Halo 2 Anniversary new trailer!

#1 Edited by Stringerboy (7204 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgLj-vXmrmM

#2 Edited by clyde46 (46997 posts) -

I might just have to get an X1 to get this collection.

#3 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -

If that is real time graphics, that is a full reimagining of the game. What an effort on 343's part. I'm starting to think they are more talented graphics artists than Bungie based on Destiny.

Can't wait for gameplay.

#4 Posted by clyde46 (46997 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

If that is real time graphics, that is a full reimagining of the game. What an effort on 343's part. I'm starting to think they are more talented graphics artists than Bungie based on Destiny.

Can't wait for gameplay.

It said "Cinematic" trailer so I don't think so. Looks like the same engine they used for the Halo Wars cut-scenes.

#5 Posted by silversix_ (15293 posts) -

wtf is up with everyone's face?

#6 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@clyde46 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Can't wait for gameplay.

It said "Cinematic" trailer so I don't think so. Looks like the same engine they used for the Halo Wars cut-scenes.

Yeah that was on the back of my mind also. But i expect Halo 5 to look superficially like that trailer graphically.

#7 Posted by gameofthering (10398 posts) -

Are there two Halo 2 games getting released?

#8 Posted by kinectthedots (2229 posts) -

Impressive CGI, too bad that's all it was. MS has always been good at presenting trailers that were nothing like the actual game they were advertising.

#9 Posted by WeepsForFools (551 posts) -

@gameofthering: it's a part of the Master Chief Collection

#10 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@kinectthedots said:

Impressive CGI, too bad that's all it was. MS has always been good at presenting trailers that were nothing like the actual game they were advertising.

Based on how Halo 4 looks on 360, I don't see how Halo 5 will be that far behind this trailer graphically.

I know one thing, I'm not doubting them. 343 are talented when it comes to graphics.

#11 Posted by kinectthedots (2229 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@kinectthedots said:

Based on how Halo 4 looks on 360, I don't see how Halo 5 will be that far behind this trailer graphically.

I know one thing, I'm not doubting them. 343 are talented when it comes to graphics.

I am just talking about the trailer man. I am not making any projections about Halo 5 or anything like that.

#12 Edited by Wasdie (50362 posts) -

They CGI'd all of the cutscenes of Halo 2.

[DESIRE TO PLAY INTENSIFIES]

Also the graphics are the least of my care about this collection. It's Halo 1, 2,, 3, 4 all 1080p60, with Halo 1 and Halo 2 brought up to probably Halo 3's level of graphics all strung together in a single game where you can play the entire campaign from start to finish, mix and match missions, and play the original multiplayer of each title online. If you love Halo, there is no reason not to buy this.

If there is a Master Chief special edition Xbox One for this release, I'm getting it without question.

I really wish this included Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach. I hope they are expansion packs or something, that would be just the best.

#13 Posted by WeepsForFools (551 posts) -

@Wasdie:

agreed.. Reach's space battles.. ahhhh would be amazing.

#14 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10615 posts) -

OMG!

#15 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -

Looks like Xbox might have themselves a Naughty Dog.

But lets see them make their own IP first...

#16 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17291 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

wtf is up with everyone's face?

Yup, the face at 0:22 looks horrible and non-human and the eyes look really, really off

#17 Edited by Wasdie (50362 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

This was all clearly CGI.

That said, Halo 4 looked damn good on the Xbox 360 so I can imagine Halo 5 is going to look amazing on the Xbox One. They've got some strong talent working for them.

#18 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10615 posts) -

@Wasdie: Might look like this

#19 Edited by WeepsForFools (551 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: what difference does that make?

#20 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6015 posts) -

I hope ODST and Reach get there own collection... those 2 are some of my favorite Halo games. Still looking forward to this.

#21 Posted by Wasdie (50362 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Oh god I hope not, that's ugly.

#22 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@WeepsForFools said:

@scottpsfan14: what difference does that make?

Would just be impressive if that was in game thats all. But I don't doubt it will look fantastic.

#23 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10615 posts) -

@Wasdie: They are giving some of these and other custom designs away...so could change if there is an actual bundle.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/19/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one-limited-edition-console/

#24 Edited by silversix_ (15293 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

its like they've put some stickers on it and call it a day. so limited edition.

#25 Edited by blackace (21234 posts) -

Must have game. The fact that it will come with 3 other full games, plus the Halo series and Halo 5 beta is well worth it's price.

#26 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

This was all clearly CGI.

That said, Halo 4 looked damn good on the Xbox 360 so I can imagine Halo 5 is going to look amazing on the Xbox One. They've got some strong talent working for them.

That's what I said before. Halo 5 will look superficially like that trailer graphically. Of course, it won't be identicle down to the exact quality of the CGI, but they will get close to the end user I imagine. And yes, 343 are very good.

#27 Posted by blackace (21234 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

You mean like Sony? lol!! How many of Sony's E3 trailers turned out to be not gameplay or downgraded severly. Some of their E3 CGI trailer games disappeared completely, never to be heard from again. Halo 5's gameplay will probably look better then that.

#28 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8812 posts) -

Funny, I'm about to start playing Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary.

#29 Posted by Vaasman (11686 posts) -

Uh, I hope the faces are fixed up by launch. These looked... really off. Damn good otherwise, but man that bothered me.

#30 Posted by Wasdie (50362 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

That's what I said before. Halo 5 will look superficially like that trailer graphically. Of course, it won't be identicle down to the exact quality of the CGI, but they will get close to the end user I imagine. And yes, 343 are very good.

