GS People's Choice GOTY, Vote Here

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Right on, TLoU is doing great, it definitely deserves it!

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@jer_1 said:

Right on, TLoU is doing great, it definitely deserves it!

8/10.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I favour gameplay, Level design, and challenge above all else. My vote goes to Pikmin 3. My one vote wasn't enough to give Pikmin 3 even 1 percent :(

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

@Giancar said:

@foxhound_fox said:

All the salty brogamers are finally going to be happy.

Seems like "bro gamers" forgot about their idol: Call of Duty.

Zero votes at the time of this post.

Call of Duty is dead. Activision was trying to blame the release of the PS4 and Xbox One on the weak sales of Call of Duty Ghosts. But gamers are just sick of playing the same game every year without any changes.

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#55 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

If GTA V doesn't win this, gamers will once again have proven their lack of taste.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56 DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

The Domination Has Won.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Voted for Bioshock Infinite.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Release the butthurt cows!!

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Haven't played The Last of Us yet. Still waiting for it to drop to $19.99 on Amazon before I buy it. I hope it is as good as cows make it out to be.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Haven't played The Last of Us yet. Still waiting for it to drop to $19.99 on Amazon before I buy it. I hope it is as good as cows make it out to be.

It's great and looks amazing!

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Finally we get to vote! Thanks for the info, TC.

Voted for the open world of crime and free bad behaviour GTAV. :-P

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#62 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

The Last of Us really only deserves an 8/10.

I played it awhile ago, and the only thing that was somewhat interesting was the story. However, that story was chopped up by less interesting portions of gameplay. The crafting system is more like a gesture than anything else, and there is absolutely nothing "survival" about the game. It's also not much of a third person shooter since going in guns blazing is always a bad idea, and you are much better off using a stealth approach.

In terms of stealth mechanics, TLOU is significantly weaker than games dedicated to stealth such as Hitman Absolution, Splinter Cell Blacklist or Dishonor. AI is simply retarded. In Hitman Absolution, if you throw something to distract an enemy, and the enemy had a view of the projectile's trajectory, he would investigate the source of the projectile instead of the sound. Sure, it may make sense for blind zombies, but it was ridiculous when human enemy who was just around a corner chase after a bottle like some doggie when I throw it out almost from in front of him. Then there is the immersion-breaking "invisible allies". They can be pretty dumb and take cover on the other side of a cover facing the enemy! However, they are invisible and a horde of zombies would ignore them until the player engages in combat.

The graphics is also not worthy of praise. It's tolerable, but the low resolution and severe lack of AA hurts the design of the game significantly. There is a lot of blurry textures and inconsistent levels of quality throughout the game. There are also many occasions where character models would clip into each other, especially Ellie who frequently runs right through Joel. Finally, it was surprising since I never expected it on a console - there are graphical glitches. Sometimes a texture would be missing for a second, or textures in the distance would be flickering, or an animation may not play out correctly for half a second. It appears to be the result of a game truly pushing the limited hardware of PS3, and the glitches did not add to the graphics of the game. FPS also drop below 30 fps fairly frequently. This game actually looks a lot worse in motion, and does not offer the level of visual quality one would expect, after looking at its screenshots.

The first 10 minutes of TLOU deserve a 10/10. That was narrative gold, displaying how subtle player choices can be meaningfully implemented into what many other games would convey using a cut-scene. The rest of the game deserves 7/10 at best - very mediocre gameplay carried by a decent story.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@Nintendo_Ownes7 said:

Call of Duty is dead. Activision was trying to blame the release of the PS4 and Xbox One on the weak sales of Call of Duty Ghosts. But gamers are just sick of playing the same game every year without any changes.

Until Titanfall comes out and everybody is saying: "ZOMG MECHS IN A SHOOTER; GOAT!"

They are tired of "modern warfare", they can't get enough spunkgargleweewee.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Outside of Demon's Souls there is probably no better gaming experience this generation

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#65 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

@GhoX said:

The Last of Us really only deserves an 8/10.

I played it awhile ago, and the only thing that was somewhat interesting was the story. However, that story was chopped up by less interesting portions of gameplay. The crafting system is more like a gesture than anything else, and there is absolutely nothing "survival" about the game. It's also not much of a third person shooter since going in guns blazing is always a bad idea, and you are much better off using a stealth approach.

In terms of stealth mechanics, TLOU is significantly weaker than games dedicated to stealth such as Hitman Absolution, Splinter Cell Blacklist or Dishonor. AI is simply retarded. In Hitman Absolution, if you throw something to distract an enemy, and the enemy had a view of the projectile's trajectory, he would investigate the source of the projectile instead of the sound. Sure, it may make sense for blind zombies, but it was ridiculous when human enemy who was just around a corner chase after a bottle like some doggie when I throw it out almost from in front of him. Then there is the immersion-breaking "invisible allies". They can be pretty dumb and take cover on the other side of a cover facing the enemy! However, they are invisible and a horde of zombies would ignore them until the player engages in combat.

The graphics is also not worthy of praise. It's tolerable, but the low resolution and severe lack of AA hurts the design of the game significantly. There is a lot of blurry textures and inconsistent levels of quality throughout the game. There are also many occasions where character models would clip into each other, especially Ellie who frequently runs right through Joel. Finally, it was surprising since I never expected it on a console - there are graphical glitches. Sometimes a texture would be missing for a second, or textures in the distance would be flickering, or an animation may not play out correctly for half a second. It appears to be the result of a game truly pushing the limited hardware of PS3, and the glitches did not add to the graphics of the game. FPS also drop below 30 fps fairly frequently. This game actually looks a lot worse in motion, and does not offer the level of visual quality one would expect, after looking at its screenshots.

The first 10 minutes of TLOU deserve a 10/10. That was narrative gold, displaying how subtle player choices can be meaningfully implemented into what many other games would convey using a cut-scene. The rest of the game deserves 7/10 at best - very mediocre gameplay carried by a decent story.

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't all that impressed with the game. The gameplay felt sluggish and clunky with lots of AI glitches. The story was good but there were long stretches where it wasn't advanced in any meaningful way, in particular the Pittsburgh section.

shame most fanboys will be too lazy to respond to genuine criticism.