GT5 sales are madness! O_o

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

These are PS2-quality cars to you?

K man...

More content is always welcome to me and I'm yet to see a racing sim with a actually good damage model.

Z-Fatalis

The only thing GT5 has agaist Forza is the lighting system. PD absolutely NAILED it in that department. but what many don't know is that when it comes to consistency and modeling, Turn 10 has the edge. Believe it or not, Forza's models are more detailed than GT5's photo travel (higher LOD models) mode.

Snow racing, Racing in rain, off road racing and night racing (which Forza Horizon finally just got and it happens to be in a sh!tty arcade racer)

Better physics, more realistic driving, more modes, more cars, mor tracks

What more is there to be had?

Yeah,it´s like a jack of all trades and master of none,hence the disapointing reception.
Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 Drakshark2424
Member since 2012 • 74 Posts
[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="nameless12345"]

These are PS2-quality cars to you?

K man...

More content is always welcome to me and I'm yet to see a racing sim with a actually good damage model.

jessejay420
The only thing GT5 has agaist Forza is the lighting system. PD absolutely NAILED it in that department. but what many don't know is that when it comes to consistency and modeling, Turn 10 has the edge. Believe it or not, Forza's models are more detailed than GT5's photo travel (higher LOD models) mode.

Forza has the Edge by far. and i heard The lighting was horrible in the cockpit view on GT5,more specifically on the Dashboard.

What you heard was true! On my HDTV, the shimmering and constant frame-rate drops are definitely more noticeable in cockpit views and sometimes in bumper cam as well. Do a race on SS7 in the rain and it pretty gets bad at times.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Oh man, Lems are raging left, right and centre :lol:

Z-Fatalis

Actually, you're the one raging, but you're hiding it through wanna-be trolling.

You're clearly mad that GT has been such a disaster this gen.

Read the OP bro, far from a disaster, Forza 4 is what I'd call a disaster :cool:

So i guess PS3 is a Disaster because it sold less than Wii and xbox360
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] The only thing GT5 has agaist Forza is the lighting system. PD absolutely NAILED it in that department. but what many don't know is that when it comes to consistency and modeling, Turn 10 has the edge. Believe it or not, Forza's models are more detailed than GT5's photo travel (higher LOD models) mode.Nanomage

Snow racing, Racing in rain, off road racing and night racing (which Forza Horizon finally just got and it happens to be in a sh!tty arcade racer)

Yeah,it´s like a jack of all trades and master of none,hence the disapointing reception.

"jack of all trades and Master of none" That describes GT5 Perfectly
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] The only thing GT5 has agaist Forza is the lighting system. PD absolutely NAILED it in that department. but what many don't know is that when it comes to consistency and modeling, Turn 10 has the edge. Believe it or not, Forza's models are more detailed than GT5's photo travel (higher LOD models) mode.Nanomage

But Forza doesnt even do any of them, let alone master them.

The only problems with GT5 were some cars had inconsistant visuals, which a lot of have been fixed through the monstrous amount of updates it gets.

Oh and a "bad menu" :lol: people need to accept it, it's not the same game it was on release and the current sales show that

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] The only thing GT5 has agaist Forza is the lighting system. PD absolutely NAILED it in that department. but what many don't know is that when it comes to consistency and modeling, Turn 10 has the edge. Believe it or not, Forza's models are more detailed than GT5's photo travel (higher LOD models) mode.

Forza has the Edge by far. and i heard The lighting was horrible in the cockpit view on GT5,more specifically on the Dashboard.

What you heard was true! On my HDTV, the shimmering and constant frame-rate drops are definitely more noticeable in cockpit views and sometimes in bumper cam as well. Do a race on SS7 in the rain and it pretty gets bad at times.

Another Reason whyi invested my money in 4 Forza Games. i dont waste money on inconsistent games. i still play all forza games
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

The only problems with GT5 were some cars had inconsistant visuals, which a lot of have been fixed through the monstrous amount of updates it gets.

