GwG April: Casul Pinkie Hitman and A Game With Zombies!

#1 Posted by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -

April. April fools. That's fun, right?

Having a bunch of morons going around POSTING NEWS IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY THAT YOU WANT TO BE TRUE, BUT IT'S A JOKE

FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY

But, this month, we are getting a game that didn't release 5 years ago! Perhaps that is the joke.

Anyways, here's a link.

Interested?

#2 Edited by slaves (1440 posts) -

Nice! Deadlight is pretty awesome

#3 Edited by wolverine4262 (20208 posts) -

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -

I gotta tiptoe through the tulips with these assholes

It takes all the fun ... outta the job.

#5 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

What is the free game for the XBone this month?

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -
@UnbiasedPoster said:

What is the free game for the XBone this month?

Nothing, and it's rated 'E' for everyone.

#7 Posted by cainetao11 (20235 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

What is the free game for the XBone this month?

Nothing, and it's rated 'E' for everyone.

Downloading now

#8 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28560 posts) -
DeadLight16th April 20141st August 20121200 Microsoft Points (£9.99)
Hitman: Absolution1st April 201420th November 2012£39.99
Dungeon Defenders16th March 201419th October 20111200 Microsoft Points (£9.99)
Sid Meier's Civilzation Revolution1st March 201413th June 2008£39.99
€49,99
Toy Soldiers: Cold War16th February 201417th August 20111200 Microsoft points
(£9.99)
Dead Island1st February 20149th January 2011£39.99
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light16th January 201418th August 20101200 Microsoft points
(£9.99)
Sleeping Dogs1st January 201417th August 2012£39.99
€49,99
Shoot Many Robots16th December 2013March 14th 2012800 Microsoft Points (£6.99)
Gears of WarGears of War1st December 2013November 17th 2006£39.99
€49,99
Iron Brigade15th November 201322nd June 2011£6.75
€7,99
A World of Keflings1st November 201322nd December 2010£6.75
€7,99
Halo 316th October 201325th September 2007£49.99
€59,99
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes1st October 201313th April 20111200 Microsoft Points
Rainbow Six: Vegas16th September 201322nd November 2006£39.99
€49,99
Magic the Gathering 20131st September 201330th June 2012800 Microsoft Points
Dead Rising 2 (including Case Zero DLC)16th August 201325th September 2010£39.99
€49,99
Crackdown1st August 201320th February 2007£39.99
€49,99
Assassin’s Creed 216th July 201317th November 2009£39.99
€49,99
Defense Grid: The Awakening1st July 20131st December 2008800 Microsoft Points
Fable 310th June 201329th October 2010£39.99
€49,99
#9 Posted by wolverine4262 (20208 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I gotta tiptoe through the tulips with these assholes

It takes all the fun ... outta the job.

#10 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1134 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

What is the free game for the XBone this month?

Nothing, and it's rated 'E' for everyone.

Sounds cutting edge, tomorrow can't come soon enough.

#11 Edited by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -

Haha.

Hey, Will. Dafuq u doing to my thread!? Ain't no sheens in here yet!

#12 Edited by SolidTy (46263 posts) -

I'm not surprised by Hitman Absolution, we saw that on PS+ back in August last year.

Since PS+ did a deal with SE, PS+ got Lara Croft: Gol and Sleeping Dogs and those also came to Games with Gold many months laster. It seems a pattern emerged with SE games. Perhaps this means SE's Just Cause 2 will release on on Games for Gold next, since we saw that on PS+ back in June 2012. The newest Tomb Raider is an SE games as well that is found on PS+, but probably six months-a year off for Games with Gold since that's out currently for PS+ now.

I'm hoping Games with Gold kicks off on Xbone soon. They are a rich company as SW Armchair Sales representatives reminds us, so I'm sure they could afford to throw the Xbone a bone. I would love free games to spring up on the Xbone every month like clockwork.

As far as Deadlight, I remember that was big, big news for awhile in SW until it actually released. It was a timed exclusive that had promise. It's newer at least as it released Aug 1, 2012,

68/100 Deadlight metascore.

#13 Edited by lostrib (44041 posts) -

Not bad

#14 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (10400 posts) -

I knew this the other day, about Hitman anyway. However I hadn't wanted to post it before making sure it'd be 100% certain. Anyway, Absolution isn't even available in Poland! And I wonder what's going to happen in lieu of it or if they're going to finally put it in my region...Btw cool news about Deadlight as I wanted to buy it during Christmas sale.

#15 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

They need to start getting some Xboner games in GwG.

#16 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (8140 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@UnbiasedPoster said:

What is the free game for the XBone this month?

