Halo 4 dropped from MLG like hot garbage: BLOPS2 superiority confirmed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by xscrapzx (6388 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

The aim assist is the same for everyone, thus it does nothing to limit the competitveness of the games. Black Ops II, however, has lag in split screen as well as over LAN. There is advantage/disadvantage time travel lag built into the game because Treyarch are incompetent.

Hell ya there is lag. That is so frustrating!

Time travel lag? Isnt it a glitch, because my audio got cut out with it once as well.

I didn't even see the time travel part, I was just talking about the lag in general. Even on a great connection there have been plenty of times when I go and shoot someone with my cross hairs right on them and nothing happens and I die. This happens more times often than not.
#202 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

The aim assist is the same for everyone, thus it does nothing to limit the competitveness of the games. Black Ops II, however, has lag in split screen as well as over LAN. There is advantage/disadvantage time travel lag built into the game because Treyarch are incompetent.

Sir-I_exCalibur

Hell ya there is lag. That is so frustrating!

Time travel lag? Isnt it a glitch, because my audio got cut out with it once as well.

Nah, just my way of saying the lag is atrocious, because someone will see you long before their avatar will show itself to you. The game is just broken at its core due to absolutely horrendous netcode coupled with a disparity of player camera/avatar positioning.

#203 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Hell ya there is lag. That is so frustrating!xscrapzx

I didn't even see the time travel part, I was just talking about the lag in general. Even on a great connection there have been plenty of times when I go and shoot someone with my cross hairs right on them and nothing happens and I die. This happens more times often than not.

It hasnt been that bad for me, you must be playing it on xbl?
#204 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Time travel lag? Isnt it a glitch, because my audio got cut out with it once as well.Sir-I_exCalibur

The lag is the same on both. It was better on PSN when it came out, but something happened since then.

Full bars for everyone, yet the lag is disgusting. Treyarch's CoD's are always laggier than IW's, but this is so much worse than normal.

#205 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (752 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] I didn't even see the time travel part, I was just talking about the lag in general. Even on a great connection there have been plenty of times when I go and shoot someone with my cross hairs right on them and nothing happens and I die. This happens more times often than not.Pug-Nasty

The lag is the same on both. It was better on PSN when it came out, but something happened since then.

Full bars for everyone, yet the lag is disgusting. Treyarch's CoD's are always laggier than IW's, but this is so much worse than normal.

I agree, it's actually why i quit playing BloPs 1 online. This one is a little bit better though, actually playable.
#206 Posted by DarkLink77 (31686 posts) -
[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Wow this kid is ignorant. There are bans in LoL, and the top top teams have remained top teams since pretty much forever, the meta changed, patches came and went, new champs were released and the top teams remained top teams. League is an incredible game competitive wise, that's all it is, there is no single player, it's a competitive game at it's root.

Compared to something like StarCraft, League of Legends is a joke. It's always been about the metagame, and what champions are good, which items and runes are good, and which one aren't. And no, the teams from Season 1 are not topping now. It's a completely different game. I like Legue, but it's not a really competitive game like StarCraft or Quake or Counter-Strike is.

WRONG. The teams that usually win the big events are the ones that BREAK the metagame, that come with something new, M5 with their counter jungling back in season 2, or the korean tower rushing, or the aggressive support style back in season 1. The metagame is simply the most effective STANDARD way to play the game, high level tournaments feature the best players in the world, that practice 12 hours a day off stream and show up with picks, builds and strats people don't expect. M5 is a prime example of that. Also starcraft is a 1v1 game, LoL is a team game, it doesn't compare. It's ignorant to claim LoL is a bad competitive game, it's the definition of an ultra competitive team game, 6 bans, counter picks, over 100 champs, tons of build variance and strats, late game, early agression, lane swaping, counter jungling, global strat, poke, split push. And even with all the variance the top teams are always at the top because they understand the game, they see things coming, they create new strats first. It isn't "oh herp I play olaf, olaf is OP this patch so my team will win the next big tournament." It's not even close to how it works. Teams will just ban him if they don't have first pick, counter him if they can deal with him or first pick him...

Eh, I disagree. I consider an ultra competitive game to be something like StarCraft or Quake or CS, like I said. But whatever, if you like League, more power to you.
#207 Posted by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"] Hell ya there is lag. That is so frustrating!xscrapzx

i played a good few hours of BLOPS2.