Oh and a "bad menu" :lol: people need to accept it, it's not the same game it was on release and the current sales show that

Sounds like an inconsistent game. sorry my money goes to Turn 10..they create quality games. i put in 10 hours in Forza 2 just this week. money well spent :)
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 jessejay420
Forza is such a quality series that i still play forza 1 and 2 to this day :) Quality >>>>>>> Sales :) im lucky gamer to have every forza game :)
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Z-Fatalis

Forza is such a quality series that i still play forza 1 and 2 to this day :) Quality >>>>>>> Sales :) im lucky gamer to have every forza game :)jessejay420

Series wise GT is the highest rated racing series of all time.

Excluding the yearly rehash that is NFS, It is the highest selling racing series of all time.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 jessejay420
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Wiifit sold way more. Imagine how good that game must be Anyway, you wouldn't like it.campzor
you have to compare it to its competition... Im sure its better than other 'fitness' software.

Competition? Sure :) Sales : Wii >>> PS3 Sales : 360 >>> PS3 Sorry i guess PS3 is the worst console going by your Logic.
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
I don't really care what all Forza does. GT5 still has the superior driving mechanics and that matters. Don't care about story mode or whatever Forza is doing. Jack of all Trades but master of none? GTFO. It's NASCAR mode is the better than the official NASCAR game. What, you mad cause the Talledega track didn't make it? And you guys are really overating the PS2 cars. I bet if I showed you a picture of a race in motion you couldn't even pick out which one was standard or premium.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 Z-Fatalis

I don't really care what all Forza does. GT5 still has the superior driving mechanics and that matters. Don't care about story mode or whatever Forza is doing. Jack of all Trades but master of none? GTFO. It's NASCAR mode is the better than the official NASCAR game. What, you mad cause the Talledega track didn't make it? And you guys are really overating the PS2 cars. I bet if I showed you a picture of a race in motion you couldn't even pick out which one was standard or premium. chaotzu

Night racing, Snow racing even Racing in the rain... Forza doesn't even have the basics.

GT is so much more realistic, it has better handling, better physics, more tracks, more cars, more modes, it has the best NASCAR racing period, it has Karting.

People who can say Forza's better are deffinitely not serious.

Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Drakshark2424
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

As I mentioned in another thread, racing in the rain happens on select tracks. THIS is how you do rain.  Like I said before, Quality > Quantity. More cars does NOT make it better. You have 1000 cars, but more than half of them are from almost a decade ago. Turn 10 has probably the most diverse car list ths gen. despite only having 650 in total. 5 years on development time and more than 80% of the cars that should belong in a PS2 game in THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR?? How could that be...? By the way don't get me started on physics when you can't even adjust camber/tire pressure settings in GT5. Tracks: Where's Road America? Road Atlanta? Nurburgring GP? Sebring International Raceway? Oh and show me pit stop animations on Suzuka while you're at it too. :)
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Z-Fatalis

Drakshark2424

As I mentioned in another thread, racing in the rain happens on select tracks. THIS is how you do rain.  Like I said before, Quality > Quantity. More cars does NOT make it better. You have 1000 cars, but more than half of them are from almost a decade ago. Turn 10 has probably the most diverse car list ths gen. despite only having 650 in total. 5 years on development time and more than 80% of the cars that should belong in a PS2 game in THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR?? How could that be...? By the way don't get me started on physics when you can't even adjust camber/tire pressure settings in GT5. Tracks: Where's Road America? Road Atlanta? Nurburgring GP? Sebring International Raceway? Oh and show me pit stop animations on Suzuka while you're at it too. :)

Thats PGR4 what are you doing?.. lol

Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Drakshark2424

Z-Fatalis

Updates? You mean things that SHOULD HAVE been in the game in the first place? The no online debacle when the game released was inexcusable...
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 jessejay420

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]Forza is such a quality series that i still play forza 1 and 2 to this day :) Quality >>>>>>> Sales :) im lucky gamer to have every forza game :)Z-Fatalis

Excluding the yearly rehash that is NFS, It is the highest selling racing series of all time.

