halo 5 beta impressions (ends tomo)

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@draign said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

unless u stick with ur team mates u will be dead within a second, i think its time the radar system changed and instead of showing all enemies they should only be shown when they fire their weapon.

That idea sucks. Glad youre not a developer.

yes the idea that is used by every other fps game on the market sucks lmao

Every?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@draign said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@draign said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

unless u stick with ur team mates u will be dead within a second, i think its time the radar system changed and instead of showing all enemies they should only be shown when they fire their weapon.

yes the idea that is used by every other fps game on the market sucks lmao

Every?

every relevant one yh. bf/cod/titanfall etc.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#53 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

@ghostwarrior786: the game is fine. I actually can't find anything wrong with it so far. Weapons feel great and I was able to get a kill with every weapon I used. Changing the radar system to a COD type system would take away what was distinctly halo. If you don't want the radar then I assume there will be hardcore modes that will eliminate it.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

I think it kicks ass

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Dem graphics tho dayuuum.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I actually think taking of the radar would be good. At least only showing people who are shooting. If they did a separate "hardcore" mode like that I'd play it.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 ghostwarrior786

@sirk1264 said:

@ghostwarrior786: the game is fine. I actually can't find anything wrong with it so far. Weapons feel great and I was able to get a kill with every weapon I used. Changing the radar system to a COD type system would take away what was distinctly halo. If you don't want the radar then I assume there will be hardcore modes that will eliminate it.

Problem is pro playlists are full of hardcore players who kick ass, no point of an average player going in there. Right now this game is heavily dependant on team mates, u literally get team shot to death within a second if u dont stick with ur team.

a sound based radar system will encourage movemdnt imo and make it a little easier to carry team

notsogoodyts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By notsogoodyts
Member since 2014 • 30 Posts

I love it! A good step up from Halo 4.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

It's a substantial step up from Halo 4, and I could see myself enjoying it more than I did Halo 3 (which I don't like). But I'm super indifferent towards playing it. Some of the changes are on point, other aspects are like eh, and in way too many ways yay Halo.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@sirk1264 said:

Problem is pro playlists are full of hardcore players who kick ass, no point of an average player going in there. Right now this game is heavily dependant on team mates, u literally get team shot to death within a second if u dont stick with ur team.

a sound based radar system will encourage movemdnt imo and make it a little easier to carry team

You can take on two and live without much issue. Three is really tough and four is a death sentence. I like it that way. Makes it a team based shooter in these arena based maps.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I like how they balance sprinting.

Running everywhere actually puts you at a disadvantage. It's best to keep your gun up most of the time to keep your shields up.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I played some matches a few minutes ago. I don't know yet.

One thing I didn't like was my first session was against an experienced team all high ranking against my team of four random noobs no rank. That was no good, none of us knew the map and we were cannon fodder. Hopefully the matchmaking improves. I left that session and started anew and it was better. Overall, it felt like Halo and I believe I got a kill with every weapon. I got a sweet headshot and the announcer made a big deal about power-weapons re-spawning, not that I knew where that was, but I killed the guy with the sniper and got his weapon. The Map available was very small. It was 4v4.

----

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I like how they balance sprinting.

Running everywhere actually puts you at a disadvantage. It's best to keep your gun up most of the time to keep your shields up.

The running penalty is real. Way too many games allow you to sprint around without a consequence.

Don't know how I feel about the jump and fire mechanic. There is also a big penalty for doing that as well. I think they are encouraging people to use ground and pound which I have not become comfortable with.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 sirk1264

@kuu2: the running penalty is awesome. Encourages people to not run around like a chicken without a head. The game feels more like halo than halo 4 did and I don't mind the ADS right now as I got the majority of my kills via hip firing. Got some nice head shots with the pistol too by hip firing. Have not tried ground and pound

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sirk1264

@ghostwarrior786: not every game needs a radar system like cod, battlefield, etc. it's what differentiates halo from them in terms of their radar mechanics. Just deal with it. The radar system has been fine since the first halo. Your idea of sound based radar is stupid and I know your Sony ego is starting to worry because the beta is actually better than you thought.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ghostwarrior786

