Graphics King-Again

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by adamosmaki (9451 posts) -

Bullshots

Supabul
yeah you see unlike consoles there are no bullshots on Pc. It might take a $1500 rig to run it at that detail but it aint no bullshot
#52 Posted by adamosmaki (9451 posts) -

Not really graphics king material. But, I'm drawn to sharp, clear, and shiny graphics (especially metal) like a pack rat. :lol:

hardreset20130202001848.jpg

Zoom in:

hardreset20130202001819.jpg

hardreset20130116212629.jpg

hardreset20130201235308.jpg

hardreset20130202000620.jpg

hardreset20130201235416.jpg

jun_aka_pekto
another underrated game when comes to graphics talk and i dont mean tecnhical only but overall. Hard Reset looks great
#53 Posted by RyviusARC (4325 posts) -

I think Crysis 3 is graphics king.

Even the MP beta looks good.

#54 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

that's not God of War Ascension....

Gue1

Well... yeah...

The thread is about graphics king, what does GoW:A has to do with graphics kings? :?

#55 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Damn I am so hyped for this game. It looks like such a huge improvement over Arma II

#56 Posted by PAL360 (26728 posts) -

Looks photorealistic!

#57 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="WadeKuun"]Looks good but will become dated on 2/20 :)jun_aka_pekto

Feh. Not until it's out retail and I see the launch games for it. Those new games better have better graphics than a $15 game....which came out in 2011.

hard reset isn't your average budget priced game though, lol
#58 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15920 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="WadeKuun"]Looks good but will become dated on 2/20 :)BrunoBRS

Feh. Not until it's out retail and I see the launch games for it. Those new games better have better graphics than a $15 game....which came out in 2011.

I know. But, for a small developer made up of ex-employees from CD Project and the makers of Painkiller and Bulletstorm, it's a very good first effort.

In all the years I've gamed, I've seen small developers with very humble beginnings become the big stars they are now. I certainly hope these guys keep on track.

#59 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

jun_aka_pekto

I know. But, for a small developer made up of ex-employees from CD Project and the makers of Painkiller and Bulletstorm, it's a very good first effort.

In all the years I've gamed, I've seen small developers with very humble beginnings become the big stars they are now. I certainly hope these guys keep on track.

well they should either drop their storytelling efforts, or get someone better, 'cause hard reset was cringe-worthy :P good thing i got to skip almost all of it once i realized that.
#60 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15920 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] hard reset isn't your average budget priced game though, lolBrunoBRS

well they should either drop their storytelling efforts, or get someone better, 'cause hard reset was cringe-worthy :P good thing i got to skip almost all of it once i realized that.

I actually like it. This game is all about killing hordes of robots. It's all about twitches and reflexes like the old Contra on the NES. The less the story gets in the way of my fun, the better. Anything more and it destroys the pacing and my concentration. This game requires all my concentration when the shooting starts. I can't even press the FRAPS key without taking hits or getting splattered. 

#61 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

jun_aka_pekto

I actually like it. This game is all about killing hordes of robots. It's all about twitches and reflexes like the old Contra on the NES. The less the story gets in the way of my fun, the better. Anything more and it destroys the pacing and my concentration. This game requires all my concentration when the shooting starts. I can't even press the FRAPS key without taking hits or getting splattered. 

it's not that i wanted the story to be more present, but the story that was there could've been (much) better. some enemy variety wouldn't hurt either (and some variety to the music as well)
#62 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15920 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] well they should either drop their storytelling efforts, or get someone better, 'cause hard reset was cringe-worthy :P good thing i got to skip almost all of it once i realized that.BrunoBRS

it's not that i wanted the story to be more present, but the story that was there could've been (much) better. some enemy variety wouldn't hurt either (and some variety to the music as well)

Flying Wild Hog added a few more enemies in the free Exile DLC. I'm not a big music nut in games either. But, I keep the music on in Hard Reset because they act as an audio threat detector. When the enemies come onscreen, the music starts. When the last baddie is killed, the music stops. If you played Musical Chairs in a party, you get the idea. :lol:  

***Back to ARMA III***

#63 Posted by topgunmv (10187 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"] well they should either drop their storytelling efforts, or get someone better, 'cause hard reset was cringe-worthy :P good thing i got to skip almost all of it once i realized that.BrunoBRS