Sorry but Forza is higher quality than GT. GR : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (90) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (89) GS : GT5 (8.0) - Forza4 (8.5) Forza3 (9.5) Forza2 (9.2) MC : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (91) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (90) looks like Forza mopped the floor with GT this gen :) maybe next gen PolyPHONY can try again :)
Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Drakshark2424

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="Nanomage"] Yeah,it´s like a jack of all trades and master of none,hence the disapointing reception.Z-Fatalis

I realize that's PGR4. It just goes to show you what a game that came out almost 5 years ago could still manage to do. THATS how rain have been done on Gt5, not this half assed mess we got...
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="Nanomage"] Yeah,it´s like a jack of all trades and master of none,hence the disapointing reception.Z-Fatalis

yup PGR.. another game that outscored GT5 :) PGR 3 (8.8) PGR 4 (8.5) i guess most racing games outscore GT5 :lol:
Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Drakshark2424
[QUOTE="chaotzu"]I don't really care what all Forza does. GT5 still has the superior driving mechanics and that matters. Don't care about story mode or whatever Forza is doing. Jack of all Trades but master of none? GTFO. It's NASCAR mode is the better than the official NASCAR game. What, you mad cause the Talledega track didn't make it? And you guys are really overating the PS2 cars. I bet if I showed you a picture of a race in motion you couldn't even pick out which one was standard or premium.

Superior driving mechanics? Why can't I adjust tire pressure settings in pit stops? Oh and lighting system in GT5 > Forza. You could make the WORST modeled car in GT5 look so good you can't even tell it's from a game.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] As I mentioned in another thread, racing in the rain happens on select tracks. THIS is how you do rain.  Like I said before, Quality > Quantity. More cars does NOT make it better. You have 1000 cars, but more than half of them are from almost a decade ago. Turn 10 has probably the most diverse car list ths gen. despite only having 650 in total. 5 years on development time and more than 80% of the cars that should belong in a PS2 game in THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR?? How could that be...? By the way don't get me started on physics when you can't even adjust camber/tire pressure settings in GT5. Tracks: Where's Road America? Road Atlanta? Nurburgring GP? Sebring International Raceway? Oh and show me pit stop animations on Suzuka while you're at it too. :)Drakshark2424

I realize that's PGR4. It just goes to show you what a game that came out almost 5 years ago could still manage to do. THATS how rain have been done on Gt5, not this half assed mess we got...

Even PGR 3 and 4 outscored GT5
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"]Forza is such a quality series that i still play forza 1 and 2 to this day :) Quality >>>>>>> Sales :) im lucky gamer to have every forza game :)jessejay420

Sorry but Forza is higher quality than GT. GR : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (90) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (89) GS : GT5 (8.0) - Forza4 (8.5) Forza3 (9.5) Forza2 (9.2) MC : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (91) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (90) looks like Forza mopped the floor with GT this gen :) maybe next gen PolyPHONY can try again :)

So first you wanna talk about the whole series, and now you wanna use this gen only cause it suits your argument? lol

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="chaotzu"]I don't really care what all Forza does. GT5 still has the superior driving mechanics and that matters. Don't care about story mode or whatever Forza is doing. Jack of all Trades but master of none? GTFO. It's NASCAR mode is the better than the official NASCAR game. What, you mad cause the Talledega track didn't make it? And you guys are really overating the PS2 cars. I bet if I showed you a picture of a race in motion you couldn't even pick out which one was standard or premium.

Superior driving mechanics? Why can't I adjust tire pressure settings in pit stops? Lighting system in GT5 > Forza. You could make the WORST modeled car in GT5 look so good you can't even tell it's from a game.

