Halo 5 Guardians has been announced for the xbox one

#1 Edited by super600 (31122 posts) -

Halo 5 Guardians has been announced for the Xbox One.The game will release in the fall of 2015 and it's a massive project according to 343i. They talk a bit about the development process of the game in the article and what they plan for the halo franchise in 2014 and 2015.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/05/games-halo-journey-announcement

I can't wait to here what 343i has to say at MS conference at E3.

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (25995 posts) -

Wasnt Halo 5 supposed to be out this year?

seeing how its delayed or moved to next year must mean a different Halo ( most likely Halo 2 remake ) coming out this year instead.

#3 Posted by super600 (31122 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:

seeing how its delayed or moved to next year must mean a different Halo ( most likely Halo 2 remake ) coming out this year instead.

It was rumored that the game would release in 2015 for awhile.

#4 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19297 posts) -

I guess they need to give X1 fans something to believe in considering the slow sales

#5 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5772 posts) -

What is their big game this holiday then? They can't really believe Sunset Overdrive is enough.

#6 Edited by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

FUCK YEAH !

Loading Video...

#7 Posted by super600 (31122 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

What is their big game this holiday then? They can't really believe Sunset Overdrive is enough.

Halo 2 Anniversary most likely and Sunset Overdrive. They may reveal games that may release in 2014 at E3.

#8 Posted by gago-gago (9864 posts) -

Halo FPS games are AAA quality. Looking forward to see what they have in store for this one. More exciting than Destiny already though.

#9 Edited by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (43566 posts) -

It's the Resistance 2 cover lol.

#11 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28512 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Asks a question, then posts an answer next line as fact.
It was rumored a halo game might come this year, nothing about halo 5 guaranteed this year, you are such a putzy sheen finalstar go back to camping in call of duty please its all you are good at.

#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28512 posts) -

What I said on the vestibule.

I would love to see them use the halo 4 engine or atleast a retooling of it, Use that engine which looked amazing but with a few upgrades that way you can maintain 60 fps with loads of characters on screen, keep it 720p no need for 1080p dammit.

I want a game with huge scope, and amazing gameplay I could give a shit about insane graphics unless those graphics are completely stable which 720p/60fps will afford.

#13 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -

Cortana as the female Spartan. Calling it

#14 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Should have been out this year. Destiny will hurt this game so much.

#15 Posted by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@BPoole96 said:

Cortana as the female Spartan. Calling it

no way dude. not even convinced that is a female spartan to be honest.

#16 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9017 posts) -

I will now treat everyone to lunch at work to celebrate this glorious news! And maybe some prostitutes too!

#17 Posted by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I will now treat everyone to lunch at work to celebrate this glorious news! And maybe some prostitutes too!

yep, this is going to be the biggest lem circle jerk in history.

Halo 5 Baby WHOOOO!

#18 Edited by xhawk27 (7536 posts) -

@Sweenix:

Different type of game.

#19 Posted by super600 (31122 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Should have been out this year. Destiny will hurt this game so much.

Both games go after two completely different audiences. Destiny is a more team based MMO FPS while halo is more of a competitive first person shooter.

#20 Edited by Blabadon (28491 posts) -

I want another kickass cover like Halo 4

#21 Edited by SolidTy (45939 posts) -

freedomfreak said:

It's the Resistance 2 cover lol.

I'm not seeing it....okay, maybe I do.

#22 Posted by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I want another kickass cover like Halo 4

Its over a year away, they will probably change it.

plus, i'll be getting the inevitable limited edition anyway

#23 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8601 posts) -

I can't wait.... But I never even played halo4 at all so I guess I can a little.

#25 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

My guess is Quantum Break, Forza Horizon 2, Halo 2 anniversary and an unaannounced game, maybe third party excluisve.

