Hackers Sold Counterfeit Xbox One After Infiltrating Microsoft

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Hackers Sold Counterfeit Xbox One After Infiltrating Microsoft (19 votes)

Bu bu only Sony has an online sericve that is hackable? 63%
And tha'ts why I gladly pay more for xbl, dat peace of mind 37%

Hackers Sold Counterfeit Xbox One After Infiltrating Microsoft

Escalation

The team is accused of hacking into Microsoft's employee network in August 2012, spending "hundreds of hours" searching for files containing intellectual property on the Xbox One, which at the time had not been revealed to the public or confirmed by Microsoft.

Assembly instructions, software designs, and source code for the next-gen system were found and stolen, which Leroux then used to build a counterfeit version of the system.

That console was then sold onto another unnamed person, who at the time was based in Mahe, Republic of Seychelles. The system was eventually sold on eBay, reportedly for about $20,100.

Then, in September 2013, just a few weeks ahead of the Xbox One launch, two unnamed individuals used Microsoft employee data to break into the company's Redmond campus to steal three beta versions of the Xbox One. The hackers are accused of providing the data to the burglars.

The cost of damages associated with the hacking ring is believed to total more than $100 million in intellectual property and data.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/hackers-sold-counterfeit-xbox-one-after-infiltrati/1100-6422664/

Thoughts?

• 
Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts
@tormentos said:

@Tighaman said:

@b4x: Whats funny about this story if you go back to his post about the leaks now we know they are legit. Xbox one is doing things the ps4 only wish it could do and we will finally find out how software has been really holding GPU and CPU back.

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..

You such a joke of a poster..lol

What is the xbox one doing that the PS4 only wish.? 720p games.?

Its the same poster who made this thread. I know you are a biased poster but you generally have some sort of logical and coherent argument on your side instead of rambling. This guy is a whole different story.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

bu bu but m$ never get hack lol u paying xsuck live for what again? not only they could easily hack m$ employees they could hack u n get all ur credit info n shit. sony learn from the pass now psn is tighter than ever not like xsuck live imho facts

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Tighaman said:

xbox one has the better games and runs the multiplats better, I dont care what DF say my LG OLED tell me the whole story.

PC does these better than both.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@daious: stupid Im not xbounty I dont have an alt this is me tighaman, I see beyond the surface and can tell you dont

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: you the only one take this shit seriously you the only joke on this forum I could go on and on what I do on my xbox that its a chore to do on my ps4. From my controller bluetooth problems, dirty disk errors, while game is running in the background can open more than three tabs on browser and many other things it has been stagnant since I got it for my son in Jan. Games .......well thats up to you and to me xbox one has the better games and runs the multiplats better, I dont care what DF say my LG OLED tell me the whole story.

I could care less for a redundant Cable box,i don't care for snap either i care about games and on that regard it is the PS4 the one with more games better ones and better looking to.

Sure it does you blind biased lemming..hahahaa

So your new argument is bla bla bla my xbox is better because i say so..hahahaha

@WilliamRLBaker said:

1. the hackers were caught, and have pleaded guilty.

2. Have the people responsible for the 72+ days of psn down time been arrested yet? *I say 72+ because the service as a whole wasn't bad up for that long I can't remember the exact figure, areas were back up before then but as a whole it wasn't*

3. this seems to be a hell of a lot more of a hack than the psn one....the psn hack was basically done by script kiddies because Sony used etch a sketches as servers, This hack seems to be a multi person hack with deep roots in international crime.

So we have this......

Sony: all it takes is some teenagers with the most rudimentary coding knowledge, and some blackhat software to get into our servers.

Microsoft: an international hacker ring didn't hack xbox live but our employee database, and sold information to some criminals who actually showed up on physical location, and broke in and stole items.

Or this analogy.

Sony-the manager at a local walmart, and all the employee's walked out after unlocking all the eletronic item cases, and opened the safe in the money room behind the service desk.

Microsoft-Oceans 11, Oceans 12, and Oceans 13

PSN was down 25 days not 72 days..hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Have they catch all of those who stole xbox live accounts including the one who stole Major Nelson own account and make him look like a fool.?