Forza is Superior.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] As I mentioned in another thread, racing in the rain happens on select tracks. THIS is how you do rain.  Like I said before, Quality > Quantity. More cars does NOT make it better. You have 1000 cars, but more than half of them are from almost a decade ago. Turn 10 has probably the most diverse car list ths gen. despite only having 650 in total. 5 years on development time and more than 80% of the cars that should belong in a PS2 game in THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR?? How could that be...? By the way don't get me started on physics when you can't even adjust camber/tire pressure settings in GT5. Tracks: Where's Road America? Road Atlanta? Nurburgring GP? Sebring International Raceway? Oh and show me pit stop animations on Suzuka while you're at it too. :)Drakshark2424

So you're using another game because you can't use Forza to pwn GT5? good job bro I now see how pointless Forza really is.

And no bro this is how you do Wet racing

When Forza gets Wet racing, Snow racing, night racing, better handling better physics more cars and more tracks then come and argue with me.

mstrchf12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#225 mstrchf12
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts
This is astonishing. I like the games made by Sony but i hate the GT series. Forza is anyday better. The only reason GT sells so much is because of brand recogniton. It was one of the first racing sims after all.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 jessejay420

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

So first you wanna talk about the whole series, and now you wanna use this gen only cause it suits your argument? lol

and it still doesnt change the fact that Forza mopped the floor with GT this Gen. :) Im glad i chose the better Series :)
Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Drakshark2424

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

Are sales the only thing you could argue against the Forza series? Sales doesn't make it a better game. Hence, iracing and rFACTOR.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 jessejay420
This is astonishing. I like the games made by Sony but i hate the GT series. Forza is anyday better. The only reason GT sells so much is because of brand recogniton. It was one of the first racing sims after all.mstrchf12
indeed. if we went by sales then Call of Duty is the Best First-Person Shooter Ever. and Wii is the best Console this Gen. Sales Arguement = FAIL
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"] Sorry but Forza is higher quality than GT. GR : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (90) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (89) GS : GT5 (8.0) - Forza4 (8.5) Forza3 (9.5) Forza2 (9.2) MC : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (91) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (90) looks like Forza mopped the floor with GT this gen :) maybe next gen PolyPHONY can try again :)Drakshark2424

Are sales the only thing you could argue against the Forza series? Sales doesn't make it a better game. Hence, iracing and rFACTOR.

going by his logic,xbox >>>ps3 and Wii >>>> everything
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#230 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Yawn at "sim" racers.

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

GT5 the game so great Sony used PGR to market it....

Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Z-Fatalis

[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="jessejay420"] Sorry but Forza is higher quality than GT. GR : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (90) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (89) GS : GT5 (8.0) - Forza4 (8.5) Forza3 (9.5) Forza2 (9.2) MC : GT5 (84) - Forza4 (91) Forza3 (92) Forza2 (90) looks like Forza mopped the floor with GT this gen :) maybe next gen PolyPHONY can try again :)Drakshark2424

Are you choosing to be ignorent on purpose? or are you just illiterate? here take another look.

"Series wise GT is the highest rated racing series of all time.

Excluding the yearly rehash that is NFS, It is the highest selling racing series of all time."

See that first sentance? does it say anything about sales? no it doesn't, get your head out of your *** cause all your posts seem to be nonsense.

If you want to keep arguing your useless case any further then look on page 11, it pretty much owns all your worthless arguments.

Good f*cking day.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 jessejay420

GT5 the game so great Sony used PGR to market it....

Bruce_Benzing
i remember that :lol:
Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Drakshark2424

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

So you're using another game because you can't use Forza to pwn GT5? good job bro I now see how pointless Forza really is.

When Forza gets Wet racing, Snow racing, night racing, better handling better physics more cars and more tracks then come and argue with me.