#26 Posted by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@Desmonic: yeah, i am wondering if there will be more focus on a co-op operative campaign, like the spartan ops mode, but full on story. that'd be a huge risk though as spartan ops was decent, but not amazing.

we'll have to wait and see

#27 Edited by sukraj (23991 posts) -

gimme it this year

#28 Edited by lglz1337 (4201 posts) -

Lol lemmings need to wait more than 1 year for their next big exclusive title.. wahaha

#29 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Desmonic: yeah, i am wondering if there will be more focus on a co-op operative campaign, like the spartan ops mode, but full on story. that'd be a huge risk though as spartan ops was decent, but not amazing.

I'm just happy that since Halo 4 came out in 2012, they have truly had a ton of time to create and optimize Halo 5. 3 years dev time is nearly unheard of these days and the game is the top title for Xbox. If they listen to the community and tweak what people didn't like about pasrt 4, a game that still sold 8.9 million, Halo 5 can be a killer app.

#30 Posted by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@sts106mat said:

I'm just happy that since Halo 4 came out in 2012, they have truly had a ton of time to create and optimize Halo 5. 3 years dev time is nearly unheard of these days and the game is the top title for Xbox. If they listen to the community and tweak what people didn't like about pasrt 4, a game that still sold 8.9 million, Halo 5 can be a killer app.

I actually really enjoyed halo 4, i thought the single player story, voice acting etc were brilliant. the graphics were simply stunning and the game played really really well. I went through multiple times, something i rarely do with other games.

I wasn't a huge fan of spartan ops and the larger multiplayer maps were inferior in some ways to halo reach.

Can't wait to see what's next for halo.

#32 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17521 posts) -

Another generation of Forza/halo/gears

So exciting !

Repetitiveness awaits

@sts106mat said:

I do like the Boxart though. Reminds me of resistance 2:

#33 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9017 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

So exciting !

Repetitiveness awaits

@sts106mat said:

You must be happy with all the remakes and indies then. I'm sorry I am not happy for you.

#34 Posted by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

So exciting !

Repetitiveness awaits

@sts106mat said:

Haven't you done enough crying for one day?

also lol box art....it's whats inside that counts..

I love halo, so i am very happy today......

#35 Posted by Shewgenja (11030 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Lol lemmings need to wait more than 1 year for their next big exclusive title.. wahaha

Isn't that pretty much always the case?

#36 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17521 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Dude, chill out.

I actually praised the boxart. Why are you so pissed off at me ?

#37 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3441 posts) -

Good stuff! Im surprised they announced this before E3.......will be nice to see they stuff they are saving for the show

#38 Edited by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sts106mat said:

Dude, chill out.

I actually praised the boxart. Why are you so pissed off at me ?

I apologised in the other thread, and will do so again, sorry I am most definitely not mad at you, I thought your other thread was a little on the click bait heavy side that is all.

I too like the box art, but I dont think it will be final for one minute.

#39 Edited by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@lglz1337 said:

Isn't that pretty much always the case?

Even if that were true, Halo is worth the wait.

#40 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17521 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

I apologised in the other thread, and will do so again, sorry I am most definitely not mad at you, I thought your other thread was a little on the click bait heavy side that is all.

I too like the box art, but I dont think it will be final for one minute.

No worries man ;)

You just didn't understand me correctly. And that is my fault too.

William also accused it of being click baity but that is where I disagree. I see it as two game modes being removed, even if they are still playable in some way, they are not as playable or as easily to access as they once were. (But that is for the other thread)

See the thing is, I own Halo, 2, 3, Aniversay, ODST, Reach, 4 and I own 3 Gears of Wars.

I just want to see more original games like Kameo, Viva Pinata, Saints Row, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive... That is why I bought an Xbox 360.

I don't care that they milk the same franchises as long as there are original ones too. Like there are now, but the last years of 360 lead me to believe that all MS did was make the same franchises over and over. And I wanted more, see :)

#41 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17468 posts) -

Lol I bet that's Cortana in the Spartan suit.

#42 Edited by tormentos (20224 posts) -

@super600 said:

Halo 5 Guardians has been announced for the Xbox One.The game will release in the fall of 2015 and it's a massive project according to 343i. They talk a bit about the development process of the game in the article and what they plan for the halo franchise in 2014 and 2015.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Call it now where is @blackace @kuu2 @StormyJoe and the rest of the lemming who hyped Halo 5 for this years..The delaybox one..

