GT6 on PS3 looks absolutely amazing.(New footage)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

To the point of looking like a next gen launch title.

Be sure to watch in 1080p. Bathust promo video (that was allegedly dubbed CGI, apparently was ingame footage all along.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

That grass looks terrible. Maybe because we've already seen next gen graphics. Sony should made this a launch title though, it would of been alot better than Drive Turd

#3 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

grass looks 2002ish ya

#4 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10646 posts) -

Looks pretty good. With all the next gen stuff going on this game is not getting a lot of coverage. But it shows the ps3 still has some life in it.

#5 Edited by RR360DD (11946 posts) -

LOL no.

Its a waste releasing this on the PS3, but then it is Sony. They'll milk it with some HD HD PS4 version but it will still pale in comparison to Forza 5. Dem PS2 models.

#6 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14064 posts) -

@SonofK said:

That grass looks terrible. Maybe because we've already seen next gen graphics. Sony should made this a launch title though, it would of been alot better than Drive Turd

I thought the grass looked fairly good, almost photo realistic even.

of course it's hard to inspect the grass in this video, looks like it has about the same amount detail in the foliage as forza 5 which is a good thing I suppose.

Actually, the grass may be more impressive than forza 5's, this requires further investigation.

#7 Edited by charizard1605 (57630 posts) -

I'm really wary on this game

#8 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

@SonofK said:

nah, it's pretty similar to the real grass at goodwood hillclimb, or lack there of so to speak.

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (47128 posts) -

lol that looks awful

#10 Posted by KarateeeChop (4635 posts) -

even with all those recycled ps2 cars it still looks better than drive club

#11 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I'll reserve my final judgements until after I've played the game. But superficially - seems great.

#12 Posted by dreamdude (4614 posts) -

@mems_1224:

Awful?

#13 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

See what i mean:

#14 Edited by lundy86_4 (43405 posts) -

The offscreen footage is pretty sh*t. Looks decent, I guess.

#15 Posted by mems_1224 (47128 posts) -

@dreamdude said:

@mems_1224:

Awful?

yup

#16 Edited by casharmy (6831 posts) -
@RR360DD said:

LOL no.

Its a waste releasing this on the PS3, but then it is Sony. They'll milk it with some HD HD PS4 version but it will still pale in comparison to Forza 5. Dem PS2 models.

I know this is a hard concept for you to grasp being a lemming, but that's not called milking it's called support.

say with with me lem. S.U.P.P.O.R.T. now go run along and tell all your little lem friends you learned a new word not found in the xbox fanboy vocabulary.

#17 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@dreamdude said:

@mems_1224:

Awful?

yup

I wouldn't exactly say "Awful"

#18 Posted by freedomfreak (40535 posts) -

Where are the explosions? :/

#19 Posted by 2mrw (4986 posts) -

It actually does looks good, not so bad for the PS3.

This game should been released before the PS4/X1 dropping in Nov.

#20 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

Stunning. Continued support from start to finish is amazing. Thank you Godny.

#21 Edited by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Damn, it has better trees than Forza 5, how is that possible? :/

#22 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

They are happening inside the engine(internal combustion, i wouldn't exactly recommend driving a car with external combustion, unless you fancy a piston ring to the face.

#23 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@dreamdude: It does look pretty awful. But, it is being made for a 7 year old system, so there's that...

#24 Posted by navyguy21 (12876 posts) -

I think the GT series has proven that going by web pics/videos is a mistake.

The final game wont look like that.........and even that doesnt look "next gen"

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (40535 posts) -

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@freedomfreak said:

They are happening inside the engine(internal combustion, i wouldn't exactly recommend driving a car with external combustion, unless you fancy a piston ring to the face.

I've never had a piston ring to the face before. I'm open to anything, so might as well.

#26 Posted by mems_1224 (47128 posts) -

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@dreamdude said:

@mems_1224:

Awful?

yup

I would. Its a racing game

#27 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Looks great for a PS3 game. I look forward to getting this game. I skipped GT5, so this will be my first GT game on the PS3.

