GTA V Announced for PC/ Next Gen Consoles

#51 Posted by melonfarmerz (1143 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Good for Hermits they can play last years scraps while everyone else plays Destiny.

Do you ever get tired? By scraps you been a vastly superior version, running at 1080p, 60 frames, and modded to the point where the game is timeless?

I have the 360 version and I can assure you that game is unplayable. It's like 20fps.

Late ports late ports! U mad freak?

Absolutely furious.

#52 Posted by Heirren (16826 posts) -

I was hoping it was coming out for ps4--I can't stand that frame drop nonsense.

#53 Posted by lamprey263 (23484 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I'd love the idea of next gen remakes, the more that do it I hope it makes other publishers think of doing it. I'd love to see Mass Effect and Dead Space trilogies down the line, with 1080p/60fps.

I honestly doubt anyone really cares about 60 fps in SP. The moment we see a game can do 60 fps, we just find more ways to bog it down with graphical mods. ;)

well, I imagine achieving 1080p/60fps would be the simplest thing they could do, but if the publisher would like to go through graphically enhancing the games through slight redesigning and refinement graphically I'd be totally okay with sacrificing 1080p/60fps so they can achieve whatever revision they see fit on next gen hardware

#54 Posted by heretrix (37339 posts) -

My favorite announcement of E3. It's pretty laughable that people actually thought this wasn't going to happen.

#55 Edited by krisroe_213 (872 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Good. The framerate killed it.

I couldn't even get through 7 hours of it on my 360. Framerate was terrible and the pop ins! I'm speeding through an empty street and then bam a car pops out of nowhere in front of me.

They should have just released it on the next gen platforms and PC to begin with

#56 Edited by GhoX (4860 posts) -

@zeta said:

just a little update: you know... for maximum crying.

Okay, fucking lost it at the 30 fps limit sign.

Now all I'm waiting for is a Dragon's Dogma remake on PS4 or a port to PC. GTA5's framerate was bad, but Dragon's Dogma's framerate was downright unplayable.

#57 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

i would mos def consider re-buying the pc version for the campaign and all the mods you know will be coming.

although i bet the multiplayer will be ruined by the cheatfest that basically defines pc multiplayer these days.

#58 Posted by lostrib (35674 posts) -

i would mos def consider re-buying the pc version for the campaign and all the mods you know will be coming.

although i bet the multiplayer will be ruined by the cheatfest that basically defines pc multiplayer these days.

didn't that already happen on console?

#59 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (645 posts) -

But, TC, how is GTA V ON PC, HUH, HUH, HUH???!!!

Oh wait...

#60 Edited by KHAndAnime (13613 posts) -

If you didn't see this coming from a mile away, you're a moron.

#61 Edited by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Fall is pretty far away, but I can wait. Thank you Godstar!

#62 Posted by Gue1 (9740 posts) -

many people thought it was not gonna happen and I almost fell for the hyper but then saw the frame-rate, pop-ins and blurryness and started hoping for next-gen port. Because of these same issues it's why I haven't played Mass Effect either and I have no idea how I could even beat Deus Ex HR... These games were nearly unplayable to me.

#63 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

didn't that already happen on console?

well i mean people don't shoot me through walls or win races by clipping through the track.

i don't care about the money thing, that didn't affect the multiplayer for me at all since i could still win races and shootouts whether some guy had 10 billion gta bux in the bank or not.

#64 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

many people thought it was not gonna happen and I almost fell for the hyper but then saw the frame-rate, pop-ins and blurryness and started hoping for next-gen port. Because of these same issues it's why I haven't played Mass Effect either and I have no idea how I could even beat Deus Ex HR... These games were nearly unplayable to me.

seriously?

who didn't think it was going to happen after every other one got a port?

hell, i remember the majority of us talking about how we were going to buy the pc version before the console version even released.

#65 Posted by -RocBoys9489- (6222 posts) -

About damn time, the game looked like a giant f**king turd on 360. The resolution was just...awful, I couldn't see certain things clear at times. Simply unacceptable.

#66 Posted by IgGy621985 (4745 posts) -

Not too bad E3 after all. Bunch of good games coming to PC. And now this announcement. Pretty good.

Sadly, Microsoft didn't announce anything exclusively for PC, as usual.

