GS Ryse review: 4.0 - KEEP ALL RYSE DISCUSSION HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#401 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Eddie-Vedder said:

Lair had next to NO hype I was in SW back then LOVE the DAMAGE CONTROL from lems LOOOL Ryse was WAY more hyped and talked about. Noone wanted to play a dragon flying game looooooooool.

Dude, it was widely seen as one of the biggest flops on SW. Here.

And this.

Also, this.

No lundy Too Human was hyped wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than Lair. Lair was kind of like how lems are pretending Ryse was, only hyped for it's graphics. Too Human was actually hyped as an AAAAE by desperate lems.

Lems said, "A legenday developer like Silicon Knights will be the best action game ever and de thrown GOW" stupid lems hyped it even after terrible gameplay (hey what do you know, just like Ryse) and after Playstation fans (who actually know what good gameplay looks like) told lems it was trash they still hype.

So please stop acting like Lair was hyped to the heavens, it was not. That would be MGS4...but guess what, that game did not fail to meet the hype.

My bad, I flagged this post by mistake. Now, that being said, my links were before Too Human... On a later post, I stipulated that it may have changed.

Seriously, take your bias and shove it.

Lair was hyped a shit-load... Like it or not.

----

Furthermore, you've been here since 2011... INb4, "I'm a lurker!"

#402 Edited by H33weesRus (10 posts) -

Flop

#403 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@FragTycoon said:

If past Forza sales are any indication, lems don't even care.

Well other than deflecting on every topic in SW. XD

I'm not sure, if you could cry more...

I'm a poet... And I know it.

deflection again

Erm... You brought up sales. You deflected the scores. Good job.

#404 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -
#405 Posted by Heil68 (43414 posts) -

Flop

AA HYPE only to uh, not get it...

#406 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@FragTycoon said:

If past Forza sales are any indication, lems don't even care.

Well other than deflecting on every topic in SW. XD

I'm not sure, if you could cry more...

I'm a poet... And I know it.

deflection again

Erm... You brought up sales. You deflected the scores. Good job.

I just pointed out your deflection... don't get mad at me because I also pointed out your deflect was flawed too.

Just admit Ryse is a steaming pile of dung and move on...

or is that hard for you to do?

#407 Posted by H33weesRus (10 posts) -
#408 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@FragTycoon said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@FragTycoon said:

If past Forza sales are any indication, lems don't even care.

Well other than deflecting on every topic in SW. XD

I'm not sure, if you could cry more...

I'm a poet... And I know it.

deflection again

Erm... You brought up sales. You deflected the scores. Good job.

I just pointed out your deflection... don't get mad at me because I also pointed out your deflect was flawed too.

Just admit Ryse is a steaming pile of dung and move on...

or is that hard for you to do?

Yeah, you aren't making sense. I have nothing to deflect, as my piece was already said. Forza scored a 9... What do I need to deflect?

Ryse turned out mediocre... I'm not sure of the ownage you gain.

--------

Damn son, smarten up.

#409 Posted by kaealy (1453 posts) -

Whoever designed the combat in this game needs to stop working in the gaming industry as a whole... right now, this second. You've done enough damage.

#410 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@Eddie-Vedder said:

Lair had next to NO hype I was in SW back then LOVE the DAMAGE CONTROL from lems LOOOL Ryse was WAY more hyped and talked about. Noone wanted to play a dragon flying game looooooooool.

Dude, it was widely seen as one of the biggest flops on SW. Here.

And this.

Also, this.

"I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but I perused the reviews for Too Human, and things are not looking good for Silicon Knights. Average at Metacritic is just 68%. Among the common complaints: dying is pointless,

combat

is unsatisfying and repetitive, the camera is problematic, the game is completely linear, the story is bland, and there just doesn't seem to be much point to the whole game.

Considering that the game's been in development for around 10 years, has been hugely hyped and it's even spurred a lawsuit against Epic, this is a pretty big bust for Silicon Knights. I get the sense that developers tend to struggle when they try to mesh too many elements together. SK was going for something that meshed Diablo-like RPG dungeon-crawling, Devil May Cry style action and an epic sci-fi adventure. Some games, like STALKER and Mass Effect, mesh different elements really well because they have a more clear cohesive concept.