That's because Turn 10 has a sense of TIME MANAGEMENT. Sticking to a 2 year cycle isn't easy. They couldn't do everything due to time constraints since you know, they actually release games on time, so things had to be cut. And they're VERY strict when it comes to framerate. I can post pretty pictures of bullshots in either game, but gameplay value is what matters most. You post that, but this is what GT5 actaully looks like.  And here's an article by Dan Greenawalt explaining why Night Racing wasn't present in Forza 4. http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH_UTH_10_10_12 And you're still not listening. MORE CARS DOES NOT MAKE IT BETTER. Wanna debate cars? Here's a car list of everything that's in Forza 4. http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/threads/forza-motorsport-4-car-track-list-dlc-updated-august-28th.37015/ Funnily enough the GT5 wishlist thread over on GTplanet has people begging for cars that's present in Forza. And you've even got people stating they they made the move to the 'other game' simly due to its car list ALONE..
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

Z-Fatalis

Are you choosing to be ignorent on purpose? or are you just illiterate? here take another look.

"Series wise GT is the highest rated racing series of all time.

Excluding the yearly rehash that is NFS, It is the highest selling racing series of all time."

See that first sentance? does it say anything about sales? no it doesn't, get your head out of your *** cause all your posts seem to be nonsense.

If you want to keep arguing your useless case any further then look on page 11, it pretty much owns all your worthless arguments.

Good f*cking day.

and yet every Forza game outscored GT5 this gen. on GS,MC and GR.. no matter what you say,this fact will never change. 4 Forza Games are rated higher than GT5 :) Forza beat GT this Gen :) Turn 10 >>>> PolyPHONY
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Drakshark2424

You can adjust camber.

Both Nurb GP and Sebring are in GT.

Forza doesn't even have pit stop animations.

Forza still doesn't have Spa = FAIL

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 jessejay420
[QUOTE="Z-Fatalis"]

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] I realize that's PGR4. It just goes to show you what a game that came out almost 5 years ago could still manage to do. THATS how rain have been done on Gt5, not this half assed mess we got...Drakshark2424

That's because Turn 10 has a sense of TIME MANAGEMENT. Sticking to a 2 year cycle isn't easy. They couldn't do everything due to time constraints since you know, they actually release games on time, so things had to be cut. And they're VERY strict when it comes to framerate. I can post pretty pictures of bullshots in either game, but gameplay value is what matters most. You post that, but this is what GT5 actaully looks like.  And here's an article by Dan Greenawalt explaining why Night Racing wasn't present in Forza 4. http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/FH_UTH_10_10_12 And you're still not listening. MORE CARS DOES NOT MAKE IT BETTER. Wanna debate cars? Here's a car list of everything that's in Forza 4. http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/threads/forza-motorsport-4-car-track-list-dlc-updated-august-28th.37015/ Funnily enough the GT5 wishlist thread over on GTplanet has people begging for cars that's present in Forza. And you've even got people stating they they made the move to the 'other game' simly due to its car list ALONE..

Thats because Turn 10 makes Quality games. thats why every forza game this gen is rated higher than GT5 Forza is Superior :)
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 jessejay420

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="Nanomage"] Yeah,it´s like a jack of all trades and master of none,hence the disapointing reception.Obviously_Right

You can adjust camber.

Pit stop animations? :? lol no wonder 800 PS2 were rehashed.. Polyphony was focusing more on pit stop animations and...Go-Karts :lol: FAIL!
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#239 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

GT5 has a large and loyal fanbase.

It's been this way for years. I don't know why this should come as a surprise to anyone.

Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Drakshark2424

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"][QUOTE="Nanomage"] Yeah,it´s like a jack of all trades and master of none,hence the disapointing reception.Obviously_Right

You can adjust camber.

I'm just gonna leave this here http://www.supercheats.com/guides/forza-motorsport-4/advanced-tuning-guide You're right, GT5 does in fact have the GP circuit, however it does NOT have Sebring. And show me pit stop animations on Suzuka. You're last sentiment I can agree with this one, but that doesn't automatically make it a fail. When it comes to Track DLC, Turn 10 doesn't handle it quite well.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Z-Fatalis

You can adjust camber.

wow seriously? lol

No night racing, no wet races, no snow races, no pitstop animations, less cars, less tracks, worse handeling, worse physics..

Wtf does Forza actually have lol? :lol:

Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Drakshark2424

GT5 has a large and loyal fanbase.

