Greatest Stealthy Sneaker in gaming Ever?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) 6 months, 5 days ago

Poll: Greatest Stealthy Sneaker in gaming Ever? (55 votes)

Garrett 20%
Agent 47 9%
Sam fisher 31%
Solid Snake 27%
Assassins from Assassins creed (anyone of them) 4%
Others 9%

So who is in your opinion is best stealthy sneaker ever? best character in stealth games ever??

i choose Agent 47. because imo he beats al when it comes to sneaking and hiding. how he disguise himself and done his job in silent assassin way that no one recognize. and i love it!!. Garrett is also amazing badass sneaker too (old garrett. not new one). sam fisher is also good but he is too much generic character.

Agent 47 the best.

#1 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

I like the Assassins. They Blend Mr. 47's hiding in plain site technique with Sam Fisher's Gymnastics.

Just like Ninjas !

#2 Posted by Heil68 (43435 posts) -

I would pick the original Garrett.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -

Sam Fisher. He sticks to the shadows and is unseen. Agent 47 is stealthy but he doesn't really sneak, more walk in plain eye sight in disguise.

#4 Posted by sts106mat (18998 posts) -

sam fisher

#5 Posted by Consternated (492 posts) -

The answer is in your avatar, silly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4N5OhcY9s

#6 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Sam Fisher. He sticks to the shadows and is unseen. Agent 47 is stealthy but he doesn't really sneak, more walk in plain eye sight in disguise.

thats what make him badass. plus Agent 47 is Anti hero. best type of protagonist. sam fisher is better sneaker but he is more of good american hero. not saying agent 47 is bad. he is good guy too.

#7 Edited by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

thats what make him badass. plus Agent 47 is Anti hero. best type of protagonist. sam fisher is better sneaker but he is more of good american hero. not saying agent 47 is bad. he is good guy too.

No doubt 47 is badass. I'm a bit tired of anti heroes at the moment, it seems that most protagonists in action games these last few years have been more anti hero.

I think SC games just have a special place in my heart (earlier ones), so I'll stick with Sam Fisher.

#8 Edited by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

Agent 47.

Why? Disguising in plain sight and making your kills look like accidents is way more fun than being a predator or sneaking pass enemies undetected.

#9 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8355 posts) -

I miss Tenchu games :(

#10 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Its actually possible to play Hitman with out Using disguises, you can't still sneak around, crawl through vents, go over catwalks, climb drain pipes, shimmy across ledges, hide in certain structures.

Dare I say 47's Sneakyness is shust as good as Sam Fisher's ?

I think he's pretty damn close.

#11 Edited by sts106mat (18998 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@_Matt_ said:

No doubt 47 is badass. I'm a bit tired of anti heroes at the moment, it seems that most protagonists in action games these last few years have been more anti hero.

I think SC games just have a special place in my heart (earlier ones), so I'll stick with Sam Fisher.

totally agree.

Sam wasn't always into towing the line, but he always got the job done. even though he wasn't a talker, i enjoyed the banterhe and lambert had and was genuinely gutted when you know what happened in DA

#12 Posted by lostrib (34311 posts) -

Stealth is for pussies!

#13 Edited by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@_Matt_ said:

totally agree.

Sam wasn't always into towing the line, but he always got the job done. even though he wasn't a talker, i enjoyed the banterhe and lambert had and was genuinely gutted when you know what happened in DA

Agreed, although I usually pretend Double Agent didn't happen :P .

I also liked the general dark humour Sam had, and some of the lines he had when interrogating people.

#14 Posted by Vatusus (4420 posts) -

Been playing lately SC Blacklist and Sam Fisher is a mother fvckin badass in that game but Agent 47 and Naked Snake/Big Boss are still my favorite. Cant chose between the two though...

#15 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@_Matt_ said:

totally agree.

DA sam fisher was best character he potray.

blacklist sam was most generic character ever. he is completely out of character in game. different face and voice actor and become more of superhero fighting terrorists..

47 apart from absolution was badass character. especially in contracts. dat run from swat team. this is how protoganist should be.

#16 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Been playing lately SC Blacklist and Sam Fisher is a mother fvckin badass in that game

sam was once great hero turn into generic superhero. what so badass about him in blacklist?

#17 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3466 posts) -

Rikimaru from Tenchu deserves a mention. I like Solid Snake and Sam Fisher as well.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Whats with all this talk about Sam's personalities ? Back to the action people.... This isn't The View.

#19 Edited by Vaasman (11233 posts) -

The unnamed protagonist in Mark of the Ninja. Not even a contest really. Only reason he isn't in the poll is because he sneaked past it.

#20 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1362 posts) -

Sometimes polls aren't really useful.

For example, the most popular character is going to win in this one, not the most stealthiest (Garret).

