GTA V lacks replayability

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by drekula2 (3268 posts) -

I know they spent so much money and effort on all of the finer mechanics, but I feel like there are more fundamental flaws that hurt it.

Lethality is far too high.

San Andreas let you spend upwards of 15-20 minutes exploring before your recklessness got you in trouble. GTA V can kill you minutes, whether it's because of the hypersensitive police in the city or your bike capsized down a small mountain. I like a challenge but sometimes I just want to explore without worrying that deviating from the acceptable path just a little bit would get me killed. That, and even with a low health bar, the campaign proved to be quite easy.

#2 Posted by danabo (2476 posts) -

You don't like Golf, then?

#3 Posted by sukraj (24187 posts) -

@danabo said:

nice tongue imo.

#4 Posted by drekula2 (3268 posts) -

@danabo said:

i do but what about just going around and causing chaos. i'm not asking for saints-row-4 godmode, but GTA5 has no tolerance for risk-taking

#5 Posted by biggest_loser (24180 posts) -

They spend far too much time on meaningless side tasks and not enough on the core mechanics and main missions.

#6 Posted by danabo (2476 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

@danabo said:

i do but what about just going around and causing chaos. i'm not asking for saints-row-4 godmode, but GTA5 has no tolerance for risk-taking

My tolerance for GTAV: Golf Simulator ended about thirty minutes into my second playthrough.

L.A. Noire isn't just better than RDR, it's better than GTAV - "imo"

#7 Posted by sukraj (24187 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:

They spend far too much time on meaningless side tasks and not enough on the core mechanics and main missions.

it sucks to be u then if u didn't like gta V.

#8 Posted by KungfuKitten (21543 posts) -

I'm sure the mod community will keep the game interesting.

#9 Posted by biggest_loser (24180 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@biggest_loser said:

it sucks to be u then if u didn't like gta V.

Sucks even more to love everything.

#10 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

I've found loads of replayability by being creative. Get a cargobob and hook up a tank, drive it to the top of chiliad, have a police shootout and drive the whole way back down yelling "FUKDAPOLICE"

#11 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3229 posts) -

I like it a lot. I've played the campaign numerous times. To me it had WAY more replay-ability that its predecessor.

#12 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17570 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:

It has none

#13 Posted by aroxx_ab (11030 posts) -

Oh it lacks replayability? why didnt you tell me earlier?!?!? i have played through it 2times and think about play it again when it come out for PC !!!

#14 Posted by Netret0120 (2871 posts) -

Disagree immensely.

I couldn't put it down on my 1st playthrough and I only disvovered certain things on my 2nd. Ill probably play the story again later on but there is GTA Online keeping me entertained aswell.

The game is relatively easy but if you use cheats, you can wreak havoc easily too. Only gripe with the game was the ending, felt soooo rushed to me. Could have dedicated a mission to dealing with each character, not one big cluster**** and BOOM game over

#15 Posted by KungfuKitten (21543 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@KungfuKitten said:

It has none

I know :3

#16 Edited by -Unreal- (24567 posts) -

Wait for the PC version. Let the players add replayability.

#17 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9910 posts) -

I disagree.

The single player is very lengthy, and I love driving across the map pulling off crazy shenanigans.

Oh and for those who complain about the missions, the game is a 30-40 hour campaign. There has not been or ever will be a game of this length that has 100% fun all the time content without filler. It's simply not possible.

#18 Edited by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -

I feel more inclined to go through GTA4+EFLC again than GTA5.

#19 Edited by heretrix (37636 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

Lethality is far too high.

I never had a problem exploring. yeah the game did some weird shit from time to time but no more than any other GTA game.

The cops are kinda bitchy though, but in the city they are a lot more fun to escape from.

#20 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (1080 posts) -

@-Unreal- said:

Wait for the PC version. Let the players add replayability.

Speaking of PC version, at my local bestbuy, they had a massive boxed strategy guide in the PC game section, it looked just like a PC box set but.. i swear they were trolling, literally tricked about 4 people. and they were all incredibly happy, "OMG i didn't know there was a PC version out!"

i'm not gonna lie, i was tricked at first.

But i wouldn't be lying if i said this was one of the best, if not the best game i have ever played, and the replayability comes in the form of choosing the different options for missions(A-B-C)...which completely change the game/story..

so i don't know what TC is getting at..

I'm a bit confused...it lacks because you don't know how to drive and or can't out run cops? and i thought only boats could capsize....??

#21 Posted by stuff238 (990 posts) -

I just played around 20 minutes last night and did the coolest thing ever. I was riding down a mountain on a bike, crossed a street, hit something, did a bunny hop and I just cleared the top of a chain link fence and landed safely on the other side. I'm just like "no ****** way". I should've died lol.

