GS: PS4 is winning the race

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/advantage-ps4-why-sony-is-winning-the-console-war/1100-6418034/

"Xbox One is in second place, and that's where it's going to stay for this console cycle."

"Sony has the potential for more exciting exclusive games than Microsoft."

"Ultimately, Microsoft banked on a future that most people don't care as much about: controlling your entertainment center with the power of your voice. For me personally, that's not a system seller; it's a novelty that only works perfectly 60% of the time and makes me want to use a physical controller every time it doesn't understand me. PlayStation, on the other hand, has focused on games."

"The general perception is that the PlayStation is more powerful than the Xbox One."

OUCH!

#2 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Inb4butthurt lems like StormyJoe, kuu2, and blackace.

TLHBO.

#3 Posted by lostrib (33376 posts) -

Duh

#4 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

Xbone is in LAST place as of right now. I don't even know if it'll beat the Wii U.

#5 Posted by lundy86_4 (42875 posts) -

No wai! Yeah, pretty obvious. Sony managed a solid launch.

#6 Edited by Shewgenja (8347 posts) -

Sony managed a solid gaming machine. They addressed every problem the PS3 had and the result is what gamers wanted out of a next-gen system. The fact they delivered at a good price makes it a very simple purchasing decision.

#7 Edited by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

No wai! Yeah, pretty obvious. Sony managed a solid launch.

I give more credit to Mark Cerny.

If MS had any ounce of intelligence, they would contract Cerny to design their next-gen console.

#8 Edited by ni6htmare01 (895 posts) -

That is not even news anymore. Everyone knows that already

#9 Edited by brut_fruit (91 posts) -

#10 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

That is not even news anymore. Everyone knows that already

Everyone but lems on SW.

#11 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

I think the Wii U will edge out the Xbox One in sales this generation.

#12 Posted by bobbetybob (19126 posts) -

Once it gets some exclusives and a lower price it'll sell fine, just like the PS3 last gen.

#13 Posted by Boggle_Dragon (87 posts) -

To think the Xbox is down and out after three months is silly. Hopefully MS realises that its games before gimmicks and just focus on delivering the goods game wise.

#14 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28338 posts) -

lol wow Gamespot really is incapable of posting good articles anymore and simply posts fud to garner hits this is why this place is dying.

#15 Posted by Suppaman100 (3711 posts) -

lol wow Gamespot really is incapable of posting good articles anymore and simply posts fud to garner hits this is why this place is dying.

#16 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

aww, is your favvy company not winning the console wo'? ;__;

#17 Posted by tormentos (16792 posts) -

Confirmed gamespot = sheens as well..hahaha

#18 Posted by lostrib (33376 posts) -

cry moar

#19 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

To think the Xbox is down and out after three months is silly. Hopefully MS realises that its games before gimmicks and just focus on delivering the goods game wise.

That will depend on how patient and consumer-friendly Microsoft gets.

SONY knew that to save the playstation brand, they needed to get on the consumer's good side by offering deals that cost them billions. They gave free access to multiplayer. They pumped out quality exclusives almost every year.

Microsoft isn't like that. They're looking for quick profits. This is why Xbox* is doomed. If SONY were in Microsoft's position right now, they would have canned multiplayer paywalls and would release a new exclusive every month. However, despite being favorable measures for consumers, those are costly, so MS won't do them.

#20 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Dat butthurt

#21 Posted by ni6htmare01 (895 posts) -

@tyloss said:

lol I am sure about that, but honestly that will be nice because than it'll show to MS that they can't get a way with craps like TV TV TV TV when it comes to game console

#22 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

B-b-but have you seen.......Titanfall?!

*sniff*

Have you?

#23 Posted by Couth_ (9977 posts) -

We knew the PS4 would have the edge worldwide but i'm surprised it has the edge in the U.S. as well. Titanfall should help the xbone but won't necessarily put it past the PS4

#24 Posted by ratchet_usa (356 posts) -

@Suppaman100: Hey at least the xbox will move from third place (xbox 360) to second with xbox one LMAO @ nintendo and wii u.

