Half Life 3 Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Half Life 3. :p

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Honestly at this point sp fps are so BAD that anything valve makes will be top notch.

They dont even have to worry about sales.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

The new ME3 ending where you save the world from the Reapers and take Shepard with you and team up with Master Chief and Batman to take down Kevin Spacey was the best thing ever

Thank you Gaben

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#4 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@dakan45 said:

Honestly at this point sp fps are so BAD that anything valve makes will be top notch.

They won't make it though. I heard latest podcast featuring Geoff Keighly and Gabe Newell and it was disappointing. Valve is too obsessed with Multiplayer F2P games. They said they've evolved from being SP devs who used to release 60$ boxed copy of the game. Now they have other things to take care of other than making games and if they ever returned to their old SP games, they'll try to convert them into something "social".

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Team up with Goku :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

They won't make it though. I heard latest podcast featuring Geoff Keighly and Gabe Newell and it was disappointing. Valve is too obsessed with Multiplayer F2P games. They said they've evolved from being SP devs who used to release 60$ boxed copy of the game. Now they have other things to take care of other than making games and if they ever returned to their old SP games, they'll try to convert them into something "social".

Good... another half life would be mediocre... any rational person can come to this conclusion....

Why make yet another cinematic FPS when you can make good multiplayer games....? they know where the market is....

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cloud_imperium

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

Good... another half life would be mediocre... any rational person can come to this conclusion....

Why make yet another cinematic FPS when you can make good multiplayer games....? they know where the market is....

I know you are a huge multiplayer fan but you shouldn't speak for everyone.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

It's never coming out!

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

LOL pretty good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

I know you are a huge multiplayer fan but you shouldn't speak for everyone.

I'm not speaking for everyone... I'm saying that there are pleanty of FPS experiences out there and Half-Life 3 .... to spend millions on it ... just for people to can after a 10 hour stint is considered largely a waste in comparison to taking MP concepts and running wild with high production values on them.

I can see full well why Valve want nothing to do with Half-Life 3 ..... Half-Life is a series they no longer care about, and thats entirely their choice... not the fans.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

Things change.

There are plenty of great sp focused devs in the industry. DOTA 2 was a huge success so why not ride the wave?

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I must be the only person who finds HL2 overrated.

Would Ilke HL3 to come out? Sure. But I never lost sleep over it.

I personally think at this point it's a love project for them. They want it to be as great as it possibly can. They have the money to do whatever they want....so it's not like they have to make it.

They'll probably wait until gaming is at a point where something really new or evolutionary is present.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

Things change.

There are plenty of great sp focused devs in the industry. DOTA 2 was a huge success so why not ride the wave?

There are SP devs but there aren't old school FPS games. The last one that I played was Shadow Warrior from 2013 and that's it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Better to stagnate then have it polluted like Assassins Creed (which unlike Halfife, was never good).

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#16 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@parkurtommo said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@dakan45 said:

Things change.

Because those mobas are shit... There all the same warcraft 3 modded bull crap... Seriously pissed. I don't care about Multiplayer... never really have, It's only something I dabble in. But games like half-life were special, and to leave it as it was is just bullshit. Greedy bastard that gabe newell. He needs to be brought down a pedestal. Shit they have enough money to hire more people to make it and whatever hat making Microtransaction greed fest they want.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By parkurtommo

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

Things change.

There are SP devs but there aren't old school FPS games. The last one that I played was Shadow Warrior from 2013 and that's it.

And for some reason you think Valve will keep their formula old school if they did a third Half Life? I think it would be a very different game than it's predecessors.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 parkurtommo

@Midnightshade29 said:

@parkurtommo said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@dakan45 said:

Things change.

Because those mobas are shit... There all the same warcraft 3 modded bull crap... Seriously pissed. I don't care about Multiplayer... never really have, It's only something I dabble in. But games like half-life were special, and to leave it as it was is just bullshit. Greedy bastard that gabe newell. He needs to be brought down a pedestal. Shit they have enough money to hire more people to make it and whatever hat making Microtransaction greed fest they want.

Well I'm afraid you lost me there, DOTA 2 is the most fun I've ever had, and it never stops being fun, 3000 hours and counting.

I totally get avoiding multiplayer, but you can't say that good mobas like LoL or DOTA 2 are shit, not with any proper reasoning beyond "I don't like playing against people". In the case that you do/can enjoy multiplayer, DOTA 2 is like the cream of the crop, and it's fucking free.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@dakan45 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

Things change.

And for some reason you think Valve will keep their formula old school if they did a third Half Life? I think it would be a very different game than it's predecessors.

As it should be.. Must have not played Half-Life 2 recently or at all.. Because basically 99% of all singleplayer FPS's have went the "cinematic" route with set pieces every so often for a decade now.. That is probably the main reason why they have planned not to do one due to how over saturated fps's are.. HL2's "formula" is not at all old school what so ever, it is the blue print to the modern day shooter campaign.. Which wouldn't have been a bad thing if it weren't for the fact that it has been done to death.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 parkurtommo

@sSubZerOo said:

@dakan45 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@dakan45 said:

Things change.

As it should be.. Must have not played Half-Life 2 recently or at all.. Because basically 99% of all singleplayer FPS's have went the "cinematic" route with set pieces every so often for a decade now.. That is probably the main reason why they have planned not to do one due to how over saturated fps's are.. HL2's "formula" is not at all old school what so ever, it is the blue print to the modern day shooter campaign.. Which wouldn't have been a bad thing if it weren't for the fact that it has been done to death.

Well Half Life is old school in mechanics, no health regen, no aim-down-sights, etc.

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

Another shitass developer turning their backs on the fans that got them where they are. 15 years ago I had the half life box, all the money they got to get their small team off the ground was from people like me. Gabe can go **** himself, greedy fat ass.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

1 april fools