GTA 5 will probably be the best sold title this year.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

without all the hype cod gets, i think its going to sell a couple mil higher than the rest

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

What?

So you're saying that GTAV would be the highest selling game this year if CoD wasn't so hyped...

Okay? So what?

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#3 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

Poke'mon X/Y /thread

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts
Agreed.
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 youngmurk911

What?

So you're saying that GTAV would be the highest selling game this year if CoD wasn't so hyped...

Okay? So what?

turtlethetaffer
i actually meant to say it will be the best sold title this year, regardless
Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Poke'mon X/Y /thread

zarshack

Being fair.. GTA 5 has actual competition because 360/ps3 owners have other choices of games like GTA such as Saints Row and other sandbox games that i cna't remember their names atm. However pokemon for the 3DS you either get it or nothing because there's no other game like it or not much to get anyways on the 3DS. Unless you have almost no console and just get everything you can for it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#7 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

What?

Okay? So what?

youngmurk911

Oh gotcha.

Still. So what? Good for it.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 youngmurk911

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"][QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

What?

Okay? So what?

turtlethetaffer

Oh gotcha.

Still. So what? Good for it.

just saying....steer some folks off of this xbone 1 situation
V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Nah... The Last of Us, Watchdogs... Rome 2: Total War and many more...

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

With a Pokemon game coming out and a Call of Duty game coming out for like three dozen systems it should be an interesting 'fight'. GTA V will mostly be the best game out of the three though.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Call of Duty: Ghosts will be on every single system this year even new gen ( except WiiU lol ) so to answer your title.. no GTA5 will only dream of being the best sold title!

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

No COD will sell more. 

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Meh I'll be waiting for a Complete Edition thing since IV, RDR, and LA Noire get them.:P

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 youngmurk911

Meh I'll be waiting for a Complete Edition thing since IV, RDR, and LA Noire get them.:P

Vyse_Legends
next year though....
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

We can only hope. The industry needs something to outsell COD badly and nothing is more deserving than GTA.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

V3rciS

GTA V will most likely outsell all of those

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib

Call of Duty: Ghosts will be on every single system this year even new gen ( except WiiU lol ) so to answer your title.. no GTA5 will only dream of being the best sold title!

finalstar2007

hopefully they change things up, people are getting tired of CoD

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

lostrib

It will likely outsell all of those combined.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Unfortunately I feel like COD will remain the top seller, if only because it's launching on pretty much every platform in existence.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

NathanDrakeSwag

pretty much

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
COD will unfortunately sell more, and it will be on two more consoles this year.
kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Easily..

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

lostrib

Just because two people got broed of it dosent mean the millions and millions others are too.. some people only buy I.W CoD games so those who did not buy black ops 2 and only love I.W CoD games will jump in pretty fast.. Ghosts will most likely outsell BO2 very easily this year and as always it will outsell every other game this year not only because its a completely new game ( not MW or BO ) BUT also will be on new gen systems.

Ghosts will dominate :P ( i shall be getting both PS3 and PS4 versions :D ).. couldnt care less about GTA5

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zarshack

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

Poke'mon X/Y /thread

Joedgabe

Being fair.. GTA 5 has actual competition because 360/ps3 owners have other choices of games like GTA such as Saints Row and other sandbox games that i cna't remember their names atm. However pokemon for the 3DS you either get it or nothing because there's no other game like it or not much to get anyways on the 3DS. Unless you have almost no console and just get everything you can for it.

This isn't just a normal Poke'mon release either, this is the first 3D full Poke'mon game to release and even old fans that lost interest in the series a while back will be drawn back on account of wanting a full 3D version for years.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

Poke'mon X/Y /thread

zarshack

This isn't just a normal Poke'mon release either, this is the first 3D full Poke'mon game to release and even old fans that lost interest in the series a while back will be drawn back on account of wanting a full 3D version for years.

I really love pokemon! been playing them sinse i was 9 and 3D animation isn't what i really want or something that would keep me playing as an honest fan. After playing pokemon for sooo many years for sooo many hours the one thing that i want is to really chose the pokemons i want to use and be able to make them work in battle. While it's a fantastic game it's biggest flaw is that most pokemons are just fillers for the actual good ones which is only a handful with the lack of customization in the game to improve the most imperfect pokemon it makes them next to useless and only a tool for "experimenting" or breeding. I wanna be able to use Eevee and beat mewtwo in a fair fight... will never happen and more eevee's that can't fight mewtwo's are constantly being made. This is the wish that most of us want... to make pokemon a real pokemon game with 600+ monsters.. not just the handfull. The choice to really choose the pokemon you like.. not the one you're forced to use to win.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Just because two people got broed of it dosent mean the millions and millions others are too.. some people only buy I.W CoD games so those who did not buy black ops 2 and only love I.W CoD games will jump in pretty fast.. Ghosts will most likely outsell BO2 very easily this year and as always it will outsell every other game this year not only because its a completely new game ( not MW or BO ) BUT also will be on new gen systems.