I think the time travel crap he is on about, is where you shoot someone as they charge around a corner, then you die bizarrely, watch the killcam and it shows them coming round a corner and nailing you before you even aimed your weapon.. WTF is that? crap thats what it is.

back to the shop wnet my copy of BLOPS 2.

#208 Posted by tormentos (16730 posts) -

It's easy: it is far easier to get cheap kills in CoD than it is Halo. In CoD games:

• The damage threshold is so low, that you can kill anyone in 1 second.
  • The first to shoot almost always gets the kill
  • You don't have to shoot accurately, you can do just fine with a "spray and pray" shooting style
  • You can set mines (bouncing bettys in BO2), claymores, etc. for booby-trap kills
  • You can camp. You can camp in corners, behind counters, lying on the ground at the end of a corridor, etc.

With Halo 4, you have to use strategy and skill to get kills.

• The damage threshold is much higher; 5-6 seconds to kill an opponent
  • Accurate shooting is a necessity - firing first is not enough
  • There is vehicle combat
  • There are no "cheap kill" booby traps.
  • The maps are not flat (armor abilities and vehicles stretch the vertical)

Most competitive gaming is done using quick refelexes and "knowing the tricks". That fits perfectly with CoD games. Halo games require a bit more skill, and have far less tricks.

StormyJoe
It doesn't have to do with that at all.. In fact i have see some incredibly skill players on COD,this aren't your average joe which you kill with 1 shot,in fact i have several friends highly ranked,and this people don't even camp,and you see them get 70 kills,while they die 10 if killing someone is so easy how they get such a high kill to death ratio.? Halo isn't as rewarding as COD is,is not as fresh either or fun,and is not because it takes more time to kill some one,the game just feels old vs COD.
#209 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"] It doesn't have to do with that at all.. In fact i have see some incredibly skill players on COD,this aren't your average joe which you kill with 1 shot,in fact i have several friends highly ranked,and this people don't even camp,and you see them get 70 kills,while they die 10 if killing someone is so easy how they get such a high kill to death ratio.? Halo isn't as rewarding as COD is,is not as fresh either or fun,and is not because it takes more time to kill some one,the game just feels old vs COD.

Kill streaks, SMGs, mines, etc.
#210 Posted by sonny2dap (1280 posts) -
Halo 4 failed because it stopped being Halo, halo2/3 map control and knowledge were just as important as actually being able to play the game a good halo team could lock down entire areas of the map forcing the opposition to do what they want , reach/4 destroyed that, 343 thought hey COD's pretty popular lets copy that failing to realise if people want to play cod they will play cod not halo.
#211 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

[x]Mario avatar [x]High post count [x]Is on a gaming forumEddie-Vedder

Says the guy who likes Eddie Vedder.

#212 Posted by tormentos (16730 posts) -
[QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="tormentos"] It doesn't have to do with that at all.. In fact i have see some incredibly skill players on COD,this aren't your average joe which you kill with 1 shot,in fact i have several friends highly ranked,and this people don't even camp,and you see them get 70 kills,while they die 10 if killing someone is so easy how they get such a high kill to death ratio.? Halo isn't as rewarding as COD is,is not as fresh either or fun,and is not because it takes more time to kill some one,the game just feels old vs COD.

Yeah because is easy to kill 20 persons or more without dieing to get K9 or a swarm.. Even worst on black ops 2 case most score streak will add little to your main one,actual kills from guns will ad greatly,even using hardline you have to kill like 4 people to get a UAV,1 kill in death match is 100 points,UAV is 450 point need it,once you active the UAV it gives you 10 points for each kill your team mate do while your UAV is on the air,to get the equivalent of 1 gun kill your team mates have to kill at least 10 people,the flying drone gives you 20 points when you kill some one many times it miss it,also getting a UAV up don't warranty any points,i tend to shot them down as fast as they show,meaning the person who trow it got nothing. To be able to get to the score streaks that do give you allot more kills you have to kill many people without dying.
#213 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7776 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

[x]Mario avatar [x]High post count [x]Is on a gaming forumsonic1564

Says the guy who likes Eddie Vedder.

