GTA V 3 new trailers inside - Best GTA yet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Huh what? All of your opinions are flawed. GTA IV had none of those problems.faizan_faizan

You aren't being serious...are you?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"]I'm worried they will mess up the car handling. I liked the way the cars felt in GTA4, I'm hoping it makes a return. mems_1224
I hope they're a little more forgiving. They don't have to go full saints row where you can make a 90 degree turn going 100mph but the cars in GTA4 were annoying to drive. I like what they were trying to do but I hope the controls are more friendly.

They handled much like they do in the real world. Go round a corner too fast and you too will stack it into a lamp post.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="clyde46"]I'm worried they will mess up the car handling. I liked the way the cars felt in GTA4, I'm hoping it makes a return. clyde46
I hope they're a little more forgiving. They don't have to go full saints row where you can make a 90 degree turn going 100mph but the cars in GTA4 were annoying to drive. I like what they were trying to do but I hope the controls are more friendly.

They handled much like they do in the real world. Go round a corner too fast and you too will stack it into a lamp post.

I loved the handling in GTAIV. It was very satisfying. Not to mention vehicles felt different from each other.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Huh what? All of your opinions are flawed. GTA IV had none of those problems.ChubbyGuy40

I am, Awful AI? WTF? Bad Physics? What is he smoking?
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I loved the handling in GTAIV. It was very satisfying. Not to mention vehicles felt different from each other.freedomfreak

Yep, best open world vehicle physics to date. Incredible damage modelling too. 

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#156 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] I hope they're a little more forgiving. They don't have to go full saints row where you can make a 90 degree turn going 100mph but the cars in GTA4 were annoying to drive. I like what they were trying to do but I hope the controls are more friendly. freedomfreak

I loved the handling in GTAIV. It was very satisfying. Not to mention vehicles felt different from each other.

Yeah, pretty awesome. Feels weird going back to older ones.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="clyde46"] They handled much like they do in the real world. Go round a corner too fast and you too will stack it into a lamp post. Michael0134567

I still prefer the handling in GTA:SA then again i played the HELL out of it so...it controlled better IMO. o.o

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"] I loved the handling in GTAIV. It was very satisfying. Not to mention vehicles felt different from each other.archvile_78

I still prefer the handling in GTA:SA then again i played the HELL out of it so...it controlled better IMO. o.o

I think I put over like 80 hours into it, and then my file got corrupted. Good stuff.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

I think I put over like 80 hours into it, and then my file got corrupted. Good stuff.

Ouch~

I'm glad my file never corrupted back then, getting all dem gang tags took a while even with a map... and those pictures, oysters, horseshoes... SA took a while to 100%...and i never did.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

archvile_78

Ouch~

I'm glad my file never corrupted back then, getting all dem gang tags took a while even with a map... and those pictures, oysters, horseshoes... SA took a while to 100%...and i never did.

Really don't feel like doing everything all over again. I remember the flying training or whatever being annoying.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#161 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Was all character/story stuff so yeah I guess that's fine, but the soundtrack as usual sounds f*cking awesome. Rockstar usually has some kick ass taste in licensed music.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
 Grove street!
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 archvile_78

Was all character/story stuff so yeah I guess that's fine, but the soundtrack as usual sounds f*cking awesome. Rockstar usually has some kick ass taste in licensed music.

jg4xchamp

Yeah so far every songs they used in their trailers were pretty good. Can't be worst than what was offered in GTA IV. :P

@michael: Yeah the flying training was uggh...and it was needed at some point to progress in the story.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Day f*cking 1. The best franchise of all time returns :cool:

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mems_1224

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

archvile_78

Yeah so far every songs they used in their trailers were pretty good. Can't be worst than what was offered in GTA IV. :P

@michael: Yeah the flying training was uggh...

The soundtrack in GTA4 was a letdown
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#166 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Grove street!mems_1224

I knew it was grove when I saw all the Green getting rocked.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 archvile_78

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

mems_1224

It was, especially after how good it was in GTA:SA and Vice City~

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 jg4xchamp

It would take some serious game design errors to make this a bad game.

organic_machine

Things that permeate most Rockstar games to begin with. Save the hyperbole for when/most likely if the game actually delivers.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="archvile_78"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

mems_1224

You people are on crack that reggea station was the shit. It was one of the few likeable things about that game, besides the free roam multiplayer with friends.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 archvile_78

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="archvile_78"]

jg4xchamp

You people are on crack that reggea station was the shit. It was one of the few likeable things about that game, besides the free roam multiplayer with friends.

Not a fan of reggae so yeah, me i normally tune in on radio station like "liberty rock radio" and rarely LCHC and both of these didn't had much to offer.

Vice city was a mix of flash fm/v-rock and SA K-DST/Radio X and K-Rose for dem country rides.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 mems_1224

jg4xchamp

Yea but the rap and rock stations were shit.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

[QUOTE="organic_machine"]

jg4xchamp

Things that permeate most Rockstar games to begin with. Save the hyperbole for when/most likely if the game actually delivers.

