Halo 3's A.I (New info)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Well, before I leave tonight, I'd like to leave you guys with a bit of new info from Bungie's Weekly Update, which coincidentally concerns what we've all been wondering about, Halo 3's A.I:

Frank and I have been spending a bit of time playing System Link Co-Op, in addition to our semi-regular multiplayer sessions and on numerous occasions lately we've witnessed brand new behaviors from Halo 3's principle foe - the Brutes. In Halo 3's final stages, Brutes have begun to think. They've become acutely aware of you and your location, so much, in fact, that in areas where you are above them, they've begun to climb. Reaching up with their giant arms, they pull themselves up to your elevation, blast their way through your marine buddies and if you're lucky you might turn around in time to hear the squishy thud of a spike grenade ripping through your MJOLNIR armor.

Another way the Brutes continue to prove to me that they are in fact, smarter than I am, is in their ability to adapt and adjust to situations on the fly. Future Halo 3-owners can look forward to scads of moments where they'll believe they are about to execute some grand strategy, only to have a Brute or a pack of Brutes show up and foil your plan, using the exact correct countermeasures. As fun as Halo and Halo 2's Elites are to fight, the Brutes in Halo 3 have shaped up into something really special. I've had more fun fighting them, than any foe in previous Halo games. [Me too, I like 'em better than Elites, for fighting- last minute Frankie departing thought.]

September 25th is getting closer.

But yet, September 25th is so far away.

Bring on the epic WIN.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Love Halo.

but I focuse most of my attention on your sig
BK-Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 BK-Sleeper
Member since 2006 • 2686 Posts
That's scary. A future sign of the Terminator movie becoming reality?
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
some people don't realise this game will be very good.
Reyes360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Reyes360
Member since 2007 • 2866 Posts

some people don't realise this game will be very good.furtherfan

honestly I am looking foward to it more than any other game and that wasnt true 3 months ago. The hype around it and everything really has me wanting this game more and more. I know Bungie is gonna deliver.

smallcaplegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 smallcaplegend
Member since 2006 • 3083 Posts
sounds......awesome
H3llstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 H3llstrike
Member since 2006 • 1877 Posts
Good read thanks TC...
furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts

[QUOTE="furtherfan"]some people don't realise this game will be very good.Reyes360

honestly I am looking foward to it more than any other game and that wasnt true 3 months ago. The hype around it and everything really has me wanting this game more and more. I know Bungie is gonna deliver.

yep, and i'm not even a Halo fan. i just KNOW this game is gonna be quality.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Sounds nice.
Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

AHhhh, more Halo 3 goodness!

OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
im tire of it seriously whats so hard about giving a demosntration!!!!!just like any other game writting sbout it is one thing but showing it is another
GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 GKinnel
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts

Sounds coo. Cuz I remember beatin' Halo2 with one of my homeboys way to fast.

But I don't think those AI will touch the AI that's in Resistance: FOM

Zandeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Zandeus
Member since 2006 • 3124 Posts

im tire of it seriously whats so hard about giving a demosntration!!!!!just like any other game writting sbout it is one thing but showing it is anotherOldParr

we're tired of you!

Avatar image for Smoke_ManMuscle
Smoke_ManMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Smoke_ManMuscle
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

GKinnel

Topping Resistance won't be hard, considering it wasn't exactly the best when it came out.

GKinnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 GKinnel
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts
[QUOTE="GKinnel"]

Smoke_ManMuscle

Topping Resistance won't be hard, considering it wasn't exactly the best when it came out.

I dunno man. The AI with R:FoM was tough. Toughest I've played in a long time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Halo has always had fairly good AI for a fps. Since the days of Halo CE, I've always been impressed. I would expect Halo 3 to continue and expand upon this area.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Sounds Noice!

Wonder if the end result will be as good as FEARs.

JackBurton28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JackBurton28
Member since 2006 • 442 Posts

Sounds Noice!

skrat_01

Fear on pc was really really good. I heard the 360 version wasn't as good but ports usually end up that way anyways (played Condemened on pc and didn't like the controls at all)

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

Sounds Noice!

JackBurton28

Fear on pc was really really good. I heard the 360 version wasn't as good but ports usually end up that way anyways (played Condemened on pc and didn't like the controls at all)

Yeah, I remember playing the AI on hard on the 360 and sometimes they would just stand there. That had something to do with why it was a one day rental.
Goldensun48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Goldensun48
Member since 2006 • 1181 Posts
[QUOTE="Smoke_ManMuscle"][QUOTE="GKinnel"]

GKinnel

I dunno man. The AI with R:FoM was tough. Toughest I've played in a long time.

Yeah i have to say Resistance AI was pretty tough, but you need to play some more games:).