Guess this is as good a time as any to do a dump of my hard reset image cache:

hardreset20120713174534.jpg

iiizo.jpg

hardreset20120802182113.jpg

hardreset20120814154041.jpg

hardreset20120802181938.jpg

hardreset.jpg

hardreset20110911022002.jpg

hardreset20111006005506.jpg

hardreset20110915021304.jpg

temp-320-53708984.giftemp-320-18183984.gif

#64 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

jun_aka_pekto

Flying Wild Hog added a few more enemies in the free Exile DLC. I'm not a big music nut in games either. But, I keep the music on in Hard Reset because they act as an audio threat detector. When the enemies come onscreen, the music starts. When the last baddie is killed, the music stops. If you played Musical Chairs in a party, you get the idea. :lol:  

***Back to ARMA III***

it just gets repetitive after hearing the same single tune for the upteenth time.
#65 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

hard reset picture dump time?

hard reset picture dump time.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/938123552382500723/0BCFF94AEB05ED1015AA255AB0DE00F07E1FE0F5/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/938123552382494432/5726940817BE2995321AB17E11C149E86930F5BF/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/938123552382497522/27780073CA40852DEDB367E283799994A9DDF075/

^ whole level felt like a survival horror game.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/938123552338241645/5E9F44689CCFBBD958F2193E129EAA43B62DEBE6/

#66 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Good tech graphics, but it's not all that pretty, and there's still Crysis3 to contend with.

Inconsistancy
If you ask me Crysis 2 and 3 just add shine to everything. The game is a water whore! Lets add water and reflective everything so it looks teh pretty. Peasants might fall for it but i don't when it comes to realism Crysis and Arma destroy crysis 3.
#67 Posted by adamosmaki (9451 posts) -

jun_aka_pekto

same here but the game suffers from a couple of thinks and that is the lack variety on enemies and imo the lack of manual save ( especially for a game like this one ). If they had addressed those 2 at least it would have been an 8 in my book
#68 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

Good tech graphics, but it's not all that pretty, and there's still Crysis3 to contend with.

PCgameruk
If you ask me Crysis 2 and 3 just add shine to everything. The game is a water whore! Lets add water and reflective everything so it looks teh pretty. Peasants might fall for it but i don't when it comes to realism Crysis and Arma destroy crysis 3.

My sig/avatar is from a PC game you dolt. And my thinking C3 may be sporting more tech is from watching the videos on the engine, and playing with it a little.

SSS, Tessellation (shader and poly), SSDO, Caustics, wind effects, volume light, ect.

#69 Posted by adamosmaki (9451 posts) -
[QUOTE="PCgameruk"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

Inconsistancy

My sig/avatar is from a PC game you dolt. And my thinking C3 may be sporting more tech is from watching the videos on the engine, and playing with it a little.

SSS, Tessellation (shader and poly), SSDO, Caustics, wind effects, volume light, ect.

yeah sure if you look 2 screenshots side by side sure C3 might look better but it comes nowhere near the scale of Arma 3 and that what makes Arma 3 more impressive
#70 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -
[QUOTE="PCgameruk"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

Inconsistancy

I was not calling you a peasant you dolt?
#71 Posted by Inconsistancy (8091 posts) -
[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="PCgameruk"] If you ask me Crysis 2 and 3 just add shine to everything. The game is a water whore! Lets add water and reflective everything so it looks teh pretty. Peasants might fall for it but i don't when it comes to realism Crysis and Arma destroy crysis 3.

yeah sure if you look 2 screenshots side by side sure C3 might look better but it comes nowhere near the scale of Arma 3 and that what makes Arma 3 more impressive

But that's all it seems to have on it. Google Earth has that beat, and SpaceEngine murders that too.
#72 Posted by adamosmaki (9451 posts) -

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

Inconsistancy

But that's all it seems to have on it. Google Earth has that beat, and SpaceEngine murders that too.

Seriously dude ? you compare google earth quality of graphics with arma now ? And no that is not all it has. Find me another game of similar scale with as great graphics. The only think that comes close is modded Crysis 1 and Total War games

#73 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15920 posts) -

I'm particular about FPS/TPS games not making metal textures distinct enough. Bare metal have a luster that's in contrast to other textures around it. It's sort of a pet peeve to me when textures from different materials all look the same. 

Crysis 2 with DX11 does a great job especially with Maldo 4.0. Crysis 3 looks like it will too which is also my top pick for graphics king. I have to see more of ARMA 3 before I can consider it. It is in the running, though.

I love Hard Reset. But, it falls short in other areas, most notably the dirt/earth textures (in the Exile DLC) which Crysis 3 doesn't even break a sweat beating. It is my "metal king" though.    

