Ground Zero's can be completed in 18 minutes

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Mozelleple112 said:

Eurogamer, what a joke website. Aren't they the ones that incorrectly reviewed MGS4?

Agreed. 8 was far too high.

crappy viewers don't know when to give a 10 when it is due.

MGS4 should have received 11/10 (yes it blew the scale)

im with you on that one,

while the story was diarrhea sprayed upon a script,

some of the set pieces were just mind blowing, the microwave scene is just art,

and the gameplay had been so well designed,

I mean you have to have both hands on the controller while viewing the playboy mag in first person,

doesn't that blow minds?

you can go prone, approach a ledge and immediately hang off of it.

sony should've kept online for that game going or paid for patch work,

only then would the ps3 really have been the system cows have been mooing for

#52 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16033 posts) -

Like I thought: a paid demo

I hope this doesn't become a trend.

#53 Posted by RimacBugatti (1170 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

Every game minimum should take atleast 4 hours to complete. And they shouldn't make games easy enough to run through. I was debating between MGS and Infamous so I thank you in helping me decide on Infamous instead. If I spend $25 on a 2 hour movie than $60 should get me around 5 hours or so of entertainment. It seems these days that the only games that deliver as far as time would be racing and fighting games. Gaming is turning into a big scam. But companies like Naughty Dog will continue to deliver some of the best titles. I will still game but I want to see a change.

#54 Edited by Ballroompirate (21587 posts) -
#55 Posted by blamix99 (1532 posts) -

whatever guys, the price is not that bad.. i even spend 200 pounds for a Hot Toy Joker of The Dark Knight.

#56 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16033 posts) -
#57 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3157 posts) -

Metal Gear was the most overrated shit in gaming for a good 15 years til Vanquish came out. Looks like Kojima wants his "overrated" title back.

That's rich coming from a tool with a Ryse avatar.

As far as I am concerned, if lemmings can get het up over a Brink clone they'll get bored of after 3 hours, I can happily enjoy a portion of a game that I will replay 50 times like I did the MGS2 demo.

#58 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2199 posts) -

Already planning on buying two copies. Giddy yup.

Buying two copies of game made by a guy that says his roots are on PC. What a sucker this peasant is but then peasants aren't known for their intelligence.

#59 Posted by Krelian-co (9963 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Buying two copies of game made by a guy that says his roots are on PC. What a sucker this peasant is but then peasants aren't known for their intelligence.

i plan on buying it too and i have a gaming pc, i couldn't give 2 sh1ts about what some idiot on the internet says, pc can't play mgs4 and it won't be able to play mgs 5.

#60 Posted by g0ddyX (3867 posts) -

Over 10 hours of content and its a new metal gear game for Xbox One and PS4.
Gamespot has debunked it all.

#61 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2199 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider said:

@xboxdone74 said:

i plan on buying it too and i have a gaming pc, i couldn't give 2 sh1ts about what some idiot on the internet says, pc can't play mgs4 and it won't be able to play mgs 5.

I don't have any problem with that. I was just rubbing reality in the face of xbox+psdone74. :D

#62 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -
#63 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1757 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@zeeshanhaider said:

@xboxdone74 said:

I don't have any problem with that. I was just rubbing reality in the face of xbox+psdone74. :D

Well played man , well played .

#64 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38150 posts) -

I was wondering how low the time would get for a speed run. 18 minutes is funny

#66 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17081 posts) -

Yeah, and Skyrim can be completed in 20 minutes, but that doesn't make it any less great of a game.

This is a pretty lousy comparison. The game itself provides endless quests and hundreds of hours of gameplay. A gigantic open world.

None of these things arein MGS Ground Zeroes. So stop...just...stop. STAHP!

#67 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2199 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: keep on beggin', PC panhandler. :)

I really love it when peasants try to hide their tears behind smiley. :D Developers abandoning peasants left and right. Hell even Japanese devs are jumping on the awesome PC bandwagon. Oh and the only begging I saw is from the ex console exclusive devs begging to PC gamers for a kickstarter after going bankrupt while solely relying on peasants. :D

#68 Posted by PSP107 (11560 posts) -

I adored MGS1, 3 and 4

MGS2 is way better than 3 and 4.

#69 Posted by Netret0120 (1886 posts) -

@PSP107:

MGS2 is my fave too. i luv em all but mgs2 just nailed it

#70 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@zeeshanhaider: I sure love it when the panhandlers talk shit, then start screaming "why not on pc? Would be so much better on pc!"

Raaaagggeee!

All those cute indie titles...yet none worthy of goty. And I'm sure they really tax your big badass rigs resources, right? ;-)

Keep on beggin', panhandler.

#71 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

I've heard even as low as 5 minutes for the main rescue mission.. of course it's from a Konami employee that helped build the game and knows the guts of it.

Even so, dozens of reports are coming in claiming that you can spend 8-10 hours with the game and still be sitting around 30% completion. Most of those people are saying that the first run of the main mission is roughly 2 hours, but that's only the tip of the ice berg. It seems this is the norm for most players.

