GTA V release date confirmed by Rockstar!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PCgameruk (1512 posts) -

Spring 2013!:D

http://www.videogamer.com/ps3/gta5/news/rockstar_confirms_spring_2013_release_date_for_gta_5.html

Grand Theft Auto V will release worldwide on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 during spring 2013, Rockstar Games has announced.

The release window was announced ahead of parent company Take-Two Interactive's proposed fiscal Q2 2013 earnings call, which had been due to take place in New York later today. That has since been called off, however, due to the catastrophic effects of Tropical Storm Sandy.

Talking about GTA V's release date, Rockstar Games founder Sam Houser said: "Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design. We can't wait to share it with fans."

Rumours of a spring release date hit the web earlier today following a tweet from retailer GAME. The tweet - which has since been pulled - showed marketing material outlining the spring 2013 release date.

More information on GTA V is expected to be revealed next week. On November 8, further details on the game - including a set of previously unseen screenshots - are due to be revealed via Game Informer.

#2 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5120 posts) -
YESS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BETTER NOT GET DELAYED
#3 Posted by Sushiglutton (5604 posts) -

Given how much R* has improved TPS mechanics in games after GTA4 and that they now can focus on filling the world rather than just building it, I think GTAV has potential to be absolutely amazing :D!!!

#4 Posted by Icarian (1558 posts) -

Already mentioned in the other thread, but cool. Day 1.

#5 Posted by bobbetybob (19307 posts) -
Yep, makes sense, said it before a few places, last 4 years, like clockwork, one new Rockstar game in April/May.
#6 Posted by Cheleman (7891 posts) -

i'll be waiting.

#7 Posted by jsmoke03 (13345 posts) -

april/may is awesome....wish it was in june though....summer never get any new game love

#8 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
I never understood why people get so excited when they find out the release date for something. You've got a long way to go. Then it might get delayed or worse, it might suck. Just sit back and relax.
#9 Posted by PCgameruk (1512 posts) -
I never understood why people get so excited when they find out the release date for something. You've got a long way to go. Then it might get delayed or worse, it might suck. Just sit back and relax. todd2r_Partdeux
You mean like waiting ten years for the next Duke Nukem game?
#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Looking forward to it. Let the countdown begin

#11 Posted by RR360DD (13100 posts) -
LOLNOPC
#12 Posted by Obviously_Right (5324 posts) -

Hermits be cried.

#13 Posted by glez13 (9063 posts) -

So that probably means very late 2013 or early 2014 for PC. Since 3 they have always released it like around 7 months later.

#14 Posted by icyseanfitz (2493 posts) -

i am a rockstar fanboy but i really dont want to have to play gta5 on my 360, after getting a gaming pc i cant go back to those crappy fps that gta5 if anything like gta4 will un-doubtingly have

#15 Posted by wis3boi (32065 posts) -

LOLNOPCRR360DD

LOL every GTA game has had a pc release after the console version :roll:

#16 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Hermits be cried.

Obviously_Right

Na, we got better games to play.

#17 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

Cool, will preorder. Might get on PC later whenever that comes out.

#18 Posted by yellonet (7768 posts) -

Since when is "spring" a date? :roll:

#19 Posted by PAL360 (27380 posts) -

GOTY 2013!!!

#20 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17787 posts) -

GOTY 2013!!!

PAL360

Yup.

Unfortunate for Bioshock Infinite too as this is like the ONLY game I could see topping the new Bioshock and Bioshock had to get delayed so it will be coming out a little bit before it gets overshadowed by GTA5....

#21 Posted by mitu123 (154668 posts) -

Oh wow the 1st half of 2013 gets even better, shame about no PC version mentioned.

#22 Posted by PressXtoJump (1484 posts) -
i wonder if ps version will be better just like every other gta in history
#23 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -
Hopefully theres no exclusive content BS this time around.
#24 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10895 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]LOLNOPCwis3boi

LOL every GTA game has had a pc release after the console version :roll:

Nope. GTA 1 and GTA 2 were released on PC first.
#25 Posted by Rockman999 (7232 posts) -

God damn that's a long ways to go. :( Day one regardless.

Cool, will preorder. Might get on PC later whenever that comes out.

GD1551

Yo bromeo what anime is that on your sig?

#26 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

LOLNOPCRR360DD

Hermits be cried.

Obviously_Right

Good things happen to those who wait! ;)

In the meantime, enjoy your empty and lifeless streets mixed with some "cinematic" blur trying to hide the low-res textures and abysmal draw distances... :)

#28 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]LOLNOPCRocker6

Hermits be cried.

Obviously_Right

Good things happen to those who wait! ;)

In the meantime, enjoy your empty and lifeless streets mixed with some "cinematic" blur trying to hide the low-res textures and abysmal draw distances... :)

I showed my friend GTA4 LCS on PC and he said it was like a whole new game for him.
#30 Posted by XVision84 (13804 posts) -

Dats fantastic new bro! :o I can't wait 2 play GTA V, I havn't playd a GTA game b4 so its gona be dope ;) :D :P.

#31 Posted by PressXtoJump (1484 posts) -
just another GTA. done to death so many times I better wait for Watch Dogs. something new and refreshingSNIPER4321
i dont know how accidently posted this here, the halo thread is stickied
#32 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -
[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"]just another GTA. done to death so many times I better wait for Watch Dogs. something new and refreshing

Bitter, bitter, bitter.
#33 Posted by Pittfan666 (8542 posts) -
Would've just waited for the new consoles.
#34 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I showed my friend GTA4 LCS on PC and he said it was like a whole new game for him.clyde46

I played GTA IV on a friend's 360 a little before the PC version released, when I finally got my hands on it, I felt exactly the same!

And that's without any mods, there were none at the time! :)

#35 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]I showed my friend GTA4 LCS on PC and he said it was like a whole new game for him.Rocker6

I played GTA IV on a friend's 360 a little before the PC version released, when I finally got my hands on it, I felt exactly the same!

And that's without any mods, there were none at the time! :)

You *can* make it look like the console versions by putting that god awful filter on from the options menu. Not that you would want to mind you.
#36 Posted by mirautaj (328 posts) -

Oh wow the 1st half of 2013 gets even better, shame about no PC version mentioned.

mitu123

Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45951/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-spring-2013.html

#37 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

mirautaj

Hey guys, glad to see so much enthusiasm about the release announcement. For those asking about the PC platform, we're currently focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game and don't have any details to share about a PC version at this time. Anyone that continues to spam the comments section will have their commenting privileges suspended.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/45951/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-spring-2013.html

GOTY Edition with all DLC included confirmed.
#38 Posted by with_teeth26 (6324 posts) -

If they give the PC version the same treatment as Max Payne 3 it will be worth the wait. Still disappointing its not getting a release at the same time.

#39 Posted by mariokart64fan (19805 posts) -

I would not get to excited Not making the game for the Wii u is a sign rockstar hasnt got their act together

I am willing to bet that it will be shorter then iv , and youll still look for 100 pigeons and things that are unnessasary to the enjoyment , ill wait for reviews if it cant improve the crash modeling then they really need to get their act together when you flip a car it should crumble into peices

#40 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

I would not get to excited Not making the game for the Wii u is a sign rockstar hasnt got their act together

I am willing to bet that it will be shorter then iv , and youll still look for 100 pigeons and things that are unnessasary to the enjoyment , ill wait for reviews if it cant improve the crash modeling then they really need to get their act together when you flip a car it should crumble into peices

mariokart64fan

I hope you aren't being serious with the bolded part.

#41 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -
Ill get the PC version if and when it releases. GTA4 is so ugly on consoles. I actually played the PS3 version for 4 hours straight and stopped because my eyes started to hurt. The next morning I woke up and had an eye infection. True story.
#42 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

Ill get the PC version if and when it releases. GTA4 is so ugly on consoles. I actually played the PS3 version for 4 hours straight and stopped because my eyes started to hurt. The next morning I woke up and had an eye infection. True story.BPoole96

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that you played for 4 hours straight. I've never heard of poor graphics hurting someone's eyes, you are just being dramatic.

#43 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]Ill get the PC version if and when it releases. GTA4 is so ugly on consoles. I actually played the PS3 version for 4 hours straight and stopped because my eyes started to hurt. The next morning I woke up and had an eye infection. True story.NirdBerd

Maybe that has something to do with the fact that you played for 4 hours straight. I've never heard of poor graphics hurting someone's eyes, you are just being dramatic.

Or could he actually be... sarcastic? :o

#44 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

[QUOTE="NirdBerd"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]Ill get the PC version if and when it releases. GTA4 is so ugly on consoles. I actually played the PS3 version for 4 hours straight and stopped because my eyes started to hurt. The next morning I woke up and had an eye infection. True story.Rocker6

Or could he actually be... sarcastic? :o

*gasp* Yeah

#45 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Nothing for PC? :?

#46 Posted by PressXtoJump (1484 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
lmao
#47 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Flop incoming.
#48 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

GamerwillzPS
R* has never really released GTA for the PC on time with the console slop.
#49 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

GamerwillzPS

It'll be the same as always. nothing in the beginning and then a version will come.

#50 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerwillzPS"]

clyde46

R* has never really released GTA for the PC on time with the console slop.

Whatever they are doing, let's hope they will be doing a decent job with PC version like Max Payne 3.