GTA V release date confirmed by Rockstar!

• 200 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by RageQuitter69 (1297 posts) -

Finally some relieable information, assuming that Spring is the North American release date, we will get it in Autumn here down under. An improvement over GTA IV is obvious, I hope that the plane handling is improved since San Andreas, I didn't like how planes automatically gained altitude, I also hope they add the GTA IV style car handling to planes, I also hope it is possible to sink boats just by shooting a hole below the waterline.

#102 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]<>Anyone with half a brain cares more about Watch Dogs.sts106mat
why? because it looks good graphically? we know next to nothing about the game.

what we know so far about watch dogs is it atleast bringing something new to table what GTA is doing? same as 20 other games. steal cars. drive, shoot gangs, cop chase, complete missions, immature sex scenes Copy- paste. we got GTA 25
#103 Posted by sts106mat (19098 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]<>Anyone with half a brain cares more about Watch Dogs.SNIPER4321
why? because it looks good graphically? we know next to nothing about the game.

what we know so far about watch dogs is it atleast bringing something new to table what GTA is doing? same as 20 other games. steal cars. drive, shoot gangs, cop chase, complete missions, immature sex scenes Copy- paste. we got GTA 25

i dont know what watchdogs is bringing to the table that is new (honestly).

i suppose because some people enjoy GTA for what it is, that means its no good....makes sense coming from you

#104 Posted by Pug-Nasty (8508 posts) -

I hated GTA IV, but I"m excited. RDR had almost infinitely better mechanics than GTA IV, and nothing quite compares to GTA when it comes to open world. Definitely looking forward to the return of airplanes and, unlike San Andreas, the popin being better than me crashing into invisible trees when turfing.

#105 Posted by sts106mat (19098 posts) -

I hated GTA IV, but I"m excited. RDR had almost infinitely better mechanics than GTA IV, and nothing quite compares to GTA when it comes to open world. Definitely looking forward to the return of airplanes and, unlike San Andreas, the popin being better than me crashing into invisible trees when turfing.

Pug-Nasty
aeroplanes confirmed? - if so, this goes from a probably, to a day one.
#106 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -
[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

sts106mat

GTA4 is best GTA game also Just cause 2 has MUCH better planes than GTA games...
#107 Posted by sts106mat (19098 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

SNIPER4321

GTA4 is best GTA game also Just cause 2 has MUCH better planes than GTA games...

GTA4 was boring, GTA San Andreas was 10X more fun. i hope GTA5 is more like SA.
#108 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8530 posts) -

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] aeroplanes confirmed? - if so, this goes from a probably, to a day one.sts106mat

Absolutely agreed.

#109 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] GTA4 is best GTA game also Just cause 2 has MUCH better planes than GTA games...GamerwillzPS

Absolutely agreed.

Me too.I enjoyed my time with GTA4, but there just wasn't enough to do. Not a fun place to be. I never even finished the story, and the only reason I even continued playing as recently as this year, was because I was having fun experimenting with mods.

Also, yes, aeroplanes were officially confirmed to be back in GTA5, a few months ago, I believe.

#110 Posted by IgGy621985 (4659 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] GTA4 is best GTA game also Just cause 2 has MUCH better planes than GTA games...GamerwillzPS

Absolutely agreed.

For me it's Vice City > GTA 4 > San Andreas > GTA 3 > GTA London > GTA 1 > GTA 2.

Somehow I liked the Miami setting and the 80s music the best. Also, Tommy was IMO the most charismatic character in the series.

#111 Posted by MrJack3690 (2227 posts) -
#112 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8715 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] GTA4 was boring, GTA San Andreas was 10X more fun. i hope GTA5 is more like SA.IgGy621985

Absolutely agreed.

For me it's Vice City > GTA 4 > San Andreas > GTA 3 > GTA London > GTA 1 > GTA 2.

Somehow I liked the Miami setting and the 80s music the best. Also, Tommy was IMO the most charismatic character in the series.

Exact same order as me.
#113 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

cannot wait for this game! while pokemon is the pinnicle of handheld gaming, gta is easily the pinnicle of console gaming

#114 Posted by JasonDarksavior (9325 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] aeroplanes confirmed? - if so, this goes from a probably, to a day one.

There was a lot more to do in San Andreas too
#115 Posted by sts106mat (19098 posts) -
[QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] GTA4 is best GTA game also Just cause 2 has MUCH better planes than GTA games...

yes, it was better all round, more variety in the missions, more humour, better music.
#116 Posted by clyde46 (45463 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] GTA4 was boring, GTA San Andreas was 10X more fun. i hope GTA5 is more like SA.

yes, it was better all round, more variety in the missions, more humour, better music.

A game world the size of SA and packed with just as much content running on the RAGE engine would be full of win!
#117 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

vice city > san andreas

#118 Posted by clyde46 (45463 posts) -

vice city > san andreas

Meeeper282
I prefer Vice to SA but SA had a lot more to do.
#119 Posted by sts106mat (19098 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="JasonDarksavior"] There was a lot more to do in San Andreas tooclyde46

A game world the size of SA and packed with just as much content running on the RAGE engine would be full of win!

i just want a hangar in the desert with a runway and a bunch of military / civilian planes again.

flying into the sunset in my little cesna, with "freebird" just randomly coming on the radio was what GTA:SA was all about. i want that sort of generation defining moment again.