Read the rest of my post!

To make the shooting satisfying is just copy and paste mechanics from Max Payne 3. MP3 is legitimately top notch in the gunplay dept.

To make the driving satisfying is to lightly tweak GTA 4's to feel less "boat-ey."

The only issue is repetition at this point.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 mems_1224

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] Grove street!ReadingRainbow4

I knew it was grove when I saw all the Green getting rocked.

yea, and the neighborhood looked familiar too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 deactivated-59b71619573a1

jg4xchamp

Compared to other GTA games the soundtrack in IV was fairly weak. Though the PC version did have customisable tracks which I exploited the hell out of. 

But other than that Vice City and San Andreas had terrific music. 

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 archvile_78

Though at least IV had some funny stuff on the talk show stations, like lazlow running after people in the streets for interviews and such. :P

Those never fail to delivers.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

organic_machine

Read the rest of my post!

To make the shooting satisfying is just copy and paste mechanics from Max Payne 3. MP3 is legitimately top notch in the gunplay dept.

To make the driving satisfying is to lightly tweak GTA 4's to feel less "boat-ey."

The only issue is repetition at this point.

And their writing, but sure they are getting better and better on the mechanics side. As long as the characters aren't as stiff/sluggish in their movement the way Niko and Marston were from cover to cover Rockstar is at least getting their mechanics up to snuff. The moment to moment gameplay needs to be significantly more consistent than RDR/GTA 4: Those two games walked a fine line between shit barrel and actually kind of entertaining.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Meh. Same ol GTA. Get hyped and buy the game...then get bored half way through and never go back to it.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ReadingRainbow4

jg4xchamp

that's like 1 station out of how many tho?

That game was a large amount of shit, fvcking Swizz beats are you kidding me? whoever green lighted half that shit needed to be taken in the back and beaten senseless with a 4 iron.

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

And their writing, but sure they are getting better and better on the mechanics side. As long as the characters aren't as stiff/sluggish in their movement the way Niko and Marston were from cover to cover Rockstar is at least getting their mechanics up to snuff. The moment to moment gameplay needs to be significantly more consistent than RDR/GTA 4: Those two games walked a fine line between shit barrel and actually kind of entertaining.

jg4xchamp

That's pretty fair. I am not as concerned about their writing this time around because with GTA 4 and RDR they tried to tell moderately serious stories, whereas GTA 5 seems just bats**t crazy.

I really hope the mission design is good in this game. The mission design in GTA 4 and RDR ranged from really good to abysmal. I hope for more focus and mor solidity.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 jg4xchamp

That's pretty fair. I am not as concerned about their writing this time around because with GTA 4 and RDR they tried to tell moderately serious stories, whereas GTA 5 seems just bats**t crazy.

I really hope the mission design is good in this game. The mission design in GTA 4 and RDR ranged from really good to abysmal. I hope for more focus and mor solidity.

organic_machine

Honestly they just need to cut down on the padding. To make their games appeal to the "I need x amount of hours to justify my purchase" crowd they throw in like a shit ton of missions that are pure filler. You can cut both GTA 4/RDR in half and they would be significantly better paced games.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]And their writing, but sure they are getting better and better on the mechanics side. As long as the characters aren't as stiff/sluggish in their movement the way Niko and Marston were from cover to cover Rockstar is at least getting their mechanics up to snuff. The moment to moment gameplay needs to be significantly more consistent than RDR/GTA 4: Those two games walked a fine line between shit barrel and actually kind of entertaining.

organic_machine

I'm hoping for multi tiered missions, not just do this drive by, steal this that, then drive to a certain point. I want some long missions.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 clyde46

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="mems_1224"] The soundtrack in GTA4 was a letdown ReadingRainbow4

That game was a large amount of shit, fvcking Swizz beats are you kidding me? whoever green lighted half that shit needed to be taken in the back and beaten senseless with a 4 iron.

Vice had the best sound track.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]And their writing, but sure they are getting better and better on the mechanics side. As long as the characters aren't as stiff/sluggish in their movement the way Niko and Marston were from cover to cover Rockstar is at least getting their mechanics up to snuff. The moment to moment gameplay needs to be significantly more consistent than RDR/GTA 4: Those two games walked a fine line between shit barrel and actually kind of entertaining.

ReadingRainbow4

I'm hoping for multi tiered missions, not just do this drive by, steal this that, then drive to a certain point. I want some long missions.

Yeah GTA 4 was severely lacking post 4 leaf clover. That mission was f*cking tight.
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 ReadingRainbow4

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] You people are on crack that reggea station was the shit. It was one of the few likeable things about that game, besides the free roam multiplayer with friends.

clyde46

Vice had the best sound track.

indeed, SA is up there for me personally too.

needed more pac however.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

jg4xchamp

Yeah GTA 4 was severely lacking post 4 leaf clover. That mission was f*cking tight.