#74 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15920 posts) -

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

PCgameruk

The problem with Crysis are the shacks and the buildings in the early levels (eg Recovery). They look downright terrible inside including the lighting. It has its own problems too with regards to realism such as reflections:

Crysis2011-12-2505-54-47-64_zpse3e6a268.

#75 Posted by kraken2109 (13007 posts) -

Hopefully it runs better than Arma2

#76 Posted by amaneuvering (4010 posts) -

It's techincally impressive but boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If I wanted something to look just like real life I wouldn't be playing videogames to escape real life in the first place.

#77 Posted by dxmcat (1121 posts) -

still runing my 9800gt playing QL daily.

gonna take a bit more than arma 2/3 to get me to fork over the dough for a system overhaul.

#78 Posted by danjammer69 (4109 posts) -

Arma 3 can look like that all day long.

If the game is as clunky and unenjoyable as Arma 2 is, then I could care less.

They need to focus on more than graphics and 'realism' this time around.

#79 Posted by Chozofication (2765 posts) -

As far as most raw output goes, the contenders are Crysis 3 and Metro Last light.  I'm gonna go ahead and say Crysis 3 but it'll be close.

Also, Witcher 2 holds the crown right now. 

#80 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

It's techincally impressive but boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

If I wanted something to look just like real life I wouldn't be playing videogames to escape real life in the first place.

amaneuvering
Yeah im sure when you walk outside your in the Greek islands.
#81 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

A2 looks great, can only imagine what this will be like.Heil68

With or without mods?

#82 Posted by GarGx1 (2506 posts) -

It's looking very nice indeed. Dieing a lot in a pretty game is always better than dieing a lot in an ugy one :D

#83 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
military shooter? lol
#84 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

that's not God of War Ascension....

Gue1

Well that game isn't a graphics king either.

#85 Posted by p3anut (5872 posts) -

BF3 looks better.

#86 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5661 posts) -

Honestly that doesn't look that impressive.

#87 Posted by NoodleFighter (6986 posts) -

ArmA 3 is technically impressive but since it focuses on photorealism it doesn't look as impressive since photorealism is about the most dull graphical art style

#88 Posted by NoodleFighter (6986 posts) -

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

seems like you guys really love Had Reset, Flying Wild Hog are working on secret project which I assume is a Hard Reset sequel since they say it isn't the platformer.

Looking at the concept art book it seems they had tons of ideas for Hard Reset but didn't have time & budget for it which explains why Hard Reset came out without a proper ending.

I like the music but the problem is, it's not very consistent, it's silent or has light music next you know everything gets all tense fighting robots and once you destroy them all the music goes away, that takes away the immersion. They need to try the Jak 2 method, one of things I liked about Jak 2 and 3 is that the music consistent and didn't completely change. They had a light version for when you weren't in combat or riding vehicles, and a more tense version for when you was in combat or riding a vehicle. I like this cause it didn't completely change tune.

#89 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

NoodleFighter

seems like you guys really love Had Reset, Flying Wild Hog are working on secret project which I assume is a Hard Reset sequel since they say it isn't the platformer.

Looking at the concept art book it seems they had tons of ideas for Hard Reset but didn't have time & budget for it which explains why Hard Reset came out without a proper ending.

I like the music but the problem is, it's not very consistent, it's silent or has light music next you know everything gets all tense fighting robots and once you destroy them all the music goes away, that takes away the immersion. They need to try the Jak 2 method, one of things I liked about Jak 2 and 3 is that the music consistent and didn't completely change. They had a light version for when you weren't in combat or riding vehicles, and a more tense version for when you was in combat or riding a vehicle. I like this cause it didn't completely change tune.

my real problem with the music is that it was pretty much this one single tune, that you get to listen throughout the entire playthrough. the lack of enemy variety and its corridor nature are probably the two other things that got me tired (oh and levels taking hours to finish with no way to stop halfway through), so i never actually finished the game. it's good to know it's there though, when i need to mindlessly blow up robots with pretty graphics.
#90 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -
I thought i was looking at battlefield 3, until i read
#91 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15920 posts) -

I like the music but the problem is, it's not very consistent, it's silent or has light music next you know everything gets all tense fighting robots and once you destroy them all the music goes away, that takes away the immersion.

NoodleFighter

I love it! I usually turn off music in all my games. But, I made an exception in Hard Reset because the music is like a threat indicator. Besides, it reminds me of Musical Chairs. Didn't you ever play Musical Chairs back in preschool and kindergarden?   :lol:

Hard Reset is pure arcade to me. I kind of treat it different from other FPS games like BF or Crysis.