So TH is a disappointment, but I suppose after the mediocre E3 showings people were skeptical anyway. I predict the "trilogy" will not be made."

http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=153685

lol, so much luz, I had even forgot that lems were hyping this as "Teh Trology" and that It had been in development for over 10 years...adds even more support to my argument. Lems were hyping all that.

lol...also

Too Human Pulled From Xbox Live Marketplace

"Not a lot of games have been as widely loathed as Too Human in recent memory. Silicon Knights’ science fiction take on Norse Mythology was not the game changer they had promised for nearly a decade of development, and it never formed into the trilogy they had envisioned, either. Add to that a mouth full of horrible PR from deranged company president Denis Dyack, and Too Human ranks among the most glorious flops of all time."

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/01/21/too-human-pulled-from-xbox-live-marketplace/

"...PR from deranged company president Denis Dyack, and Too Human ranks among the most glorious flops of all time."

#411 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@Eddie-Vedder: dude...Lair was massively hyped, massively...

Sorry nothing tops the 10 year, AAAAE, Silicon Knights can do no wrong, trilogy hype by lems as my sources clearly show.

#412 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

@FragTycoon said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@FragTycoon said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@FragTycoon said:

If past Forza sales are any indication, lems don't even care.

Well other than deflecting on every topic in SW. XD

I'm not sure, if you could cry more...

I'm a poet... And I know it.

deflection again

Erm... You brought up sales. You deflected the scores. Good job.

I just pointed out your deflection... don't get mad at me because I also pointed out your deflect was flawed too.

Just admit Ryse is a steaming pile of dung and move on...

or is that hard for you to do?

Yeah, you aren't making sense. I have nothing to deflect, as my piece was already said. Forza scored a 9... What do I need to deflect?

Ryse turned out mediocre... I'm not sure of the ownage you gain.

--------

Damn son, smarten up.

You posted a pic of Forza in a Ryse thread.... that's deflection.

You got called out on it... suck it up.

Oh and Ryse is not a "mediocre" game... it's a "poor" game.

Take your medicine.

#413 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

You posted a pic of Forza in a Ryse thread.... that's deflection.

You got called out on it... suck it up.

Oh and Ryse is not a "mediocre" game... it's a "poor" game.

Take your medicine.

Yup, a joke, at another poster's expense. Why did you feel the need to join?

It wasn't deflection, as I don't need to deflect the score. It scored shit lol. Have I stated otherwise?

-----

Called out on what? It seems you are the one needing to control any sort of damage. Posting Forza in a Ryse thread would be deflecting, if I were deflecting...

#414 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@casharmy said:

"I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but I perused the reviews for Too Human, and things are not looking good for Silicon Knights. Average at Metacritic is just 68%. Among the common complaints: dying is pointless,

combat

is unsatisfying and repetitive, the camera is problematic, the game is completely linear, the story is bland, and there just doesn't seem to be much point to the whole game.

Considering that the game's been in development for around 10 years, has been hugely hyped and it's even spurred a lawsuit against Epic, this is a pretty big bust for Silicon Knights. I get the sense that developers tend to struggle when they try to mesh too many elements together. SK was going for something that meshed Diablo-like RPG dungeon-crawling, Devil May Cry style action and an epic sci-fi adventure. Some games, like STALKER and Mass Effect, mesh different elements really well because they have a more clear cohesive concept.

So TH is a disappointment, but I suppose after the mediocre E3 showings people were skeptical anyway. I predict the "trilogy" will not be made."

http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=153685

lol, so much luz, I had even forgot that lems were hyping this as "Teh Trology" and that It had been in development for over 10 years...adds even more support to my argument. Lems were hyping all that.

lol...also

Too Human Pulled From Xbox Live Marketplace

"Not a lot of games have been as widely loathed as Too Human in recent memory. Silicon Knights’ science fiction take on Norse Mythology was not the game changer they had promised for nearly a decade of development, and it never formed into the trilogy they had envisioned, either. Add to that a mouth full of horrible PR from deranged company president Denis Dyack, and Too Human ranks among the most glorious flops of all time."

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/01/21/too-human-pulled-from-xbox-live-marketplace/

"...PR from deranged company president Denis Dyack, and Too Human ranks among the most glorious flops of all time."

I think you are misunderstanding the conversation. I don't give a shit about Too Human. I've never played it...

Your GIF would make sense, had I said anything regarding Too Human. Hell, I even said games may have flopped worse since the quotes I posted. What are you on about?

#415 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

BUT VENTUREPEAT SCORED IT A 86, AND THATS THE ONLY ONE THAT COUNTS! HARHARHAR

#416 Edited by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

Crytek should relearn how to make good games again, if it dosn't we will be seeing their games at the cinema.

