Guild Wars 2 MEGA HYPE GOAR!!!!! TOR What??

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

User Lists: 0

#101 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

Getting TOR. GW2 looks good but 2 MMOs is too much

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I didn't vote because I will be playing every race.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#103 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="VensInferno"]

Massive Update. I dont know why GS wont let me link videos. :?

VensInferno

just saying, i'll have to write some previews, you wouldn't mind adding them to the OP later (as in once i start writing them :P) would you? :D

I will totally add them to OP :D

thanks :D and i'm only trying my best to get people as informed about this game as possible, and helping you is one of the things i can do :P
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 BrunoBRS
I didn't vote because I will be playing every race.AmazonTreeBoa
but no main character? no race you're interested in playing first?
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts
Gonna be a good game, but won't compete with subscription MMO's. ToR doesn't have too much to fear in terms of sales/subs. It will compete with other online RPG's like Diablo III due to the price model.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]Gonna be a good game, but won't compete with subscription MMO's. ToR doesn't have too much to fear in terms of sales/subs. It will compete with other online RPG's like Diablo III due to the price model.

except it's offering what the monthly fee MMOs are, but without those fees. it's making people think "well i can pay $15 per month to play this one game... or i can pay $60 once and play this other game". they ARE competing with subscription MMOs, in the way that they are preying on it by offering the same experience with an infinitely cheaper price model.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]Gonna be a good game, but won't compete with subscription MMO's. ToR doesn't have too much to fear in terms of sales/subs. It will compete with other online RPG's like Diablo III due to the price model.

except it's offering what the monthly fee MMOs are, but without those fees. it's making people think "well i can pay $15 per month to play this one game... or i can pay $60 once and play this other game". they ARE competing with subscription MMOs, in the way that they are preying on it by offering the same experience with an infinitely cheaper price model.

I doubt it will be just $60 if you want new content on the level of sub games. I think they will have expansions every 6 months like GW1 or alot of microstransactions.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]Gonna be a good game, but won't compete with subscription MMO's. ToR doesn't have too much to fear in terms of sales/subs. It will compete with other online RPG's like Diablo III due to the price model.Jankarcop

I doubt it will be just $60 if you want new content on the level of sub games. I think they will have expansions every 6 months like GW1 or alot of microstransactions.

microtransactions are completely optional, and in the case of GW1 they didn't even do anything game-changing. as for expansions, i still don't mind them. they're optional and if you do the math, you're still paying less per month of gameplay than you would by paying monthly fees.

do it like this: instead of paying $15 for each month a player has played of WoW since its launch, this player could have paid $60 for the game and subsequent $60 for each expansion (though i'm pretty sure GW1 originally costed $40-50, but let's go with 60 for now). which one is cheaper?

themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#109 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
These guys have an excellent art style, it's always a treat just watching their games.
Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#110 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] except it's offering what the monthly fee MMOs are, but without those fees. it's making people think "well i can pay $15 per month to play this one game... or i can pay $60 once and play this other game". they ARE competing with subscription MMOs, in the way that they are preying on it by offering the same experience with an infinitely cheaper price model.BrunoBRS

microtransactions are completely optional, and in the case of GW1 they didn't even do anything game-changing. as for expansions, i still don't mind them. they're optional and if you do the math, you're still paying less per month of gameplay than you would by paying monthly fees.

do it like this: instead of paying $15 for each month a player has played of WoW since its launch, this player could have paid $60 for the game and subsequent $60 for each expansion (though i'm pretty sure GW1 originally costed $40-50, but let's go with 60 for now). which one is cheaper?