#25 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6064 posts) -

Cow wet dream article from one paid idiot at CowSpot. 2014 is a win when no games are coming to the Quad???????? Yeah that's a win fo sho. Lol.

Article should be rewritten to "last full year Sony does business as a complete entity".

#26 Edited by Effec_Tor (228 posts) -

Sony wins.

Game over.

#27 Edited by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

Some system was eventually going to come out ahead.

There were only three primary choices. Congrats to Sony at this time, but the race is far from over.

#28 Posted by Shewgenja (8347 posts) -

Cow wet dream article from one paid idiot at CowSpot. 2014 is a win when no games are coming to the Quad???????? Yeah that's a win fo sho. Lol.

Article should be rewritten to "last full year Sony does business as a complete entity".

#29 Posted by Scipio8 (614 posts) -

Who cares, its someone's opinion, like ars*holes everyone got one even GS editors. Sony will be dead before this console gen ends.

#30 Edited by cainetao11 (16600 posts) -

No Way!!!!!!! What about the WiiU?!!!!

#31 Edited by g0ddyX (3889 posts) -

It will be neck and neck again.
PS4 will be top but doesnt mean Microsoft won't be right behind them keeping them in check.
All about having good HEALTHY COMPETITION. You get halo and infamous, win win.

Xbox One coming Last and Third? Don't Kid yourself. Like the PS4, they are just warming up.
Wii U is dead last in terms of everything. (online, hardware, third party, content, multimedia)

Developers and Indie Devs are working on X1/PS4 games as we speak.

#32 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4133 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

There were only three primary choices. Congrats to Sony at this time, but the race is far from over.

#33 Edited by cainetao11 (16600 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Will be strange when the only creditor Sony can get is MS, because X1 will not get their games division in black; and Sony's PS4 wont help their company get in the black. ............................I jest lems and cows, please relax

#34 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6064 posts) -

@Shewgenja: come on Swhenga, you cant actually believe a troll article written on a troll site by a paid troll would say anything else, do you? It was designed to have cows breed at a more alarming rate. They succeeded.

#35 Edited by super600 (30144 posts) -

@tyloss said:

The likelyhood chance of that happening is zero now. It could have happened with MS's original vision for the xbox one, but the WiiU will fail to compete with the xbox one since the xbox one will get more support than the WiiU.

#36 Edited by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

It will be neck and neck again. PS4 will be top but doesnt mean Microsoft won't be right behind them keeping them in check.

Xbox One coming Last and Third? Don't Kid yourself. Like the PS4, they are just warming up.

Wii U is dead last in terms of everything. (online, hardware, third party, content, multimedia)

The only thing that kept the 360 neck-and-neck with the PS3 was because of the US and UK.

Microsoft doesn't have that advantage now. The gap was about 1.2 million at the start of this year. Now it's near 3 million. You're insane if you think this will be anything but a one-sided victory for SONY.

#37 Posted by Shewgenja (8347 posts) -

@Shewgenja: come on Swhenga, you cant actually believe a troll article written on a troll site by a paid troll would say anything else, do you? I was designed to have cows breed at a more alarming rate. They succeeded.

My friend, we have seen Titanfall.. We have seen it and are buying PS4 for Infamous.

It's okay. We'll be here for you when it sinks in.

#38 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6064 posts) -

@Shewgenja: then I wish you the best!!! Quoted from Two Worlds.

#39 Posted by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

I own a ps4 and I'll definitely pick up an XONE... honestly, I couldn't care less who sells more consoles. I think gamers are gonna win this gen. Both consoles will have a ton of reasons to buy by the end of this generation.

#40 Posted by NFJSupreme (5129 posts) -

nail in coffin?

#41 Edited by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

#42 Posted by millerlight89 (18346 posts) -

@g0ddyX said:

It will be neck and neck again. PS4 will be top but doesnt mean Microsoft won't be right behind them keeping them in check.

The only thing that kept the 360 neck-and-neck with the PS3 was because of the US and UK.

Microsoft doesn't have that advantage now. The gap was about 1.2 million at the start of this year. Now it's near 3 million. You're insane if you think this will be anything but a one-sided victory for SONY.