#28 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

two stroke

>best sound

>best power

>best smell

#29 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

two stroke

>best sound

>best power

>best smell

Speaking of two stroke, there was rumored to be tourist trophy assets in GT6, it might be a surpize....but i'm not sure about motorcycles and cars...past games have done them, but only three doing them right (TDU1-2, PGR4) That said, Tourist Trophy was absolutely Epic.

#30 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@psymon100 said:

two stroke

>best sound

>best power

>best smell

Speaking of two stroke, there was rumored to be tourist trophy assets in GT6, it might be a surpize....but i'm not sure about motorcycles and cars...past games have done them, but only three doing them right (TDU1-2, PGR4) That said, Tourist Trophy was absolutely Epic.

i loved the motorbikes in tdu1, i neverplayed tdu2.

if gt6 has motorbikes that would be pretty awesome.

That's weird, I had a PS2 but I never heard of this Tourist Trophy (TT) game. I'm just watching a video now, seems the guy is racing on Gran Turismo's High Speed Ring. Yeah, if GT6 has a range of motorbikes and they drive well I could be really keen.

are you a motorbike enthusiast? apart from tdu1 I didn't enjoy any 'bike' games this gen. (utd1 has cars too, but I'm sure you catch my drift)

#31 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Looks much better than forza 5. What are lemmings thinking when their best game can't even beat a last gen one?

#32 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@psymon100 said:

two stroke

>best sound

>best power

>best smell

i loved the motorbikes in tdu1, i neverplayed tdu2.

if gt6 has motorbikes that would be pretty awesome.

That's weird, I had a PS2 but I never heard of this Tourist Trophy (TT) game. I'm just watching a video now, seems the guy is racing on Gran Turismo's High Speed Ring. Yeah, if GT6 has a range of motorbikes and they drive well I could be really keen.

are you a motorbike enthusiast? apart from tdu1 I didn't enjoy any 'bike' games this gen. (utd1 has cars too, but I'm sure you catch my drift)

Yea, i'm a fan of motorcycles, but not nearly as much as i am a car enthusiast, But i do have a favorite brand, I love ducati,and they were represented well in TT especially the earlier models, and yea, PD made TT so it has all the tracks from GT4, With hundreds of motorcycles from many eras.

I'm also a fan of old Moto GP bikes (which TT also had, European and Japanese alike). if GT6 has TT assets i will be very happy, The physics in TT were quite impressive, took some time getting used to. it was also dubbed the Real Riding Simulator.

#33 Posted by Gue1 (9966 posts) -

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@dreamdude said:

@mems_1224:

Awful?

yup

it looks real!

#34 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (926 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@dreamdude said:

@mems_1224:

Awful?

yup

it looks real!

The lighting yea, but lets not get ahead of our selves, That's for GT7, which is mostlikely going to like actual life.

similar to this Teaser from PD

#35 Edited by RR360DD (11946 posts) -

@casharmy said:
@RR360DD said:

LOL no.

I know this is a hard concept for you to grasp being a lemming, but that's not called milking it's called support.

say with with me lem. S.U.P.P.O.R.T. now go run along and tell all your little lem friends you learned a new word not found in the xbox fanboy vocabulary.

Yeah, them releasing some HD HD PS4 version to make up for the lack of actual PS4 blockbusters in development sure is S.U.P.P.O.R.T.

They'l probably release a HDHD GT6 Prologue first for $20 that cows will lap up, before launching the re-release at the full price of $60 giving cows PS2-quality assets on their PS4. Dat S.U.P.P.O.R.T.

Thankyou Sony.

#36 Posted by Heil68 (44457 posts) -

Looks great, may gamefly it later down the road. Too many world class games that Sony has given the PS3. I expect the same treatment with the PS4. Sony breaking bank since forever,

#37 Edited by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Meh. It only looks slightly better than forza 5.

#38 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Should be on ps4, as a cross platform title.. ohh well.

#39 Edited by subyman (1719 posts) -

If you notice the "hay bales" look extremely flat. They are practically just rectangles with a low res texture on them. The trees are simple geometry with static sprites for foliage. They don't move with wind or bend. It looks really old and bland. I'm ready for next gen for sure.

#40 Edited by stereointegrity (10720 posts) -

only thing forza and GT lack for me is the sense of speed....

#41 Posted by kipsta77 (1007 posts) -

Would be great if it was a PS4 launch title.