GTA 5 for PC may be cancelled

• 65 results
#1 Posted by IgGy621985 (4982 posts) -

Rumor. For now.

After years of anticipation, the long-awaited PC version of GTA V could soon be cancelled, according to a Rockstar employee.

Brad says he allegedly works as a Marketing director for Rockstar North and is also the founder of his own marketing firm called “Rantic“, which was created following the historic launch of GTA V.

On Thursday, we sat down with one of the marketing directors of Rantic, to talk about Rockstar North’s future for the Grand Theft Auto series.

During the interview, Rantic Chairman John Hoffberger, stated that the PC version of GTA 5 could soon be cancelled due to ‘corporate problems’. “The next-gen console launch dates are still intact, but the PC game launch has been agitating for Rockstar staff”, John said.

John also stated,”Rockstar never wanted to release a PC version of GTA V, but due to high public demand, they were forced to do so.”

Source.

What do you think?

#2 Posted by getyeryayasout (8491 posts) -

I don't believe that it's been canceled for PC. Somebody be trollin'.

#3 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

http://www.rantic.com/ was hacked by 4chan (rantic being the marketing firm mentioned in the article)

'all your base are belong to us'

#4 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26357 posts) -

This makes me want to Pre-Order GTA V on PC. I really want to play that game on PC.

#5 Posted by Sushiglutton (5530 posts) -

Hmm I was thinking of getting it again on PC so I could get the KB/M controls. Oh well, no biggie either way for me as I feel fairly done with the game. Have a feeling some PC-gamers may get a little upset though ;)

#6 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6218 posts) -

I haven't played it yet

Would rather play on my good PC hardware than on my 360 or similar.

#7 Posted by commonfate (12829 posts) -

That would be both disappointing and hilarious at the same time.

#8 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (5022 posts) -

This would be very disappointing since i've been waiting for the pc version despite having a PS3.

I also don't get this "not want it on pc" thing. Why? Every studio and publisher is putting their games on pc.Over the last 3 years more and more games, specially japanese ones, have come to pc. Kojima dind't even wai for MGSV to release to announce it's coming to Steam.

Destiny and FF XV have a high probability of coming aswell. If this is indeed true, and they do cancel it, why would they do it? The piracy excuse doesn't work anymore nowadays.

Also, just found out it got delayed to 2015. Sigh.

#9 Edited by Soethi6 (189 posts) -
@deadline-zero0 said:

Which is a rumour aswell.

#11 Posted by KungfuKitten (21407 posts) -

I think no fucks would be given. The gameworld was boring.

#12 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10844 posts) -

That entire article is a load of absolute horse shit.

#13 Edited by mirautaj (327 posts) -

@soethi6 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Which is a rumour aswell.

#14 Posted by parkurtommo (27707 posts) -

Rumor = busted

#15 Edited by stizzal13 (609 posts) -

Likely false, but even if true its no big deal. There are more games on PC then time to play...

#16 Posted by kipsta77 (1119 posts) -

you do realize that was a troll, right?

#17 Edited by pelvist (5243 posts) -

Its more likely to be a PS4 fanboy starting rumors because they wont have the best version of the game to show XBONE owners how special they are.

#18 Posted by biggest_loser (24156 posts) -

Nothing to see here.

#19 Posted by Alcapello (1309 posts) -

Blog it, petition it, avoid it, do what you must. However, just wait.

#20 Posted by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

Only someone really dumb would believe that lol.

#21 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6234 posts) -

Meh , don't care about Rockstar games . So it doesn't concern me . But this looks like a troll article . However , the game is most likely coming in 2015 . Fall 2014 release date was just to create hype . Take Two already said that more Rockstar experience is coming in February 2015 . It will be GTA 5 current gen and PC version .

#22 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2859 posts) -

Would be glad if that was indeed true. Rockstar sucks balls.

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (43488 posts) -

Nah.

