Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4/X1/Wii U)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (56088 posts) -

Developer DrinkBox is bringing a new digital version of Guacamelee to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Wii U.

Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition is "coming soon." Similar to the Gold Edition on PC, it bundles all previous DLC into one game and expands the original story with new levels and boss battles. Playable characters will also receive new abilities in the updated version of the awesome 2D action/platformer. You can check out some of the new skills in the announcement trailer below.

Look for more on Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition on IGN closer to its launch.

SOURCE

I really liked Guacamelee when it hit PC last year, so it's great that next gen console owners will get to be able to play this gem soon too. I will almost certainly be picking it up for my Wii U, the Gamepad enhance the gameplay so much.

Also, ell oh fucking ell at the name. Nicely done, guys. Nicely done.

#2 Posted by CountBleck12 (22672 posts) -

I have yet to play the game, although I have the Wii U I still might end up getting it on PC instead.

#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (19552 posts) -

Would be amazing if the gamepad did shit. they have yet to justify the damn thing outside of off TV play.

#4 Posted by charizard1605 (56088 posts) -

Would be amazing if the gamepad did shit. they have yet to justify the damn thing outside of off TV play.

But I thought you liked its usage in The Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 >.>

#5 Posted by darkspineslayer (19552 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

I liked it's usage in Pikmin 3, thought W101 tried to do too much at once.

Still, one game.

#6 Posted by jg4xchamp (47431 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

Pikmin 3's use of that thing is so worthless.

The "go here" mechanic in the story mode is almost unneeded, and even then with the right set up the wii-mote is a better way to play Pikmin 3. W101 is legit, not necessarily for how the drawing stuff works(certain moves are janky, and thus the game has fail safes put in place for those moments) as the game is more legit because it's the only fresh game on the WiiU that doesn't feel like "more fucking x-series". At this point only Zombie U has any interesting uses for that pad which really isn't surprising. Third party coming up with more interesting uses for Nintendo's hardware gimmicks.

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (56088 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

I liked it's usage in Pikmin 3, thought W101 tried to do too much at once.

Still, one game.

In any case, I'm not even talking about some world shattering use of the Gamepad here. Just having the map constantly available to me in a Metroidvania would expedite the gameplay so much.

#8 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Wii U is getting a game?

OMG! what is happening here!!

#9 Posted by charizard1605 (56088 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

Pikmin 3's use of that thing is so worthless.

The "go here" mechanic in the story mode is almost unneeded, and even then with the right set up the wii-mote is a better way to play Pikmin 3. W101 is legit, not necessarily for how the drawing stuff works(certain moves are janky, and thus the game has fail safes put in place for those moments) as the game is more legit because it's the only fresh game on the WiiU that doesn't feel like "more fucking x-series". At this point only Zombie U has any interesting uses for that pad which really isn't surprising. Third party coming up with more interesting uses for Nintendo's hardware gimmicks.

Well, I honestly haven't played any of those three games (unless repeated failed attempts with TW101's demo count), so I wouldn't know much either way.

I gave up on the Gamepad having any game changing uses about four months into the Wii U's release- at this point, its greatest utility comes from Off TV Play, as well being an always present map/inventory screen. It sucks that the so called innovation has been reduced to this, but it is what it is, I guess.

#10 Posted by SolidTy (42488 posts) -

I got Guaca back when it was a PS+ title. Short, fun, and sweet. Good subtitle.

#11 Posted by darkspineslayer (19552 posts) -

All Wii U kicking aside, I do still need to get to this game. Won't be on a next gen console though, thing still plays fine on my PS3 and Vita.

#12 Edited by charizard1605 (56088 posts) -

All Wii U kicking aside, I do still need to get to this game. Won't be on a next gen console though, thing still plays fine on my PS3 and Vita.

Lol getting the inferior version

#13 Posted by darkspineslayer (19552 posts) -

@charizard1605: Lol rebuying games on a new console when it already runs perfectly on a system I already own the content on.

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (56088 posts) -

@charizard1605: Lol rebuying games on a new console when it already runs perfectly on a system I already own the content on.

Sorry, your post made it sound like you didn't have the game yet

#15 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6976 posts) -

I would buy it if it came to 360.

#16 Edited by darkspineslayer (19552 posts) -

@charizard1605: C'mon Chaz, how could you think I would have waited this long on something that can be described as, as champ affectionately does, "fucking luchador Metroid".

#17 Edited by charizard1605 (56088 posts) -

It is, actually. I just didnt have the space to put it in the topic title.

@charizard1605: C'mon Chaz, how could you think I would have waited this long on something that can be described as, as champ affectionately does, "fucking luchador Metroid".

cuz ur a ninny

#18 Posted by darkspineslayer (19552 posts) -
#19 Posted by KBFloYd (13218 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Wii U is getting a game?

you are getting butthurt..thats whats happening..lol

bye bye vita

#20 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6976 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

It is, actually. I just didnt have the space to put it in the topic title.

@darkspineslayer said:

cuz ur a ninny

Cool. I'll look into it then.

#21 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Sweenix said:

Wii U is getting a game?

you are getting butthurt..thats whats happening..lol

bye bye vita

I already finished this game on my vita :/ got it free with psplus

:o

#22 Edited by Zaraxius (205 posts) -

Hmm, DrinkBox Studios? Never heard of them. I think I'd like to know more about them. I'll check Wikipedia.

"DrinkBox Studios is an independent-"

Nope, fuck that. I'm not even going to bother wasting my time.

#24 Posted by CleanPlayer (9788 posts) -

I hope in this version the goat guy has more momma jokes

#25 Posted by finalstar2007 (24973 posts) -

Got it for $2 on PS3 ( vita version was free ), this was one of those games that make you want throw the system outside of the window, its one of those that make you rage and it sure made me rage a lot but at least in the end i beat it... wont touch it again.

but wow WiiU actually getting a game? :o

#26 Edited by flashn00b (2906 posts) -

I'm kinda hoping that they release a Super Turbo Championship Edition upgrade as DLC for the PC. Then again, beggars can't be choosers.

#27 Posted by getyeryayasout (7183 posts) -

I forced myself on Guacamelee on PS3 until it gave me the coveted plat trophy. It's a fantastic game. Might double dip, might not. Dunno.

#28 Posted by hiphops_savior (7858 posts) -

I'd say it justified plenty. I don't have to pause every time I need to take a shit.

#29 Posted by lostrib (34691 posts) -

Picked it up in the last humble bundle. Decent game