GTA V confirmed for PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jankarcop (9289 posts) -

http://www.gta5cheats.com/linkedin-profile-says-rockstar-working-on-gta-v-for-pc/

GTA V: minus the sub HD, lowest settings, long loads, tiny view distance, no mods, and 15-19 fps. LOLZ.

Where is you god now, consolites?

#2 Posted by Obviously_Right (5093 posts) -

lol

#3 Posted by RR360DD (11797 posts) -
"could be a mistype" Keep begging herms :lol:
#4 Posted by Nanomage (2417 posts) -
Everyone knows it´s coming,only some select people seriously desperate for ownage argued otherwise around here.
#5 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -
I'm still getting 360 version first beucase I dont want to play, theb the PC version later after it goes on sale for cheap, just like i did with GTAIV.
#6 Posted by 1-UPking82 (101 posts) -
While my PC can easily run this, I'm still getting it for my 360 due to controller preference and I just find console gaming more comfortable. I know this is SW where it's all about the ownage....but really the console versions will look and run good too.
#7 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27549 posts) -
I'll get it on whatever platform it comes out first on.
#8 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27549 posts) -
While my PC can easily run this, I'm still getting it for my 360 due to controller preference and I just find console gaming more comfortable. I know this is SW where it's all about the ownage....but really the console versions will look and run good too.1-UPking82
Except you can use your 360 controller with your PC. I'm playing saints row 3 with mine ...
#9 Posted by Jankarcop (9289 posts) -

"could be a mistype" Keep beggingtumblr_m6eoyoWl6K1rnbspd.gifRR360DD

Keep crying for miracles console kiddy :lol:

#10 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

I think we all know GTA V is coming to PC. The real qeustion is whether this port will meet peoples desires.

GTA IV PC worked well for me. The lack of AA was strange, yes, but it wasn't buggy on my machine. Other people seemed to have problems with it, though.

#11 Posted by Arach666 (23027 posts) -

Pretty obvious that it´s coming,no surprise at all.

[QUOTE="1-UPking82"]While my PC can easily run this, I'm still getting it for my 360 due to controller preference and I just find console gaming more comfortable. I know this is SW where it's all about the ownage....but really the console versions will look and run good too.blue_hazy_basic
Except you can use your 360 controller with your PC. I'm playing saints row 3 with mine ...

You´re a mod now? Congrats mate. ;)

#12 Posted by Desmonic (13767 posts) -

I'm not even sure why this is still news worthy.. It's obviously coming sooner or later :P I'd gave at MOST a full year after launch to also release on PC, but my bet goes to it releasing just 6 months after.

#13 Posted by 1-UPking82 (101 posts) -
[QUOTE="1-UPking82"]While my PC can easily run this, I'm still getting it for my 360 due to controller preference and I just find console gaming more comfortable. I know this is SW where it's all about the ownage....but really the console versions will look and run good too.blue_hazy_basic

Oh I know, I use my 360 controller to play Witcher 2 on my PC. I just find it to be better, hmm....what's the word...."optimized" I guess you could say with consoles and the controller than PC. If that makes any sense, probably not lol.
#14 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

I think we all know GTA V is coming to PC. The real qeustion is whether this port will meet peoples desires.

GTA IV PC worked well for me. The lack of AA was strange, yes, but it wasn't buggy on my machine. Other people seemed to have problems with it, though.

organic_machine

I'll get it on whatever platform it comes out first on.blue_hazy_basic

New mods? Cool

#15 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -
"could be a mistype" Keep begging herms :lol:RR360DD
Your tears, keep them coming.
#16 Posted by Badosh (12733 posts) -
Nothing confirmed, but duh.
#17 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
You have to be a complete idiot who refuses to look back at the past to not believe GTA V will eventually be ported to the PC.
#18 Posted by Kjranu (965 posts) -
R* is officially trolling PC gamers. :P
#19 Posted by heretrix (37349 posts) -

I don't even understand how people don't know this, considering that the 360 controller has always been compatible with the PC since day one. I was using a 360 controller before I had a 360.

Congrats. with the mod thing.

#20 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="1-UPking82"]While my PC can easily run this, I'm still getting it for my 360 due to controller preference and I just find console gaming more comfortable. I know this is SW where it's all about the ownage....but really the console versions will look and run good too.heretrix

I don't even understand how people don't know this, considering that the 360 controller has always been compatible with the PC since day one. I was using a 360 controller before I had a 360.

Congrats. with the mod thing.

A 360 pad is almost a essential purchase.
#21 Posted by RR360DD (11797 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]"could be a mistype" Keep begging herms :lol:clyde46

adfc2e.jpg

Keep it up :lol:

#22 Posted by 1-UPking82 (101 posts) -

organic_machine
It had problems when it launched on PC, but it got patched later and is just fine. I'm sure Rockstar learned their lesson.
#23 Posted by Led_poison (10143 posts) -
If PC comes with the limited/Collectors edition, ill buy it on PC, if not might have to get the 360 LE/CE version. I enjoy R*'s CE/LE editions
#24 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27549 posts) -
Thanks for the grats folks.
#25 Posted by Silenthps (7278 posts) -
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="1-UPking82"]While my PC can easily run this, I'm still getting it for my 360 due to controller preference and I just find console gaming more comfortable. I know this is SW where it's all about the ownage....but really the console versions will look and run good too.1-UPking82

Oh I know, I use my 360 controller to play Witcher 2 on my PC. I just find it to be better, hmm....what's the word...."optimized" I guess you could say with consoles and the controller than PC. If that makes any sense, probably not lol.