I wouldn't go that far. It'll look good, but not that good. We're still a decade off from those graphics on the most powerful PCs yet. You'll need to be able to run 4-8k resolutions and downscale to 1080p before you can get that kind of sharpness and quality.

#31 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@blackace said:

@kinectthedots said:

You mean like Sony? lol!! How many of Sony's E3 trailers turned out to be not gameplay or downgraded severly. Some of their E3 CGI trailer games disappeared completely, never to be heard from again. Halo 5's gameplay will probably look better then that.

You are the strangest 'manticore'. I'd rather you just stop lying. It isn't working.

Also, Halo 5 will not beat a pre rendered CGI on super computers lol. But It will look amazing tbh.

#32 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I wouldn't go that far. It'll look good, but not that good. We're still a decade off from those graphics on the most powerful PCs yet. You'll need to be able to run 4-8k resolutions and downscale to 1080p before you can get that kind of sharpness and quality.

Thats why I said superficially. With many many corners cut in polygons etc. But the fundamental lighting in CGI is going to be used in all 8th gen games, and polygon counts in games are increasing a lot. So, to the end user, Halo 5 just might look somewhere in the realm of this trailer. While technically no where near it. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying every hair strand will be simulated and several million polygon characters will be the norm in Halo 5, I'm simply saying it will blow minds.

It will destroy Killzone SF/Crysis 3 graphically. Thats how confident I am of it.

#33 Posted by blackace (21234 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

That's a step up compared to the ALL GREEN Xbox 360 design that was released several years back. Blech!!! I'd take this over that any day of the week.

#34 Edited by Wasdie (50362 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Thats why I said superficially. With many many corners cut in polygons etc. But the fundamental lighting in CGI is going to be used in all 8th gen games, and polygon counts in games are increasing a lot. So, to the end user, Halo 5 just might look somewhere in the realm of this trailer. While technically no where near it. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying every hair strand will be simulated and several million polygon characters will be the norm in Halo 5, I'm simply saying it will blow minds.

It will destroy Killzone SF/Crysis 3 graphically. Thats how confident I am of it.

"Destroying" what will be 4-year-old and 2-year-old games isn't much to brag about. A lot of upcoming games look much better than those already.

#35 Edited by mems_1224 (47830 posts) -

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

I need to get a Xbone NOW!

#36 Posted by freedomfreak (41918 posts) -

I'm digging this collection, and I'm not even big on Halo.

Halo 2 is the only Halo game I've never played. Wish Microsoft would bring it to 360, like H: Anniversary, so I could have all Halo games on one platform.

Except Halo Wars. I want to check that out, but peeps are like "noooo!"

#37 Posted by silversix_ (15293 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

to play the same games you've been 100000000003 times years ago. Yes need to spend $400 to play dat. Next generation is here. Jump In.

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (47830 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@mems_1224 said:

to play the same games you've been 100000000003 times years ago. Yes need to spend $400 to play dat. Next generation is here. Jump In.

Yup, sure do. I play through the core Halo games at least once a year. Its gonna be great to have them all in one place, each with its original multiplayer.

#39 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@Wasdie said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

"Destroying" what will be a 4 year old and 2 year old game isn't much to brag about. A lot of upcoming games look much better than those already.

You know how many people will disagree with you on this forum?

Some still think Crysis 3 on max 1080p is better graphics than what the next gen consoles will ever achieve.

I just have to clarify things that should seem obvious. If I had said Tomb Raider Legend on PC (6th gen cross gen game) was better graphics than Uncharted 1, I would have been laughed at. But now if you say Infamous, Ryse, or Killzone SF are better graphics than Crysis 3 ( 7th gen game), I'm an idiot all of a sudden.

Any way, TW3, Uncharted 4, The Order, Halo 5 (most likely), Batman AK, Star Citizen all look better than Crysis 3. And are far more advanced graphically.

#40 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

This is too tragic. I feel sorry for the lems, a remaster collection is all that MS can muster in this day, & age.

...but lems do love their yearly halo. lol

#41 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10615 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

This is too tragic. I feel sorry for the lems, a remaster collection is all that MS can muster in this day, & age.

What are you talking about? TLOU:R ring a bell

Being a fanboy is one thing but being totally ignorant is another.

#42 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ladyblue said:

You fit the bill pretty well...

#43 Posted by magicalclick (23257 posts) -

Can't wait to get it. The whole complete MC 4in1. Plus visual upgrade. Totally going to love it.

#44 Edited by Heil68 (46146 posts) -

CGI always looks good, not matter the developer. Lets see some in game footage! Buying regardless.

#45 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10615 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@ladyblue said:

You fit the bill pretty well...

#46 Posted by lundy86_4 (43887 posts) -

I can't wait to play me some Halo 2 in 1080p60... Glorious.

Really cool that they redid all the cutscenes.

#47 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10767 posts) -

That CGI looks phenomenal, though I always liked how Bungie used their engine for the cutscenes.

And for anyone who is curious...

Xbox OG version of Zanzibar:

Xbox One version of Zanzibar:

#48 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7582 posts) -

Makes me wish I had a Xbox One.

#49 Edited by Snugenz (12327 posts) -

I thought that it would likely be Halo 5 that got me interested in an Xbone but this makes buying one much more tempting, it's just an amazing package for a Halo fan.

#50 Posted by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

Sort of like the Killzone 2 trailer?

The most unrepresentative trailer in the history of video games?