GS caving in to Cow pressure?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

Gamespot recent review of the Godfather remakes for both the Wii and PS3  is intriguing me. They were both reviewd by the same reviewer, which is a good thing in my opinion. However, how can the games receive the same scores in all the criterias including gameplay. The 2 versions play significantly different due to at least the control schemes. I don't care which version is better, but the scores should be different to reflect the difference in the 2 versions.

It seems GS reserved it's opinions in order to quell the Cows repellion. Looks like all that whining paid off in the end.

Dashtal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dashtal
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
Smart post, looks like you question Gamespot's integrety. That'll come and haunt you...
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts
That's strange...but why would the cows care about this game?
Brown52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Brown52
Member since 2006 • 2639 Posts
Well, they supposedly review each independently for each system.  So it could just be a coincidence.  The reveiwer could also just be lazy.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
The games are different but they are entirely different consoles so why should they be scored differently for being different? (yes, that was a mouthful...)
Sparkys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sparkys
Member since 2004 • 4074 Posts

WTF? Why shold GS give different scores just because they play different? GS thinks their quality is the same. Don't be stupid.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
go look at DBZ BT2 review for wii and ps2, they used the wiis review for the ps2 and it even mentions the wiimote in there...they just dont care sometimes
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
I think it's laughable that people think GS reviewers score games based on the "pressures" of no-name fanboys in a silly discussion forum. Honestly, all that nonsense about the "Tipping Point" article was hilarious.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
Could be that they don't find the different play modes don't significantly affect how fun the game is to play.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

Its no worse than their screwup with the Madden 07 review...in fact, its better than that.

I think it's laughable that people think GS reviewers score games based on the "pressures" of no-name fanboys in a silly discussion forum. Honestly, all that nonsense about the "Tipping Point" article was hilarious. Tristam22

The discussions when those kind of things come up center primarily about journalistic professionalism, or lack thereof. That "Tipping Point" article read like a flamebait and for all practical purposes was, it was used as "ownage" by Lemmings and used as a weapon supporting "Anti-PS3" bias by the most rabid of PS3 fanboys...but mostly it was used as further evidence of Gamespot's declining journalistic standards.

One of the big problems was, if its an "Editorial" as some Mods used to defend its lack of any real journalism, why did they have it on the front page? 

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
I guess I don't see some whole conspiracy going on...Oh, nice bias by the way TC. The Wii should obviously get a better score in gameplay? Giving into cows? Maybe the reviewers liked both control schemes and gameplay equally. Just because it's different doesn't mean the quality is better or worse.
hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts

I guess I don't see some whole conspiracy going on...Oh, nice bias by the way TC. The Wii should obviously get a better score in gameplay? Giving into cows? Maybe the reviewers liked both control schemes and gameplay equally. Just because it's different doesn't mean the quality is better or worse.Ibacai
I honestly don't care which version get a better score, I don't go around whining when something get a low score on Wii. That being said, I think the difference in the game should be reflected on the scores. If the Wii version got a 5 for unresponsive controls or bad graphics you wouldn't have seen this thread posted by me. But cmon, not even a .1 difference, or even gameplay or graphics score difference?

However, Sony fans always bring it up when there is a difference between PS3 and 360 reviews, hence the cow pressure I mention.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
Hmm....8,6,7,8,8 for both and very similar comments. Perhaps a case of GS lazyness with reviews, thats the only thing I can think of.
DementedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DementedDragon
Member since 2003 • 5095 Posts
this has been done before, a lot; especially last gen.
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

Gamespot recent review of the Godfather remakes for both the Wii and PS3  is intriguing me. They were both reviewd by the same reviewer, which is a good thing in my opinion. However, how can the games receive the same scores in all the criterias including gameplay. The 2 versions play significantly different due to at least the control schemes. I don't care which version is better, but the scores should be different to reflect the difference in the 2 versions.

It seems GS reserved it's opinions in order to quell the Cows repellion. Looks like all that whining paid off in the end.

hamidious

but the dons edition adds more content and fixesx bugs and stuff

the wii version is like ps2 except with controls

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts

WTF? Why shold GS give different scores just because they play different? GS thinks their quality is the same. Don't be stupid.

Sparkys
Look at dragon ball Z: Budaki Tenchiaichi 2 for the Wii and PS2... same exact review. In the PS2 review, they talk about "cluncky Wii controls". (Which I don't agreee with personally, but...) Yes, gamespot can be lazy.