Best mission in the game, by very very far

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 freedomfreak
I liked GTAIV's soundtrack. Vladivostok FM was awesome.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 archvile_78

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

seanmcloughlin

this mission reminded me of the serie of missions in VC once you buy the malibu club where you go rob a bank, idk about you but it was one of my favorite mission.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

I liked GTAIV's soundtrack. Vladivostok FM was awesome.freedomfreak

Don't know about awesome. Definitely hilarious.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]I liked GTAIV's soundtrack. Vladivostok FM was awesome.Obviously_Right

Don't know about awesome. Definitely hilarious.

I don't know Russian, but it was funny trying to sing along.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 mems_1224

ReadingRainbow4

Yea, I want more like the bank robbery mission in GTA4. That was like the one memorable mission from that game.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#191 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

seanmcloughlin

We need more missions like that...

frankopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 frankopan
Member since 2005 • 186 Posts

All 3 characters are uninteresting. Trevor and Micheal are there for the "antihero breaking bad/mid life crisis american pie" stich while Franklin is the "good guy trying to make it". It's as if Rockstar couldn't decide what char to go with so they just chucked them all in there. Lazy. Let's hope the gameplay delivers. I liked gta4.

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

All 3 characters are uninteresting. Trevor and Micheal are there for the "antihero breaking bad/mid life crisis american pie" stich while Franklin is the "good guy trying to make it". It's as if Rockstar couldn't decide what char to go with so they just chucked them all in there. Lazy. Let's hope the gameplay delivers. I liked gta4.

frankopan

Yes, it's lazy to develop stories for 3 different characters and compelling gameplay for each in the missions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Yeah GTA 4 was severely lacking post 4 leaf clover. That mission was f*cking tight. mitu123

Exactly, missions that are thought out rather than just fetch quests. go here, collect him, bring him here, do some sh!t and drive him home. That's almost all GTA IV was

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 clyde46

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

Exactly, missions that are thought out rather than just fetch quests. go here, collect him, bring him here, do some sh!t and drive him home. That's almost all GTA IV was

Whatever happened to using the phone for missions that would take place over a week or so. They hyped that yet it was only in one mission.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

frankopan

Really? Michael's situation is unprecedented for any of the past GTA characters, we've never played as a guy who "has it all", we've always played as guys who are trying to "get it".

And there's nothing "good" about Franklin, he's a gangbanger ffs.

I agree Trevor seems like quite a boring character in that he seems similar to most of the nutjobs you see in Rockstar games. (e.g. Seth from RDR)

bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts

[QUOTE="frankopan"]

Obviously_Right

Really? Michael's situation is unprecedented for any of the past GTA characters, we've never played as a guy who "has it all", we've always played as guys who are trying to "get it".

And there's nothing "good" about Franklin, he's a gangbanger ffs.

I agree Trevor seems like quite a boring character in that he seems similar to most of the nutjobs you see in Rockstar games. (e.g. Seth from RDR)

Hey man, nothing wrong with Trevor.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1cde2442ec84eeb5c97743cac18b89e4/tumblr_mm35d72p5h1qc1jg4o1_500.gif

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="faizan_faizan"] Huh what? All of your opinions are flawed. GTA IV had none of those problems.faizan_faizan

I am, Awful AI? WTF? Bad Physics? What is he smoking?

Awful AI: Have you even played the game outside of scripted missions? Seriously, leave a flaming car in a crowded street and watch a chain reaction as cars blow up one after another because AI's just pull up to a flaming wreck and honk. The racing was a huge letdown as well, as it was incredibly easy to get minutes ahead of your opponents in the first lap. Go into a hospital and rack up massive amounts of kills as cops walk directly into your crosshairs. Not to mention NPC's have about 3 modes: ignoring you, running away from you, or shooting at you. I tried distracting a cop by starting a public brawl and sneaking over to his car, but apparently he has telekinetic powers since he immediately drops everything and starts shooting as soon as I get in, even when he's apprehending a suspect and can't see me.

Wonky/Inconsistent physics: Lamp posts fall over like matchsticks but trees are apparently made of titanium. Not to mention your car will flip over because you skimmed a curve but bounce off some walls like nothing. The moment that really annoyed me was in the mission to rescue Roman, where explosive canisters would not explode until you were close to them. You could shoot an entire clip into them from across the room and the bullets would just bounce off, yet if they were even tapped when nearby then kaboom.

Little interactivity: This is my biggest gripe. Y'know for a major metropilitan city plagued with crime the city has very few gun shops. Not to mention there's about 3 clothing stores and only a few more fast food joints. There's a very eye-catching small diner where one mission takes place, but every other time I go there the doors are locked. Was it that hard to make it into another simple food joint? Why is it that when I want to go to the bar and get drunk, I have to go with an NPC? Why won't R* just let me go there and stumble about on my own? There's really nothing to do outside of scripted missions that isn't shooting up random people or driving around in cars that control like battleships.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#199 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Glimpse of gameplay

faizan_faizan

They said that driving gameplay would be more like in racing games!  I love it, but i hope they don't go to far from GTAIV physics.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

GODSTAR will prove once again why they are the best devs in gaming....

this game will own my life. already paid in full.