It's those little random things which makes me keep playing. I doubt I will ever be able to re-create that. :P

#22 Posted by lamprey263 (26102 posts) -

what about going for perfect scores on certain mission? or the online (haven't tried it so don't know how flawed it really is)?

#23 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I feel more inclined to go through GTA4+EFLC again than GTA5.

EPLC is amazing

#24 Posted by HavocV3 (7955 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

what about going for perfect scores on certain mission? or the online (haven't tried it so don't know how flawed it really is)?

The online is pay2win for anyone that never got a chance to glitch their way to a massive bank. And the ranks are a ridiculous grind fest. (the last thing you want in a GTA game)

If you enjoyed GTA4's online- Where you just jumped right in and picked up a bunch of free weapons/vehicles and started rampaging- then you won't enjoy GTA5 online.

#25 Posted by BattleSpectre (7564 posts) -

Be creative. If you're dying too soon you obviously suck at being a dare-devil and having fun (hehe). Just don't piss off the police-kind-of-fun and you'll be fine.

#26 Posted by CTR360 (7401 posts) -

GTA V its masterpiece haters gona be hate

#27 Posted by sukraj (24187 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I disagree.

The single player is very lengthy, and I love driving across the map pulling off crazy shenanigans.

Oh and for those who complain about the missions, the game is a 30-40 hour campaign. There has not been or ever will be a game of this length that has 100% fun all the time content without filler. It's simply not possible.

I thought the campaign last 100 hours imo?

#28 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I thought the single player campaign lost it's momentum and became a bit of a chore. I remember looking on the map to see which character had the next mission and just feeling complete apathy toward what was happening next.

Don't get me wrong the game world was superbly created and no-one does open world gaming like R* but my got it got tedious very quick.

#29 Posted by sukraj (24187 posts) -

@withe1982 said:

I thought the single player campaign lost it's momentum and became a bit of a chore. I remember looking on the map to see which character had the next mission and just feeling complete apathy toward what was happening next.

Don't get me wrong the game world was superbly created and no-one does open world gaming like R* but my got it got tedious very quick.

why did it get tedius.

#30 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@sukraj: IMO the latter missions all seemed to take on some degree repetitiveness. I couldn't discern one mission from the next. I think it came down to the 3 character thing more than anything. I just wasn't given enough time to relate to any of them so in the end I had no empathy for their plight. Whatever that was as it was very easily forgotten.

Take the final mission for example. Having to track down and kill the three main antagonists. By that time I just either didn't remember what exactly they had done or just didn't care at all if they died or not. I think the final moments of single player sum it up for me. The three guys dump the body and just sort of drift off into nothingness.

#31 Posted by biggest_loser (24180 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I disagree.

GTAIV for me.

#32 Edited by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

I loved the game but I have to admit, I haven't gone back to it since I finished it. Which is weird since i've replayed the last of us twice (a linear game) as well as replaying some of my fav chapters for fun. You'd think I would clock in more hours on a GTA game than a linear game.....

#33 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9910 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

I disagree.

GTAIV for me.

I'm one of the biggest fans and defenders of GTA 4 and even I admit that game has a lot of repetition and filler.

#35 Posted by Netherscourge (16354 posts) -

I agree. I played through all the major missions and most of the minor ones, did some of the extra-curricular activities and then took it to Best Buy and sold it for $40, along with my X360 for $100.

If it was a PS4 game, I'd still be playing it right now. But Best Buy's trade-in offer was WAY too good to pass up.

Same deal with GT6 - I'd get it if it was on the PS4, but since it's PS3 only, I'm not getting it.

Shame, really. These next-Gen consoles should have had backward compatibility in them. But they don't. So, they'll lose out on some current-gen sales.

#36 Posted by TheEroica (14620 posts) -

I think GTAV has plenty of replayability... And it will get better as the online is nurtured. The problem is I haven't touched the game since I beat it... But that's because Assassins Creed 4 is a better game and I literally can't stop playing it.

#37 Edited by TheEroica (14620 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: "straight outa LowCash, a crazy muthafucka named McLaughlin" #CB4Sequal

#38 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9906 posts) -

at the very least you can play the heists again but with different strategies

#39 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@seanmcloughlin: "straight outa LowCash, a crazy muthafucka named McLaughlin" #CB4Sequal

Yeah son!!

#40 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12211 posts) -

I sold my copy after finishing the story. Enjoyed it immensely, but I don't miss owning it in the slightest. So I'm inclined to agree.