy about something we already knew?

You hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... You argue with me that you bough an xbox one last year because Halo 5 was coming this years..hahaha

http://e3.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/halo-5-confirmed-for-2014-31098737/

Odd 2 months ago lemmings where celebrating here when the xbox one magazine say it was coming in 2014..

No i didn't argue with you that i bought an xbox one for halo. how can you have an argument about that? I said that i had to have an xbox one because i wouldn't want to miss halo, MS promised a halo game on xbox in 2014? good enough for. Halo 5 or not...it's irrelevant.

That magazine was wrong before it came out, there were already rumours that it was a 2015 title and the halo journey was Halo 2 anniversary, also you wont be able to find me in that thread.

Why dont you have a PS4 yet?

#57 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

No, i said i got an xbox one, because i was bored of my 360. but yes Halo 5 was a major factor, in my choice, i definitely said i couldn't miss out on it and i wont.

At the time, all we had to go on was their promise that ....."your halo journey on xbox one will begin in 2014"....

Also nobody is saying the delay is great....we are happy that we have some artwork and a title for the game.

FFS eltormo

NO you liar you told me that Halo 5 was coming this year and you got an xbox one for it,i asked you why because Halo 4 by that time we argue was suppose to come in late 2014..lol

You got an xbox one for a game that will land on 2015..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Drive club delay = bad

Halo 5 delay = great..lol

prove it.

If i was under the impression that halo 5 was coming in 2014, i was wrong, so what? i've known it's a 2015 game for months, we would have seen a lot more info about it by now.

Why dont you have a PS4?

#58 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3293 posts) -

I like how Tormentos gets upset when people poke fun at him for not owning a PS4 but then he makes fun of people in threads like this.

#59 Edited by Heil68 (45154 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Wasnt Halo 5 supposed to be out this year?

seeing how its delayed or moved to next year must mean a different Halo ( most likely Halo 2 remake ) coming out this year instead.

According to @RR360DD it was, I guess it's a disappointment to him and we all should avoid this game due to the long development time...

dat desperation on MS's part

haahahhaha

#60 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (42973 posts) -

Delayed then, although Halo 2 anniversary for sure coming this year (my guess anyways).

#61 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@k2theswiss said:

With master chief on his way back home, looks like he's getting an upgrade! maybe lol

no, that is a standard spartan, similar to halo 4 armour. apparently according to some sites, a female spartan, but i can't tell

true, maybe they try introduces a new character

#62 Edited by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Announcing a game that was already announced and supposed to be out this year.

Delaybox One.

nope. all we have had was a trailer...this is the first official confirmation of Halo 5 Guardians.

now we have a proper name and art to go with it.

Tonnes more info to look forward to over the coming months and also the steven spielberg TV show....gonna be great.

#63 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@sts106mat said:

@k2theswiss said:

With master chief on his way back home, looks like he's getting an upgrade! maybe lol

no, that is a standard spartan, similar to halo 4 armour. apparently according to some sites, a female spartan, but i can't tell

possibly, there was a female spartan on board UNSC infinity who played a big role in the story of spartan ops...could be her, or as someone above said, maybe it's cortana (highly doubt that as it would be major jumping of the shark).

#64 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

Halo sucks balls. How do people still get excited for this?

#65 Edited by MBirdy88 (8326 posts) -

Oh look. its that shooter franchise which bombed in relevance over the years. ... this sandbox single player with cod like multiplayer "been there done that" a 1000x over.

Or the real bungie project witha giant persistant world, rpg progression, endless boss battles ... teamwork and pvp with progression and meaning!.

HArd to be interested to be honest. Destiny all the way,

#66 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Oh look. its that shooter franchise which bombed in relevance over the years. ... this sandbox single player with cod like multiplayer "been there done that" a 1000x over.

Or the real bungie project witha giant persistant world, rpg progression, endless boss battles ... teamwork and pvp with progression and meaning!.

HArd to be interested to be honest. Destiny all the way,

good job its well over a year away and destiny is just months away then.

They talk of big plans for halo...it may well be similar in scope to destiny after all....we have to wait and see.

#67 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151416 posts) -

No shit. No surprise on the title releasing. It's one of the few exclusives they have with cache. But the game isn't the same without the original devs.

#68 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5116 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

nope. all we have had was a trailer...this is the first official confirmation of Halo 5 Guardians.

Tonnes more info to look forward to over the coming months and also the steven spielberg TV show....gonna be great.

"Halo for Xbox One coming 2014" meaning Halo 5. Which is now 2015.

in b4 "bu bu but they meant the unconfirmed Halo 2 rehash!!!" I played Halo 2. I really liked Halo 2. I wouldn't get an Xbone for Halo 2.

