Had my PS3 for a month now.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

And I cannot be any happier with this system. Now I own both systems and both are strong in their own unique ways but after playing the PS3 for weeks now I have come to realize that the PS3 fits my style way more than the 360 does. Mind you I am far from a fanboy so please do not think I am sticking up for one console. 360 is a very good system but I feel for me when push comes to shove I have a much enjoyable time on my PS3 while playing games and while the PSN. I am still a gold member and will continue to pay that because Live is a great service but I laugh when people begin to say PSN sucks when it truly offers a different experience in than Live does. I enjoy the PSN a little more than Live and it took a little while to see that but after a month I see it.

So when people say PS3 sucks I want you to do me a favor and try not to listen to others because everybody has their own opinion right? Myself included. Do research and find the system that best fits you because I was stuck up for some time about the PS3 (Meaning yes I might have crossed the line a few times when it comes to fanboyism for the 360) but like I said after a month I enjoy the PS3 more than my 360 for many reasons. So since both systems are 299 for the holiday season take advantage of this and get the best of both worlds or if you don't have one or the other yet grab the one you prefer but try not to listen to people you DON'T know. Listen to your friends if you have to but try your hardest to do your own research.

The bottom line is people can tell me ps3 sucks.......They can say 360 sucks........But in the end each of these offer a great and different gaming experience. Take it from me who was once defending one system over the other, I made the mistake of not giving the PS3 a try, Don't you do the same.

Avatar image for chunkymonkey313
chunkymonkey313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 chunkymonkey313
Member since 2009 • 329 Posts

i dont watch BR movies that much since i go to the theater every week or so. i have both, but to me there is not much of a difference between them besides some exclusives. there both good consoles.ur prob just excited bcause u got a new ps3. thats wat happened to me when i got mine like 4 months ago, but then it wore off and then i played each about the same.

gamerlifegrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gamerlifegrace
Member since 2009 • 693 Posts

i dont watch BR movies that much since i go to the theater every week or so. i have both, but to me there is not much of a difference between them besides some exclusives. there both good consoles.ur prob just excited bcause u got a new ps3. thats wat happened to me when i got mine like 4 months ago, but then it wore off and then i played each about the same.

chunkymonkey313
Blu Ray OWNS theatre resolution. But I have to admit that it is a lot more exiting to see a movie on the big screen though.
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Congrats Hommie, see you in the village

Frank2368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Frank2368
Member since 2006 • 434 Posts

[QUOTE="chunkymonkey313"]

gamerlifegrace

Blu Ray OWNS theatre resolution. But I have to admit that it is a lot more exiting to see a movie on the big screen though.

Blu Ray runs at 1920×1080 while theatres run at up to 4096×2160

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

In before "blog it" comments.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Blog.
Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts

In before "blog it" comments.

GreenGoblin2099
Damn you. Technically I had it written for a few mins, just browsing other tabs :P In after "in before 'blog it' comments" comments.
vanntheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 vanntheman
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

im waiting for the 'cool story bro' comments

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Cool bloggin!

Avatar image for Kennysolidsnake
Kennysolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kennysolidsnake
Member since 2009 • 1068 Posts

I own both consoles and i admit im a sony fanboy although the 360 is a good system.. With that said however after my xbox live expires i will not be renewing.. Honestly the 360 hasnt had a game worth keeping xbox live around since Gears 2 and the ONLY reason i now have xbox live is due to netflix, after i found out PS3 will now be getting netflix i was so happy that i will now have a extra 50 dollars in my pocket due to not having to renew xbox live because of netflix.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

They are both excellent consoles, but it's hard to hear about any excellent consoles when you are in SW. Many here find it fun to bash.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hkymike

I own both consoles and i admit im a sony fanboy although the 360 is a good system.. With that said however after my xbox live expires i will not be renewing.. Honestly the 360 hasnt had a game worth keeping xbox live around since Gears 2 and the ONLY reason i now have xbox live is due to netflix, after i found out PS3 will now be getting netflix i was so happy that i will now have a extra 50 dollars in my pocket due to not having to renew xbox live because of netflix.

Kennysolidsnake
I was unaware that Sony was getting Netflix. That is awesome man. I think both systems deserve to be entitled to having Netflix.
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hkymike

They are both excellent consoles, but it's hard to hear about any excellent consoles when you are in SW. Many here find it fun to bash.

SolidTy

I know it's Ok though. Let the haters hate but they won't change the way I feel about gaming. One day they will grow up and see how stupid they sounded when they were a immature fanboy. :)

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

glad you like it. i've really enjoyed the PS3 exclusives for '09. infamous and demon's souls are great. i still enjoy gaming online more on the 360, though. i just like xbl better, and most of my friends own 360s but not PS3s.

Avatar image for SquatsAreAwesom
SquatsAreAwesom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SquatsAreAwesom
Member since 2009 • 1678 Posts
I feel the same way. I can't believe how awesome the PS3 is, and how it was the last system I needed to become a complete manticore.