Guerrilla Games New IP reveal this E3 ( PS4 ) UPDATE!

• 88 results
#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

Update #1:

Seems like the new IP will have major focus on online gameplay and co-op gameplay as Guerrilla games have listed the below for hiring:

We’re looking for regular/senior designers with online, multiplayer or coop experience to work on our unannounced new IP. You’ll be part of a small team tasked with creating groundbreaking, innovative online gameplay.

Read more at http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/05/05/guerrillas-new-ip-to-have-significant-online-focus#GakfyTT9gyWFc9kA.99

Guess take it a rumor for now but An Insider has leaked a little info that Guerrilla Games next game will be a completely new IP for the PlayStation 4 ( making it the second PS4 game from the studio after they released Killzone: Shadow Fall which went on to sell over 2 million ) and that the studio is gearing up to announce it next month at Sony's conference at E3

This is the same person who leaked the PS4's UI and features in the past as well as PS4's 1.70 update

http://www.gamepur.com/news/14488-guerilla-games-will-unveils-new-ip-ps4-e3-2014-insider.html\

While im sure everyone already knew that the studio was already working on a different title other than killzone its interesting that the next game will be revealed very soon.

imo please no more FPS's thanks!

#2 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2502 posts) -

I really don´t care. Guerrilla havent made good games last 10 years.

#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14418 posts) -

Please, Please don't be a shooter.

There's some talented guys over at Guerilla especially on the technical side, but they've been stuck in this fps mold for so long that I'm not sure if they can do anything else.

#4 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

The Order 1886, DriveClub, Uncharted 4, Project Beast, Guerilla's New IP ..... Sony's gonna drop bombs at E3.

#5 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Then why comment lol.

#6 Edited by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

The Order 1886, DriveClub, Uncharted 4, Project Beast, Guerilla's New IP ..... Sony's gonna drop bombs at E3.

Media Molecule project, Sucker Punch's next project, Sony Japan studios, etc are all working on the PS4.. some pretty exciting stuff

#7 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Awesome.
You know they will make use of the PS4 and utilise to produce a decent next gen game.

#8 Edited by Kjranu (1029 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Hardly a reliable observation as it comes from the mouth of a raging Xbox fanboy who thinks the Rivals game is the second coming of Jesus Christ.

#9 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17917 posts) -

Eh, Killzone 2 was alright, but other than, I don't really think they're that great

#10 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2502 posts) -

Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall were bad games. Not even good. No wonder why multiplayer is dead already on Shadow Fall

#11 Edited by Couth_ (10162 posts) -

Inb4 third person shooter

#12 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: for someone who doesn't care. You sure do cry a lot

#13 Posted by Gue1 (10191 posts) -

if all these rumors are true then this E3 is gonna be really strong for Sony if not the strongest.

#14 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

Please not a shooter. Please please please.

#15 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Killzone 3 and Shadow Fall were bad games. Not even good. No wonder why multiplayer is dead already on Shadow Fall

Yet I bet you still play Kinect Sports Rivals.

#16 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5569 posts) -
@finalstar2007 said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Media Molecule project, Sucker Punch's next project, Sony Japan studios, etc are all working on the PS4.. some pretty exciting stuff

Sony has like 180 games in development. Maybe more. Good time to be on Playstation.

#17 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Zing!

#18 Edited by hoosier7 (3843 posts) -

Good, i think they've got the potential to do something great. I can't help but feel Killzone's stagnated and they had worked themselves into a corner where they couldn't make the game they wanted. The final level of Shadow Fall felt like a different game to the rest of it and more what they wanted to make the entire game.

#19 Posted by KratosYOLOSwag (679 posts) -

I'm pretty excited for this. Guerilla might be better at making RPGs than they are at making FPS. I hope this turns out to be Bloodborne. RPG with vampires would be awesome.

Since this is Guerilla, I'm expecting great graphics at the very least. The story should also be very good since they hired the Fallout: New Vegas writer. Unlike Shadowfall, they also don't have to rush the game to make it for launch.

#20 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Sounds exciting.

#21 Posted by Chutebox (37354 posts) -

Please God, not another shooter.

#22 Posted by lostrib (37592 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

wow, if Killzone 3 is a bad game (84 on MC) then Forza 5 (80 on MC) must really suck

#23 Edited by Blabadon (26572 posts) -

It won't be a shooter, the Blab guarantees it.

#24 Posted by finalstar2007 (25276 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Sony has like 180 games in development. Maybe more. Good time to be on Playstation.

I forgot to mention Quantic Dreams which also confirmed last year they are already working on a PS4 title.

Yeah thats why im going PS4 only this gen! pretty exciting stuff

#25 Posted by foxhound_fox (88688 posts) -

I have a feeling it will look like, sound like and play like Killzone, but be called something else, and every Sony fan will foam at the mouth over it because it's "new".

