Guild Wars 2 MEGA HYPE GOAR!!!!! TOR What??

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] Sounds about right. People can claim it looks "revolutionary", but its prone to have failed concepts the same as the rest of them.lx_theo

Yeah of course, cause no one can be different right? MMO's will NEVER change. It is doomed just like GW1 was...oh wait.

Yeah, but different doesn't mean better, and thats the conclusion everyone seems to be jumping to without much real backing. Like I said, the new ideas are just as prone to failure as something that stays with a more proven formula (if not more).

well the primary shell of gw1 is there actually.. fairly intact, maximum party is 12, bows and gun require no ammo, you have a set skill limit, you can tool yourself and dye your armor, the world changes for you and those within YOUR party, pets, i could go on

alot hasnt actually changed vs gw1 basically whats changed is the persistent world is now there, you have your own private space to call your own, you have better visuals and audio, and freeflow combat oh and you can jump

gw2 isnt a re-invention of the wheel.. its simply a better and more detailed extension of gw1..

seperate underwater combat is certianly new though but i consider it welcome. i also like the idea of spell combo's which is sorta of a take on skill chaining from days of old.

i fail to see whats changed really..

so to quote jamie from mythbusters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8qcccZy03s

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 VensInferno
Member since 2010 • 3395 Posts

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] what about itprinceofshapeir

You mock my hype thread which has not release date yet you forget about FFV13. But I looked at your sig and now I see why.

i'm actually very hyped for GW2. i quit wow because of this game. but new information has been at a stand-still and it seems premature to make a hype thread for a game that could well be delayed into late 2012.

Lol then why didnt you say so in the beginning!? :P

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="VensInferno"] You mock my hype thread which has not release date yet you forget about FFV13. But I looked at your sig and now I see why.

VensInferno

i'm actually very hyped for GW2. i quit wow because of this game. but new information has been at a stand-still and it seems premature to make a hype thread for a game that could well be delayed into late 2012.

Lol then why didnt you say so in the beginning!? :P

i didn't think my comment would be interpreted negatively. the game has been rabidly hyped by everyone; this is the kind of game guild wars 2 is
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11814 Posts

I'll take the overpowered class like every other noob :P

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
Is it worth getting into guild wars now? I regret not jumping on the steam deal afew months back :(
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 VensInferno

I'll take the overpowered class like every other noob :P

NoodleFighter

Go back to playing maplestory!!! (Which I have played till days end) :P Crossbowmen FTW :D

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#57 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
Daww, I was thinking of making a GW2 hype thread. AAA. High hopes.
Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#58 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

Charr Warrior for me. Day one baby!

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="VensInferno"] Dont forget Final Fantasy Versus 13 :P

VensInferno

i don't think people dare make a hype thread of that game until they're sure it actually exists :P as for races, my main character will most likely be my human thief, but i wanna make a norn guardian and an asura (for the golem :P).

I might be a Slyvari Ranger, then a Charr Engineer :D

i considered sylvari while they were still elf-like, but i said if they were too nature-y i'd just not play them. and then they became plants. so yeah :P
sayer87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 sayer87
Member since 2011 • 42 Posts
im super hyped. replaying nightfall at the moment.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BrunoBRS
Is it worth getting into guild wars now? I regret not jumping on the steam deal afew months back :(lawlessx
it's a very, VERY different game from what GW2 is shaping up to be. i personally enjoy it (well factions was enjoyable until i got thrown in the slums for 20 hours of the campaign, and i didn't get to play much of eye of the north because my GW mate gave up on the game after the factions backlash :(), but it can be pretty easy to not like it. if you're interested in the story that leads to GW2 mostly, i suggest prophecies (aka the one without a second title) and eye of the north (which is only available for lv10+ characters, which isn't that much of a deal since the level cap is 20). get enough progress in EotN and you earn GW2 bonuses.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 illmatic87
im super hyped. replaying nightfall at the moment.sayer87
I should get around to finishing that, that's the only campaign that I didnt beat. Got stuck in that sulfur bit where you ride those worms.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Yeah of course, cause no one can be different right? MMO's will NEVER change. It is doomed just like GW1 was...oh wait.

ionusX

Yeah, but ifferent doesn't mean better, and thats the conclusion everyone seems to be jumping to without much real backing. Like I said, the new ideas are just as prone to failure as something that stays with a more proven formula (if not more).

well the primary shell of gw1 is there actually.. fairly intact, maximum party is 12, bows and gun require no ammo, you have a set skill limit, you can tool yourself and dye your armor, the world changes for you and those within YOUR party, pets, i could go on

alot hasnt actually changed vs gw1 basically whats changed is the persistent world is now there, you have your own private space to call your own, you have better visuals and audio, and freeflow combat oh and you can jump

gw2 isnt a re-invention of the wheel.. its simply a better and more detailed extension of gw1..

seperate underwater combat is certianly new though but i consider it welcome. i also like the idea of spell combo's which is sorta of a take on skill chaining from days of old.