GTA4 had nothing like it, you should always be looking to top the previous' games "wow" moments. when you limit the options of what the player can do, you limit the chances for special stuff like that happening.

remember all the UFO and Bigfoot stuff? there was nothing like that for GTA4 from what i can remember.

perhaps MP was to blame? RDR certainly didn't suffer from the inclusion of MP though.

#120 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3171 posts) -

GTA4 walks all over San Andreas.

Again, I see people criticizing 4 for not being a game it wasn't trying to be. I didn't have fun with any other game like I did GTA4 (& BoGT) this gen.

#121 Posted by clyde46 (45463 posts) -

Again, I see people criticizing 4 for not being a game it wasn't trying to be. I didn't have fun with any other game like I did GTA4 (& BoGT) this gen.

drinkerofjuice
I enjoyed the gritty GTA4 and I enjoyed goofing around in GTA:SA.
#122 Posted by drinkerofjuice (3171 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"] I enjoyed the gritty GTA4 and I enjoyed goofing around in GTA:SA.

No doubt that San Andreas was a very enjoyable game, all things considered. It was just rather rough around the edges.
#123 Posted by PressXtoJump (1493 posts) -
GTA4 was the best GTA so far, no contest
#124 Posted by coolkid93 (6715 posts) -
Day one buy for me. Had mine on preorder for a while now.
#125 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

drinkerofjuice

I have to agree. Well, with the first part. I haven't played BoGT (I was working on The Lost and the Damned and 100%ing the normal camapaign and then my save got deleted :cry: ), but it was a much, much more enjoyable game for me than San Andreas was.

Not that San Andreas was a bad game or anything, but I couldn't get into it the way I could with GTAIV or Vice City. And it's not really a comparable game, anyway. GTAIV wanted to be serious across the board. San Andreas did not.

The best comparison to San Andreas is Vice City, and I'll argue that Vice City wins that all day long.

#126 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Hell yeah another GTA game, that's exactly the same as the other 20 GTA games.

Anyone with half a brain cares more about Watch Dogs.

HaloinventedFPS

I care about both but Watch Dogs more, do I win?

#127 Posted by princeofshapeir (13851 posts) -

[QUOTE="HaloinventedFPS"]

mitu123

People still trust Ubisoft to make good games?
#128 Posted by PressXtoJump (1493 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

i dont, watch dogs is pretty mysterious though, need more info.. also, GTA5 is gonna be an already settled world, xp, etc
#129 Posted by PressXtoJump (1493 posts) -
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

i dont, watch dogs is pretty mysterious though, need more info.. also, GTA5 is gonna be an already settled world, xp, etc

tho watchdogs,,,,if i had to pick one not knowing anything about it, i would go with it too based on what they showed
#130 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] yes, it was better all round, more variety in the missions, more humour, better music. sts106mat

i just want a hangar in the desert with a runway and a bunch of military / civilian planes again.

flying into the sunset in my little cesna, with "freebird" just randomly coming on the radio was what GTA:SA was all about. i want that sort of generation defining moment again.

GTA4 had nothing like it, you should always be looking to top the previous' games "wow" moments. when you limit the options of what the player can do, you limit the chances for special stuff like that happening.

remember all the UFO and Bigfoot stuff? there was nothing like that for GTA4 from what i can remember.

perhaps MP was to blame? RDR certainly didn't suffer from the inclusion of MP though.

A great post, and I definitely agree, SA had some of the most memorable moments I ever saw in gaming, and yes, I too enjoyed flying a lot, and yep, there was plenty of Freebird!

Such a fitting song for the occassion! :)

That said, I did enjoy GTA IV a lot, but it just couldn't match SA...

#131 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

Why is are people saying Watch Dogs is better?

All it has is better graphics and a novel twist. It's not exactly unique or anything.

#132 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

princeofshapeir

People still trust Ubisoft to make good games?

I trust them to create an incredibly interesting concept that will fall flat on its face, ala Assassin's Creed.
#133 Posted by sts106mat (19098 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] A game world the size of SA and packed with just as much content running on the RAGE engine would be full of win!Rocker6

A great post, and I definitely agree, SA had some of the most memorable moments I ever saw in gaming, and yes, I too enjoyed flying a lot, and yep, there was plenty of Freebird!

Such a fitting song for the occassion! :)

That said, I did enjoy GTA IV a lot, but it just couldn't match SA...

thanks, i did enjoy GTA4 for a while, i played every night for weeks, but having a game of darts or pool / bowling is not as much fun and the missions weren't as fun either.
#134 Posted by sts106mat (19098 posts) -

All it has is better graphics and a novel twist. It's not exactly unique or anything.