#69 Edited by lostrib (37635 posts) -

So i wonder what's supposed to come in 2014 for Halo

#70 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

in b4 "bu bu but they meant the unconfirmed Halo 2 rehash!!!" I played Halo 2. I really liked Halo 2. I wouldn't get an Xbone for Halo 2.

I wouldn't either for one remake, and that includes TLOU on PS4. I liked Halo 4, didnt love it, But the things they needed to do to make me love it aren't so huge that I think its impossible to make a great Halo 5.

#71 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

No, they said "your halo journey in xbox one starts in 2014" they never ever said "Halo 5 2015" unlike sony with driveclub...you are massively reaching.

Halo 2 is the only halo game i haven't played..so if it is indeed anniversary edition this year, i will be playing.

#72 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

Wait, Fall 2015?

Xbox One released a year too early, confirmed. That's insane.

#73 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:

No shit. No surprise on the title releasing. It's one of the few exclusives they have with cache. But the game isn't the same without the original devs.

A number of ex-Bungie people are at 343 and Halo 4 sold 8.9 million copies. With 3 years dev, a huge studio manpower wise, and community input they say they are taking very seriously I think they will do an amazing job with the game. Looking for ward to E3.

#74 Posted by Effec_Tor (319 posts) -

Fall 2015 release... so what was the point of releasing the xbox1 so soon?

#75 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8157 posts) -

Dat milkage.

#76 Edited by D4RKL1NG (236 posts) -

Dafaq is Isaac from Dead Space doing on the cover?

#77 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11916 posts) -

Such a good idea to announce games before E3, who likes surprises anyway?

#78 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

heeyy look MS tries to get people excited.. haha

and no bungie LOL

it's destiny now MS

#79 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

@BPoole96 said:

Cortana as the female Spartan. Calling it

As a "historian" of Halo lore, impossible :P

#80 Posted by Spartan070 (16355 posts) -

Hoping for a customized Xbox One console with matching controller.

#81 Edited by gago-gago (9539 posts) -

I sense a lot of fear and relief from cows that Halo 5 isn't coming this year. Sony doesn't have a First Person Shooter triple A franchise like Halo and through out the years Sony tried but always failed to have a Halo killer. Speaking about failing to be a Halo killer, kinda funny how Resistance got in the convo because of a similar cover concept lol. Fable 1 and 2 have the same "reflection" cover concept and I'm pretty sure there are others. At the end of the day it looks like the PS4 will never have anything like this beast Halo. Closest thing is probably Destiny but the Xbox One gets that too lol. Also beside Xbox Magazine acting like tabloids claiming Halo 5 is coming in 2014 to sell their magazines, did 343 or Microsoft even announce and confirm it's coming this year? Some cows are grasping, you know they're experts when it comes to waiting and delays because Sony will announce shit way in advance trying to get their fans easily excited, they will show CGI trailers, they will make up a list, they will announce a release date time frame but these Sony games end up being downgraded, delayed, delayed again and even canceled all together. Agent, The Last Guardian, DriveClub, The Order just to name a few. Sony does this every year and every year their fans fall for it.

#82 Posted by iambatman7986 (485 posts) -

Excited. I hope it is a grand scale that truly expands the universe Bungie created. There is so much story that could be told in the universe, let's hope 343 can pull it off.

#83 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8762 posts) -

@_Matt_:

Different strokes for different folks maybe?

Guess I'm not allowed to be excited.

#84 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (987 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

heeyy look MS tries to get people excited.. haha

and no bungie LOL

it's destiny now MS

#85 Posted by Idontremember (927 posts) -

''runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers''
Am I the only one confused by that. Cause the way I'm seeing it, you need cloud to have more compute power. I'll be shocked if it's for boosting the graphics in the single player secment.
If that's the case, would have been awesome to instead use local calculation on my PC instead, No internet latency and probably much more raw power available.

#86 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

Going by the PR release, it sounds like Halo 5 will be open-world. Thats intriguing, although I wonder if some of the typical audience members will be alienated by that large of a shift in Halo. Either way, excited to see how it develops.

Also, yay for rumors becoming official. Guess Halo 2 anniversary is real too. As for MS' fall/holiday lineup, Halo 2A, Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive seem fine to me. Right now, exclusive lineups don't really matter much except to fanboys, but we'll see if MS may announce anything that can pull the console out of its sales rut.

#87 Posted by Stringerboy (7086 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

It's the Resistance 2 cover lol.

It's the Fable 2 cover lol

#88 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10599 posts) -

"Making a Halo game that runs at 60 frames per second, on dedicated servers, with the scope, features, and scale we’ve been dreaming of for more than a decade, is non-trivial," said 343 Industries general manager Bonnie Ross. "It’s a task that we, at 343 Industries, are taking very seriously to ensure we deliver the Halo game that fans deserve, and a game that is built from the ground up for Xbox One."

