GS Ryse review: 4.0 - KEEP ALL RYSE DISCUSSION HERE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by DirkXXVI (497 posts) -

This is unpossible!11!1!! A Crytek game with beautiful graphics but average to below average gameplay and story!!!! No wai!!!! I d0nt th1nk any1 saw this c0ming.

#152 Posted by Ackad (3149 posts) -

Expected to flop.

#153 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2429 posts) -

@Suppaman100: You keep using a side scrolling indie title to justify your purchase. Sorry, your reasoning is as flawed as your decision making. Ryse, is still better than your exclusive Knack, and Forza/DR3 both scored better (on a majority whole) than the killer app Killzone. But again, go ahead and kling on Resogun. Pretty lame.

#154 Edited by -Snooze- (7304 posts) -

Let's be honest, we all know it would suck pretty Damn badly, and it has. For a game that long in development with that amount of first party support and with a developer as well known as crytek this has to be labelled as one of the flops of the gen, before the Xbox even launched too

#155 Edited by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

Ok but if TLHBO...then, well....TCHBO as well.

Yup, both launches flopped terribly.

Give it 6 months to a year and all launch titles will be forgotten anyway though.

#156 Posted by locopatho (20131 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@John_Matherson said:

Any cow that says TLHBO is an idiot. It's not ownage when someone falls into the same predicament as you. Just like it wasn't ownage for lens when cows got the PS+ requirement news

Yeah, but that was 'WTF' because the cows gave Xbox fans SO MUCH shit about it online fees last gen.

We didn't give you shit about the online fees, we gave you shit because you pretended like it was fun and that it was good to have to pay for something others were getting for free. You can't call ownage when someone falls into the same issue as you. That's sad and dumb. Especially when you acted like you were happy with the issue

Xbox Live was better than PSN all gen long though. Granted the gap narrowed over time but I never felt ripped off. And I saw innumerable cows loling and vowing they'd never pay for online... all that changed with PS4. I didn't mind paying for quality on 360 and won't mind paying for quality online on PS4.

#157 Posted by BruceBenzing (306 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Resogun > every exclusive Xbone game on metacritic!

TLHBO

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Hhhmm.. not really. They still have a AAAE Exclusive game that's not an indie and the XB1 probably isn'tt going to BREAK IN THE THOUSANDS. lol!! Yes, RYSE is definitely a FLOP though. Metacritics don't count on SW. You cows should know that by now. Cows were the ones that educated me on that. lol!! Cows will do everything to try to make themselves feel better because all their main exclusives FLOPPED.

HAHAHAHAHA, "bu...bu..bu..only GS scores count"

So Beyond two souls is an AAAE now too then?

And the fact still remains:

Resogun > every exclusive Xbone game on metacritic! + PS4 is breaking records.

Deal with it lem.

Defending a 2 hour indie game PROVES Cows have lower standards for games

#158 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

All flash and no substance, we all saw this coming.

#159 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

Ryse, is still better than your exclusive Knack

Is it?

My maths must be wrong, I'm sure that

4.0 = 4.0

Are you telling me it does not?

#160 Edited by StormyJoe (4759 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@YD_11 said:

@Suppaman100:

Your logic fails. Even if you go by meta, the ps4 launch is still much worse.

KZ:SF = 73 and Knack = 56

Forza 5 = 82... DR3 = 78... KI = 73...Zoo Tycoon = 70... Powerstar Golf = 68 and Ryse = 60

In what way is the ps4 a better launch?

Zoo tycoon, powerstar gold, Ryse... LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Resogun > every Xbone exclusive on metacritic.

Deal with it.

"bu..bu..bu..only GS scores count" LOL

TLHBO

Metacritic doesn't count in here. And, you are claiming superiority with an arcade game.

LOL! Cows gonna cow, I guess...

#161 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17227 posts) -

LOWSE: THE FLOP OF ROME.

#162 Posted by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@YD_11 said:

@Suppaman100:

Forza 5 = 82... DR3 = 78... KI = 73...Zoo Tycoon = 70... Powerstar Golf = 68 and Ryse = 60

Deal with it.

TLHBO

So you bought a PS4 to play a twin stick indie game that is worse than Geometry Wars and came out like 8 years later LOL

So you bought an Xbone to play games that are worse than a PS4 indie game, inferior mutliplats, sh*t first-party, weak POS hardware, glorified cablebox, 720p (LOL!), more expensive, casual orientated, kinect POS? LOL

#163 Edited by not_wanted (1977 posts) -

"You are not entertained." : lol but here's a better one:

"Ryse and ryse again until lems become lions."

#164 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2429 posts) -

@_Matt_: are you strictly sticking to Gamespot to get your scores? If so Dead Rising 7, Forza 9 = Killzone 7 and Knack 4.

Are YOU telling me it doesn't? You're holding on to one game, the lowest expected game in terms of quality and expectations. If we pull out the Metacritic score (a comprehensive score of ALL critical scores COMBINED) then Xbox One 3, PS4 0. And no, I'm not counting the indie title. Soryr.

#165 Posted by BruceBenzing (306 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@YD_11 said:

@Suppaman100:

Deal with it.

