Halo 5 and Halo2Anniversary for 2014 on Xbox*

• 48 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

*One

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/13/5410222/master-chief-voice-actor-says-halo-2-anniversary-edition-coming-this

A Halo 2 anniversary edition will release this year to coincide with the game's tenth anniversary, according to Master Chief voice actor Steve Downes, who added thatHalo 5 won't launch until 2015.

"I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5," Downes told GameZone, who was unable to share the games' developers or expected platforms. "I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."

However, Polygon was able to reach out to MS and got this:

"We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon.

Oh oh? Halo 5 (questionable) and Halo 2 (good) in the same year? 2014 could be a very interesting year. Already tons of games are coming out. Hopefully they are saving some for 2015.

With that said, Halo 5 could make or break the series for many people. in fact, I made a thread previously where most people voted that Halo 5 is 343's last chance or they leave Halo for ever, with still a good portion saying Halo 4 killed it.

Halo 2 Anniversary how ever, i can't see how they can screw that up at least.

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 HiraiKazuo
Member since 2013 • 283 Posts

Hopefully it'll help boost Xbox sales getting beat 2:1 in it's home territory isn't good.

Although Halo isn't much of a system seller.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

How you go from this: "We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon." and this, "I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5,""I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."

To saying 5 is releasing this year is beyond me.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@HiraiKazuo said:

Hopefully it'll help boost Xbox sales getting beat 2:1 in it's home territory isn't good.

lol, really?

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Will Halo 2 have the good, classic halo multiplayer? Or just be the crap new multiplayer on the old maps?

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HiraiKazuo

@shawn30 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

lol, really?

Remind me How many consoles did Halo 4 move?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Neogaf was right about an Xbox rumour(?) That never happens!

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Halo 2, as fantastic as the game was, if only Bungie could have been allowed to spend another couple of months finishing it...

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Yes Halo 2 will be great. I hope they do it on the one. Surely it can do 1080 on that.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@VendettaRed07 said:

Will Halo 2 have the good, classic halo multiplayer? Or just be the crap new multiplayer on the old maps?

Probably the second like how they did Halo 1 HD...pretty disappointing to me, but I luckily still have my original Halos.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Apparently, he has no clue about a Halo 2 Anniversary edition. Link.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SolidTy
@Chutebox said:

How you go from this: "We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon." and this, "I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5,""I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."

You are right and I thought the same thing. He hasn't fixed his misleading titles in the past though, so I'm not sure we should expect much here either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Milk Milk Milk dat halo

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I have little faith in 343's ability to carry the torch.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Ughhh.... Halo.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Why would the voice actor have a clue? They reused all the original voice recordings in Combat Evolved Anniversary.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

Why would the voice actor have a clue? They reused all the original voice recordings in Combat Evolved Anniversary.

No clue. Unless they were planning on doing new audio recordings for this game, which seems unlikely.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@HiraiKazuo said:

@shawn30 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

lol, really?

Halo 4 debuted Year 7 of Xbox 360's life. Halo 3 sold very, very good and powered the system forward with strong console sales. How many PS4's did Last of Us sell, lol. That's no knock against the quality of that game, but the effect of the PS4 being at the end of its life cycle as well. Halo is an event game, but 4 being at the end of the systems life wasn't gonna add much to the lifetime sales. Halo 5 will mimic Halo 3 (if the quality is there) Halo 3 was the first next gen Halo and set the stage. MS knows how important Halo is as its the backbone of Xbox. That's why it was delayed, likely to ensure it is the very best it can be. To say that a Halo game is not a system sell, when each game sells nearly 6+ milion is a joke.

Halo 4 sold 8.9 million copies on 360 only

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 sold 12.5 over 3 platforms. Halo is a monster franchise and it sells systems no doubt, short and long-term.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jakandsigz

@HiraiKazuo said:

@shawn30 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

lol, really?

Halo 4 was on a system with an install base over over 70 million. What kind of nonsense question is this?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

is this for xbox one only? or 360 as well?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Halo 5 was never ever coming this year, don't know why people expected as much.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jakandsigz

@KBFloYd said:

is this for xbox one only? or 360 as well?

I believe it's just for Xbox One as all the 360 rumors are conflicted. Although I don't see why not to put Halo 2 ANN on 360. Well, I suppose to boost more X1 sales.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jakandsigz

@RR360DD said:

Halo 5 was never ever coming this year, don't know why people expected as much.

Except MS literally saying that the next Halo Journey will be in 2014.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

Halo 2, as fantastic as the game was, if only Bungie could have been allowed to spend another couple of months finishing it...

Not since RAGE has a game felt like they just STOPPED all work on it and then pushed it to release.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jakandsigz

@Chutebox said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Chutebox said:

@Jakandsigz: It's amazing what a complete fucking idiot you are. Honestly, it amazes me. Carry on, though. Idiot.

I am not the idiot, you are the freaking moron who can't read in the freaking context of the damn link in the Op. Go cry.

Listen you brain dead twat. I'll say this one time. ALL they said was a Halo "journey" (aka, a game) is coming out this year. THAT'S IT. You being the brain dead, attention seeker you are, somehow took at hat as Halo 5. If they both were coming out this year, they wouldn't have said it in singular tense. Now that I've pointed out what a complete moron you are, I will carry on.