the entire skill system has been completely changed, together with the whole combat. GW1 was very methodical and reliable on numbers and builds, while GW2 has skills assigned to weapons and not obtained by trainers, and also has jump and dodge mechanics implemented, to name the most basic things.

the dye system (which every MMO has some sort of i assume) has also been changed, since there are tons of dyes and you can dye different parts of a piece of armor different colors. plus it seems like it is expensive items free, which is awesome.

the world doesn't change only to you and your party, it changes to everyone. the only thing that changes to your and your party is a small part of your starting city.

the quest system has changed, the fact that there is a persistent world is a change, the changes they implemented into the persistent world are things MMOs should have dealt with years ago (read: kill stealing), etc. a lot has changed.

and honestly, "there are pets" and "bows don't require ammo" are part of the best examples you could find of "what hasn't changed"? next will be "there's a health bar and levels".

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 illmatic87
I can pick races?! This is carbon copy of GW1 :o
edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Good video of gw 2 from gamescom:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ttfOuxB6Gc&feature=feedu

:( forgot how to link again

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Aaaaannnnnnd this game comes out...when???

Let me know, I'll be playing SWTOR in the meantime.

Avatar image for ExplosiveChorro
ExplosiveChorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 ExplosiveChorro
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Charr warrior all the way, their armor is just too badass to pass up.

Then I'll probably make a elementalist Asura. Nuke the crap out of anything.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

I'm not even into MMO's, but I saw this game at Gamescom and it blew my mind. It looked beautiful and insanely fun.
And it's free to play ! I'm so getting this.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

AAAE it looks amazing.

MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

Looking forward to this, hope it's as awesome as it sounds!

8.5 is my guess.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#71 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
I predict a AAAE but even if it flops or score lower than 6, I'm getting it. Unless it turns out to be a turd like FF14.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#72 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
My hype for Guild Wars 2, 7 months ago - 10/10 My hype for Guild Wars 2, 3 months ago - 4/10 My hype for GW2 now, 100000000000000000000000000000000000/10.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#73 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="Slashless"]

game will get 8.5'd

edinsftw

Unless it is plagued with bugs and such, I dont see how it could. So far it appears to be a revolutionary MMO.

This, plus from what i have seen from gamescom footage its already extremely polished.

9.0 at least, confirmed right here folks. :) I agree with you guys. No way it's going to score less than AAAE.
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

My hype for Guild Wars 2, 7 months ago - 10/10 My hype for Guild Wars 2, 3 months ago - 4/10 My hype for GW2 now, 100000000000000000000000000000000000/10. Elann2008

lol why the drastic changes in hype? :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
AAA all the way. It is still going to be free like GW's, right?
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

.....How can you have a mega hype thread with out a realse data for the game?

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts
I am very interested in GW2... I think it'll score around 8-9 here at GS :)
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#78 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I've officially jumped on the bandwagon for this after the very lame Mists of Pandaria was announced (not lame because of pandas, but for lack of content). One question though... will the map and areas be similar to the first game, or more akin to WoW? Like fully open?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BrunoBRS
AAA all the way. It is still going to be free like GW's, right? Heil68
Buy once, play forever.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]AAA all the way. It is still going to be free like GW's, right? BrunoBRS
Buy once, play forever.

Nice, I have no problems buying the games.
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
ToR will still be my main MMORPG, but this will be a nice thing to play on the side. I definitely think it'll score AAAE.
Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#82 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
Can't wait for this... I loved the first one... Jus wished it had a jump Button...I haven't checked any info on this game since 2009... Wow this game has been in developement since 2006... Thats 5 years... Where's all the fanboys bashing it or callin it vaporware because of the long dev time, you know the peole thy did that every year gt5 wasn't out? Funny since it's not a comdole Game those fanboys are nowhere in sight.. Really goes to show what platforms have more mature audiences. As far as I am concerned guildwars 2 can be released in 2013.. If the game will be better because of it( as long as I am not forces to upgrade from windows xp, an as long as they don't use some games for windows live crap it will be fine!)
VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 VensInferno

Screens added :)

Snakemaster9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Snakemaster9
Member since 2010 • 1420 Posts

Cannot wait! I think my sig is the same :X

Yup, sig is still GW, had it this way for like a few months now! Cannot wait for this game

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17873 Posts
im not looking at any info...ive gone dark on the game. Just chiming in asking Anet to give it to me now...NOW!!! i dont care if its unfinished and a buggy mess at the mo...just GIMMEE!!! its looking awesome.
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
[QUOTE="osan0"]im not looking at any info...ive gone dark on the game. Just chiming in asking Anet to give it to me now...NOW!!! i dont care if its unfinished and a buggy mess at the mo...just GIMMEE!!! its looking awesome.

Wait....What's the point on going dark on a mmo?
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17873 Posts
[QUOTE="dreman999"][QUOTE="osan0"]im not looking at any info...ive gone dark on the game. Just chiming in asking Anet to give it to me now...NOW!!! i dont care if its unfinished and a buggy mess at the mo...just GIMMEE!!! its looking awesome.