TLHBO

So you bought a PS4 to play a twin stick indie game that is worse than Geometry Wars and came out like 8 years later LOL

So you bought an Xbone to play games that are worse than a PS4 indie game, inferior mutliplats, sh*t first-party, weak POS hardware, glorified cablebox, 720p (LOL!), more expensive, casual orientated, kinect POS? LOL

So you bought a PS4 to spend the next six days after launch trolling in a game forum? PS4 is boring = CONFIRMED.....

#166 Edited by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

@Suppaman100: You keep using a side scrolling indie title to justify your purchase. Sorry, your reasoning is as flawed as your decision making. Ryse, is still better than your exclusive Knack, and Forza/DR3 both scored better (on a majority whole) than the killer app Killzone. But again, go ahead and kling on Resogun. Pretty lame.

The funny part is you're owning yourself.

A "2 hour indie game" is better than any Xbone exclusive.

That's a fact.

But hey go ahead and cling on to your "only GS scores count" butthurt.

#167 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27327 posts) -

LOL knew it would be bad, just not this bad.

#168 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

So many notifications on this thread alone lol Damnit people, stop quoting page long posts! You can delete irrelevant posts within the quote quite easily to avoid all this :P

#169 Posted by tormentos (16785 posts) -

Metacritic doesn't count in here. And, you are claiming superiority with an arcade game.

LOL! Cows gonna cow, I guess...

Sound shapes has 9 in here and is not on xbox one..hahaha

#170 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Both lems and Cows should be doing major DC, Dreamcast is still king with launch titles.

#171 Posted by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@blackace said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Resogun > every exclusive Xbone game on metacritic!

TLHBO

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Hhhmm.. not really. They still have a AAAE Exclusive game that's not an indie and the XB1 probably isn'tt going to BREAK IN THE THOUSANDS. lol!! Yes, RYSE is definitely a FLOP though. Metacritics don't count on SW. You cows should know that by now. Cows were the ones that educated me on that. lol!! Cows will do everything to try to make themselves feel better because all their main exclusives FLOPPED.

HAHAHAHAHA, "bu...bu..bu..only GS scores count"

So Beyond two souls is an AAAE now too then?

And the fact still remains:

Resogun > every exclusive Xbone game on metacritic! + PS4 is breaking records.

Deal with it lem.

Defending a 2 hour indie game PROVES Cows have lower standards for games

Still doesn't change the fact that Resogun > Xbone games. And hey most of the game critics are saying that not me.

Have fun with your butthurt though.

#172 Posted by clyde46 (44060 posts) -

All flash and no substance, we all saw this coming.

Classic Crytek.

#173 Edited by FamilyGuyFan507 (2429 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@FamilyGuyFan507 said:

That's a fact.

I'm not owning myself, nor am I butthurt here. Your immature name calling is petty, at best. Simply speaking, you bought a 400 dollar console, or are buying one, and you're justifying that with an Indie title. Resogun is not better than Dead Rising 3 and/or Forza 5, as indie/arcade titles are noticeably AND always held up to less standards than full fledged produced games.

Again, if we want to go from Gamespot scores, Forza did better. Moving on.

#174 Posted by _Matt_ (8837 posts) -

@_Matt_: are you strictly sticking to Gamespot to get your scores? If so Dead Rising 7, Forza 9 = Killzone 7 and Knack 4.

Are YOU telling me it doesn't? You're holding on to one game, the lowest expected game in terms of quality and expectations. If we pull out the Metacritic score (a comprehensive score of ALL critical scores COMBINED) then Xbox One 3, PS4 0. And no, I'm not counting the indie title. Soryr.

This is SW, so we go with GS scores, so yes.

Where am I holding onto one game? I am merely enjoying that games are flopping on both platforms, the lems and cows damage controlling has been amusing.

Yes the X1 has a better launch lineup on GS (though indie games do count, disregarding them is stupid); but the fact that Ryse is currently the biggest flop on GS for the next gen amuses me; it was hyped as 8/9 and flopped as far down as 4. Killzone flopped pretty hard too, but not as much.

#175 Edited by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

@brucebenzing said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@YD_11 said:

@Suppaman100:

Deal with it.

TLHBO

So you bought a PS4 to spend the next six days after launch trolling in a game forum? PS4 is boring = CONFIRMED.....

I never buy a console at launch only idiots like you do that.

PS3 had so many great games these last months so there's no need imo to upgrade just yet. I know, I know you lemmings have been abandoned with the 360, the same fait awaits the Xbone 720p though.

PS4 is still by far the best option.

#176 Posted by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

How I felt with my morning coffee when I saw the review?

:P

#177 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

@FamilyGuyFan507 said:

That's a fact.

Keep things civil and stay classy, or posts will start being deleted.

That's not a "fact."

#178 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic: Oh come on! You knew, we all knew it would be craptastic hehe :P

#180 Edited by tormentos (16785 posts) -

Sound shapes has 9 in here and is not on xbox one..hahaha

http://www.gamespot.com/sound-shapes/

#181 Edited by FamilyGuyFan507 (2429 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@FamilyGuyFan507 said:

That's a fact.