#21 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16296 posts) -

The answer is in your avatar, silly - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4N5OhcY9s

hahahaha, sniper doesn't include the spy, that's amazing.

#22 Posted by longtonguecat (2495 posts) -

Am I allowed to say the Fox AKA Cate Archer? :D

#23 Posted by donalbane (16201 posts) -

My 3 favorite stealth games in defending order are:

1. MGS4 - Octocammo is badass.
  2. Splinter Cell Backlist - Ubisoft brought back the great stealth from the old days
  3. Tenchu Z - crap fighting system, but the silent stealth kills were unbelievably entertaining
#24 Edited by Boddicker (2503 posts) -

No Corvo on the poll?

For shame.

#25 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16672 posts) -

Garret is the only right answer.

#26 Posted by Vatusus (4420 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Been playing lately SC Blacklist and Sam Fisher is a mother fvckin badass in that game

sam was once great hero turn into generic superhero. what so badass about him in blacklist?

Easy, his movement, his CQC, his cold ass attitude. Sam Fisher as never been better than on Blacklist. And yes, I've played the old SC games on their hardest difficulties (check my trophy list) and Blacklist is my favorite. If anything, the old SC games are very linear with crappy AI, with the exception of Chaos Theory. Though good for their time, the new SC gameplay (Conviction and Blacklist) is the way to go.

#27 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

Spy from TF2. His watch can do wonders, as long as nobody turns up their volume too high. ;)

The other guys are way too noisy in comparison.

#28 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Sneaky bastard....

#29 Posted by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -

Gonna go with Ezio on this one.

#30 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

Sam Fisher is my personal favorite...

#31 Posted by SteXmaN (370 posts) -

I have to go with Garrett ,sry Sam xD

#32 Posted by TheEroica (13301 posts) -

Ill take sam fishers stealth all day of the week... but the assassins are plain brutal when they need to be.

#33 Edited by blamix99 (1670 posts) -

this is a hard one

#34 Posted by xh117 (51 posts) -

Adam Jensen, because his cloaking augment is overpowered and he can see through walls while making no noise from running.

#35 Edited by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

Garrett, Sam Fisher, Rikimaru, JC Denton, Adam Jensen...those are my favorites. But Garrett takes the cake. He is the sneakiest of all. The Thief games are also the purest stealth games that exist.

#36 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

Garrett

#37 Posted by WallofTruth (1513 posts) -

Original Garret or Sam, I'll go with Sam.

#38 Posted by freedomfreak (39125 posts) -

He's cool.

#39 Posted by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -
#40 Posted by freedomfreak (39125 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

who?

The fella from Mark of the Ninja :p

#41 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Big Boss/Solid Snake.

#42 Edited by kitty (114543 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Me to. :( Being playing them since the ps1 days. I still play wrath of heaven/return from darkness sometimes.

#43 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

Dem Commandos..

#44 Posted by kalipekona (2296 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Me to. :( Being playing them since the ps1 days. I still play wrath of heaven/return from darkness sometimes.

Same here. I'm a huge Tenchu fan. I also still play Shinobido: Way of the Ninja on the PCSX emulator sometimes. Have you played that one? It was developed by Acquire, the original developers of Tenchu. We need a new Tenchu game, or at least a game in the same vein.

#45 Posted by cainetao11 (16845 posts) -

I went with Sam. I just like him best. Read the novels as well, good stuff.

#46 Posted by poomonger613 (1329 posts) -

only a true stealth master can successfully sneak through a military establishment using only a cardboard box

#47 Posted by Jag85 (4365 posts) -

Solid Snake.

#48 Posted by jg4xchamp (47306 posts) -

Garret from the original Thief games. Not that game where the dev studio clearly went shopping at Hot Topic

#49 Posted by kitty (114543 posts) -

@2ndwonder said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Same here. I'm a huge Tenchu fan. I also still play Shinobido: Way of the Ninja on the PCSX emulator sometimes. Have you played that one? It was developed by Acquire, the original developers of Tenchu. We need a new Tenchu game, or at least a game in the same vein.

Nice to see a big fan. I thought they didn't exist and I was the only one here. :P I feel bad, I wanted to try that one. But as soon as I got my Vita, I couldn't resist buying Shinobido 2 for it. Dunno how much it would take away if I went back and played it, though I wouldn't mind. After playing 2, if the first is the same, I'd definitely play it. Shinobido 2 is my first plat actually lol. But yeah we, do. Z wasn't that good, and I just didn't like Shadow Assassins. I felt like I wasted my money on that day 1 purchase. I even walked through 8 - 10 inches of snow to buy it. I'd like something in the middle of wrath of heaven/return from darkness and fatal shadows. That was the last decent/good games that we had in the series imo.

#50 Posted by Link3301 (1680 posts) -

Op put in Solid Snake, but left out this guy