There is actually a lot of content to this game. Basically, this game is about equal to the first 2 acts of MGS4 in terms of content. I'm surprised that pretty much none of the recent news is making it to SW. I'll round up some links and make a thread later if I have the time. Lots of cool stuff! Kind of wish I didn't know about some of it.

I'm genuinely hyped though. I know MGS4 was a dud, but Peace Walker restored some faith and everything I've seen and heard of this game and Phantom Pain seems pretty great!

#72 Posted by CleanPlayer (9763 posts) -

For whatever reason, I just can't be hyped for this prologue game. It feels like this should be priced at 20 dollars at the most. I really think by the time MGSV is actually released, Ground Zeroes will be bundled into it

#73 Edited by blackace (19697 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: I cancelled my pre-order about a week ago. I moved my $5 over to Kinect Sports Rivals. lol!! At least I know that game will have more then 2hrs (or 18mins) of gameplay. Won't have to worry about Kojima disrespecting Western gamers.

People paid $40 for Gran Turismo 5: Prologue.

LMAO!!! Bunch of idiots. I got GT5 full version in a PS3 bundle on sale for $197. It also included Uncharted 3 & MW3. I got the last one on the shelf too.

#74 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

For whatever reason, I just can't be hyped for this prologue game. It feels like this should be priced at 20 dollars at the most. I really think by the time MGSV is actually released, Ground Zeroes will be bundled into it

I'm positive that GZ will come with TPP.

As for the pricing, it is 20 bucks on all platforms if you go digital. 30 for physical.

#75 Posted by donalbane (16135 posts) -

@donalbane said:

Yeah, and Skyrim can be completed in 20 minutes, but that doesn't make it any less great of a game.

This is a pretty lousy comparison. The game itself provides endless quests and hundreds of hours of gameplay. A gigantic open world.

None of these things arein MGS Ground Zeroes. So stop...just...stop. STAHP!

The point is that there are speed runs, and then there are people like most Metal Gear fans out there who are going to take their time. If you plan on beating it once at a fast pace and then never going back to it again, by all means, don't buy it.

#76 Edited by nini200 (9360 posts) -

I watched a YouTube video of someone beating Ocarina of Time in about 13 minutes.

I need to see this

#77 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16372 posts) -

In the game's defense, it was a developer with inside knowledge doing everything he could to get through as quickly as possible.

Still think the game is too short to warrant a purchase.

#78 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38150 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

I've heard even as low as 5 minutes for the main rescue mission.. of course it's from a Konami employee that helped build the game and knows the guts of it.

Even so, dozens of reports are coming in claiming that you can spend 8-10 hours with the game and still be sitting around 30% completion. Most of those people are saying that the first run of the main mission is roughly 2 hours, but that's only the tip of the ice berg. It seems this is the norm for most players.

There is actually a lot of content to this game. Basically, this game is about equal to the first 2 acts of MGS4 in terms of content. I'm surprised that pretty much none of the recent news is making it to SW. I'll round up some links and make a thread later if I have the time. Lots of cool stuff! Kind of wish I didn't know about some of it.

I'm genuinely hyped though. I know MGS4 was a dud, but Peace Walker restored some faith and everything I've seen and heard of this game and Phantom Pain seems pretty great!

Eh the guys over at Konami also said it has 100 hours worth of gameplay. Then they said most of that stuff is leaderboard crap or tedious collectible style stuff, I don't really have high hopes.

I would love to be wrong after how awful MGS 4 was and I'd love a return to form but GZ really sounds bare bones.

TPP on the other hand looks fantastic

#79 Posted by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

@Wiimotefan said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Eh the guys over at Konami also said it has 100 hours worth of gameplay. Then they said most of that stuff is leaderboard crap or tedious collectible style stuff, I don't really have high hopes.

I would love to be wrong after how awful MGS 4 was and I'd love a return to form but GZ really sounds bare bones.

TPP on the other hand looks fantastic

Oh yeah, 100 hrs is bs. That's probably if you find every possible easter egg, get all top rankings and play every mission in every way possible. I'm sure TPP will probably approach the 100 hr mark though since it's pretty much a large scale version of PW which is already very lengthy for an MGS title.

GZ does sound pretty bare bones when compared to a full title, but 8-10 hours of content for 20 bucks seems more than reasonable to me. Hell I paid 50 bucks to play the MGS2 tanker mission which is far less content lol. And call me a sucker, but I loved the base building system in PW and really want to get all the exclusive recruits that you can pick up in GZ. There is an action packed mission where you have to save Hideo Kojima and he'll be part of your staff in TPP as a result.... I just can't pass up on that!

I guess we'll see how 'worth it' the game is in a couple of weeks, but when literally dozens of people that played the game are coming forward saying that it's minimum 8 hrs of play for 20 to 30 bucks, I think it'll be all good.