H1Z1 is what makes the PS4>>>Xbox One

#1 Posted by Omega-316 (757 posts) -

This game looks a lot more promising then Day Z because Day Z is made by a amateur mod guy and H1Z1 is made by a real dev that is backed by Sony. The animations, the zombies, the ideas behind the game, everything looks better then Day Z.

What are your thoughts on the game?

#2 Posted by Daious (1020 posts) -

Isn't currently a PC exclusive that only may come out on the PS4? There has been no official announcement for this game on the PS4 other than we will see.

Quote/link if I am wrong.

#3 Posted by Omega-316 (757 posts) -

@daious said:

Isn't currently a PC exclusive that only may come out on the PS4? There has been no official announcement for this game on the PS4 other than we will see.

It from Sony Online Entertainment.....
You bet its coming for the PS4 lol.

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

Aaaaaaaaaaaand DayZ will probably end up better

#5 Edited by Daious (1020 posts) -

@Omega-316 said:

@daious said:

Its made by the same team as the everquest and planetside team. A mainly PC developer

The head developer already said it is a wait and see after the PC version is done. He explicitly stated that PC was the focus. They said they haven't ruled it out a month and half ago but they didn't make the announcement at E3 for a game that will be hitting steam in probably a month. If they were going to announce it then E3 would have been the venue.

If it does come out, it is going to be probably a year or so later (if it comes out).

This shouldn't stop you from hyping the game. The game looks like it is going to be amazing. It may in fact hit the PS4.

Best part is----> Its free!

#6 Posted by jsmoke03 (12601 posts) -

This game looks a lot more promising then Day Z because Day Z is made by a amateur mod guy and H1Z1 is made by a real dev that is backed by Sony. The animations, the zombies, the ideas behind the game, everything looks better then Day Z.

by your logic, counter strike flopped

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (46173 posts) -

a multiplat? lol

#8 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Consolites begging for PC genres every gen.

#9 Posted by MonsieurX (29173 posts) -

a multiplat? lol

#superiormultiplat

#10 Edited by Daious (1020 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:
@mems_1224 said:

a multiplat? lol

#superiormultiplat

it is not even a multiplat :(

It is currently PC only

#11 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1229 posts) -

a multiplat? lol

pc so boring it makes me hate gaming thinking about pc gaming LOL

#12 Posted by harry_james_pot (10308 posts) -

lol, it's currently a PC exclusive..

#13 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (917 posts) -

So? it is your opinion just that, blog it.

#14 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

Day Z rip off that actually looks better.

#15 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (675 posts) -

We've got so many of these fucking survival clones, but not a single one of them feels complete or competent enough to fully invest time into.

Also, this does nothing for me. The reason to get a PS4 over the bone is obvious, better exclusives, better graphics, and a brighter future. This game is not the reason.

#16 Edited by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Yeah no. Dayz is terrible. So this is gonna be terrible too.

#17 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6033 posts) -

How come the gameplay graphics dont look like Uncharted 4?

#18 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1919 posts) -

I think this game will have long beta process on pc to work out problem like Day z and will not come to ps4 until 2015.

#19 Posted by GhoX (4670 posts) -

Summary from the video for people who are too lazy to watch:

• MMO from people who made Planetside 2 and Everquest series.
  • Complete sandbox game.
  • There is both item crafting and building construction.
  • Zombies (PvE) will be significantly stronger and more numerous than other zombie survival games.
  • The stronger a player becomes, the more zombies he will attract. The dev strongly recommends teaming up, rather than hunting down new players.
  • Ammo is scarce, but low-tech weapons such as axe and bow can be crafted.
  • Microtransactions will be cosmetic only. The cosmetic purchased will also not warm you up, unlike clothes found ingame. The extent of cosmetics is still being decided, but devs emphasised that they will not allow anything that undermines the survival aspect.
  • No private servers, but players can vote on custom rules for new servers. E.g. a server with harder PvE.
  • Player count per server undecided, but devs plan to strike the perfect balance between "seeing people" and "giant deathmatch". Since it's using Planetside 2's engine, it should be more than capable to support thousands.
  • Great range of character customisation, including gender, race and equipment.
  • Permadeath, but you keep your character name.
#20 Posted by pelvist (4561 posts) -

Personally I think it looks like a much more casual version of the DayZ type survival game. It comes across to me as being kinda like State of Decay in first person without the fetch missions. DayZ will be great because of its emphasis on hard core and the unforgiving, grueling nature of its gameplay that will bring it closer to a zombie apocalypse simulation/more realistic experience than the bro-survival game that H1Z1 is shaping up to be. It will likely be late 2015 - 2016 before the PS4 version goes live, that is IF it ever does (I think it will).

#21 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2204 posts) -

When did they announce it for PS4 .?

#22 Posted by slaves (1157 posts) -

Wait when and where did they say this was coming to PS4?

