GTA 5 DLC hinted: CJ is back, and San Andreas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IgGy621985 (4855 posts) -

"Interesting response—or non-response, as it is—by the voice of Franklin in Grand Theft Auto V at a New York Comic Con 2013 panel. When he and his co-stars were asked which Grand Theft Auto character they wish they could have portrayed, Fonteno replied Carl Johnson—the protagonist of 2004's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

The Los Santos of Grand Theft Auto V has homages to the city C.J. came to rule a decade ago, including this cameo by three members of the Grove Street Families, riding bikes. Whether C.J. and his friends are returning at some point—he'd be in his 40s in this continuity—it's notable that two voices of Grand Theft Auto's west coast protagonists are teaming up for something."

Link.

Well, that shitload of money sure could mean something big might be coming. Even I would buy this DLC (i hate DLCs), IF this is true.

#2 Edited by Blabadon (27638 posts) -

Meh, it's not really a hint either way. Still, that would be some cool DLC.

#3 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

Allahu Akbar!

#4 Edited by Lucianu (9520 posts) -

I'd buy a console if that DLC was exclusive, fuck logic.

But we both know that'll never happen, the GTA III era (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas) exist in a different universe, that's what Rockstar said if i recall correctly.

That was nothing more than a non-cannon easter egg.

#5 Posted by GarGx1 (3004 posts) -

Cool, the more DLC's come out just now the better. PC version will come with them bundled for free :)

#6 Posted by deangallop (3811 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

Cool, the more DLC's come out just now the better. PC version will come with them bundled for free :)

Something, something, begging.

#7 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

Cool, the more DLC's come out just now the better. PC version will come with them bundled for free :)

No it won't.

#8 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

You made $1 billion in 2 days on this game, the DLC better be free lol

#9 Posted by raging_user (417 posts) -

I thought this was going to be the DLC:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/63037/first-gta-5-dlc-details-beach-bum-pack-heists-and-capture-the-flag-for-gta-online/

#10 Posted by foxhound_fox (89796 posts) -

Um... okay? CJ wasn't a good character.

#11 Posted by starjet905 (1941 posts) -

@Lucianu said:

But we both know that'll never happen, the GTA III era (Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas) exist in a different universe, that's what Rockstar said if i recall correctly.

Pretty much this. Rockstar did confirm that the GTA III era games were in a different universe.

#12 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

@raging_user said:

I thought this was going to be the DLC:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/63037/first-gta-5-dlc-details-beach-bum-pack-heists-and-capture-the-flag-for-gta-online/

That's for GTA Online. I'm sure we can expect some expansions much like Episodes from Liberty City and Undead Nightmare.

#13 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

CJ will never return in the HD universe. Easter eggs are just Easter Eggs.

Only VERY minor characters exist in both universes. (Cris Formage, Lazlow, Fernando Martinez)

#14 Edited by kipsta77 (1017 posts) -

I watched the whole panel footage. They are such great guys and I'd would have loved to had been there!

Rockstar have clearly stated that major characters and protagonists don't exist in other universes, with the exception of few minor characters and radio personalities.

3D Universe (GTA 3, VC, SA, LCS, VCS)

HD Universe (IV, EFLC, V ....)

I'm doubtful that we will see CJ return, but I'm also partly confident we could now after what 'Solo' said. The whole Universe thing isn't calved in stone after all.

If CJ is returning, I can see it being a "Los Santos Stories" type of thing, set about 10-15 years back and it's explained to us what happened to Grove street, and how the Ballas took over. Just a concept, but I'd love it!

#15 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1761 posts) -

Wasn't CJ that guy you try to buy the drugs from at grove street and trevor finds out it was a brick. He look like CJ to me xD

#16 Posted by aaronmullan (33406 posts) -

Would be interesting and different if they did make it happen. If it was even just for GTA Online I'd love it.

#17 Posted by clyde46 (46996 posts) -
@KillzoneSnake said:

Wasn't CJ that guy you try to buy the drugs from at grove street and trevor finds out it was a brick. He look like CJ to me xD

IIRC CJ hated drugs.

#18 Posted by starjet905 (1941 posts) -

@clyde46 said:
@KillzoneSnake said:

Wasn't CJ that guy you try to buy the drugs from at grove street and trevor finds out it was a brick. He look like CJ to me xD

IIRC CJ hated drugs.

Yeah, you're right. Ridding Grove Street of drugs was one of his main goals. It's as if some people don't pay attention at all.

#19 Posted by dommeus (9416 posts) -

I thought that Rockstar has stated that the universes from GTA3, VC, and SA were separate from GTA4, L&D, BOGT, and GTA V (due to mentions of Niko and an appearance from Johnny).

Never much cared for CJ, so I'd rather they just left it.

#20 Edited by MetalGearJoel (19 posts) -

I'll take any kind of DLC, want more GTA 5.

#21 Edited by danten81 (129 posts) -

I'd love to have Franklin and C.J. in DLC taking place in Vice City. They could do smuggling ops while cruising the Caribbean as well. All of this to 80s throwback music. .

#22 Edited by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

I want a DLC that involves a different locale. More expansion than DLC to be honest. Maybe the three lads decide to go to London (GTA London was great) to perform some heists?

#23 Posted by clyde46 (46996 posts) -

@-Snooze- said:

I want a DLC that involves a different locale. More expansion than DLC to be honest. Maybe the three lads decide to go to London (GTA London was great) to perform some heists?

I'd kill for a London DLC.

#24 Posted by madskills6117 (4026 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@-Snooze- said:

I want a DLC that involves a different locale. More expansion than DLC to be honest. Maybe the three lads decide to go to London (GTA London was great) to perform some heists?

I'd kill for a London DLC.

Rockstar pretty much said GTA isn't returning to London: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/19/grand-theft-auto-wont-return-to-london. Not sure if that also includes DLC as well or just an entire game. At any rate, more GTA 5 no matter the locale is fine with me!

#25 Posted by princeofshapeir (14638 posts) -

I would hope they'd commit to their promise that the III-era games are in a separate universe from the HD-era games.

#26 Posted by glez13 (8918 posts) -

Meh

More like wishful thinking.

#28 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

All I wish of rockstar is not make me wait another 4-5 years for another GTA.

#29 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Screw that.

Gimme Tommy back !