I don't think you should make that judgement based on the Witcher 2 which is a game built exclusively for PC at the time so they mostly had the interface designed for KB+M. You should try testing out games that have the full controller icon on steam big picture mode to see how it feels.
#26 Posted by Farsendor1 (415 posts) -

While my PC can easily run this, I'm still getting it for my 360 due to controller preference and I just find console gaming more comfortable. I know this is SW where it's all about the ownage....but really the console versions will look and run good too.1-UPking82

most pc games have 360 controller support now

#27 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]"could be a mistype" Keep begging herms :lol:RR360DD

adfc2e.jpg

By posting that, we all know that you're scared when the better version comes to PC.
#28 Posted by 1080pOnly (1986 posts) -

It was never in doubt. The only problem is that is was designed for the sh1tty last-gen consoles so while it might look better on PC, everything else will be held back by the limited peasant-tech.

#29 Posted by Jankarcop (9289 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]"could be a mistype" Keep begging herms :lol:RR360DD

:cry:

:lol:

#30 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

A 360 pad is almost a essential purchase. clyde46

how supported is it? Can it work for any game, or does it only work for specific games? I bought Psychonaughts (dem Steam sales) and it really was designed for a controller, and I've wondered as to whether it would work with a 360 controller.

#31 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"]A 360 pad is almost a essential purchase. organic_machine

how supported is it? Can it work for any game, or does it only work for specific games? I bought Psychonaughts (dem Steam sales) and it really was designed for a controller, and I've wondered as to whether it would work with a 360 controller.

Most modern games work with it. Older games may not as they werent designed for it (it wasnt out).
#32 Posted by Farsendor1 (415 posts) -

psychonaughts has 360 controller support, most games that release on pc have 360 controller support.

#33 Posted by Arach666 (23027 posts) -

Psychonauts was updated with achievements and controller support,so it works with the 360 one,I used it when I played it last year.
#34 Posted by Avenger1324 (16344 posts) -

OK so how many people here commented before clicking the link? check the LinkedIn profile it linked to?

Looks like Rockstar got to him, since it is now edited to remove the mention of the PC version

#35 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

We discovered this yesterday on GTAForums.com
We ALL know there will be a PC version, His profile first showed PC and then he removed that part, Which means they want to keep it secret for various reasons.

#36 Posted by RR360DD (11797 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Your tears, keep them coming.clyde46

adfc2e.jpg

By posting that, we all know that you're scared when the better version comes to PC.

I'll have beaten the game twice by the time it arrives on PC. Enjoy your old news

#37 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27549 posts) -

On steam it will tell you whether it has full or partial support with a controller. Even partial means pretty much that you only need a controller, you might just be missing some bindings or options.
#38 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

adfc2e.jpg

RR360DD

I'll have beaten the game twice by the time it arrives on PC. Enjoy your old news

Good for you, doesnt change the fact that you are eating fast food, while we will be eating a banquet.
#39 Posted by tonitorsi (8327 posts) -

There's no official confirmation from Rockstar themselves yet, but it will make its way to PC eventually.

Thanks for the grats folks.blue_hazy_basic

Mod status eh?

SW gets more interesting every day.

#40 Posted by MrYaotubo (2682 posts) -

adfc2e.jpg

RR360DD

Old news like The Witcher 2,Minecraft,four year old port of Crysis and so many more? Yeah,at least some wait for far superior versions of the games where its full potential can be unlocked,others wait for heavily downgraded ports of games,like yourself I guess. :lol:
#41 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

The thread
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=543401&st=0

#42 Posted by RR360DD (11797 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] By posting that, we all know that you're scared when the better version comes to PC.clyde46

Good for you, doesnt change the fact that you are eating fast food, while we will be eating a banquet.

Enjoy your late and cold banquet. I like my food fresh

#43 Posted by lostrib (35923 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] By posting that, we all know that you're scared when the better version comes to PC.clyde46

What kind of fast food?

#44 Posted by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

RR360DD

Hardly cold, when we get the better version. Better graphics, better frame rates, better options, better everything! Enjoy your subpar fatty food.
#45 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

organic_machine

Like that matters. Even if it's a sh*tty port modders will have it fixed up within a week.

#46 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

lol

Obviously_Right

Is this matter not settled in full already?

Can't believe we still have consolites running around trying to claim the ownage over this... a bit sad, when you think about it! :(

#47 Posted by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

psychonaughts has 360 controller support, most games that release on pc have 360 controller support.Farsendor1

Psychonauts was updated with achievements and controller support,so it works with the 360 one,I used it when I played it last year.Arach666

On steam it will tell you whether it has full or partial support with a controller. Even partial means pretty much that you only need a controller, you might just be missing some bindings or options.blue_hazy_basic

Neato! Thanks for the info, guys. I bought the game two years ago but haven't gotten far due to controls. Now I finally get to play it again.

EDIT: clyde, I tried to include your quote but it keeps glitching (i guess to too many quotes). So thank you too.

#48 Posted by RR360DD (11797 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] Good for you, doesnt change the fact that you are eating fast food, while we will be eating a banquet. clyde46

Hardly cold, when we get the better version. Better graphics, better frame rates, better options, better everything! Enjoy your subpar fatty food.

And untimately, the same game. But late.

#49 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

There's no official confirmation from Rockstar themselves yet, but it will make its way to PC eventually.

tonitorsi

They did say they were thinking about the PC and Wii U version.

I'm hoping that both versions get announced but if neither version get announced I would play it on my PS3.

#50 Posted by RR360DD (11797 posts) -

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

lol

Rocker6

Is this matter not settled in full already?

Can't believe we still have consolites running around trying to claim the ownage over this... a bit sad, when you think about it! :(

We all know its coming to PC. Just funny seeing herms cream themselves everytime something leaks about it