Wait....What's the point on going dark on a mmo?

i want to be surprised. i have a vague idea of how the game will work (and it sounds great). i dont want to know the details. so from now until release i will be looking at no vids, reading no previews and when reviews do come out i will only read them if the score if not as expected (i.e. really low). i want to play the game..find cool stuff i didnt expect and get nicely surprised. sometimes getting fully up to speed on a game before its release makes the game feel a bit flat. im also doing the same for zelda SS (ive barely seen any of the vids). i dont want to know now..i want to know when i play the game :D.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23985 Posts

Asura. I always liked short races. But now I also get to be racist, arrogant, and take myself more seriously than I should. Finally an excuse to be a jerk. Oh and their laugh is just awesome.

Is it worth getting into guild wars now? I regret not jumping on the steam deal afew months back :(lawlessx

Oh yes it is worth it.

Guild Wars 1 and 2 are different enough from each other so I see it being worth it... furthermore.

1. Arenanet is still supporting the game, adding new (mini) campaigns like Winds of Change.
  2. You will be rewarded for playing Guild Wars 1 in Guild Wars 2.
  3. The game has aged really well. As you can probably see on your steam friends list, I play the game quite a bit a lot, especially recently. When I am not studying for university, I am playing Guild Wars.
  4. Since the game never increased the level cap, no content added in the last 6 years has gone obsolete.
  5. Mesmers
  6. No artificial player sereration. No servers, no region segregration (anymore) meaning that americans and europeans can easily play together.
  7. Very versalite build system. You can have 6 or more necromancers in a group. All with different sets of skills and still have a powerful group.

If you are still uncertain, play the Guild Wars trial. You can find a trial here.

Just remember, it is not an mmo.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23985 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="lx_theo"] Yeah, but ifferent doesn't mean better, and thats the conclusion everyone seems to be jumping to without much real backing. Like I said, the new ideas are just as prone to failure as something that stays with a more proven formula (if not more).BrunoBRS

the entire skill system has been completely changed, together with the whole combat. GW1 was very methodical and reliable on numbers and builds, while GW2 has skills assigned to weapons and not obtained by trainers, and also has jump and dodge mechanics implemented, to name the most basic things.

Guild Wars 1 also had skills assigned to weapons, or rather required a certain weapon. Just like in Guild Wars 2. I could not use Earth Shaker on a swords using warrior for instance. And A hammer warrior could not use dragon slash. I would argue the weapons system is expanded what was there for warriors in GW1.

But I do love how weapons will be handled in this game. You know like how in SWTOR and several other mmos unfortunately. How there if you are say a bounty hunter, you will, no matter what use pistols. Jedis will be forced to use a certain lightsaber based on their class, a bounty hunter will be forced to use pistols for instance whereas a Sith Maurader does not even have the option to use a double bladed saber. Not only that, but I also like how each class uses the weapons differently. For instance a warrior using an axe will be a lot about gaining adrenaline quickly whereas for the ranger the axe is a throwing weapon with a short range with an emphasis on dealing damage to multiple targets.

Guild Wars 1 had "dodging" as well, although it was very limited and the only thing you really could avoid was projectiles.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 VensInferno

Massive Update. I dont know why GS wont let me link videos. :?

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Hope this game turns to be awesome.

Does anyone know what the last profession will be? :shock:

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 BrunoBRS

VensInferno
just saying, i'll have to write some previews, you wouldn't mind adding them to the OP later (as in once i start writing them :P) would you? :D
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#93 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Love the SS, looks a lot better than GW1. Might have to get hyped for this game now :P.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BrunoBRS
also misinforming bit on the GW1 part: you only unlock stuff for GW2 if you play through Eye of the North.
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 KingsMessenger
Member since 2009 • 2574 Posts

Still no release date? It was suposed to come out in like 2007

Pray_to_me

No, considering it was announced in mid 2007, and the annoucement was more of a "Hey, we changed our minds, no more expansions, we are doing this instead" type of announcement rather than an actual statement of progress(Of which they had none beyond the basic lore).

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

I've been wondering when this game was coming out! I hope it turns out great :). I never got into an MMO before, this may be it!

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
I'm not a fan of mmo by an means but GW2 just looks incredible expecting an AAA. score.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

VensInferno

Glitchspot linking has been broken for months now to link do this

{url}your link goes here {/url}

if you want to name the links

{url=yourlinkgoeshere}what ever you want to call the link{/url}

and you use these brackets [] instead of the curly ones.

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 VensInferno

also misinforming bit on the GW1 part: you only unlock stuff for GW2 if you play through Eye of the North.BrunoBRS
Lol what would I do with out ya :)

VensInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 VensInferno

[QUOTE="VensInferno"]

BrunoBRS

just saying, i'll have to write some previews, you wouldn't mind adding them to the OP later (as in once i start writing them :P) would you? :D

I will totally add them to OP :D