"Halo 5: Guardians is a bigger effort than Halo 4," continued Ross. "That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen."

That sounds fantastic. Looks like this will be the Halo game that 343 was assembled to create - something they can make their own.

#89 Edited by freedomfreak (40919 posts) -
@Stringerboy said:

It's the Fable 2 cover lol

Oh yeah, good call.

#90 Posted by RR360DD (11988 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

seeing how its delayed or moved to next year must mean a different Halo ( most likely Halo 2 remake ) coming out this year instead.

According to @RR360DD it was, I guess it's a disappointment to him and we all should avoid this game due to the long development time...

haahahhaha

Never once did I say Halo 5 was coming this year. I remember our conversation, and I remember me saying a Halo game would release this year. I remember predicting it would be Halo 2 anniversary, and I remember you trying to put words in my mouth by calling it halo 5 but at the time I couldn't be bothered to even reply.

But go on, find me saying Halo 5 was due this year.

#91 Edited by RR360DD (11988 posts) -

Makes you wonder what game announcements MS have planned for E3 if they're announcing Halo now.

#92 Edited by Heil68 (45154 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@Heil68 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

haahahhaha

Never once did I say Halo 5 was coming this year. I remember our conversation, and I remember me saying a Halo game would release this year. I remember predicting it would be Halo 2 anniversary, and I remember you trying to put words in my mouth by calling it halo 5 but at the time I couldn't be bothered to even reply.

So what MS showed last year with MC in the desert was for Halo 2 Anniversary? Wow breaking news there. Can't WAIT to see this clip in Halo 2 Anniversary!!!111

But back to that 2 year+ dev time for the Halo 5 game, that must be unacceptable to you right? Since you stated a SONY game revealed in 2014 wont be out till 2016 was....I think your quote was "Dat desperation" so by golly gee wilikers the must be the same for Halo and 343 then right???

lol

#93 Posted by finalstar2007 (25281 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Asks a question, then posts an answer next line as fact.

It was rumored a halo game might come this year, nothing about halo 5 guaranteed this year, you are such a putzy sheen finalstar go back to camping in call of duty please its all you are good at.

There ya go:

game been delayed

http://stickskills.com/2013/09/01/halo-5-confirmed-as-new-title-coming-in-2014/

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Halo-5-Releasing-Xbox-One-2014-Microsoft-Confirms-61421.html

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/22069/20140226/halo-5-release-date-news-xbox-magazine.htm

want more links?

#94 Edited by RR360DD (11988 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@RR360DD said:

@Heil68 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

haahahhaha

So what MS showed last year with MC in the desert was for Halo 2 Anniversary? Wow breaking news there. Can't WAIT to see this clip in Halo 2 Anniversary!!!111

But back to that 2 year+ dev time for the Halo 5 game, that must be unacceptable to you right? Since you stated a SONY game revealed in 2014 wont be out till 2016 was....I think your quote was "Dat desperation" so by golly gee wilikers the must be the same for Halo and 343 then right???

lol

It was a teaser to drum up hype for the Halo games on Xbox One. It does not say Halo 5 at the end. It just says your halo journey will begin 2014. Its not a trailer for any specific game. That should be pretty obvious...

And Halo 5 is just over a year away. Nothing to do with dev time, just announcing games too early.

#95 Edited by hehe101 (783 posts) -

sure microsoft have something planned for E3

#96 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@_Matt_:

Different strokes for different folks maybe?

Guess I'm not allowed to be excited.

NO!

No excitement for you!

#97 Posted by mems_1224 (47254 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@k2theswiss said:

@sts106mat said:

@k2theswiss said:

possibly, there was a female spartan on board UNSC infinity who played a big role in the story of spartan ops...could be her, or as someone above said, maybe it's cortana (highly doubt that as it would be major jumping of the shark).

Maybe its just me but that Spartan looks Forerunnery. Maybe they upgraded the Spartans with Forerunner tech.

#98 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Sales are doing so bad, they couldn't wait for E3 to announce Hale 5. I really think they should just stop making Halo unless Bungie does it, because since Bungie left it's been fucking horrible.

#99 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27869 posts) -

@super600: I'm kind of meh on this. I'm burned out on halo

#100 Posted by Heil68 (45154 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@Heil68 said:

@RR360DD said:

@Heil68 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

haahahhaha

lol

It was a teaser to drum up hype for the Halo games on Xbox One. It does not say Halo 5 at the end. It just says your halo journey will begin 2014. Its not a trailer for any specific game. That should be pretty obvious...

And Halo 5 is just over a year away. Nothing to do with dev time, just announcing games too early.

I think that clip is from Halo 5, guess we'll see, sure isn't for anything Halo 2 which should be obvious too.

My only point was bringing up the strange complicity and patience you have for MS dev time and not SONY's :P