OB-47
because some people think its cool to hate on popular things. i am not even a big GTA fan at all, i only truly enjoyed one of the three that i played. still i can understand that it is always a quality game.
#135 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

OB-47

Just a few hipsters here and there... :P

I get the feeling, it all falls down on "popularity is bad, niche is good" viewpoints. Just like people hating on CoD, it's popular, so they want it to be replaced with something else...

Same here, GTA is very popular, so it's "overrated", and needs to be replaced...

#136 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

Rocker6

I get the feeling, it all falls down on "popularity is bad, niche is good" viewpoints. Just like people hating on CoD, it's popular, so they want it to be replaced with something else...

Same here, GTA is very popular, so it's "overrated", and needs to be replaced...

Meh. I think it's more that Watch Dogs is "New and Exciting!"TM and GTA isn't anymore.
#137 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

DarkLink77

Meh. I think it's more that Watch Dogs is "New and Exciting!"TM and GTA isn't anymore.

I grew up with GTA games, and honestly, I can say, I was never fatigued by the franchise. Rockstar handles it very well, they leave plenty of room between sequels, there are no annual installments, and when a new game is released, it packs in lots and lots of content, and feels like a signifficant jump from its predcessor. From what I've seen so far, GTA V is on the right track to continue the "tradition"...

And honestly, I don't see what's so "New and Exciting" about Watch Dogs, the graphics wow'd me, sure, but aside from that, nothing groundbreaking. Of course, those impressions are based on the limited amount of info we have at this point, so they can easily change in the future...

#138 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Rocker6

I grew up with GTA games, and honestly, I can say, I was never fatigued by the franchise. Rockstar handles it very well, they leave plenty of room between sequels, there are no annual installments, and when a new game is released, it packs in lots and lots of content, and feels like a signifficant jump from its predcessor. From what I've seen so far, GTA V is on the right track to continue the "tradition"...

And honestly, I don't see what's so "New and Exciting" about Watch Dogs, the graphics wow'd me, sure, but aside from that, nothing groundbreaking. Of course, those impressions are based on the limited amount of info we have at this point, so they can easily change in the future...

I agree on GTA. Every GTA release is an event, and the games always feel new and fun. I was just stating the common Internet perception of "New=Better." I mean, you've seen all the "We Need New IPS NOAW!!!1!" threads. It looks good graphically, and the concept is incredibly interesting (at least to me). It also has the Who Watches the Watch Dogs? mini-meme going for it. :P
#139 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

OB-47

Only SNIPER and Halosomething said that. And we know how they are.

#140 Posted by adamosmaki (9459 posts) -
So you mean Patcher was wrong about a 2012 date ? Shocking
#141 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="OB-47"]

sts106mat

because some people think its cool to hate on popular things. i am not even a big GTA fan at all, i only truly enjoyed one of the three that i played. still i can understand that it is always a quality game.

Yeah if you spend any amount of time on SW, you'll notice the only people stupid enough to say "Watch Dogs is better" are the hipsters who only hate GTA because it's new and love Watch Dogs because it's like "so underground man".

We don't know anything about Watch Dogs except that it's an open world crime game, one that is pretty and lets you push a button on your phone to hack the planet or whatever. Not a new concept, and it's a game we know so little about that it's laughable to even compare it to a game we know is from an esteemed franchise with the news on it already showing off how amazing it's going to be.

#142 Posted by Doolz2024 (9604 posts) -
So you mean Patcher was wrong about a 2012 date ? Shocking adamosmaki
He once predicted the game would be out by the end of 2010. He has no clue what he is talking about most of the time.
#143 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5150 posts) -
GTA4 was the best GTA so far, no contestPressXtoJump
No. Not even close. The only way to think that is to get hit in the head with a shovel....Multiple times.
#144 Posted by SPYDER0416 (16736 posts) -

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]GTA4 was the best GTA so far, no contestTheWalkingGhost
No. Not even close. The only way to think that is to get hit in the head with a shovel....Multiple times.

When you are out of middle school maybe you'll realize what an "opinion" is before bashing someone for praising what is objectively one of the best games ever made, and the highest scoring GTA title of all time. In this case they're more in the right then you would ever be.

#145 Posted by danjammer69 (4111 posts) -
LOLNOPCRR360DD
YEPYOUR'READOUCHE
#146 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
GTA 4 sucked. 5 is gonna be amazing like San Andreas.
#147 Posted by K-E316 (1651 posts) -

It will be 5 years since GTA4. Been waiting sooo long for this game.:D

#148 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7263 posts) -

Best gaming news this year.

#149 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5150 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]GTA4 was the best GTA so far, no contestSPYDER0416

When you are out of middle school maybe you'll realize what an "opinion" is before bashing someone for praising what is objectively one of the best games ever made, and the highest scoring GTA title of all time. In this case they're more in the right then you would ever be.

The irony of this immature rant is almost too much.
#150 Posted by princeofshapeir (13851 posts) -
[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"]GTA4 was the best GTA so far, no contestTheWalkingGhost

That's the only way you'll develop a taste for good games, apparently. GTA IV is the best in the series by far. You haters would rather the game retain the GTA III era engine so long as you could get haircuts and make your character a fatass.