#67 Edited by Northernboxer (1666 posts) -

Did Rockstar screw themselves with this double release tactic? Will you buy GTA6 at the end of this generation, or wait for the real one on pc or next gen consoles?

#68 Posted by IgGy621985 (4745 posts) -

Did Rockstar screw themselves with this double release tactic? Will you buy GTA6 at the end of this generation, or wait for the real one on pc or next gen consoles?

It's logical to wait for new consoles to gain user base. Nothing wrong with that.

#69 Posted by harry_james_pot (10765 posts) -

I can't wait to see how it will look with ENB. :D

#70 Posted by da_illest101 (7436 posts) -

Unless it has specific content to it that interest me, I can't see myself rebuying a game just for better graphics, resolution and framerate even if it's my game of the gen.

#71 Posted by wiifan001 (18393 posts) -

it IS coming to pc after all I totally missed that.

#72 Posted by wis3boi (31279 posts) -

Good for Hermits they can play last years scraps while everyone else plays Destiny.

thanks for beta testing it and keeping the toilet seat warm, peasant ;)

#73 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6248 posts) -

Not really interested in rebuying it.

#74 Posted by inb4uall (5454 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Do you ever get tired? By scraps you been a vastly superior version, running at 1080p, 60 frames, and modded to the point where the game is timeless?

I have the 360 version and I can assure you that game is unplayable. It's like 20fps.

I have the Ps3 version and I can confirm that you are a graphics whore. The game is most certainly playable. Also while this is good for PC gamers it certainly isn't something to brag about getting it that much later and all.

#75 Posted by inb4uall (5454 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Good. The framerate killed it.

and the resolution. Everything was fuzzy looking

That's fine and your entitled to your opinion. Just want to point out you said in your vids a decent number of times how good you thought the game looked.

#76 Posted by aroxx_ab (9447 posts) -

PC won e3 for me...

• GTA5
  • Rainbow 6
  • FarCry 4
  • Batman
  • Battlefield hardlined
  • Assassins Creed Unity
  • The Devision

The PS4 looks like a good console to get to go with my high end PC.

Cannot wait for Rainbow 6 and FarCry 4.

Where did they say GTA V come to PC? only for Ps4 so far...keep dreaming hermits...

#77 Edited by Led_poison (10143 posts) -

wow ok, no need to buy a console anytime soon

#78 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11424 posts) -

Finaly ! I'm not so much happy that GTA V is coming to PC so much as I am happy about not hearing console gamers brag about it anymore....... Glad thats over....

Now everybody can Experience just how overated this game really is and that all that really matters. :p

#79 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Good to hear they put an official announcement right away. So we didn't have to deal with a week of crazy sony fanboys yelling "only on PS4"!

Bah, no one would've listened. Everyone knew GTA V on PS4 meant everyone else was coming along too.

Well, except WiiU.

#80 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3761 posts) -
@aroxx_ab said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

PC won e3 for me...

• GTA5
  • Rainbow 6
  • FarCry 4
  • Batman
  • Battlefield hardlined
  • Assassins Creed Unity
  • The Devision

Where did they say GTA V come to PC? only for Ps4 so far...keep dreaming hermits...

It says it on the bottom of the trailer...

#81 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2563 posts) -

Game will be DX11 only.Don't expect any enb mods as enb is not compatible with DX 10/11

#82 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (11424 posts) -

@Northernboxer

What ? No !

Rockstar knows fullwell people will be lining up day one to play their crap...... They know if they went Wii U Exclusive then 20 Million Wii U's would sell just for GTA V..... They'l even by a Special Bundle.... "Kill a Hooker" Edition. Rockstar has got these suckers by the balls and they know it.....

#83 Edited by alicia998 (6 posts) -
#84 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Unless it has specific content to it that interest me, I can't see myself rebuying a game just for better graphics, resolution and framerate even if it's my game of the gen.

I was hoping they would also announce dlc for owners of last gen version and include it with the next gen versions. A new character to switch to with his own campaign would have been awesome.

#85 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

PC won e3 for me...

• GTA5
  • Rainbow 6
  • FarCry 4
  • Batman
  • Battlefield hardlined
  • Assassins Creed Unity
  • The Devision

The official trailer mentions it. Everyone has known for hours now.

#86 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10482 posts) -

Fuck yes. Barely playable on my 360 thanks to the shit textures, drastic popin and 20fps.