It's been this way for years. I don't know why this should come as a surprise to anyone.

The_Game21x
Exactly! ^
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#243 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

You can adjust camber.

Obviously_Right

mmm because the guy standing with an upside-down can of petrol (usually not even attached to the car) and the pit crew pulling wheels straight through wheel covers/bodywork is so much better right?:roll:

This is the difference between Turn 10 and PD; Turn 10 at least try to keep a vaguely high and consistent standard and don't just add features for the sake of being able to list more features, because that tends to lead to disappointment and dragging the overall polish of the game down.

But anyway in terms of sales GT is a long running and previously highly critically acclaimed franchise which had little competition when it started on the PS1, its obvious it would generate such a large fanbase.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 The_Game21x

You can adjust camber.

Obviously_Right

Yes, you can but GT5's tuning depth is still leagues behind Forza's.

Sebring is not in GT.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware pit stop animations were a big deal in a racing game.

Spa is one track. Granted, it's an excellent track but it's still one track.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 The_Game21x

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] As I mentioned in another thread, racing in the rain happens on select tracks. THIS is how you do rain.  Like I said before, Quality > Quantity. More cars does NOT make it better. You have 1000 cars, but more than half of them are from almost a decade ago. Turn 10 has probably the most diverse car list ths gen. despite only having 650 in total. 5 years on development time and more than 80% of the cars that should belong in a PS2 game in THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR?? How could that be...? By the way don't get me started on physics when you can't even adjust camber/tire pressure settings in GT5. Tracks: Where's Road America? Road Atlanta? Nurburgring GP? Sebring International Raceway? Oh and show me pit stop animations on Suzuka while you're at it too. :)Z-Fatalis

You can adjust camber.

wow seriously? lol

No night racing, no wet races, no snow races, no pitstop animations, less cars, less tracks, worse handeling, worse physics..

Uh...no. Forza's physics and handling are both better than GT5.

Drakshark2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Drakshark2424

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="Drakshark2424"] As I mentioned in another thread, racing in the rain happens on select tracks. THIS is how you do rain.  Like I said before, Quality > Quantity. More cars does NOT make it better. You have 1000 cars, but more than half of them are from almost a decade ago. Turn 10 has probably the most diverse car list ths gen. despite only having 650 in total. 5 years on development time and more than 80% of the cars that should belong in a PS2 game in THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR?? How could that be...? By the way don't get me started on physics when you can't even adjust camber/tire pressure settings in GT5. Tracks: Where's Road America? Road Atlanta? Nurburgring GP? Sebring International Raceway? Oh and show me pit stop animations on Suzuka while you're at it too. :)Z-Fatalis

You can adjust camber.

wow seriously? lol

Better physics? Then explain to me why GT5 has an absence of torque steer or the way it doesn't replicates loss of traction when understeering?
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#247 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I don't understand this idea that PS3 exclusives (or multiplats) don't sell. I don't see where this is coming from, based off of this source I found there is little difference in the sales between exclusives, multiplats, and just the system it's self. Only 360 exclusives that do better than PS3 exclusives are Halo and Gears (the latter of which is tied with Uncharted and beaten by God of War).

You can see for yourself here:

Best Selling Games for Xbox 360

Best Selling Games forPlayStation 3

As you can see, PS3 games do just fine. They do well enough to warrent a sequel. Not that I really care mind you, but it's a total myth that no one buys games on PS3 or that they all sell terribly.

Also funny is that the best selling Xbox game isn't even Halo, not even COD. It's Kinect Adventures lol. No wonder MS is all about Kinect, that's what the 360 audience is demanding.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#248 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

just like Americans worship Halo the Europeans do the same with Gran Turismo. Of-course the sales aren't as huge because America is the biggest video game market in the world.

TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts

Halo Reach sold 9 million last year. Is the game really that good?

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

just like Americans worship Halo the Europeans do the same with Gran Turismo. Of-course the sales aren't as huge because America is the biggest video game market in the world.

Gue1

You mean third.