#26 Edited by Heil68 (45145 posts) -

Awesome. More games than ever, SONY and PS4.

#27 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Sony gonna bring the house down at e3. Guerilla is the best at shooters, and if rumors are true, it's an open world rpg.

SDC!

#28 Edited by lamprey263 (24135 posts) -

Wow, if they're showing something new already they really must have cracked the whip after getting Killzone 4 and Mercenaries out there. Still it'd be hard to imagine they can have something fresh and decent so soon, so maybe it's the reveal for a game set to release in late 2015. I can't imagine they'll have something more than a pre-rendered conceptual trailer. Nothing is wrong with an early heads up if it can help people being psyched about the PS4, that's probably what they want at this point to help sustain a dominating success.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if it were just another Killzone game. Though they say new IP, I wonder if a Killzone spin-off fighting as the Helghast qualifies.

#29 Edited by Couth_ (10162 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Wow, if they're showing something new already they really must have cracked the whip after getting Killzone 4 and Mercenaries out there. Still it'd be hard to imagine they can have something fresh and decent so soon, so maybe it's the reveal for a game set to release in late 2015. I can't imagine they'll have something more than a pre-rendered conceptual trailer. Nothing is wrong with an early heads up if it can help people being psyched about the PS4, that's probably what they want at this point to help sustain a dominating success.

They announced they were working on a new IP back in 2011. This game has been in development since even before Shadowfall was announced by a different team within the studio.. TBH it's about damn time they show something. It's been under wraps for a LONG time. They probably didn't want to repeat the Killzone 2 fiasco with all the "delays" and "downgrades" and what not

#30 Edited by lamprey263 (24135 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

@lamprey263 said:

They announced they were working on a new IP back in 2011. This game has been in development since even before Shadowfall was announced by a different team within the studio.. TBH it's about damn time they show something. It's been under wraps for a LONG time. They probably didn't want to repeat the Killzone 2 fiasco with all the "delays" and "downgrades" and what not

well, two year development cycles just don't cut it anymore, games still feel rushed, 3 years is decent and companies often take longer on new IPs to make favorable impressions

#31 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16623 posts) -

Cool, I hope it's a shooter

#32 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

I hope third person with mech

#33 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14418 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Cool, I hope it's a shooter

#34 Edited by kinectthedots (2002 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

He plays Ryse for god sakes. You'd have to be mentally challenged to take anything he say about the quality of any game seriously.

#35 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

@Nonstop-Madness said:

I forgot to mention Quantic Dreams which also confirmed last year they are already working on a PS4 title.

Yeah thats why im going PS4 only this gen! pretty exciting stuff

Should be noted also that QD always surpass their tech demos. Exciting stuff!

#36 Posted by Pray_to_me (2863 posts) -

God I'm glad I got a PS4.

#37 Posted by freedomfreak (40901 posts) -

Hard to get excited if it's them. I hope they'll do something different.

It'll be pretty though. Yay!

#38 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3074 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Sony gonna bring the house down at e3. Guerilla is the best at shooters, and if rumors are true, it's an open world rpg.

SDC!

Not even you can truly believe that.

#39 Edited by lostrib (37592 posts) -

@applefan1991 said:

@xboxdone74 said:

SDC!

Not even you can truly believe that.

Well he's not very bright so anything is possible

#40 Edited by AznbkdX (3221 posts) -

That's cool. All they make is Killzone so don't expect anything major. :P

#41 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9622 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

wow, if Killzone 3 is a bad game (84 on MC) then Forza 5 (80 on MC) must really suck

Only on System Wars is a game that got an 84 on MC a bad game.

#42 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9622 posts) -

As one of the only non-cows that liked Killzone 2 and 3, I look forward to seeing what GG does next.

#43 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26572 posts) -

Please not a shooter.I love KZ.

#44 Edited by HAZE-Unit (10476 posts) -

Was it Guerrilla who hired a big writer for their next IP?

#45 Posted by Scipio8 (650 posts) -

This is indeed good news, time to put KZ to rest, it didn't live up to be a Halo killer. GG should be moved to other projects.

#46 Posted by silversix_ (14785 posts) -

Can they make a none chore game? After four games i don't think so.

#47 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2433 posts) -

Hopefully it's not another fps

#48 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (872 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

>91, 84, 77, 78, 73 on Meta

But I wouldn't expect someone with a kinect avatar to know anything about games.

#49 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@applefan1991: why would your Caesar not believe that, casual shooter citizen?

Carry on.

#50 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3074 posts) -

@xboxdone74: you're gonna try and make this Caesar stuff a thing now aren't ya ? Oh joy