Was that supposed to be a virgin insult? :lol: LOL
#214 Posted by 1-UPking82 (101 posts) -
I don't do MLG so I don't care, I find it to be kind of a joke. But while I did enjoy Halo 4, it still felt like a step back for the series in my eyes. Sure it got pretty graphics, but at what cost? It doesn't have as many features as past Halo installments and the multiplayer is just the same as every other shooter now. And the campaign was over in a blink. IMO Halo Reach was the best Halo for this gen. Black Ops 2 was fun but didn't wow me either, Far Cry 3 was the best shooter of last year.
#215 Posted by Iantheone (8242 posts) -
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Iantheone"][QUOTE="tormentos"] It doesn't have to do with that at all.. In fact i have see some incredibly skill players on COD,this aren't your average joe which you kill with 1 shot,in fact i have several friends highly ranked,and this people don't even camp,and you see them get 70 kills,while they die 10 if killing someone is so easy how they get such a high kill to death ratio.? Halo isn't as rewarding as COD is,is not as fresh either or fun,and is not because it takes more time to kill some one,the game just feels old vs COD.

Yeah because is easy to kill 20 persons or more without dieing to get K9 or a swarm.. Even worst on black ops 2 case most score streak will add little to your main one,actual kills from guns will ad greatly,even using hardline you have to kill like 4 people to get a UAV,1 kill in death match is 100 points,UAV is 450 point need it,once you active the UAV it gives you 10 points for each kill your team mate do while your UAV is on the air,to get the equivalent of 1 gun kill your team mates have to kill at least 10 people,the flying drone gives you 20 points when you kill some one many times it miss it,also getting a UAV up don't warranty any points,i tend to shot them down as fast as they show,meaning the person who trow it got nothing. To be able to get to the score streaks that do give you allot more kills you have to kill many people without dying.

Or have a high ping and use SMGs. Sure you have to be good, but you dont have to be MLG good to get those kinds of scores
#216 Posted by com2006 (590 posts) -
Halo 4 failed because it stopped being Halo, halo2/3 map control and knowledge were just as important as actually being able to play the game a good halo team could lock down entire areas of the map forcing the opposition to do what they want , reach/4 destroyed that, 343 thought hey COD's pretty popular lets copy that failing to realise if people want to play cod they will play cod not halo.sonny2dap
4 has got it right adding in that randomness something you have in real life means you have to expand your skill set become good with every weapon you get hold of. Rather than join a team who all just lock down a map and hold onto to all the power weapons which makes the game boring for both sides, 4 takes more skill because you are forever having to change your tactics more so compared to the other games.
#217 Posted by super600 (30110 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonny2dap"]Halo 4 failed because it stopped being Halo, halo2/3 map control and knowledge were just as important as actually being able to play the game a good halo team could lock down entire areas of the map forcing the opposition to do what they want , reach/4 destroyed that, 343 thought hey COD's pretty popular lets copy that failing to realise if people want to play cod they will play cod not halo.com2006
4 has got it right adding in that randomness something you have in real life means you have to expand your skill set become good with every weapon you get hold of. Rather than join a team who all just lock down a map and hold onto to all the power weapons which makes the game boring for both sides, 4 takes more skill because you are forever having to change your tactics more so compared to the other games.

But the game is way too random with the JIP system and the ordinance drops, but it's still fun.

#218 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Crappy, failing sony has nothing that can even remotely touch the greatness of Halo 4. FACT.

#219 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

I thought that Black Ops 2's superiority was fairly obvious. Halo 4 is a mediocre Halo game, while Blops 2 is one of the best CoDs in years.

#220 Posted by super600 (30110 posts) -

I thought that Black Ops 2's superiority was fairly obvious. Halo 4 is a mediocre Halo game, while Blops 2 is one of the best CoDs in years.

Master_ShakeXXX

:lol:

#221 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX

If you like games made for skilless casuals. I could get a kill streak in the latest CoD games with a blindfold on and a hand tied behind my back. Of cousre if you suck at gaming I'm sure this casual fest geared for mom's, uncles, butchers and nun's (just like in the commercial)is just what the doctor ordered.

#222 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

super600

What's so funny? It's true.

#223 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

What's so funny? It's true.

Your jokes are funny.

#224 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6234 posts) -

lol "e-sports" hahahaha

#225 Posted by speedfog (2969 posts) -

TC: better then a ps3 exclusive.

#226 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I didn't think a thread with such a misleading title would have lasted so long.

Cowspot confirmed :cool: