GTA V PC version is going to be boss.

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Before you guys all jump on me, hear me out.

First, I'm not knocking the current console versions of the game in any way. The game is brilliant as is, but after playing through the story and messing around with the online it occurred to me how amazing the potential here is.

-The RPG elements

-Far better graphical detail, draw distance, AA, and particle effects

-The modding community can do some pretty amazing stuff

-Pinpoint accuracy with the mouse. Shooting won't just be autoaim --> shoot. There's going to be better flow to the combat.

The graphical style and visual difference is going to be crazy. It's going to be a much more refined experience.

edit: assuming that they don't mess it up while porting it

#2 Edited by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

The modding it´s what´s gonna elevate GTA V even further,look at the wonders it did for GTA4,it´s like a completely new game now,and better in every possible way.

#3 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

@MrYaotubo: The modding to weapons and cars alone made the experience ridiculously more awesome. I remember spending an hour or so trying to mod the weapons and their sounds. I ended up with a silenced custom glock .45, and an M4 (silenced).

Completely changed the experience.

#4 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Found a pic of a car I modded.

#5 Posted by Suppaman100 (4329 posts) -

Agree, GTA is one of those (few) games that is meant to be played on PC.

Everyone was crying GTAIV sucked...but most people played it on a console...yes it sucked on a console.

GTA IV was epic on PC, especially the crazy multiplayer.

#6 Edited by BattleSpectre (6818 posts) -

Yeah it'll be pretty boss, hopefully they screw their head on right when porting it over. I finished it on the PS3 and loved it, easily one of my favourite games of 2013.

#7 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

Give me one example of when the PC version of a game ISN'T better...

Was, is, and always will be the case.

#9 Edited by BattleSpectre (6818 posts) -

@kipsta77: There have been times when a PC port was pretty bad and unoptimized , but it's a low percentage compared to every other game that runs better on the PC.

#10 Edited by gameofthering (10454 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

Resident Evil 4

#11 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3223 posts) -

#12 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17314 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

The Force Unleashed

Saints Row 2

Bully

Devil May Cry 3

Dark Souls

#13 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

@kipsta77 said:

Resident Evil 4

Can be fixed with mods.

#14 Edited by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

@kipsta77 said:

The Force Unleashed

Saints Row 2

Bully

Devil May Cry 3

Dark Souls

I´ll give you the others but Dark Souls was on par with the console versions on release and with a stable framerate(something that the console versions will never have),but since the release it has become the de facto version of the game,by far.

#15 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17314 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

@gameofthering said:

@kipsta77 said:

Resident Evil 4

Can be fixed with mods.

The game didn't have any mods or fixes when it first came out.

#16 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I am sure it would eventually release on PC when the console exclusive deal runs out

#17 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17314 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@kipsta77 said:

The Force Unleashed

Saints Row 2

Bully

Devil May Cry 3

Dark Souls

I´ll give you the others but Dark Souls was on par with the console versions on release and with a stable framerate(something that the console versions will never have),but since the release it has become the de facto version of the game,by far.

I will never consider the PC version on par with consoles simply because there is no way to stop hackers or cheaters from ruining the game. The online and atmosphere are big factors of Dark Souls to me. Having those things ruined by another players unfair advantage is terrible.

The PC version also uses GFWL. A service that is infamous in deleting game saves and making save transfers impossible.

#18 Edited by gameofthering (10454 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

@gameofthering said:

@kipsta77 said:

Resident Evil 4

Can be fixed with mods.

I've tried it with mods but I don't think it's as good as the console version. Ubisoft messed up when putting the game on the PC.

#19 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

The PC version has been confirmed?

#20 Posted by blackace (21322 posts) -

@chrisrooR: Most gamers have already completed the game and moved on to something else now. I'm almost done with it myself. Unfortunately I got a little distracted with PS4 and XBox One games, so I haven't gone back to it in awhile. I don't see any reason to get it again for the PC. I know it'll have modes, etc..., but I could care less about that crap. Good for PC gamers who waited though. I'm looking forward to GTA VI and Fallout 4 now.

#21 Posted by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

It will be quite glorious when it hits PC, as always. I'm excited to finally get a chance to play it!

#22 Posted by Nuck81 (5943 posts) -

Will it being on PC actually give anyone a reason to play after they finish the story?

#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9280 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

Diablo 3.

#24 Posted by lazerface216 (7560 posts) -

i'm playing gta5 right now and it looks awesome, soooo much better than 4. i can't even imagine the possibilities on pc. has it even been announced for it though?

#25 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

#26 Edited by Jankarcop (10502 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@kipsta77 said:

Diablo 3.

8.5 > 8.0

You proved him right.

#27 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

IF a PC version comes then yeah it will be amazing. The PS3 version already looks incredible so 1080p,60 fps better AA and AF will go a long way towards that.

#29 Posted by clyde46 (47440 posts) -

Already finished it. I'll wait for a Steam sale.

#30 Posted by anab0lic (374 posts) -

Honestly dont care about it at all.... yeah it will look better, have higher frames per second... wont change the god awful controls and fact that its...just....not... that fun to play.

#31 Edited by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

lol strong port begging.

#32 Posted by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

Devil May Cry 3.

#33 Edited by Butcer2 (67 posts) -

@chrisrooR: indeed gta 5 on pc is going to rivial even red dead redemption on pc !

#34 Posted by chrisrooR (9027 posts) -

Ok, so it seems this thread's filled up with idiotic stuff about no confirmed release.

My post is assuming that somewhere down the road, it will come out for PC. Again, I'm not bashing the console version of the game, but I see a CRAZY amount of potential for the PC in terms of graphical upscaling and modability.

Controls will be far more precise (M+KB), and shooting's going to take a bit of skill rather than the auto-aim garbage you're forced to do with the controller.

Remember, this is all IF the game does come out for PC. I haven't confirmed anything here, no am I trying to.

#35 Posted by foxhound_fox (90562 posts) -
@ShepardCommandr said:

#36 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

Nearly every game is better on PC. The only genres I'd rather play on consoles is racing sims, and fighting games.

#37 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Nearly every game is better on PC. The only genres I'd rather play on consoles is racing sims, and fighting games.

Well,.it´s kinda hard to play racing sims on consoles when all the racing "sims" are all on the PC. :p

#38 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16028 posts) -

What if there really isn't going to be a pc version? Imagine the backlash.

#39 Edited by biggest_loser (24131 posts) -

The PC won't make the mission design any better.

#40 Posted by blackace (21322 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

@kipsta77 said:

The Force Unleashed

Saints Row 2

Bully

Devil May Cry 3

Dark Souls

lol!! Any NES, SNES, Genesis, SMS, Saturn, Dreamcast game running on the PC using an emulator. All those games are always better on the original game console.

#41 Posted by wis3boi (31945 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

name one major GTA game that hasnt released on PC following the console release? Oh right, none

#42 Posted by millerlight89 (18641 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

name one major GTA game that hasnt released on PC following the console release? Oh right, none

It wil be poor;ly optimized, and by that time console gamers will be playing newer games on their systems. Besides, still no confirmation that it is coming.

#43 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (985 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Well,.it´s kinda hard to play racing sims on consoles when all the racing "sims" are all on the PC. :p

poor choice of words on my part. really any racing game is better on consoles imo

#44 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Got this on PS3 for my daughter for Christmas. While she can't play it, I can and I am having a blast on it. I look forward to grabbing it later down the road on PC when I catch a deal.

#45 Edited by SteXmaN (489 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@wis3boi said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

It wil be poor;ly optimized, and by that time console gamers will be playing newer games on their systems. Besides, still no confirmation that it is coming.

PC version was developed alongside with the console versions,so the quality will probably be like the PC version of MP3.

"by that time console gamers will be playing newer games on their systems" and PC gamers don't have any other games than GTA? xD gtfo

As for confirmation ,here:

OK? OOOK.

#46 Edited by Mr-Powers (462 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

@kipsta77 said:

The Force Unleashed

Saints Row 2

Bully

Devil May Cry 3

Dark Souls

de facto as in they can't get anybody to play it even with steam sales? I would call pc version a ghost town, but you don't even see ghosts of other players because it's dead. There's a reason devs release pc versions late as hell and as bad ports, because you guys pirate everything or wait for steam sales where publishers make shit for profit, and yet still end up going back to crap like League of Legends anyways.

Indie devs can't wait until they can get a publisher to back them so they can develop on console and escape pc hell.

#47 Posted by wis3boi (31945 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@wis3boi said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

Can I have your crystal ball?

#48 Edited by Jamex1987 (2187 posts) -

GTA IV was such crap on PC. Games for Windows Live is just horrible and barely anyone play it.

#49 Posted by -Unreal- (24551 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

• GTAV isn't a Sony title.
  • 'Begging' for ports of games on a specific system is not a PC-only trait

Also, isn't that screenshot from a moviegame?

#50 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

@-Unreal-: the one that scored a 9? Yeah it is. Stay jelly. :)