That might work if all the content for each game were of equal value and in the same quantity levels. But WoW is a much much larger game than GW. The F2P model often ends up lacking in customer service, content updates, bug fixes....Something has to pay for those. And no, I'm not bashing GW2. I'm actually excited to see what GW2 turns out to be especially with the persistent quests that are apparently procedural. Definitely hyped.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"] I doubt it will be just $60 if you want new content on the level of sub games. I think they will have expansions every 6 months like GW1 or alot of microstransactions. Ibacai

That might work if all the content for each game were of equal value and in the same quantity levels. But WoW is a much much larger game than GW. The F2P model often ends up lacking in customer service, content updates, bug fixes....Something has to pay for those. And no, I'm not bashing GW2. I'm actually excited to see what GW2 turns out to be especially with the persistent quests that are apparently procedural. Definitely hyped.

considering GW1 still gets updates and has a pretty good customer service (and as far as i know is bug-free), i'd say you're basing your claim on low-budget games. each new campaign of GW1 also introduced a brand new world to explore, 2 new classes (except for EotN, which introduced a buttload of other things) and were completely untied from each other, meaning you could own factions and never play any of the others. the only exception, again, would be eye of the north, which is the only one that behaves like an actual expansion and not a brand new campaign.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#112 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

*To those that played some GW1*

What did you get from here?.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] considering GW1 still gets updates and has a pretty good customer service (and as far as i know is bug-free), i'd say you're basing your claim on low-budget games. each new campaign of GW1 also introduced a brand new world to explore, 2 new classes (except for EotN, which introduced a buttload of other things) and were completely untied from each other, meaning you could own factions and never play any of the others. the only exception, again, would be eye of the north, which is the only one that behaves like an actual expansion and not a brand new campaign.

The customer service was non-existent when played a few years back. Harassment and griefing were all too common. Not to mention the inappropriate names that were sadly rampant. GM's were nigh impossible to reach while in-game....but that was before when I played. Not the worst F2P game customer service by any means but definitely no where near any subscription based game I've played besides Lineage II.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23943 Posts

What did you get from here?.

illmatic87

I only have 9 points so far, so enough for the orange tabby cat.

But I got a lot of gold on me, so I can easily get a few extra points, and I have a few titles I have yet to deliver.

That might work if all the content for each game were of equal value and in the same quantity levels. But WoW is a much much larger game than GW. The F2P model often ends up lacking in customer service, content updates, bug fixes....Something has to pay for those. And no, I'm not bashing GW2. I'm actually excited to see what GW2 turns out to be especially with the persistent quests that are apparently procedural. Definitely hyped.Ibacai

I would argue that while it is true WoW has more content, Guild Wars has more relevant content. Why? Because while it is true WoW adds more content on a regular basis, all the major endgame content for Guild Wars they have added is still relevant as opposed to WoW where all the content they add gets obsolete with the next expansion pack and in the case of WotLK, the release of the next raid.

Guild Wars never raised the level cap, and as a result, what existed as endgame in GW at launch is still endgame material right now. One of the beauties of Guild Wars' design.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Meeeeh. Too instanced and theme-parky for me. Call me when they make it open PvP and open PvE.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I didn't vote because I will be playing every race.BrunoBRS
but no main character? no race you're interested in playing first?

No. I will make all my chars the first day and keep switching between them. I have nine maxed out chars in GW1 with over 7,500 hours and I do not have a main char. It will be that same with GW2.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]Gonna be a good game, but won't compete with subscription MMO's. ToR doesn't have too much to fear in terms of sales/subs. It will compete with other online RPG's like Diablo III due to the price model.

only GW1 doesn't get expansions every six months. In fact, GW1 only has one expansion period. Not sure where you are getting your info, but I would stop using it as a source if I were you because they are feeding you incorrect info
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="Ibacai"][QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] considering GW1 still gets updates and has a pretty good customer service (and as far as i know is bug-free), i'd say you're basing your claim on low-budget games. each new campaign of GW1 also introduced a brand new world to explore, 2 new classes (except for EotN, which introduced a buttload of other things) and were completely untied from each other, meaning you could own factions and never play any of the others. the only exception, again, would be eye of the north, which is the only one that behaves like an actual expansion and not a brand new campaign.