No you are pretty damn special.

You are stuck here because you are ill, and so is Desmonic, who is equally stupid: ""I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5," Downes told GameZone, who was unable to share the games' developers or expected platforms. "I wouldn't expect anything until 2015.What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."

Look at all the things I put in bold for you. All this guys knows is Halo 2 ANN is 2014. He know nothing else. now use your brain to move forward.

Look here:"We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon."

What other Journey could it possible be? The "Next" journey can't be an "old" game that has already been rumored for 2014 for ever. Halo Spartan Assualt is also already out. Most likely, THiS GAME is Halo 5. If you include all the text from the article in the OP it's even more obvious it's referring to HALO 5. They used the same "next Halo Journey" talk for Halo 4.

How you can be this incredibly crazy is beyond me to argue with me over being completely wrong based on what's literally in front of you. You and Desmonic most be from the same west Virginian family. Even comments on links that reference THE SAME article are talking about it possibly being in 2014 so it's clear you are alone here.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I hope it is just Halo 2 this year. 2 Halo games would burn me out on the series for a while. Hold Halo 5 until 2015 with Gears in 2016. Mix in Forza Horizon and Fable with some new and revived ips like Crimson Skies and I'll be happy.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

POLYGON

"We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon

polygon is the Microsoft representative in case you guys didn't know,

but on the real,

when they say "the next halo journey"

is a bit to vague, if it was halo 5 they would've said straight up.

they are going to release a beta that is why

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@SolidTy said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

Probably the second like how they did Halo 1 HD...pretty disappointing to me, but I luckily still have my original Halos.

They won't be able to do that since halo 4 is on last gen consoles and halo 2 already supported onlie multiplayer in the first place unlike halo ce.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jakandsigz

@killatwill15 said:

POLYGON

"We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon

polygon is the Microsoft representative in case you guys didn't know,

but on the real,

when they say "the next halo journey"

is a bit to vague, if it was halo 5 they would've said straight up.

they are going to release a beta that is why

Halo 5 beta for 2014 is possible.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SolidTy

@super600 said:
@SolidTy said:

@VendettaRed07 said:

They won't be able to do that since halo 4 is on last gen consoles and halo 2 already supported onlie multiplayer in the first place unlike halo ce.

We'll see how it plays out, I don't have confidence with 343 that others may have after Halo HD, especially with redoing Bungie games. They may surprise me, but I'm not counting on it. I expect them to slap on the current MP du jour again, but I would prefer they didn't. I have more hope for their standalone Halo 5, although I didn't love their Halo 4 either.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SolidTy
@Jakandsigz said:

@Chutebox said:

@SolidTy said:

@Chutebox said:

You are right and I thought the same thing. He hasn't fixed his misleading titles in the past though, so I'm not sure we should expect much here either.

@Desmonic said:
@Chutebox said:

How you go from this:

"We can confirm your next Halo journey will begin in 2014, but beyond that we don't have any details to share at this time," a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon." and this, "I think you may be ahead of yourself on Halo 5,""I wouldn't expect anything until 2015. What you can look forward to this year is an anniversary edition of Halo 2."

This.

The heck happened TC?

All of you are stupid. (especially SolidTy) read in the order that the OP is presented to you. The Guy said we would only get Halo 2 this year, later Polygon reached out to Microsoft and said the next Halo journey (5) will be in 2014 but they have no more info available.

now I know you have mental issues that prevent you from reading from top to bottom, or clicking on the link in the page bu eh.

Lol, you with the adorable name-calling. It's cute. They grow up so fast.

*pinches cheek*

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Halo 2 HD edition for 2014, Halo 5 for 2015, Halo 3 full HD edition for 2016, Halo ODST Full HD edition for 2017, Halo 6 for 2018. "Lets rehash old shit instead of creating a new franchise" MS 2014.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@HiraiKazuo said:

You're a crazy person.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

lol, really?

oh hey shawn, how are u doing pal? hahhaha why havnt u shown ur face in the other thread after another ridiculous prediction?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Really dont want Halo2, but dont want them to rush halo 5 either.

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Halo 2 HD edition for 2014, Halo 5 for 2015, Halo 3 full HD edition for 2016, Halo ODST Full HD edition for 2017, Halo 6 for 2018. "Lets rehash old shit instead of creating a new franchise" MS 2014.

Umm...

Below (Capy Games, Microsoft Studios)

D4 (Access Games, Microsoft Studios)

Quantum Break (Remedy, Microsoft Studios)

Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)

Sunset Overdrive (Insomniac Games, Microsoft Studios)

Project Spark (Microsoft Studios)

HiraiKazuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HiraiKazuo

@ghostwarrior786: because you owned his monkey ass

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

If the Halo 2 anniversary actually has its own online multiplayer, and it is kept the same as Halo 2's, then I would actually be kind of interested. Otherwise Meh.

I'm kind of interested in Halo 5, although not as much as I was for halo 4 before it's release since Halo 4 was kinda disappointing.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

I love how TC gets fooled by MS' clever spins. "Next Halo journey begins in 2014."

They use wording like that specifically for people like the TC.