Nothing, and it's rated 'E' for everyone.

Microsoft should really consider giving away some mature games instead of this kiddy crap that's rated E.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Microsoft should really consider giving away some mature games instead of this kiddy crap that's rated E.

Mature and cool games for hardcore gamers like us 8)

#18 Posted by glez13 (9065 posts) -

Where are the free games for Hermits and Sheep?

#19 Edited by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -
@glez13 said:

Where are the free games for Hermits and Sheep?

Hermits get Dead Space from Origin.

The sheep... have been owned!

#20 Posted by bobbetybob (19307 posts) -
@glez13 said:

Where are the free games for Hermits and Sheep?

You mean the people who don't have to pay for online? Unfortunately they don't get anything, well apart from hermits who get a shit ton of F2P games as well as lower game prices all round and constant sales.

#21 Posted by lostrib (44041 posts) -

@glez13 said:

Where are the free games for Hermits and Sheep?

these aren't really free

#22 Edited by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I'm not surprised by Hitman Absolution, we saw that on PS+ back in August last year.

Since PS+ did a deal with SE, PS+ got Lara Croft: Gol and Sleeping Dogs and those also came to Games with Gold many months laster. It seems a pattern emerged with SE games. Perhaps this means SE's Just Cause 2 will release on on Games for Gold next, since we saw that on PS+ back in June 2012. The newest Tomb Raider is an SE games as well that is found on PS+, but probably six months-a year off for Games with Gold since that's out currently for PS+ now.

I'm hoping Games with Gold kicks off on Xbone soon. They are a rich company as SW Armchair Sales representatives reminds us, so I'm sure they could afford to throw the Xbone a bone. I would love free games to spring up on the Xbone every month like clockwork.

As far as Deadlight, I remember that was big, big news for awhile in SW until it actually released. It was a timed exclusive that had promise. It's newer at least as it released Aug 1, 2012,

68/100 Deadlight metascore.

You do know that Hitman Absolution is newer than Batman Arkham city. So I guess PSN+ in April isn't as good as Games with Gold. ;)

Also when is the PS4 going to get a retail game and not an indie digital game.

#23 Edited by SolidTy (46263 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

I'm not surprised by Hitman Absolution, we saw that on PS+ back in August last year.

Since PS+ did a deal with SE, PS+ got Lara Croft: Gol and Sleeping Dogs and those also came to Games with Gold many months laster. It seems a pattern emerged with SE games. Perhaps this means SE's Just Cause 2 will release on on Games for Gold next, since we saw that on PS+ back in June 2012. The newest Tomb Raider is an SE games as well that is found on PS+, but probably six months-a year off for Games with Gold since that's out currently for PS+ now.

I'm hoping Games with Gold kicks off on Xbone soon. They are a rich company as SW Armchair Sales representatives reminds us, so I'm sure they could afford to throw the Xbone a bone. I would love free games to spring up on the Xbone every month like clockwork.

As far as Deadlight, I remember that was big, big news for awhile in SW until it actually released. It was a timed exclusive that had promise. It's newer at least as it released Aug 1, 2012,

68/100 Deadlight metascore.

You do know that Hitman Absolution is newer than Batman Arkham city. So I guess PSN+ in April isn't as good as Games with Gold. ;)

Also when is the PS4 going to get a retail game and not an indie digital game.

Hitman Absolution (August 2013) and Batman Arkham City (Current) were both apart of PS+, Hitman Absolution (April 2014) is joining the Games for Gold Program in April for two weeks. Batman Arkham City is not. Gamers on one service get both retail games (PSN) and gamers on the other service get one retail game (XBL)...not understanding your point or why you bothered to strawman up Batman as part of your answer, even though it was an easy answer.

I can't answer that snide last question since I don't control either corporation unless you want I should speak in that same rhetoric.

Here goes:

"Also, the PS4 will get a retail game about the time Xbone gets a single DD game FINALLY when Games for Gold starts late on Xbone. ;)"

#24 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9919 posts) -

What a crappy month. Why can't Microsoft be more like Sony?

#25 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

@glez13 said:

Where are the free games for Hermits and Sheep?

Hermits get Dead Space from Origin.

The sheep... have been owned!

here it another game hermits can enjoy for free, although dead space has slightly - ever so slightly better graphics.

http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/old-games/dune-2.php

#26 Posted by wolverine4262 (20208 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

here it another game hermits can enjoy for free, although dead space has slightly - ever so slightly better graphics.

http://www.bestoldgames.net/eng/old-games/dune-2.php

I used to watch my brother play that when I was little. I remember thinking it was really cool. Played it a little bit.

#27 Edited by Bigboi500 (31610 posts) -

Yuck.