@sirk1264 said:

@ghostwarrior786: not every game needs a radar system like cod, battlefield, etc. it's what differentiates halo from them in terms of their radar mechanics. Just deal with it. The radar system has been fine since the first halo. Your idea of sound based radar is stupid and I know your Sony ego is starting to worry because the beta is actually better than you thought.

the radar has been broken since the first game and lol at sony ego. just lol

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Fun fact: you can still play the beta with 2 maps using the preview program early access version! I've just played one match, my impressions are now totally different since servers work infinitesimally better and the game seems really fast and fluid. It's definitely 60fps. The graphics are really good despite 720p threshold. Anyone who claims otherwise is a blatant fanboy who hasn't even played the game.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Fun fact: you can still play the beta with 2 maps using the preview program early access version! I've just played one match, my impressions are now totally different since servers work infinitesimally better and the game seems really fast and fluid. It's definitely 60fps. The graphics are really good despite 720p threshold. Anyone who claims otherwise is a blatant fanboy who hasn't even played the game.

graphics are decent but the jaggies are unbearable, they need to make it at least 900p. bf4 looks better + is much bigger in scale, h5 looks like minor improvement over h4

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Salt_The_Fries

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

graphics are decent but the jaggies are unbearable, they need to make it at least 900p. bf4 looks better + is much bigger in scale, h5 looks like minor improvement over h4

The FPS count makes all the difference in the world, though.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ghostwarrior786

@Salt_The_Fries: bf4 is 60fps, i never noticed any drops and things can get pretty hectic in conquest

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

The game is just under a year from release and the build you're playing is pretty old, so the graphics are not representative of how the final game will look.

Look what 343 achieved on 360 hardware, its safe to say the final product will look better than this.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By silversix_
@RR360DD said:

The game is just under a year from release and the build you're playing is pretty old, so the graphics are not representative of how the final game will look.

Look what 343 achieved on 360 hardware, its safe to say the final product will look better than this.

thanks god because this, this looks below ugly level.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 silversix_
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

and it has destruction while Halo 5 is 100% static.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Salt_The_Fries

@silversix_ said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It looks like horseshit on consoles, though.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I hope the power weapon rush is only an option in the final game. Because the best players will just rape the game if they always get to the BR, DMR or Sniper first. The AR has no chance against someone with a power weapon.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

its not good.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 ghostwarrior786

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@silversix_ said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

bf4 looks damn good on x1, technically the most impressive game on the console considering its scale, 64 players and destructibility

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

I hope the power weapon rush is only an option in the final game. Because the best players will just rape the game if they always get to the BR, DMR or Sniper first. The AR has no chance against someone with a power weapon.

wtf is power weapon rush

@mems_1224 said:

its not good.

stop hating on ms exclusive u sony lover

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@silversix_ said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

bf4 looks damn good on x1, technically the most impressive game on the console considering its scale, 64 players and destructibility

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

wtf is power weapon rush

@mems_1224 said:

its not good.

What I meant by "power weapon rush" is the way they have the game set up that everyone starts with the AR and then at some point in the match the BR, DMR and Sniper spawn and become available. Everyone rushes to those spawn points to try and collect one of those weapon. I feel that if my best gun is the DMR, I should be able to start with it. I am going to assume that this is just a variation of Slayer and not the way it will be permanently!

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@silversix_ said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

wtf is power weapon rush

@mems_1224 said:

its not good.

What I meant by "power weapon rush" is the way they have the game set up that everyone starts with the AR and then at some point in the match the BR, DMR and Sniper spawn and become available. Everyone rushes to those spawn points to try and collect one of those weapon. I feel that if my best gun is the DMR, I should be able to start with it. I am going to assume that this is just a variation of Slayer and not the way it will be permanently!