The customer service was non-existent when played a few years back. Harassment and griefing were all too common. Not to mention the inappropriate names that were sadly rampant. GM's were nigh impossible to reach while in-game....but that was before when I played. Not the worst F2P game customer service by any means but definitely no where near any subscription based game I've played besides Lineage II.

how can you grief in a game where only your party affects the world?

[What did you get from here?

illmatic87
i have yet to make enough progress in eye of the north to unlock anything useful :P i do have some pieces of an armorset that i got for merely having played the prophecies demo (aka i have a playable account :P)
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 BrunoBRS

Meeeeh. Too instanced and theme-parky for me. Call me when they make it open PvP and open PvE.

QQabitmoar
uuuh... that's exactly what it is. in fact you can go from level 1 to max level without ever touching PvE if you want to. and there's the traditional PvP too for those who prefer organized matches with rules, rather than people roaming the world trying to kill each other.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#122 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
[QUOTE="illmatic87"]

[What did you get from here?

BrunoBRS
i have yet to make enough progress in eye of the north to unlock anything useful :P i do have some pieces of an armorset that i got for merely having played the prophecies demo (aka i have a playable account :P)

Yesh! I has 11 things :D illmatic87 > BrunoBRS 8)
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Maroxad

Hmm, finally some more info on cross profession combos. A Link to the Arenanet blog.

Looks like the exact system I have wanted for almost 10 years now, nice that someone is finally implementing it. *sheds tear of joy*

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#124 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

It looks great but I don't want to buy it thinking it's a real MMO like WoW and end up experiencing that instanced bullsnitzel like the first game was, Warhammer was and Age of Conan was. I'm probably missing a bunch more too. I like a fully open and persistent world.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#125 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts
[QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

BrunoBRS
uuuh... that's exactly what it is. in fact you can go from level 1 to max level without ever touching PvE if you want to. and there's the traditional PvP too for those who prefer organized matches with rules, rather than people roaming the world trying to kill each other.

I think he means a fully open world like WoW has, where you can fight pretty much anywhere and the world is constant and not instanced.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Seems kind of silly to be making this thread when this game won't even be out this year.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

FFXIV 2.0 will be better!

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Maroxad

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="QQabitmoar"]

-Unreal-

I think he means a fully open world like WoW has, where you can fight pretty much anywhere and the world is constant and not instanced.

WoW isnt fully open world, far from it. Heck, nowdays that open world you see is barely being used with everyone sitting in Orgrimmar or SW waiting for the next instanced dungeon. Heck, WoW is barely any less instanced than Guild Wars these days.

What QQabitmoar wants is ZERO instances and ZERO battlegrounds. All PvP will be world PvP, all PvE will be in the world and can be interrupted by other players. Much like Lineage was, and back when mmos were good. With actual guild competition and rivalry.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 BrunoBRS

Hmm, finally some more info on cross profession combos. A Link to the Arenanet blog.

Looks like the exact system I have wanted for almost 10 years now, nice that someone is finally implementing it. *sheds tear of joy*

Maroxad
on one side, i'm glad we got more info on it. on another, i'm kinda disappointed that they will all be "one guy lays down something, another guy spreads everything everywhere for a buff or enhanced damage"
Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

This will be the first MMO I will ever buy.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

BrunoBRS

on one side, i'm glad we got more info on it. on another, i'm kinda disappointed that they will all be "one guy lays down something, another guy spreads everything everywhere for a buff or enhanced damage"

Yeah, that seems disappoitning so far, I am hoping we get more creative combinations later on. Still, it is better than nothing, where there is minimal interaction with party members. Something that has been an enormous issue with the mmo genre.

It seems taht someone with a Zelda sig didnt notice the Zelda reference in my post. I must be terrible at making refernces :cry:

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Waiting for this since 07 and we still don't know when it come out, so why make a hype thread now? I may take another 2 years before it comes out... I'm still playing GW and been waiting for years. Can wait another year.