#24 Edited by Krelian-co (13071 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

That entire article is a load of absolute horse shit.

#25 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

I doubt it has been cancelled, it would be bad PR to announce something then change your mind unless Square Enix has taught them nothing. Or Rockstar themselves are spreading rumours to create free publicity so they can say in a weeks time it is coming out for PC.

#26 Posted by clyde46 (47569 posts) -

The PC version is causing issues for R*? What bullshit.

#27 Posted by Heil68 (47172 posts) -

Already played it so I dont care if it comes or not. If it does, I'll wait till it comes with all DLC for under $10 on a Steam sale.

#28 Edited by Basinboy (11407 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

John also stated,”Rockstar never wanted to release a PC version of GTA V, but due to high public demand, they were forced to do so.”

#29 Edited by Basinboy (11407 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

”Rockstar never wanted to release a PC version of GTA V, but due to high public demand, they were forced to do so.”

#31 Posted by Dogswithguns (10933 posts) -

True sad story for PC gamers.. maybe true.

#32 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3801 posts) -

Yeah, that'll happen.

#33 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7876 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Already played it so I dont care if it comes or not. If it does, I'll wait till it comes with all DLC for under $10 on a Steam sale.

I haven't played it yet, but I am also going to wait until it is less than $10.

#34 Posted by IgGy621985 (4982 posts) -

@Basinboy: Your gifs. Bookmarked. I laughed my arse off :-D

#35 Posted by heguain (694 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:

Meh , don't care about Rockstar games . So it doesn't concern me . But this looks like a troll article . However , the game is most likely coming in 2015 . Fall 2014 release date was just to create hype . Take Two already said that more Rockstar experience is coming in February 2015 . It will be GTA 5 current gen and PC version .

#36 Posted by GamingElite021 (89 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16197 posts) -

@commonfate said:

That would be both disappointing and hilarious at the same time.

#38 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

This would be horrible!

#39 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17513 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

Sure, Rockstar has been known to not really care about PC for years.

But I doubt they make a PC version just because people forced them to. I'm sure there were better reasons for them to make PC versions in the first place.

Most of their games appeared on PC... a company that does that does not need to be forced by people to think about that platform or take it into account.

#40 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16197 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@IgGy621985 said:

Sure, Rockstar has been known to not really care about PC for years.

But I doubt they make a PC version just because people forced them to. I'm sure there were better reasons for them to make PC versions in the first place.

Most of their games appeared on PC... a company that does that does not need to be forced by people to think about that platform or take it into account.

It's like Rockstar takes the opposite frame of mind as Bethesda when it comes to the PC.

Bethesda pretty much knows their fanbase is going to the fix the game anyway no matter what kind of a mess it is, Rockstar just doesn't give a shit, they already make so much bank on the consoles.

I guess they didn't like people shitting on their social club, maybe steam sales are too low for them?

Which is kind of a shame, because mods can be really cool.

Hopefully this just remains a rumor, I would like GTA V on pc.

#41 Posted by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

Funny article. It's still coming to PC.

#42 Edited by uninspiredcup (12790 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto originated from the pc my friends.

#43 Posted by Alcapello (1309 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Hasn't you ever play the bird-eye view army games? or Pong

#44 Posted by Mr-Powers (474 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want to put it on PC, it's going to earn a fraction of the revenue it does on console. They wouldn't cancel it though after all this work they put in, that would be dumb.

#45 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9489 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

What did I tell you in the other thread about referring to us as your friends?

#46 Posted by Wasdie (50640 posts) -

Why the hell would they cancel it? Makes no sense.

No reason to believe this rumor.

#47 Edited by lostrib (42737 posts) -

I highly doubt this

#48 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Silly rumour to believe

#49 Posted by Daious (2076 posts) -

There is absolutely no reason to believe they would cancel the PC version.

#50 Posted by mikhail (2697 posts) -

Next rumor: Destiny for Xbox One is getting canceled.