0.o You and I have been playing very different games - GTA V runs fine on my 360.

___

I'm a bit dissapointed in Rockstar and Rockstar North for pulling a cash in like this (the next gen consoles not necessarily the PC port)

#87 Edited by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

Fuck yes. Barely playable on my 360 thanks to the shit textures, drastic popin and 20fps.

0.o You and I have been playing very different games - GTA V runs fine on my 360.

___

I'm a bit dissapointed in Rockstar and Rockstar North for pulling a cash in like this (the next gen consoles not necessarily the PC port)

Everyone has different standards.

#88 Posted by Epak_ (6773 posts) -

**** YES! I can wait, hopefully they make a decent port.

#89 Edited by Speak_Low (1009 posts) -

This cycle will return with GTA 6. Herms will hate Rockstar again when it comes out for PS4/X1 only and BEG for another PC port.

This was the most begged-for game I've ever seen. Swelling petitions, Youtube crying, forum whining. Finally the pacifier has quieted them down.

You see, for all the console jokes and "Master Race" this and that, it's good to be a Cow/Lem - we get first tickets to the Rockstar show because we make them the most money. VIP

antoniobanderas.gif

#90 Edited by harry_james_pot (10765 posts) -

This cycle will return with GTA 6. Herms will hate Rockstar again when it comes out for PS4/X1 only and BEG for another PC port.

This was the most begged-for game I've ever seen. Swelling petitions, Youtube crying, forum whining. Finally the pacifier has quieted them down.

You see, for all the console jokes and "Master Race" this and that, it's good to be a Cow/Lem - we get first tickets to the Rockstar show because we make them the most money. VIP

antoniobanderas.gif

Thanks for the beta test.

#91 Posted by krisroe_213 (872 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

PC won e3 for me...

• GTA5
  • Rainbow 6
  • FarCry 4
  • Batman
  • Battlefield hardlined
  • Assassins Creed Unity
  • The Devision

Get a load of this grub. They're even in full denial now. Or they're just blind..

#92 Edited by aroxx_ab (9447 posts) -

@santoron said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

PC won e3 for me...

• GTA5
  • Rainbow 6
  • FarCry 4
  • Batman
  • Battlefield hardlined
  • Assassins Creed Unity
  • The Devision

The official trailer mentions it. Everyone has known for hours now.

Ah thx missed it, that is nice finally :D

#93 Edited by mjorh (738 posts) -

So finally .....

It did a little bit of a make up for me ....may stop saying "Screw You Rockstar" now !

Man imagine PS4 with The Last of Us , Uncharted 4 and GTA V !

#94 Posted by Speak_Low (1009 posts) -

@speak_low said:

antoniobanderas.gif

Thanks for the beta test.

Nope. GTA V was one of the most polished open world games ever made. We didn't have to put ourselves through a strenuous regiment of game-testing for PC gamers we weren't even thinking about. We enjoyed the game months ago and moved on.

There was one garage glitch (which Rockstar addressed) and most of the bugs are in GTA Online, which Rockstar said was still in the early phases anyways. Most of the bugs I see are from players cheating the money system, glitching and cloning rare cars and basically playing it like greedy punks. That's where the main bulk of glitches come from. Talk to those punks and congratulate them - Rockstar tightened the economy system as a result and now it's harder to earn money.

#95 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

I am kind of glad I skipped the last gen version of the game. Now I can play it without all of the hardware limitation issues it suffers from.

#96 Edited by Netret0120 (2081 posts) -

Will probably get this again down the line but I'm happy with my PS3 version:) Finally PC gamers get to experience this gem even though it is a year later. Better late than never i guess.

#97 Edited by highking_kallor (512 posts) -

Been waiting all year. Day one on PS4 and PC.

#98 Edited by gago-gago (9442 posts) -

It would be nice if it was discounted by itself or discounted if you have it already like how if you have Minecraft on 360 it'll be just $5 upgrade on Xbox One.

#99 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28379 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:

lol counts microtransactions, and cellphone freemium games in the money pc gaming makes.

#100 Posted by WallofTruth (1574 posts) -

Yup, and cows will never play Star Citizen.

And the last years scraps will be the definite version, so be jelly :-)

Awwwwh yeaah dat master racin'!