Guild Wars 2 Gets Even More Awesome

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KingsMessenger
Member since 2009 • 2574 Posts

http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1102939p1.html

Activities have been added to the game as things that you can do when you are not questing. They offer a nice change of pace and some fresh gameplay, while still keeping you in the game world.

Activities include:

Bar Brawling, completely with bashing beer glasses over people's heads, using the environment to fight, and spewing beer all over your enemy.

Shooting Gallery. Not really explained, but you can guess what it will probably be.

They give you special weapon skins or other things as rewards, but are completely optional.

They also tie in with Achievements which are similar to the titles from the first game. They are mostly about bragging rights.

Feats are daily update bonus quests that give extra experience for doing particular things.

Finally, Personality. Your character's decisions and interactions define his personality and effect how people react to you. Is primarly a cosmetic difference because the end results no matter what your "personality" is will almost always be the same, but it does help better immerse you in your character.

Maps. The maps have been revamped. Basically, look at how Google Maps works. They are going for that when designing the World Map in the game.

GamesCom cannot come soon enough. Also, anyone who is going to be at PAX, they also confirmed that they game will be playable there as well.

GhettoBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GhettoBaron
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts

Ive been following guild wars 2 for about 3 years now since it was first announced and it gets more incredible everyday. Glad there are MMOs out there that concentrate on gameplay and fun factor rather than graphics(ala ff14...). You can really tell they used to work for blizzard.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KingsMessenger

Yeah. The incredible thing about Guild Wars 2 is that if you look really closely at a lot of the things that the original Guild Wars has done in the time since it came out, you actually see that ArenaNet has been stealth testing these mechanics in Guild Wars for a while now... It is obvious that they came up with these ideas and have been using Guild Wars to sort of test them.

For example, the activities sound like the natural progression of the Holiday Event games that are put into the game every year.

And the bar brawl sounds like an expansion of the "Norn Fighting Tournament."

Feats sound like an expansion of the "Nicholas the Traveler" and Zaishen Mission mechanics that are in Guild Wars now...

Achievements seem like an expansion on the titles.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

I hope they have rollerbeatle racing.

I need to finish Factions so my HoM is full. Have they released any info about how the HoM crossover is going to work? I haven't been keeping up.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KingsMessenger

I need to finish Factions so my HoM is full. Have they released any info about how the HoM crossover is going to work? I haven't been keeping up.

br0kenrabbit

I believe it is mostly limited to titles and bragging rights. However, weapons, armor, and pets may have some sort of crossover. I don't think that it is going to be really anything more than a cosmetic thing that shows off how awesome you were in Guild Wars though...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17878 Posts

[QUOTE="br0kenrabbit"]

KingsMessenger

I believe it is mostly limited to titles and bragging rights. However, weapons, armor, and pets may have some sort of crossover. I don't think that it is going to be really anything more than a cosmetic thing that shows off how awesome you were in Guild Wars though...

If I can keep my Warriors Vabbian Armor set and my Mini Destroyer, I'll be happy. :)

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

are they going to charge monthly fee? cuz I think monthly fee can keep ppl playing...like wow. of course, game itself has to be awesome which i am not worrying about gw2.

1st one doesnt charge monthly fee, so ppl leave it after nightfall and EoTN...PvE towns were like ghost town when I stop playing it 2 years ago.

HB and TA were pretty empty back in 2008 xmas.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#8 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

uuggh NCsoft,

no thanks, i'm done with them.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KingsMessenger

uuggh NCsoft,

no thanks, i'm done with them.

Dead-Memories

NCSoft is only the publisher. And this is not being made by a Korean team... It doesn't even answer to NCSoft Korea...

And the guys in charge are former Blizzard employees.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I am definitely picking up GW2 when it comes out.

KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KingsMessenger

are they going to charge monthly fee? cuz I think monthly fee can keep ppl playing...like wow. of course, game itself has to be awesome which i am not worrying about gw2.

1st one doesnt charge monthly fee, so ppl leave it after nightfall and EoTN...PvE towns were like ghost town when I stop playing it 2 years ago.

HB and TA were pretty empty back in 2008 xmas.

oajlu

The game remained active when they were providing new content. They stopped adding new content to go work on Guild Wars 2, so naturally people gradually abandoned it.

Just like WoW sees a decline in subscribers if they go a long period without any content updates...

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
GW1 is the only online game I have ever bought
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Are the graphics improved over the first one? I played the first one to death. Awesome and fun game.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
I'll be buying it for the art alone. And the fact that I loved the original.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts
I loved the first one, don't know if this is still considered impressive, but when I played it I had a full 15K kurzick armour completly dyed black
KingsMessenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KingsMessenger

I loved the first one, don't know if this is still considered impressive, but when I played it I had a full 15K kurzick armour completly dyed blackohthemanatee

Eh. It is OK. I had 4 different 15K sets died black on one character. My brother had 4 different 15K sets on each of his 6 PvE characters. He also farmed FoW and UW like crazy for about 7 months.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts
GW1 is the only online game I have ever boughtfunsohng
same here. Well I bought Everquest, but returned it