#417 Edited by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@casharmy said:

"I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this, but I perused the reviews for Too Human, and things are not looking good for Silicon Knights. Average at Metacritic is just 68%. Among the common complaints: dying is pointless,

combat

is unsatisfying and repetitive, the camera is problematic, the game is completely linear, the story is bland, and there just doesn't seem to be much point to the whole game.

Considering that the game's been in development for around 10 years, has been hugely hyped and it's even spurred a lawsuit against Epic, this is a pretty big bust for Silicon Knights. I get the sense that developers tend to struggle when they try to mesh too many elements together. SK was going for something that meshed Diablo-like RPG dungeon-crawling, Devil May Cry style action and an epic sci-fi adventure. Some games, like STALKER and Mass Effect, mesh different elements really well because they have a more clear cohesive concept.

So TH is a disappointment, but I suppose after the mediocre E3 showings people were skeptical anyway. I predict the "trilogy" will not be made."

http://www.gamecritics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=153685

lol, so much luz, I had even forgot that lems were hyping this as "Teh Trology" and that It had been in development for over 10 years...adds even more support to my argument. Lems were hyping all that.

lol...also

Too Human Pulled From Xbox Live Marketplace

"Not a lot of games have been as widely loathed as Too Human in recent memory. Silicon Knights’ science fiction take on Norse Mythology was not the game changer they had promised for nearly a decade of development, and it never formed into the trilogy they had envisioned, either. Add to that a mouth full of horrible PR from deranged company president Denis Dyack, and Too Human ranks among the most glorious flops of all time."

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2013/01/21/too-human-pulled-from-xbox-live-marketplace/

"...PR from deranged company president Denis Dyack, and Too Human ranks among the most glorious flops of all time."

I think you are misunderstanding the conversation. I don't give a shit about Too Human. I've never played it...

Your GIF would make sense, had I said anything regarding Too Human. Hell, I even said games may have flopped worse since the quotes I posted. What are you on about?

You are talking about massively hyped games that flopped...I am showing you what one really is. Lair was no where as hyped as Too Human, if it was you would have a point with how hard you are jumping on the fact that if flopped.

Did lair have hype? Yeah it did. Was it massive hype anywhere close to how you are making it? No, no where close, for that I point you to Too Human to show you what a true overhype flop looks like, only as lems can do it. You just don't like that example because it shows you how lemmings over hype games that are crappy and flop...In reality there aren't many games that PS fans really hype that flop I can think on GT and GOWA (hyped AAA?) but those weren't sub-5 rated games.

All lemmings WERE hyping xbox 1 launch line up to be amazing, does that include Ryse? Helll yes it does. Stop hiding behind lame arguments like, "no none hyped it" now after all the BS from lemmings talking about how amazing the line up was. If lemmings were ONLY hyping forza from the line up then lems would have ONLY hyped forza out of the line up (like how cows only hyped KZSF and not line up which would include Knack) All this damage control from you lems is really telling.

"TEH AMAZING LINE UP OF X1 EXCLUSIVEZ!!!" line up flops "ON ONE HYPED RYSE, FORZA 5 WHOOH"

#418 Edited by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

@casharmy said:

You are talking about massively hyped games that flopped...I am showing you what one really is. Lair was no where as hyped as Too Human, if it was you would have a point with how hard you are jumping on the fact that if flopped.

Did lair have hype? Yeah it did. Was it massive hype anywhere close to how you are making it? No, no where close, for that I point you to Too Human to show you what a true overhype flop looks like. You just don't like that example because how you REALLY lemmings over hype games that are crappy and flop...In reality there aren't many games that PS fans really hype that flop I can think on GT and GOWA (hyped AAA?) but those weren't sub-5 rated games.

All lemmings WERE hyping xbox 1 launch line up to be amazing, does that include Ryse? Helll yes it does. Stop hiding behind lame arguments like, "no none hyped it" now after all the BS from lemmings talking about how amazing the line up was. If lemmings were ONLY hyping forza from the line up then lems would have ONLY hyped forza out of the line up (like how cows only hyped KZSF and not line up with would include Knack) All this damage control from you lems is really telling.

"TEH AMAZING LINE UP OF X1 EXCLUSIVEZ!!!" line up flops "ON ONE HYPED RYSE, FORZA 5 WHOOH"

So, you disagree with me? Great. You haven't disproven anything regarding Lair. You haven't even proven that Too Human was hyped more...