You also have to wonder how many of those sales came from failed 360s.

#43 Posted by CountBleck12 (22518 posts) -

Obviously it's winning.

#44 Edited by kuu2 (6886 posts) -

Its not how you start its how you finish baby.............

#45 Posted by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Will be strange when the only creditor Sony can get is MS, because X1 will not get their games division in black; and Sony's PS4 wont help their company get in the black. ............................I jest lems and cows, please relax

It's strange to witness 'rivals' team up, but I've played that game before.

#46 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15927 posts) -

In before the Xbox fanboys use the term "CowSpot".

#47 Posted by MGS2007 (105 posts) -

LMAO Epic Butthurt!

#48 Edited by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

I own a ps4 and I'll definitely pick up an XONE... honestly, I couldn't care less who sells more consoles. I think gamers are gonna win this gen. Both consoles will have a ton of reasons to buy by the end of this generation.

PS4 gamers will win this gen, but Xbone Gamers are NOT going to win.

PS3 gamers won last gen because SONY was consumer-friendly. SONY knew they had to bend over so that they wouldn't lose any more marketshare than they already have.

Microsoft doesn't have the kindness or humility.

If MS wants to save Xbox*, they're going to need to give free multiplayer access since PSN is superior to XBL now. They're going to need to invest in new IPs and not just Halo, Gears and Forza. They also need to continue to give out new exclusives throughout the entire gen and not just the first 2 years like they normally do.

Of course, these measures are going to cost billions. The biggest one is the free multiplayer access, which would cost Microsoft over $15 billion in lost revenue for the remainder of this gen. SONY was willing to suck it up. Microsoft isn't because they're too myopic. Under current trajectory, they're going to lose the race by 50 miles, in which case, they're going to get vastly lower LIVE subscriptions in the end.

Microsoft should bite the f*cking bullet for the remaining 7+ years and reintroduce them next gen, but knowing Microsoft, they'll probably can the Xbone after 2 years and release the Xbox TWO.

#49 Edited by blamix99 (1623 posts) -

this thread is full of Lems tears, it stinks..

#50 Edited by TheEroica (13241 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

PS4 gamers will win this gen, but Xbone Gamers are NOT going to win.

PS3 gamers won last gen because SONY was consumer-friendly. SONY knew they had to bend over so that they wouldn't lose any more marketshare than they already have.

Microsoft doesn't have the kindness or humility.

If MS wants to save Xbox*, they're going to need to give free multiplayer access since PSN is superior to XBL now. They're going to need to invest in new IPs and not just Halo, Gears and Forza. They also need to continue to give out new exclusives throughout the entire gen and not just the first 2 years like they normally do.

Of course, these measures are going to cost billions. The biggest one is the free multiplayer access, which would cost Microsoft over $15 billion in lost revenue for the remainder of this gen. SONY was willing to suck it up. Microsoft isn't because they're too myopic. Under current trajectory, they're going to lose the race by 50 miles, in which case, they're going to get vastly lower LIVE subscriptions in the end.

Microsoft should bite the f*cking bullet for the remaining 7+ years and reintroduce them next gen, but knowing Microsoft, they'll probably can the Xbone after 2 years and release the Xbox TWO.

Oh my goodness friend, I don't even know where to begin :/

Kindness? Humility? which company that you speak of does, exactly? Sony's online price went up by 50$ this generation :(

New IP's - Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Ryse, Project Spark, Quantum Break... that's 5 new IP and we're just exiting the launch window. They know they'll need new IP. I think they've shown more than SOny at this point.

PSN is better than XBL? how exactly?

point is, as stated above... the Xbox ONE and the fans of the xbox brand will be entirely justified in their purchase. MS allowed themselves to slip, no doubt. However, this is the very beginning of a generation. Less than 5% of the total consoles that will be bought, have been bought at this point... there is little factual information supporting your claims at all. Sony should feel good about the impressive start, it will surely be a fantastic console. Pretending the xbox one won't be is kinda silly though. almost laughable. Just like the less than impressive first 2 years of the PS3 of last generation, companies make mistakes, get hungry and by the end usually get it right. MS will be no different with XONE.