Man up and stop posting from alter accounts dude we all know you still here you are just other another name..hahaha

This gen surely was a huge hit to lemming few still here as them self..lol

@daious said:
@tormentos said:

@Tighaman said:

@b4x: Whats funny about this story if you go back to his post about the leaks now we know they are legit. Xbox one is doing things the ps4 only wish it could do and we will finally find out how software has been really holding GPU and CPU back.

Its the same poster who made this thread. I know you are a biased poster but you generally have some sort of logical and coherent argument on your side instead of rambling. This guy is a whole different story.

Xbounitity was hes alter.? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That explain allot,trying to talk crap he knows nothing about...hahhaaa

The fun part about that thread you linked is that Titanfall wasn't 1080p and wasn't 60FPS lock either Repawn failed at both the game was 792p barely over 720p and from 40 to 60 FPS with drops into the 30's.

@Tighaman said:

@daious: stupid Im not xbounty I dont have an alt this is me tighaman, I see beyond the surface and can tell you dont

Yet we easily see you are a blind fanboy while you don't see it..

Claim multiplatforms perform better because you say so is a joke,considering there is some big gaps in several multiplatform games..hahahaa

XBounity..lol

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Tighaman

@tormentos: Like I said yall the only ones would make an alt for some insecure stuff on a game forum I stand by every word I say and take it when I'm wrong nothing fake about me. COWboy torm. I see. Multiplats that everyone have forgot about or dont care about Xbox has way more content way better games more multiplayer games better exclusive now and to come keep crying all the exclusives on the ps4 are outdated as soon as you are through with the prettiness of the game and that my take a day.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Daious

@Tighaman said:

I know the specs of both consoles and I understand the technical aspects of game comparisons. I am not surprised when the ps4 has stronger multiplatform titles and you shouldn't ether. In the end they are typically better on PC. You can't accept that. How am I the one that doesn't see beyond the surface when you are fanboy.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Daious
@tormentos said:

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: you the only one take this shit seriously you the only joke on this forum I could go on and on what I do on my xbox that its a chore to do on my ps4. From my controller bluetooth problems, dirty disk errors, while game is running in the background can open more than three tabs on browser and many other things it has been stagnant since I got it for my son in Jan. Games .......well thats up to you and to me xbox one has the better games and runs the multiplats better, I dont care what DF say my LG OLED tell me the whole story.

I could care less for a redundant Cable box,i don't care for snap either i care about games and on that regard it is the PS4 the one with more games better ones and better looking to.

Sure it does you blind biased lemming..hahahaa

So your new argument is bla bla bla my xbox is better because i say so..hahahaha

@WilliamRLBaker said:

1. the hackers were caught, and have pleaded guilty.

2. Have the people responsible for the 72+ days of psn down time been arrested yet? *I say 72+ because the service as a whole wasn't bad up for that long I can't remember the exact figure, areas were back up before then but as a whole it wasn't*

3. this seems to be a hell of a lot more of a hack than the psn one....the psn hack was basically done by script kiddies because Sony used etch a sketches as servers, This hack seems to be a multi person hack with deep roots in international crime.

So we have this......

Sony: all it takes is some teenagers with the most rudimentary coding knowledge, and some blackhat software to get into our servers.

Microsoft: an international hacker ring didn't hack xbox live but our employee database, and sold information to some criminals who actually showed up on physical location, and broke in and stole items.

Or this analogy.

Sony-the manager at a local walmart, and all the employee's walked out after unlocking all the eletronic item cases, and opened the safe in the money room behind the service desk.

Microsoft-Oceans 11, Oceans 12, and Oceans 13

PSN was down 25 days not 72 days..hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Have they catch all of those who stole xbox live accounts including the one who stole Major Nelson own account and make him look like a fool.?

Man up and stop posting from alter accounts dude we all know you still here you are just other another name..hahaha

This gen surely was a huge hit to lemming few still here as them self..lol

@daious said:
@tormentos said:

@Tighaman said:

Xbounitity was hes alter.? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That explain allot,trying to talk crap he knows nothing about...hahhaaa

The fun part about that thread you linked is that Titanfall wasn't 1080p and wasn't 60FPS lock either Repawn failed at both the game was 792p barely over 720p and from 40 to 60 FPS with drops into the 30's.