Who said that nobody hyped it? Quote it. Quote it. Quote it. Quote it. You can't even get the argument right, for fucks sake. Prove that Ryse was hyped to be "amazing," as quoted.

----

I seriously don't know what to do know... Wait 20 minutes? I have to work in less than 7 hours.

#419 Posted by -Unreal- (24535 posts) -

I doubt anyone in their honesty thought Ryse would be a good game.

#420 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@casharmy said:

You are talking about massively hyped games that flopped...I am showing you what one really is. Lair was no where as hyped as Too Human, if it was you would have a point with how hard you are jumping on the fact that if flopped.

Did lair have hype? Yeah it did. Was it massive hype anywhere close to how you are making it? No, no where close, for that I point you to Too Human to show you what a true overhype flop looks like. You just don't like that example because how you REALLY lemmings over hype games that are crappy and flop...In reality there aren't many games that PS fans really hype that flop I can think on GT and GOWA (hyped AAA?) but those weren't sub-5 rated games.

All lemmings WERE hyping xbox 1 launch line up to be amazing, does that include Ryse? Helll yes it does. Stop hiding behind lame arguments like, "no none hyped it" now after all the BS from lemmings talking about how amazing the line up was. If lemmings were ONLY hyping forza from the line up then lems would have ONLY hyped forza out of the line up (like how cows only hyped KZSF and not line up with would include Knack) All this damage control from you lems is really telling.

"TEH AMAZING LINE UP OF X1 EXCLUSIVEZ!!!" line up flops "ON ONE HYPED RYSE, FORZA 5 WHOOH"

So, you disagree with me? Great. You haven't disproven anything regarding Lair. You haven't even proven that Too Human was hyped more...

Who said that nobody hyped it? Quote it. Quote it. Quote it. Quote it. You can't even get the argument right, for fucks sake. Prove that Ryse was hyped to be "amazing," as quoted.

----

I seriously don't know what to do know... Wait 20 minutes? I have to work in less than 7 hours.

lol, I have proven Too Human was hyped more and was the BIGGER FLOP you blind lem...

"PR from deranged company president Denis Dyack, and Too Human ranks among the most glorious flops of all time."

this is from the president of the company, lol keep moving those goal posts and damage controlling. You have been destroyed but keep sticking those fingers in your ears and closing your eyes.

#421 Posted by madsnakehhh (14142 posts) -

Lol...but really guys, who didn't see this comming...aside from Lems of course :P

#422 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

@casharmy said:

You are talking about massively hyped games that flopped...I am showing you what one really is. Lair was no where as hyped as Too Human, if it was you would have a point with how hard you are jumping on the fact that if flopped.

Did lair have hype? Yeah it did. Was it massive hype anywhere close to how you are making it? No, no where close, for that I point you to Too Human to show you what a true overhype flop looks like. You just don't like that example because how you REALLY lemmings over hype games that are crappy and flop...In reality there aren't many games that PS fans really hype that flop I can think on GT and GOWA (hyped AAA?) but those weren't sub-5 rated games.

All lemmings WERE hyping xbox 1 launch line up to be amazing, does that include Ryse? Helll yes it does. Stop hiding behind lame arguments like, "no none hyped it" now after all the BS from lemmings talking about how amazing the line up was. If lemmings were ONLY hyping forza from the line up then lems would have ONLY hyped forza out of the line up (like how cows only hyped KZSF and not line up with would include Knack) All this damage control from you lems is really telling.

"TEH AMAZING LINE UP OF X1 EXCLUSIVEZ!!!" line up flops "ON ONE HYPED RYSE, FORZA 5 WHOOH"

So, you disagree with me? Great. You haven't disproven anything regarding Lair. You haven't even proven that Too Human was hyped more...

Who said that nobody hyped it? Quote it. Quote it. Quote it. Quote it. You can't even get the argument right, for fucks sake. Prove that Ryse was hyped to be "amazing," as quoted.

----

I seriously don't know what to do know... Wait 20 minutes? I have to work in less than 7 hours.

Hmm, first prove that lair was hyped to be amazing since it was your original argument that you only supported with retro active threads by lem fanboys. Provide the evidence from PS fans hyping it....I'll wait

#423 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@Jankarcop said:

console games sure do suck :)

There are 2 PC games with a score of 5 or lower on the first page of the reviews section. Calm the fuck down.

Major PC launch releases that make up most of its library?

Nah.

PSONE and xbone are flop machines. PC has had 8 aaaE this year alone.