H-Hour: World's Elite PS4 Dev Kit inbound (updated 6/17)

#1 Edited by WitIsWisdom (4264 posts) -

*UPDATE* 6/17

SOFs Interview with the Hip-Hop Gamer (HipHopGamer1):

H-Hour: World's Elite has formally been accepted by SONY for development on the PS4.

https://twitter.com/SOFstudios/status/476840209825660930

This game is the true successor to SOCOM 1 and 2 on the PS2, and it's long overdue SONY gets it's hands on a great shooter with modern graphics but gameplay more similar to the first 2 SOCOM games which had millions of payers in one of if not the best community of all time.

If you missed the kickstarter you can find more information here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0

All the naysayers said it wouldn't happen... well, it's on it's way!!! Up to this point all progress had been made on PC only although those in the community knew it would be coming to PS4.

This game will be released on PC and PS4. SOFs Studios recently reported into E3 and things are really looking up.

The Proof of concept was recently completed, and it was also confirmed that the engine the games was built on UE3 will be upgraded to UE4. Did I mention 1080p and 60fps? ;)

Here is more information regarding the game and the proof of concept which although it wont be released to play by the public, high level backers including myself will get some hands on eventually. This title is slated to release in 2015 for BOTH PC and PS4. The proof of concept is what is being pitched for potential investors... what does it mean that SONY welcomed the game to its ranks? We dont know yet, but I have a good feeling about things, and hope to hear abut funding soon.

Remember that the proof of concept was built on a small budget using the UE3 engine and the full game will have much higher production values and be on UE4. Consider what is seen placeholder or Alpha as far as graphics and animations are concerned. It was also confirmed that bullet trails are only placeholder as well.

So, even though this is an indie title. The SOFs team includes the SOCOM creative director David Sears, and Russ Phillips,creator of all time favorite maps from the SOCOM franchise.

Is anybody else getting excited about this game now? Will you be getting it for PC or PS4?

Get hyped :)

#2 Edited by Daious (2315 posts) -

I think I helped fund this game. I can't wait to try it out.

#3 Posted by H3llstrike (1877 posts) -

Kickstarter backer here my body is ready for some so-crack.

#4 Posted by WitIsWisdom (4264 posts) -

@daious said:

I think I helped fund this game. I can't wait to try it out.

If you don't already have an account come sign up at www.sofstudios.com for the forums. Lots of great info, and a huge amount of content to catch up on.

#5 Posted by Animal-Mother (27317 posts) -

So sony dropped zipper over slant six and decided to dips it's hands into the remnants of zipper?

#6 Posted by WitIsWisdom (4264 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

So sony dropped zipper over slant six and decided to dips it's hands into the remnants of zipper?

SONY didn't drop Zipper over Slant Six. Zipper was working on SOCOM 4 which was generally regarded as the low point in the franchise. David Sears and Russ Phillips (Zipper Interactive SOCOM 1 and 2) were already long gone from Zipper. Before closing Zipper was little more than a shell of it's former glory.. much as Rare is today as compared to it's storied history.

The best of the original Zipper and CREATORS of SOCOM are working for SOFs... not the remnants ;)

The first two SOCOM games had millions of players and THOSE are the guys working on this title... not those from S3 forward.

I know it is hard to believe after Scon and S4, but it is true. This is the real deal. They might not be able to use the SOCOM name, but this is more SOCOM than anything we have seen in 10 years.

#7 Posted by Animal-Mother (27317 posts) -

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Animal-Mother said:

SONY didn't drop Zipper over Slant Six. Zipper was working on SOCOM 4 which was generally regarded as the low point in the franchise. David Sears and Russ Phillips (Zipper Interactive SOCOM 1 and 2) were already long gone from Zipper. Before closing Zipper was little more than a shell of it's former glory.. much as Rare is today as compared to it's storied history.

The best of the original Zipper and CREATORS of SOCOM are working for SOFs... not the remnants ;)

The first two SOCOM games had millions of players and THOSE are the guys working on this title... not those from S3 forward.

I know it is hard to believe after Scon and S4, but it is true. This is the real deal. They might not be able to use the SOCOM name, but this is more SOCOM than anything we have seen in 10 years.

God socom 1 & 2 were so good, so many sleepless nights.

#8 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

unreal engine...

#9 Posted by 2Chalupas (6046 posts) -

Not much to go on at this point, besides the names involved. Watching that video doesn't do anything for me.

Obviously they better be making massive, massive improvements over that alpha/proof of concept demo as that looks like an early last gen game.

I don't expect Arma III graphics, but it would be nice if it everything about the final product at least looked highly modern.

#10 Posted by WitIsWisdom (4264 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

@Animal-Mother said:

God socom 1 & 2 were so good, so many sleepless nights.

This is the spiritual successor to SOCOM 1 and 2 :) Made by the same 2 people that made the first two so good. Russ had his hand in most of the fan favorite classics and David Sears was the creative director.

Come check out the forums. I know we have been duped a couple times with SOCOM Confrontation and SOCOM 4.... but trust me when I say... this is the REAL DEAL.

You know Blackwido88 better known as SUKMYTURBAN? You know how he had the SOCOM is dead videos? Well, here is MP reviews for SOCOM Confrontation, then SOCOM 4, and last but not least his review on H-Hour.

1. SOCOM Confrontation:

Loading Video...

This was the first of MANY SOCOM is dead videos....

2. SOCOM 4:

Loading Video...