Ghosts will dominate :P ( i shall be getting both PS3 and PS4 versions :D ).. couldnt care less about GTA5

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zarshack

[QUOTE="zarshack"]

[QUOTE="Joedgabe"]

Joedgabe

I really love pokemon! been playing them sinse i was 9 and 3D animation isn't what i really want or something that would keep me playing as an honest fan. After playing pokemon for sooo many years for sooo many hours the one thing that i want is to really chose the pokemons i want to use and be able to make them work in battle. While it's a fantastic game it's biggest flaw is that most pokemons are just fillers for the actual good ones which is only a handful with the lack of customization in the game to improve the most imperfect pokemon it makes them next to useless and only a tool for "experimenting" or breeding. I wanna be able to use Eevee and beat mewtwo in a fair fight... will never happen and more eevee's that can't fight mewtwo's are constantly being made. This is the wish that most of us want... to make pokemon a real pokemon game with 600+ monsters.. not just the handfull. The choice to really choose the pokemon you like.. not the one you're forced to use to win.

Well Legendary Poke'mon by design are more powerful then other poke'mon which is why they are often banned from competitions and such.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

No f*cking shit.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 layton2012

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Why....:roll:

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

layton2012

Why buy an enjoyable game? is that a serious question?

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 layton2012

[QUOTE="layton2012"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

I don't care what game it is why buy it twice :roll:
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 youngmurk911

[QUOTE="layton2012"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

do you feel like its more enjoyable than gta 5? which game do you feel like you would really get your 60$ worth?
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"][QUOTE="lostrib"]

lostrib

pretty much

I was going to say exactly "pretty much", but you said it...

So what you said.

MikeMasonUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MikeMasonUK
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I pre-ordered GTA V on 360 with amazon.co.uk They've had so many pre-orders on the 360 that you can no longer pre-order GTA V from amazon.co.uk. I guess they're securing more units before they make the pre-order available again. You can still pre-oder GTA V on the ps3 though. I've never seen a major game not available to pre-order from a major retailer though. GTA V has already sold extremely well and it's not even out for a couple of months!
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"]

layton2012

I don't care what game it is why buy it twice :roll:

Well one system ( PS3 ) is where all my friends are at and they all buying the game day 1 on PS3 while the other is a completely new generation system that has completely new features so i want to see how it feels playing multiplayer there, talking to people who are on the PS4 playing the same game and so on. thats why :)

This is CoD its always fun and hard to resist :oops:

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="layton2012"]

youngmurk911

do you feel like its more enjoyable than gta 5? which game do you feel like you would really get your 60$ worth?

Not just a feeling, pretty positive it will be fun than gta5.. games like that not for me.

CoD is worth $60 all the way.. personally i play them every single day ( even CoD4 to this date ).. a franchise that lasts for years and years is woth every cent.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

It will probably go to COD, unfortunately.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 youngmurk911

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

Not just a feeling, pretty positive it will be fun than gta5.. games like that not for me.

CoD is worth $60 all the way.. personally i play them every single day ( even CoD4 to this date ).. a franchise that lasts for years and years is woth every cent.

well there it is then
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

GTA V for me i dont care for COD.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts
Could very well be. The larger install bases of both system compared to '08 sure don't hurt either.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#41 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Lolno. Have you forgotten about Pokemon?
SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts

[QUOTE="V3rciS"]

lostrib

GTA V will outsell all three games combined, TLoU is probably gonna sell around 3Mil, Watchdogs on all systes combined probably around 6Mil and Rome 2 probably around 2-4Mil. GTA V on Xbox and PS3 will easily sell 15+ Mil in its first few month.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

I think it will be a good/fun game but if your talking about how many people play a game... farmville has more players than all the games mention on this thread.... combined..... think about that :P

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
Not even COD could compete with this masterpiece.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 faizan_faizan
Lolno. Have you forgotten about Pokemon?charizard1605
:lol:
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#46 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i buy a cod game over gta5 ATM... at least COD supports PC

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#47 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
Lolno. Have you forgotten about Pokemon?charizard1605
pokemon does sale nice but, don't sell that nice lol.
faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 faizan_faizan

i buy a cod game over gta5 ATM... at least COD supports PC

k2theswiss
Eh, it'll come to PC eventually like almost all the other GTAs.