Yeah, I'm fed up with incessant rushing towards power weapons, but thanks god for overpowering SMG this time.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ghostwarrior786

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

so u want loadouts? no thanks BUT arena is just a playlist, i think normal slayer will have variants like br/smg/dmr starts. ar is really powerful this time around and so is pistol so its actually not bad this time around to start with ar/pistol

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Salt_The_Fries

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

so u want loadouts? no thanks BUT arena is just a playlist, i think normal slayer will have variants like br/smg/dmr starts. ar is really powerful this time around and so is pistol so its actually not bad this time around to start with ar/pistol

yeah, magnum is really useful this time around

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#82 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

It is so bad. Feels nothing like Halo. Then the graphics...omg lol.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 silversix_

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@silversix_ said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

it certainly did and i played the best looking version (ps4). Playing that game in 900p did not feel like i was playing on my brand new console at all.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@millerlight89 said:

It is so bad. Feels nothing like Halo. Then the graphics...omg lol.

You sure about that Mr PS4 fanboy??

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ghostwarrior786

the new maps are up + gamemode. i played a match of breakout, its ok i suppose. nothing wrong with the gamemode, just halo itself is feeling meh to me right now

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Kinda like Uncharted 4? hahaha

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#87 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the new maps are up + gamemode. i played a match of breakout, its ok i suppose. nothing wrong with the gamemode, just halo itself is feeling meh to me right now

Probably cause you're not holding a DualShock 4 controller in your hand. I wonder how much negative crap you would be spewing then? lol!!

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ghostwarrior786

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Probably cause you're not holding a DualShock 4 controller in your hand. I wonder how much negative crap you would be spewing then? lol!!

yes it has nothing to do with all the reasons i listed in the first post in this topic. bravo mr. true gamer for solving this mystery

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yes it has nothing to do with all the reasons i listed in the first post in this topic. bravo mr. true gamer for solving this mystery

There's no mystery that you're a biased troll. The was solved long time ago.

http://www.ensenandoacomeramihijo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/crying_cow-150x150.jpg

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

lol

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

beta is amazing. best gameplay and graphics of this gen so far.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@draign said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

The idea has been done many times in other FPS games. It's an interesting idea and definitely doesn't "suck". Whether or not it suits Halo specifically is another question though.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#93 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The game needs input mapping and im on board.

I think it's fun enough overall. Won't be as exciting as Halo 2 ever again, or even as much fun as I had with Reach, but it's shaping up to be a solid field filler during the fall for a mp fix.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@blackace said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

back u go into ur lem cave blacklace. too much constructive criticism about a ms franchise in this thread

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 ghostwarrior786

the ar/smg have a headshot multiplier, combined with ads range advantage they are little over powered. tried the new hydra gun or what ever its called, like a mini rocket launcher but its shots dip like crazy. its ok. br starts are better for halo but overall getting a very blah feeling from this beta, the maps are also quite crap

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#96 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

They really have to get rid of the autoaim.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

games getting more fun the more i play it feels like the better i get

i like it now i can mix up my multiplayer lineup with some halo 5 meanwhile on ps4 no they can't mix up there online play compared to us

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX said:

i like it now i can mix up my multiplayer lineup with some halo 5 meanwhile on ps4 no they can't mix up there online play compared to us

weren't you just complaining about how xbox/MS can't compete?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@lostrib said:

@ProtossX said:

yes but i also said halo 5 is there best exclusive and it blows killzone away this is only the game really to play on it

its getting better honestly to me its starting to feel A LOT like golden eye/perfect dark

it might just be me but its getting there boys, its got the feel i like the guns now, im liking the sounds an announcer

its growing on me a lot and u wont find it on ps4 an i dunno if these guys branch out to pc anymore either

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@lostrib said:

@ProtossX said:

yes but i also said halo 5 is there best exclusive and it blows killzone away this is only the game really to play on it

its getting better honestly to me its starting to feel A LOT like golden eye/perfect dark

it might just be me but its getting there boys, its got the feel i like the guns now, im liking the sounds an announcer

its growing on me a lot and u wont find it on ps4 an i dunno if these guys branch out to pc anymore either

it is really hard to read your posts