Official Xbox Magazine cover March 2014

Halo 2 remake i call it 2 halo games in 1 years was not going to happen..

#43 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

Halo needs to die, kill it off and make something else

#44 Edited by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@super600 said:

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Call it now where is @blackace @kuu2 @StormyJoe and the rest of the lemming who hyped Halo 5 for this years..The delaybox one..

Halo 2 remake i call it 2 halo games in 1 years was not going to happen..

we've known for months that Halo 5 was going to be next year? why are you so happy about something we already knew?

#45 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

With master chief on his way back home, looks like he's getting an upgrade! maybe lol

#46 Edited by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

With master chief on his way back home, looks like he's getting an upgrade! maybe lol

no, that is a standard spartan, similar to halo 4 armour. apparently according to some sites, a female spartan, but i can't tell

#47 Edited by Evo_nine (2099 posts) -

OOOH YEAH! so hyped for this!! hurry up and take my money!!!!

hopefully halo 2 comes out this year.

#48 Edited by tormentos (20224 posts) -
@super600 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Come on Rumor that the lemmings refuse to admit i remember it was posted,the game was say to be release this years and even the xbox magazine confirms it.

@sts106mat said:

FUCK YEAH !

You were one of those who got and xbox one last year and as an excuse used that Halo 5 was coming this year so you got the xbox one,i remember telling you that why you bought a console which game you wanted wasn't coming until late 2014...hahaha

@WilliamRLBaker said:

I would love to see them use the halo 4 engine or atleast a retooling of it, Use that engine which looked amazing but with a few upgrades that way you can maintain 60 fps with loads of characters on screen, keep it 720p no need for 1080p dammit.

I want a game with huge scope, and amazing gameplay I could give a shit about insane graphics unless those graphics are completely stable which 720p/60fps will afford.

Oh i don't think the game will be 1080p 60FPS unless it look worse that Titanfall in all aspects,that was say on E3 by then the xbox one was suppose to be capable of doing that,i remember COD was claim to be 1080p 60FPS and ryse was claim to be 1080p as well.

The problem is that they are quoted in the 1080p 60 FPS now,so it should be a nice spin hearing them say that 1080p is not important that is better 720p with lock frames and better quality image..

@shawn30 said:

@sts106mat said:

http://e3.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/rumour-ps4-launch-title-driveclub-delayed-until-20-30855939/

The hypocrisy on this thread is outstanding..

Drive club delay = bad.

Halo 5 delay = The great..

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (48581 posts) -

Take out the CoD bullshit from my Halo games 343. kthxbye

#50 Edited by sts106mat (20425 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@super600 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Come on Rumor that the lemmings refuse to admit i remember it was posted,the game was say to be release this years and even the xbox magazine confirms it.

@sts106mat said:

FUCK YEAH !

You were one of those who got and xbox one last year and as an excuse used that Halo 5 was coming this year so you got the xbox one,i remember telling you that why you bought a console which game you wanted wasn't coming until late 2014...hahaha

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Oh i don't think the game will be 1080p 60FPS unless it look worse that Titanfall in all aspects,that was say on E3 by then the xbox one was suppose to be capable of doing that,i remember COD was claim to be 1080p 60FPS and ryse was claim to be 1080p as well.

The problem is that they are quoted in the 1080p 60 FPS now,so it should be a nice spin hearing them say that 1080p is not important that is better 720p with lock frames and better quality image..

@shawn30 said:

@sts106mat said:

http://e3.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/rumour-ps4-launch-title-driveclub-delayed-until-20-30855939/

The hypocrisy on this thread is outstanding..

Drive club delay = bad.

Halo 5 delay = The great..

No, i said i got an xbox one, because i was bored of my 360. but yes Halo 5 was a major factor, in my choice, i definitely said i couldn't miss out on it and i wont.

At the time, all we had to go on was their promise that ....."your halo journey on xbox one will begin in 2014"....

Also nobody is saying the delay is great....we are happy that we have some artwork and a title for the game.

FFS eltormo