_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts
I'm hyping this game AAAA. And if it doesn't get AAAA, it will probably be because there aren't enought multiplayer maps :( only 10 or 11 as of now. Halo 3 is going to deliver. Neverming teh AAAA, more like a 9.5
TMontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 TMontana1004
Member since 2007 • 4537 Posts

Lmao and PS3 gamers say Killzone 2 will be better? Nice try! *gives high five*

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Sounds good. Key word sounds good. Give me a demonstration. Lots of people say that the AI is awesome and they promise really intelligent AI. Then when it comes out its not like anything they said. Seems cool though. Its not that insane. I consider enemies that have to adjust to surrounding and then adjust again because there cover was blown up and move to a new location. Or decide that they are going to die and just rush you. Or send in for backup with jeeps with guns or attack helicoptors. Or just more troops. To me thats good AI.
_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Sounds good. Key word sounds good. Give me a demonstration. Lots of people say that the AI is awesome and they promise really intelligent AI. Then when it comes out its not like anything they said. Seems cool though. Its not that insane. I consider enemies that have to adjust to surrounding and then adjust again because there cover was blown up and move to a new location. Or decide that they are going to die and just rush you. Or send in for backup with jeeps with guns or attack helicoptors. Or just more troops. To me thats good AI.Killfox

The brutes in Halo 3 will be just as smart as you described above.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

[QUOTE="Killfox"]Sounds good. Key word sounds good. Give me a demonstration. Lots of people say that the AI is awesome and they promise really intelligent AI. Then when it comes out its not like anything they said. Seems cool though. Its not that insane. I consider enemies that have to adjust to surrounding and then adjust again because there cover was blown up and move to a new location. Or decide that they are going to die and just rush you. Or send in for backup with jeeps with guns or attack helicoptors. Or just more troops. To me thats good AI._KenKittyragi_

Yeah the game im talking about is crysis. If you didnt get the hint that everything i said is what the AI does in crysis. Crysis AI >>>> Halo3 AI. Its already been proven and we can actually see it. Its not just someone telling me this. Yeah im to bad halo3 doesnt have destructable environments so how is the brutes AI going to be better than crysis. Ai that has to adjust to its surroundings in fully destructable environments is amazing. That cant really be said about halo3 AI.

AquaMantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 AquaMantor
Member since 2004 • 7571 Posts

QFT

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts

im tire of it seriously whats so hard about giving a demosntration!!!!!just like any other game writting sbout it is one thing but showing it is anotherOldParr

You do realize, Bungie has freaking spoiled us this time right? Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 didn't get nearly the amount of attention before they launched. Bungie knows what's best for their games, Halo 3 will exceed everyones expectations, because people have come to the assumption it won't be good because the graphics aren't mind blowing, which we have no idea of how good they really are.

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

Uch, how awsome it sounds, its still coming from Bungie, and the way he says it is corny, as if he doesnt know the Scripts written for the BrutesR-Dot-Yung

He doesn't...he's the PR guy.

I'm hyping this game AAAA. And if it doesn't get AAAA, it will probably be because there aren't enought multiplayer maps :( only 10 or 11 as of now. Halo 3 is going to deliver. Neverming teh AAAA, more like a 9.5_KenKittyragi_

They have said the game will have 15 or more maps.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Halo AI is always tough when you bump it up to herioic or legendary. especially legendary.

Halo 1 is almost impossible to beat that game on legendary alone.

Halo 2 still hard

Halo 3 looks like it will be tougher than both.
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="_KenKittyragi_"]

[QUOTE="Killfox"]Sounds good. Key word sounds good. Give me a demonstration. Lots of people say that the AI is awesome and they promise really intelligent AI. Then when it comes out its not like anything they said. Seems cool though. Its not that insane. I consider enemies that have to adjust to surrounding and then adjust again because there cover was blown up and move to a new location. Or decide that they are going to die and just rush you. Or send in for backup with jeeps with guns or attack helicoptors. Or just more troops. To me thats good AI.Killfox

Yeah the game im talking about is crysis. If you didnt get the hint that everything i said is what the AI does in crysis. Crysis AI >>>> Halo3 AI. Its already been proven and we can actually see it. Its not just someone telling me this. Yeah im to bad halo3 doesnt have destructable environments so how is the brutes AI going to be better than crysis. Ai that has to adjust to its surroundings in fully destructable environments is amazing. That cant really be said about halo3 AI.

Yeah, Crysis AI is definently more advanced and muc harder to develop because the enviroment is huge and dynamic. Crysis uses an interesting way to deal with it though. The enviroment and objects in the enviroment actually communicate with the AI. So the enviroment actually has AI also. The only game that uses this technique is The Sims. If Halo 3's AI is what they say it is, it should be pretty good.

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

Halo AI is always tough when you bump it up to herioic or legendary. especially legendary.

Halo 2 still hard

Halo 3 looks like it will be tougher than both. jg4xchamp

Halo 3 is easier on Legendry apparently, because it's less unfair.

Besides, just because the game is hard does not mean it has good A.I!

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts

People always bash Halo for having bad graphics, but to quote a common cliche. It's what's inside that counts. Halo 3 is shaping up to be an incredibly well made game.

dgroundwater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dgroundwater
Member since 2005 • 924 Posts
I'm sure the AI will be awesome. I'm also sure Bungie has also commented on why there will be little destructibility in the environments. It has to do with things like balance of gameplay. How breaking walls and objects would ruin the balance of the game.
redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]Halo AI is always tough when you bump it up to herioic or legendary. especially legendary.

Halo 2 still hard

Halo 3 looks like it will be tougher than both. Raidea

Halo 3 is easier on Legendry apparently, because it's less unfair.

Besides, just because the game is hard does not mean it has good A.I!

Just becuase the jackle Snipers will be less frequant. The difficulty changes will be more to do with what the AI does, instead of just having a godly aim.