#23 Posted by bezza2011 (2306 posts) -

@daious said:

@Omega-316 said:

@daious said:

Its made by the same team as the everquest and planetside team. A mainly PC developer

The head developer already said it is a wait and see after the PC version is done. He explicitly stated that PC was the focus. They said they haven't ruled it out a month and half ago but they didn't make the announcement at E3 for a game that will be hitting steam in probably a month. If they were going to announce it then E3 would have been the venue.

If it does come out, it is going to be probably a year or so later (if it comes out).

This shouldn't stop you from hyping the game. The game looks like it is going to be amazing. It may in fact hit the PS4.

Best part is----> Its free!

:S are you sure, I'm pretty sure it was announced by sony being made by a team which was made at Sony Online Entertainment, that's who's publishing the game.

On topic tho it's shite, I am seriously, all I want is a more depth State Of Decay, because honestly that game simbolized what i want from a zombie survival game.

#24 Posted by rockydog1111 (2063 posts) -

http://gamingbolt.com/heres-the-official-h1z1-pre-alpha-trailer-for-ps4

Don't know if it's true, but this is all over the net.

#25 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

Looks like a really great game, but Xbox One will have State of Decay 2 so I'll go with that. but H1Z1 does look promising

#26 Edited by Wasdie (49533 posts) -

@daious said:

All SoE Online games are coming to the PS4. This includes Planetside 2, H1Z1, Everquest Landmark, and Everquest Next. All of them are F2P too.

What's great is the game uses the Planetside 2 engine which is a very powerful MMO engine. Runs at a high server refresh rate so it's good for FPSs and can handle a lot of players/NPCs in one area at once. This should make H1Z1 stick out among the competition. Looking forward too it.

They are also doing servers with multiple rulesets.

#27 Posted by Heil68 (43178 posts) -

Nice to hear that's it's coming to PS4, I'll play it there.

#28 Posted by slaves (1157 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@daious said:

All SoE Online games are coming to the PS4. This includes Planetside 2, H1Z1, Everquest Landmark, and Everquest Next. All of them are F2P too.

What's great is the game uses the Planetside 2 engine which is a very powerful MMO engine. Runs at a high server refresh rate so it's good for FPSs and can handle a lot of players/NPCs in one area at once. This should make H1Z1 stick out among the competition. Looking forward too it.

Are you for realz?????

#29 Posted by Daious (1020 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@daious said:

I do really dig the PS2 engine. They have already stated 100s of people can be on the map and it supports variety of computers.

#30 Posted by Omega-316 (757 posts) -

@pelvist said:

Personally I think it looks like a much more casual version of the DayZ type survival game. It comes across to me as being kinda like State of Decay in first person without the fetch missions. DayZ will be great because of its emphasis on hard core and the unforgiving, grueling nature of its gameplay that will bring it closer to a zombie apocalypse simulation/more realistic experience than the bro-survival game that H1Z1 is shaping up to be. It will likely be late 2015 - 2016 before the PS4 version goes live, that is IF it ever does (I think it will).

It runs better. The animations are better, and there re things you can do in this that you cant do in day z. Can you build a base in day z? can you craft a bow? No. I dont see how this is a bro version of day z. Just because day z has a clunky broken controls doesnt make it hard core.

#31 Posted by lostrib (32977 posts) -

actually, isn't Day Z now made by Bohemia Interactive?

#32 Edited by lamprey263 (22650 posts) -

That's okay, even if I have a PS4 this would take a back seat to Dead Island 2 and Dying Light.

#33 Posted by UnifiedConsole (29 posts) -

Previews for the game weren't positive but the game was still early. After The Walking dead and Deadrising 3 im zombied out. Lll just wait and see, no point on hyping it up.

#34 Posted by m3dude1 (1028 posts) -

looks like a low budget typical pc kick starter project. graphics are laughable

#35 Edited by pelvist (4561 posts) -

@pelvist said:

It runs better. The animations are better, and there re things you can do in this that you cant do in day z. Can you build a base in day z? can you craft a bow? No. I dont see how this is a bro version of day z. Just because day z has a clunky broken controls doesnt make it hard core.

Rofl...

Yes you will be able to do both those things in DayZ. Animations are better in H1Z1? Currently every single Zombie has the same animation so imagine how stupid it looks when you have 20 or so of these running toward you:

#36 Posted by lawlessx (46412 posts) -

@pelvist said:

@Omega-316 said:

@pelvist said:

Rofl...

Yes you will be able to do both those things in DayZ. Animations are better in H1Z1? Currently every single Zombie has the same animation so imagine how stupid it looks when you have 20 or so of these running toward you:

lets be real...Day Z is no where near base building yet and this game looks like it will have it day 1

#37 Posted by AdrianWerner (27951 posts) -

One of the things that made me like DayZ was that it was made on ArmA's base. H1Z1 looks much more arcadish. That said, I've had my fun with DayZ as a mod, I don't really intend to get a commercial game, at least untill they add mod support. If I ever get a thirst for some zombie action again I will propably just pick one of the Arma 3 zombie mods.

#38 Posted by pelvist (4561 posts) -

@lawlessx: Yes, well both games are in-dev no one knows how they will ultimately turn out, so I can only comment on my experiences so far and the direction both appear to be heading.