@Tighaman said:

Yet we easily see you are a blind fanboy while you don't see it..

Claim multiplatforms perform better because you say so is a joke,considering there is some big gaps in several multiplatform games..hahahaa

XBounity..lol

I am actually surprised you didn't realize it was xboxunity. You two have been battling it out since I have been here.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tormentos

@daious said:

I am actually surprised you didn't realize it was xboxunity. You two have been battling it out since I have been here.

I knew his sounded familiar but since XBOxunity i think was ban i haven't see it in a long time..hahah

Many of the old members are posting under alter egos,specially in the xbox side since the xbox one came out so weak,you have posters like Texellation,William baker,and other which now don't post all of the sudden which coincide with the many troll xbox accounts been born last year and this year..lol

Like B4X which has 99% the exact posting stile of Blackace even right down to the epic meltdowns..hahahaa

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Tighaman

@daious: look man I'm not saying that they are not right some of the time but they are not right all of the time, they miss things and by their own videos dont stand with their words sometimes thats all Im saying. I'm for truth not to make one side happy because they are the most aggressive fanboys and the industry fear ps fanboys wrath. I mean yall post on every forum, blog, tweet, and page spewing the same bullshit. It dont even be different folks it be you, torm,grenadelaucher, full of different names and alt accounts hell I been on hear for 8 yrs and look at my post number you been on here less than a year and look at your post count but I'm a fanboy lol

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2065 Posts

Hacking an online gaming network running DDOS attacks etc, is definitely the same as sophisticated corporate espionage why even bring this up in system wars.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Tighaman

@tormentos: so if I;m xbounty why dont you do what you do best and copy and paste some of that fine evidence you be cooking up, you have been a joke on this form since casey W and ron was on here and you still coping and pasting that same ol shit

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tormentos

@Tighaman said:

@tormentos: so if I;m xbounty why dont you do what you do best and copy and paste some of that fine evidence you be cooking up, you have been a joke on this form since casey W and ron was on here and you still coping and pasting that same ol shit

The funny thing is Ronvalencia was 100% more copy paste than me,but after the xbox one secret sauce failed and after he spend months quoting rebellion so call parity arguments when SE3 failed to deliver parity and was as much as 30FPS faster on PS4 with higher quality effects he went missing...hahahah

I guess it was to much for him after all the quotes he made of rebellion..hahaha

You on the other hand are a blind biased lemming who can't admit the xbox one is weak.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Daious

@Tighaman said:

@daious: look man I'm not saying that they are not right some of the time but they are not right all of the time, they miss things and by their own videos dont stand with their words sometimes thats all Im saying. I'm for truth not to make one side happy because they are the most aggressive fanboys and the industry fear ps fanboys wrath. I mean yall post on every forum, blog, tweet, and page spewing the same bullshit. It dont even be different folks it be you, torm,grenadelaucher, full of different names and alt accounts hell I been on hear for 8 yrs and look at my post number you been on here less than a year and look at your post count but I'm a fanboy lol

Jesus. Your horrendous grammar only proves you are xboxunity.

Please stop being any more of a fanboy. The only way the xboxone would have a superior multiplatform is if they gave ps4 a terrible port. Xboxone can't magically have superior multiplatform games when its a weaker console. It doesn't make any sense (just like your arguments and conspiracy theories). Think about it.

Both consoles are made by dated AMD technologies.

Its funny that you label me as a cow when all I have done was state the fact that the PS4 has a better gpu. How does that make me a fanboy? A gpu equivalent to a downclocked 7870 will be better than a 7770 no mater what way you look at it. MS decided to make a weaker console and bank on kinect. Sony decided for a stronger console and to keep costs down didn't include a camera. Sony decision paid off.

You are the fanboy for not accepting that a more powerful console doesn't deliver visuals on a technical level.

It blows my mind that there are fanboys like you.