3. H-Hour:

Loading Video...

For those that like watching videos more than typing on forums... there you go. Turban has been sort of a conscious that SOF studios has kept in touch with. I know he doesn't talk for everyone, but he has 1,000's of follower like 13k or 14k... something like that, and these videos are what he does...

Anyways though... I am still trying to convince SEVERAL of my old clan mates to come give it a look, but they are very hesitant after being fooled with either 3, Confrontation, or 4.

It is hard to get those fans back onboard, but THIS is the successor to SOCOM 2. This is what SOCOM 3 SHOULD HAVE BEEN.

As a mod I have the privilege of watching this game progress, and one thing I can say for sure is that if you are a SOCOM 1 and 2 fan... THIS is the game for you!

#11 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

what with the shitty view?

#12 Posted by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

so exclusive?

#13 Posted by Omega-316 (981 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

so exclusive?

PC and PS4.

#15 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1033 posts) -

Will be buying on PC soon as released

#16 Posted by Omega-316 (981 posts) -

Im glad to say i backed this game $60.

#17 Edited by WitIsWisdom (4264 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

What? Have you ever even played a SOCOM game? This is the successor to S1 and S2 with the same TPS, FPS mechanics... Throw a grenade with either hand, leaning, jump to climb, dance on dead bodies, the whole nine yards.

H-Hour (like SOCOM game before it) is a TPS with the ability to go into a slightly zoomed FPS mode for ranged shots or in extreme CQB. Best camera views of any shooter in my opinion... you get the best of both worlds.... I guess you thought it was ONLY FPS? It is primarily TPS, which is what I will be in 99% of the time... outside of shooting out windows or being in scope. The beauty of the game is stick skills. You don't need to scope in to be accurate, because your weapon is always on the shoulder or at the ready, the only limitations are weapon accuracy and varying effectiveness over range from each weapon. There is no hip fire in this game ;) Absolutely NO aim assist of any kind, fast strafing, one life a round, no health regeneration. People are always complaining they want shooters to go back to their roots.... well, here it is and it will be 1080p 60fps and 22+ maps by the end of DLC made by the creator of some ALL-TIME fan favorite maps of ANY shooting franchise including Desert Glory and Fish Hook, and the creative genius that created SOCOM in the first place. Millions of people played S1 and S2, and as I said before THIS is what S3 SHOULD have been.

#18 Posted by blackace (22748 posts) -

I didn't care much for the Socom games, so I won't be getting this. I doesn't seem like they asked for enough money to get this game completed, especially if they are still in the beginning phases. They should have asked for $500,000. I'll be surprised if they game even get completed. Good luck with this.

#19 Edited by Spitfire-Six (1033 posts) -

@WitIsWisdom said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

What? Have you ever even played a SOCOM game? This is the successor to S1 and S2 with the same TPS, FPS mechanics... Throw a grenade with either hand, leaning, jump to climb, dance on dead bodies, the whole nine yards.

H-Hour (like SOCOM game before it) is a TPS with the ability to go into a slightly zoomed FPS mode for ranged shots or in extreme CQB. Best camera views of any shooter in my opinion... you get the best of both worlds.... I guess you thought it was ONLY FPS? It is primarily TPS, which is what I will be in 99% of the time... outside of shooting out windows or being in scope. The beauty of the game is stick skills. You don't need to scope in to be accurate, because your weapon is always on the shoulder or at the ready, the only limitations are weapon accuracy and varying effectiveness over range from each weapon. There is no hip fire in this game ;) Absolutely NO aim assist of any kind, fast strafing, one life a round, no health regeneration. People are always complaining they want shooters to go back to their roots.... well, here it is and it will be 1080p 60fps and 22+ maps by the end of DLC made by the creator of some ALL-TIME fan favorite maps of ANY shooting franchise including Desert Glory and Fish Hook, and the creative genius that created SOCOM in the first place. Millions of people played S1 and S2, and as I said before THIS is what S3 SHOULD have been.

I love 1 and 2 but I loved 3, CA even more you had more of a battle field than just an arena.

#20 Posted by WitIsWisdom (4264 posts) -

@blackace said:

I didn't care much for the Socom games, so I won't be getting this. I doesn't seem like they asked for enough money to get this game completed, especially if they are still in the beginning phases. They should have asked for $500,000. I'll be surprised if they game even get completed. Good luck with this.

Exactly what people said about the idea of revitalizing the franchise: "It will never happen." well, it did

Exactly what people said about the kickstarter: "this proof of concept will never get funded." it did, and was the most successful Kickstarter of its kind.

Exactly what people said about the proof of concept... It's complete.

Exactly what people said about SONY not standing behind and supporting development of the game... they did.

Exactly what people said about retaining the spirit of the franchise... it's there

Exactly what naysayers said about the game getting greenlit on Steam.... it did.

and on and on. It is going to happen that isn't even a question at this point, the major question is when.

By the way... that was JUST the price for the completion of the proof of concept that is in the video (do you know what a proof of concept is?)... they are asking for much more than $500,000 from private invertors and/or publishers and are actively seeking funding as we speak while converting the game to UE4 with MUCH higher production values... they have several potential investor meetings scheduled.

#21 Posted by WitIsWisdom (4264 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

Is it multiplayer only? If so then I will pass. If there is a SP campaign then PC version for me.

No, it is not MP only, however the game will come in waves. The single player campaign will ship after the initial MP, but a FULL SP campaign will be made. :)