Keep things civil and stay classy, or posts will start being deleted.

That's not a "fact."

I hope this is not directed at me.

#182 Posted by Netret0120 (2000 posts) -

TLHBO!!!!!

#183 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27327 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@blue_hazy_basic: Oh come on! You knew, we all knew it would be craptastic hehe :P

In the hype thread I said I'd be generous and hype it 7 (was expecting a 6 but EVERYONE on this board knows lemmings were hoping for at the least an Ae game). Never thought it would get a 4!

#184 Posted by sirk1264 (5525 posts) -

Not surprising. The gameplay looked stale and full of qte's. Just didn't look enjoyable. If there is one thing crytek can do nowadays, its make pretty games. Disappointing. Since crysis they have been going downhill.

#185 Posted by GravityX (679 posts) -

Since my thread was locked. Inexplicably.

I'll ask here.

Love the way the game looks. While I do see how the game can get repetitive, I'm curious to see if the game is really in fact boring.

So I ask you still purchase Ryse or will you take the reviews to heart and wait for the bargain bin?

#186 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27327 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I was all like

#187 Posted by princeofshapeir (13629 posts) -

I guess GameSpot... Was not entertained.

But still: XB1.launch > PS4 launch thanks to Forza. But neither console is worth buying now.

#188 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

In the hype thread I said I'd be generous and hype it 7 (was expecting a 6 but EVERYONE on this board knows lemmings were hoping for at the least an Ae game). Never thought it would get a 4!

Oh I didn't knew it would get a 4, but I knew it wouldn't get a 7 either :P All the gameplay shown so far looked bad, really bad. Graphically it looks great, but it ends up being a tech demo and little else unfortunately.

#189 Posted by Pray_to_me (2796 posts) -

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#190 Edited by blackace (20025 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@FamilyGuyFan507 said:

That's a fact.

LMAO!! No it isn't. DR3 and Forza 5 has way, way, way more gameplay and content then Resogun fool. I knew Cows were little kiddies with not much intelligence, but damn does this confirm it more then anything else.

Why are there like 4-5 "Ryse Review 4.0 Flop" thread on the front of SW? LOL!! Cows are so butthurt that they needed to make many threads to try to claim ownage? LOL!! Cows are so sad.

Mods needs to lock all those other threads and just keep this one alive.

#191 Edited by freedomfreak (38725 posts) -

b0.gif.

#192 Edited by ohgeez (910 posts) -

Is anybody really that surprised?

Apparently the game has framerate issues too. Digital foundry has the game sitting around 26fps average with dips down into the teens on occasion.

#193 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7090 posts) -

I think only a few, really delusional, fanboys were hyping it. Ryse looked terrible from a gameplay perspective.

#194 Posted by clyde46 (44060 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I was all like

I was like

#195 Posted by Newhopes (4471 posts) -

I think only a few, really delusional, fanboys were hyping it. Ryse looked terrible from a gameplay perspective.

Only ones trying to hype it where stupid cows.

#196 Posted by brad12d3 (1023 posts) -

So the only place we discuss Ryse is under a topic that says "GS Ryse Review 4".. and everything else gets locked? Yeah seems legit. Anyways, here are all the Ryse reviews available that were in another thread before it got locked.

These are not Cherry picked but consist of all the scores listed on Metacritic plus several others I found. Feel free to add to the list if you find any others.

All these scores average out to an overall score of 65. So not exactly Game of the Year, but not quite a flop either.

65 Average Score

Kotaku - YES you should play this game (no number score)

86 - Venture Beat

86 - Gamesbeat

80 - 3news

80 - Newsarama

80 - Xbox360achievements

75 - EGM

75 - Everyeye.it

70 - Wired

70 - Heavy

70 - Multiplayer.it

70 - The Escapist

70 - Game Trailers

70 - Eurogamer Italy

70 - Gamesradar

70- Videogamer

70- Official Xbox Magazine UK

68 - IGN

65 - 3DJuegos

65 - MMGN

65 - NZGamer

62 - Vandal Online

60 - Meristation

60 - Digital Spy

60 - Gameblog

60 - Games(™)

60 - Game Informer

60 - Polygon

55 - Nowgamer

50 - Shacknews

50 - Joystiq

50 - Destructoid

50 - Eurogamer

40 - Gamespot

30 - Metro Gamecenter

#197 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

It's OK. Last night Cows informed me that Metacritic or your preferred review is what counts. And on metacritic Ryse is a 62 which is 6 points better than Knack. Plus Kotaku said "Yes"! Buy It!

Thank you Crytek.

#198 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42584 posts) -

@brad12d3 said:

So the only place we discuss Ryse is under a topic that says "GS Ryse Review 4".. and everything else gets locked? Yeah seems legit. Anyways, here are all the Ryse reviews available that were in another thread before it got locked.

Too much Ryse spam in the forums right now.

#199 Posted by lundy86_4 (42872 posts) -

lol, nice.

#200 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@FamilyGuyFan507 said:

That's a fact.

You are one of the only two idiots here parading a free 2D side scroller. When measuring success of Sony's launch, this is a major fail. Sooner or later you have to be a big boy and admit it. My little SuppaDuppaMan.