Gravity Rush 2 - have you played it? any interest?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

I guess by today's standards you would consider a game like Gravity Rush 2 to be considered niche. After all, there's no English dub. But a game like this should get more attention. It's a unique IP with a cool premise. Being able to shift gravity and fight in the air or on the ground however you wish is a pretty cool gameplay mechanic. One that takes a little bit of getting used to, but overall not bad. The game also has lush "anime" graphics and cool blur effects. Most importantly, it's pretty fun, and a big step up from the previous game that originated on the Vita. So what are your thoughts on this game, SW? Any interest? Have you played it? Admittedly I'm late to it, but so far I think it's a huge step from the first game. It also has much better controls now that its on console, and more options for combat, which were very basic in the previous game. Enemy variety and type are better too.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Haven't played it yet, but i will at some point.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I still have to play the remastered first one. Looks like the type of game I'd enjoy, though

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I gotta be honest, no and no. Maybe I pick it up on a whim during a sale or something, but I have no interest in actively scouting it out and playing through it.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Yup, I liked it a lot. Gameplay wise, it reminds me of 3D Sonic and Rodea, albeit its version of the homing attack could be a lot tighter, and the art, music, and overall charm are top notch. I hope there's a third game, because I feel like with just a little more refinement in the gameplay, it could be something really special.

Oh, and there's no English dub, because they're speaking a fake language (it's a combination of French and Japanese). Panzer Dragoon is another series that did the same thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Renegade_Fury said:

Yup, I liked it a lot. Gameplay wise, it reminds me of 3D Sonic and Rodea, albeit its version of the homing attack could be a lot tighter, and the art, music, and overall charm are all top notch. I hope there's a third game, because I feel like with just a little more refinement in the gameplay, it could be something really special.

Oh, and there's no English dub, because they're speaking a fake language (it's a combination of French and Japanese). Panzer Dragoon is another series that did the same thing.

Also Shadow of the Colossus, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, and even Splatoon (lol)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Played the first one, the gameplay is shit. Didn't want to play the 2nd one.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44643 Posts

I saw it at the store still listed for $60, definitely waiting for price drop first. But even before I consider that, need to wipe out some of my PS4 backlog, including the original Gravity Rush. Managed to pick up a physical copy a while back, for some strange reason it's a digital only game except Amazon had an exclusive arrangement to distribute new copies of disc versions. I do think GameStop does sell used disc copies when they come by them though. But yeah, that was only $30 when I got it, I think they're done printing them and they're already rare, checking online the cheapest used copy is a hair under $70. Ouch, glad I got mine when I did.

Anyhow, finish by backlog, next on my list of games to get is Horizon and Last Guardian, then I may consider Gravity Rush, if I'm not sucked into getting any of those enticing collections like WipeOut or LocoRoco or Patapon.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#10 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I had it pre-ordered and got it the day it came out, but I haven't played it yet. I wanted to finish the first game first, but I haven't done that yet.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

@lamprey263: glad I got my copy when it came out

@Renegade_Fury: lol that's so strange

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I was always interested in gravity rush, but didnt have a vita. Now I have one and just got gravity rush 1, so we'll see how that goes, if all is well then I will pick up 2 after a while.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

First one didn't do it for me, so no

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts

It's fun.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Played the demo.

It was fun but it honestly doesn't feel like my thing.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I loved it. My only issue is the second one dragged on a little towards the end. The second game had a few other places of questionable game design. If you like light hearted super hero movies this game is great.

The side quests are repetitive but luckily you are not forced to do them. I suggest going through the main story first otherwise you will get burnt out. I strongly advise not trying to 100% everything before moving on.

The controls are a big barrier to new comers. Don't feel discouraged if you feel you aren't good, it will take some time to adjust. Once you get good, traversal and combat will feel greatly satisfying.

Gravity Rush is a bit of a flawed diamond. If it's on sale I recommend picking it up. The unique art style, story and gameplay combined makes this game something you should at least try.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

I recently gamefly'd it and I'm having a difficult time getting into it. I really enjoyed the first one on the vita but this one seems off to me so far. I need to play it more before passing final judgment though.

KMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KMP
Member since 2017 • 380 Posts

A lot of the complaints I see from NeoGAF makes this game sound really off-putting to me, but it's like.... fuuuuuuck we got a sequel to Gravity Rush? And like a sequel so packed with shit people allegedly say it feels like Gravity Rush 2, 3, and 4 all together?

I think the first is a good time, a full-blown console sequel would be an instant-play any other year. I might get it soon and play it after P5 and Zeruda.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Tried the Demo didn't even bothered to finish. But seems to be a ok game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Absolutely not.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

been trying to finish for nearly 2 months now

The side quests are so wretched that i have to put the controller down every 10 minutes or so.Then there are those shitty forced stealth missions.....

I don't understand how this got a 9/10.It's a 5/10 and that's being generous

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

I guess it's a love it or hate it game, but all i can say is the Lunar gravity skill alone makes this game worth playing.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@ShepardCommandr: the worst part is that melee combat. Thought the first game would be more a platformer and not an action game about dive kicking and beating up dudes. Shit is mad shallow. Makes dynasty warriors look like Devil May Cry.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#24 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I finished the first one. It was a frustrating game because of mechanics. I plan to buy the 2nd part when it goes on sale...but currently I am busy with horizon zero dawn.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#25 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Not my cup of tea I think altough I really should try it to just play a unique game once in a while. Also can anyone tlel me if I need to play the first one?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I intend to buy it someday. I might get the remastered version and play that first before starting 2 though, it's been a long time since I played the first one on Vita

khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts

Haven't played it, and don't intend to. First game was meh.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

No, only tried the demo of the original and didn't like it. Floating in the air makes the combat difficult.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17857 Posts

did they fix it? i played the first one on the vita and liked a lot of things about it. the whole falling/flying around the place was nice. great music. nice setting. quite a charming game.

but the combat was...well it was sloppy as all hell. i could only put up with it for so long.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

Of course I bought it, I like supporting unique Playstation exclusives.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

NO!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@metalslimenite said:

The game is trash. So bad that I couldn't keep playing it. Terrible Spanish fiesta music, awful characters, lame game mechanics, stupid and uninteresting story, mindless fetch side quests. Not even worth a rental.

this...

only vita fanboys like you TC hyped this game. no one else.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Loved it :) The whole freedom and wackiness type of thing going on is a damn nice departure from the typicality of many games. Would definitely preorder 3 if/when it happens!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#34 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I beat it, and while I enjoyed it for the most part, it certainly wore out its welcome by the last quarter of the game.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SolidGame_basic

@KBFloYd said:
@metalslimenite said:

The game is trash. So bad that I couldn't keep playing it. Terrible Spanish fiesta music, awful characters, lame game mechanics, stupid and uninteresting story, mindless fetch side quests. Not even worth a rental.

this...

Gravity Rush 2 isn't on Vita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@KBFloYd said:
@metalslimenite said:

this...

It's not a Vita game though?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@KBFloYd said:
@metalslimenite said:

this...

TC isn't a vita fanboy. I'm the only idiot who fits that category in this forum.