GT5 rip, servers officially shutdown. GT6 lives on..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

GT5 servers were officially shutdown today, since 2010, over 10 million copies of GT5 have been sold, billions of miles accumulated online, and tons of epic good racing.

In the wake of the server shutdown, GT6 lobbies have exploded, as hundreds of thousands of fans have jumped shipped...rather forcefully, from GT5...

Yesterday, there were alot of lobbies, but i got on today, and there HUNDREDS of full rooms (16 players)

I knew the server shutdown would have a massive impact, but i didn't think it would be this dramatic.

So, basically, had GT5 servers available...no one would have jumped ship to GT6, period..

And honestly at the beginning i was not planning to get GT6, especially since Forza has been keeping me busy...gotta love HDMI switcher boxes... press the source then BOOM, whole other world..

But anyway, what does everybody think about the server shutdown? awhile back i made a thread about how the GT5 lobbies dwarfed the GT6 lobbies, was not even a competition, and exponentially so, So do you think PD should have shut down the GT5 servers, or should they have kept the running?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I moved to GT6 a long time ago. I don't feel anything about the server switch other than apathy to be honest. GT6 is a far superior game to GT5 anyways so people holding on to GT5 should have switched a long time ago. With that said, I can sympathize with people that felt that Sony closing down the GT5 servers was a bad thing. GT5 isn't up to 4 years old and Sony's already cutting support, that's not how you build consumer confidence. They better not pull the same shit when GT7 comes out or they'll deal with a lot of angry fans.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Not a big fan, but I'm more butthurt over the DS Pokemon games losing online.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

It's nice that GT6 got an activity boost. The reason for it isn't all that cool though.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

RIP in peace

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

thought it said gta5, was getting palpitations

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sony fans are use to this by now thanks to Sony. You get what you paid for. But that's kinda sad. I could play the first Forza Xbox 360 game online today, I'm pretty sure no one will be on, but the point is you could still play the online portion which is part of the game you paid for.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Sony fans are use to this by now thanks to Sony. You get what you paid for. But that's kinda sad. I could play the first Forza game online today, I'm pretty sure no one will be on, but the point is you could still play the online portion which is part of the game you paid for.

Not on Xbox Live, you can't,since MS shut down the original Xbox servers on April 15, 2010.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sorry I meant the first Xbox 360 Forza. It wouldn't make sense bringing up the original Xbox since the PS2 was lacking with online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Sony fans are use to this by now thanks to Sony. You get what you paid for. But that's kinda sad. I could play the first Forza Xbox 360 game online today, I'm pretty sure no one will be on, but the point is you could still play the online portion which is part of the game you paid for.

No you can't the original Xbox servers are long since shut down.

It really depends on the title and the publisher along with if there's a sequel. EA are shutting some servers soon but i've been able to play SW:BF2 for PS2 online until my 60gb PS3 died and would still now if it wasn't for that.

With GT i don't get all the complaints, just pick up GT6, it's better, available at £15 new and i bet you could get it sub ten pounds if you go preowned. Not like you're being forced to pay £40. I mean the game is 4 years old, i'd be surprised if there's many even playing and probably not a soul on this site, it's purely fanboy ammo.

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TorqueHappens08

@hoosier7 said:

@gago-gago said:

No you can't the original Xbox servers are long since shut down.

It really depends on the title and the publisher along with if there's a sequel. EA are shutting some servers soon but i've been able to play SW:BF2 for PS2 online until my 60gb PS3 died and would still now if it wasn't for that.

With GT i don't get all the complaints, just pick up GT6, it's better, available at £15 new and i bet you could get it sub ten pounds if you go preowned. Not like you're being forced to pay £40. I mean the game is 4 years old, i'd be surprised if there's many even playing and probably not a soul on this site, it's purely fanboy ammo.

if you mean GT5 as in no one playing online, there were ten times as many lobbies on GT5 then GT6 pre server shutdown, that game was booming, almost like no one ever left it, and many kept buying it because GT6 was pretty much crap when it came, before all the update fixes and tons of free DLC. not to mention it launched like it was a ghost, and in the period of the beginning next generation... i'm surprised it still sold as much as it did..

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I think Project Cars is Awesome....

TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TorqueHappens08

@Lulu_Lulu said:

I think Project Cars is Awesome....

I been playing the beta for awhile now, But what do you think about the whole GT5 server shut down?